• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

ifightwithdragons

A Dragon Trainer
I got the Eon ticket from my older brother and caught Latios with my last pokeball.
I finally won the master rank of the beauty contest with my Altaria.
I was saddened that the link trade count doesn't include GTS trades.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Really proud of my team, considering its rather weak beginnings (Ralts could just not take hits, nor could Swablu actually beat something without being switched out). My opinion of my final team aside (half of which were originally planned to be used oops), I challenged the elite four yesterday afternoon after spending Sunday morning raising everyone to lv.52.

Sidney ...Well what can I say about him? He was the easiest of the bunch, having been almost swept by Gallade if it weren't for Sharpedo - Manectric took care of that. Phoebe, my favourite Elite Four member, wasn't as easy, but was still manageable; that ghost girl in her room spooked me after finally seeing it in person.
Glacia, not too difficult, although her Walrein's Sheer Cold hit twice for some unfair reason. Now for Drake. I'll be honest here, he was the reason why I never managed to beat the original Sapphire. In any case, I led with Mega Altaria with Moonblast and Dragon Pulse in tow - my strategy was to essentially keep M-Altaria alive, even if it meant sacrificing one or two team members in the process. Fortunately, I managed to win without a sacrifice.

As for Steven, well I never actually got to fight him in Sapphire, so this was pretty much the only thing new to me. What struck me as odd was the fact that he didn't heal Aggron despite Gallade bringing it down to red health twice, and instead went for Earthquake, followed by Iron Tail. Perhaps he was saving his Full Restores for M-Metagross? I don't know.
Speaking of the big bad M-Metagross itself, I figured I might as well send in Swampert for its Mega, like what I did against Wally. Felt it was fitting for my 'ace' in Mega form to defeat the Mega of the Champion's own ace with a STAB Super Effective Earthquake.

Can I just say how much I love how they remade each member's corridor? Especially Steven's, I mean walking towards massive doors the slowly open to reveal your final opponent? That is some finale worthy stuff right there. I also quite liked the background of each E4 match, and how it was as if the battles were on the bridge between each room instead.

Current Team:
  • Swampert/Aqua lv.54 (named in honour of my original Mudkip)
  • Gallade/Knight lv.54 (funny how a knight kept getting beaten before reaching his final stage)
  • Ninetales/Kitsune lv.55 (oh how I love her moveset, so glad I bred one instead of waiting)
  • Manectric/Raiju lv.53 (originally planned for Glacia, but certain things got in the way)
  • Altaria/Altair lv.54 (love how a mon originally unable to kill anything can now be counted on to kill dragons)
  • Metagross lv.53 (originally wasn't planning on using it, but here we are)

Anyway I now have two Pokemon that I'll be proudly standing with in WiFi! Four to go... but I wonder what to use? After over 10 years it STILL sucks that you can only choose six! :(
Eh, 6 is large enough imo. Most JRPGs generally have around 4-6 character slots anyways.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After beating an Ace Duo, I Surfed south on a lake and arrived outside again and I got the Psychic TM from a ledge. I Surfed back into Victory Road's cavern afterwards and I battled several wild Pokemon before battling a male Expert and beating his Sawk with my Swellow's Fly attack. After that, I kept roaming around aimlessly and pushed more boulders and battled against an Ace Trainer named Vito from the Winstrate Family. I slayed his Electrode, Darmanitan and Swalot with Blaziken and Manectric and then I battled a Dragon Tamer before encountering my pal Wally again. We battled and I beat his Roselia, Magneton and Delcatty with Mega Blaziken and his Altaria and Mega Gallade with Pelipper and Manectric.

Haar

Humble Soldier
So I've only been on the GTS a handful of times, but I went searching for legends today and...

What did Game Freak do to deserve what the people have done on GTS? Is this some sick joke or an organized defacement?

Anyway, I was glad to accept the Kabuto someone traded for my Omanyte, dropped in Heatran for a Latios (fingers crossed), and ran. It's never been a pleasant experience for me there, with a few honorable traders being an exception, but this goes beyond what I've seen before, such as half the Pokemon population putting in their legends/shinies to "show off" for a Lv. 10 or under Mew.

Reimius

Today I went to Mt Chimney and stopped Team Aqua there. After that I went to Lavaridge Town and defeated Gym Leader Flannery. After that I captured Trapinch in Route 111 desert area. I also defeated Gym Leader Norman. Did some surfing in different areas and during that time my Trapinch evolved into Vibrava and Metang evolved into Metagross.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Working my way up Route 119 in OR, seems to be a lot smoother second time through. Maybe because stumbling blindly through AS helped and I got my guide book last week too. Want to play again but watching my two 5 month kittens is a majorly cute distraction...

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I transfered over my 5th team member, Ness a male lapras. After that I beat the trainers on the cycling bridge. Then I made my way to the weather institute after beating the trainers. After that I beat my rival easily and got to fortree city. Then I got the Devon scope and finally battled the trainers in the gym. Now I'm finishing getting everyone to lv 34.
Current team
Shulk the grovile lv 34
Metang lv 34
Cassandra the crobat lv 34
Saharah the camerupt lv 34
Ness the lapras lv 31

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After beating Wally at the last area of Victory Road, I received a Dawn Stone from him and raced towards the Pokemon League building's Pokemon Center. I also purchased several Full Restores and Hyper Potions, then I headed over to battle the Elite Four. I reached Elite Four Sidney's chamber after crossing a fancy bridge and after talking, we battled. I battled Sidney's Mightyena with Blaziken and beat it with Sky Uppercut, then I defeated Sidney's Sharpedo with Manectric's Discharge. I slayed Sidney's Shiftry with my Swellow's Aerial Ace next and also emasculated his Absol with Blaziken's Sky Uppercut as well. All that remained was his Cacturne which my Pelipper defeated with Aerial Ace. I then saved my game.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've been spending most of my time on Omega Ruby trading with my Y and hatching eggs. Last night, I traded over eggs containing Illumise and another Mudkip and hatched them in Littleroot Town before trading the Pokemon back to Y. Today, I hatched the remaining two members of my team, Numel and Swablu. I traded over the eggs when they were close to hatching, but they all still took a long time to hatch since I don't have a bike or anything to make the process faster. I don't know how many laps I ran around Littleroot Town. :p

Traded my Pokemon back to Y after they hatched. I'm going to EV train them on that game, then send them back to OR so that I can play through the game with them.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Got lazy and imported my team from X to OR, and decided to take it to the Battle Maison. I decided to go for the Multi trophy first, choosing Wally as my partner. I used my Kangaskhan and Garchomp to clean out all 49 rounds up to the Battle Chatalaine with no problem, and then... Promptly got screwed over by a crit from Tornadus. A crit Focus Blast, no less. You know, the move that never seems to hit unless it's being used against you...

252+ SpA Tornadus Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 280-330 (79.5 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As you can see, no way it would have OHKO'd me without the crit, even if it got a max damage roll and was Modest (I think it was Timid). After Kanga went down, I simply didn't have anything to throw at Landorus, and Wally didn't seem to understand that Landorus was easily the most dangerous thing on their team and insisted on attacking everything else until the Landorus smashed him with Earth Power. I've changed Gengar's set to SubDisable and will use him next time I get to the Chatalaine, as he walls Landorus if it's locked into Grass Knot, Earth Power, or Focus Blast.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I was at 45 wins doing Super Triples before I got completely crushed due entirely to hax and impossible stats.

Battle Video: R4PG-WWWW-WWWH-2XU4

Seriously, since when does a +2 Registeel ever outpace max speed Sceptile or Greninja?

Flamer

Defeated Watson in the Mauville gym. Fairly straightforward battle, with Marshtomp making light work of him and his lackeys teams'. Mighteyna's Fire Fang came in handy against the Magnemite too.

Now heading up Mt. Chimney way. Zigzagoon's evolved into Linoone, and defeated the Winstrates family along the way. Decided to keep Electrike in the team for the time being, so slowly trying to get her caught up to everyone else level wise.

DSDark

Breeder
Yesterday I completed my 50 battle streak against Nita. Wasn't to difficult set up stealth rocks and then out took out a weaked landurous with mega kang, straight took out tornadous with mega kang and then beat thundurous with greninja.

Now I get to battle wally and that's just awesome.

Rakurai

Finished the fifth gym and am currently soft-resetting for a decent Latios, who I intend to use on my team.

I wish I had realized that you collect flags from the same secret bases on a daily basis sooner, though...

DarkerShining

Alpha Sapphire: Been exploring some locations I previously couldn't get to now that I have Surf. Explored more of Route 115, and checked out the water routes near Dewford. As I went along, I managed to get a Lucky Egg from a wild Pelipper. My Marshtomp also evolved into Swampert during one of my battles against the trainers on the sea routes. Also finally realized how to locate the missing Shroomish, and got the Intruiging Stone, which I then had Mr. Stone identify as a Pidgeotite. I'll probably be moving on to route 118 soon.

Current team:

Swampert, level 37.
Linoone, level 34.
Metang, level 33.
Braixen, level 32.
Hariyama, level 32.
Mightyena, level 28.

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
I did 885 soft resets so find a shiny Treecko. Which means I'll now start my regular playthrough.

After receiving my Treecko, nicknamed Scooter, I went to route 103 on professor Birch's advice. There I met May and she challenged my to a battle. I was able to win the battle using absorb when I only had 2hp left. The recovery hp gave me just enough hp to withstand another hit from May's Torchick and knock it out using pound.

We went back to Littleroot Town, where prof. Birch gave me a pokedex and May upgraded my PokeNav plus with the DexNav feature. We went to route 101 to test out the DexNav and I caught a female Poochyena with the move Thunder Fang! I decided to hang around route 101 for a bit and I caught myself a Wurmple. I then went back to route 103 and caught a Zigzagoon. I put both of them in the PC box.

Decided to try to reach Petalburg City, where my father has his gym. I battled a couple of trainers on route 102 and caught myself a male Seedot. Upon reaching Petalburg City May caught up with me and together we watched some Beautifly fly by.

In Petalburg City I healed my party in the pokemon centre and went to visit my dad in his gym. A green haired guy interrupted our conversation saying that he wanted to catch a pokemon by hisself. My dad lend him a Zigzagoon and told me to watch over him as he tried to catch a pokemon. We went to route 102 where he, his name is Wally by the way, encountered a Ralts and caught it. I'm actually pretty jealous it him for that Ralts. After we returned to the gym my father told me to challenge the gym of Rustboro City and after that some other gyms before I can challenge him. So that's what I'll be doing!

So the new plan is to get to Rustboro City and challenge Roxanne the gym leader. I went to route 104 where I saw some Wingull flying over my head. My DexNav then located another flying type pokemon. It turned out to be a Tailow, which I caught. She makes a nice addition to the team. I then talked to some people on the route, but only few people wanted to battle me. I then met this rich boy which used a lv.8 Zigzagoon. Unfortunately my Poochyena wasn't able to knock it out and got fainted herself. Luckily Treecko was able to get the job done though.

Next up will be the Petalburg Woods. I wonder what pokemon I'll find inside!
See you next time!

Current Party
treecko.gif
Scooter - lv.10 (male) |
poochyena.gif
Pooch - lv.8 (female) fainted |
seedot.gif
Shiftlocke - lv.7 (male) |
taillow.gif
Skyla - lv.6 (female)

Current Location
Route 104 (south)

Number of Badges

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Got lazy and imported my team from X to OR, and decided to take it to the Battle Maison. I decided to go for the Multi trophy first, choosing Wally as my partner. I used my Kangaskhan and Garchomp to clean out all 49 rounds up to the Battle Chatalaine with no problem, and then... Promptly got screwed over by a crit from Tornadus. A crit Focus Blast, no less. You know, the move that never seems to hit unless it's being used against you...

252+ SpA Tornadus Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan: 280-330 (79.5 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As you can see, no way it would have OHKO'd me without the crit, even if it got a max damage roll and was Modest (I think it was Timid). After Kanga went down, I simply didn't have anything to throw at Landorus, and Wally didn't seem to understand that Landorus was easily the most dangerous thing on their team and insisted on attacking everything else until the Landorus smashed him with Earth Power. I've changed Gengar's set to SubDisable and will use him next time I get to the Chatalaine, as he walls Landorus if it's locked into Grass Knot, Earth Power, or Focus Blast.

The exact same thing happened to me the first time I faced the Triples Chatalaine in X. Her Moltres OHKOd my Dual Screener with a crit Overheat on the first turn, through Light Screen, and it all went downhill from there. Later lost against the Doubles Chatalaine TWICE because of the same thing, mock battle afterwards with the same team proved the crit she scored mattered. Pretty sure the Maison is programmed to hax us over when it matters most.

I got really lucky with the Multi Chatalaines as they picked the Pokemon that my team countered perfectly (they used Virizion and Thundurus first while I led with Mega Lopunny and Maxie used Life Orb Crobat), and they made a couple of fatal mistakes with trying Metal Burst with their Cobalion when I clearly was going to go for Landorus and Mega Camerupt is slower than it as well as Landorus locking itself into Earth Power when my last Pokemon was Zapdos (Crobat was OHKOd by Thundurus's Wild Charge). I really wish they were that stupid in X. I might have been able to win Doubles instead of losing twice in a row.

Anyway, on topic, I've been using the DexNav a lot to catch some HA Pokemon that I wanted. Got myself a HA Cacnea in a Nest Ball, HA Skrelp in a Heal Ball, HA Carvahna in a Quick Ball, and a HA Sandshrew in a Repeat Ball. I'm really enjoying the DexNav. It's such a handy feature. Now that I've transferred the Safari Ball Kangaskhan over from HeartGold I can start breeding for my ORAS Mega Kangaskhan to use in the Battle Maison. Going to try and redeem my previous failures at Doubles before anything else as I really do not like that Chatalaine.

Yay! I got to Silver Flag rank in my Secret Base today! That means I get a free Jukebox, a third skill for my Secret Pals, and that I can buy some new items in the Secret Base Guild's shops. I also levelled up my Chimchar and Dewott, getting them both to fully evolve, and today I accidentally bumped into a wild Swablu while Soaring, so I caught it, evolved it, and grabbed the Altarianite from the one of many creepy Lisia fanboys in Lilycove. *shudder* The less often I'm forced to deal with those freaks, the better off I'll be.

Haar

Humble Soldier
After yesterday trying to QR in three different Nintendo codes I found on an image and failing each try, I decided to try again this morning to great success. Nabbed a Regice Doll, even though I doubt I'll use it, and now I really just want to get my secret base trio to Lv. 100 to start showing off a QR of my own.

I also need just a few more TMs and a couple of Mega stones to finish off my item checklist... Platinum secret base rank and Contest Spectacular over and over are NOT fun for me. (Also the sheer luck of getting a mirage island that has one of the TMs I'm looking for...)

Yay! I got to Silver Flag rank in my Secret Base today! That means I get a free Jukebox, a third skill for my Secret Pals, and that I can buy some new items in the Secret Base Guild's shops. I also levelled up my Chimchar and Dewott, getting them both to fully evolve, and today I accidentally bumped into a wild Swablu while Soaring, so I caught it, evolved it, and grabbed the Altarianite from the one of many creepy Lisia fanboys in Lilycove. *shudder* The less often I'm forced to deal with those freaks, the better off I'll be.

Don't worry, you'll get your own creepy fanboys soon enough... :)

Miyue

I got my first badge from Roxanne! My team currently consists of Skitty, Poochyena, Torchic, and Wingull. Wingull and Poochyena (with its Ice Fang) were the only Pokémon worth using for the battle, since Torchic and Skitty aren't quite equipped yet to defeat Rock-types.

Wingull took down Geodude without a hitch. I forgot about Nosepass having Rock Tomb, and that nearly got my Wingull KO'd. That Rock Tomb could almost take out my Wingull in one hit. I switched Poochyena in, but even with Ice Fang, Nosepass's high defense made it near worthless. Like any totally ethical trainer, I decided to employ the "let current Pokémon die for a free switch" strategy. After many Sand Attacks, Howls, a few potions tossed at Wingull, and an Ice Fang here and there, Nosepass (with 50% health left) finally KO'd Poochyena. Switch in Wingull, Water Gun, and wham, Nosepass faints.

With my first badge in hand, I walked outside the gym only to find a scientist from the Devon Corporation being pursued by a Team Magma Grunt...