• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

xEryChan

Demon Child
I went on Route 103 and battled all the trainers on the route before I made my way back to Route 110 and Mauville City.

I beat a Youngster before I continued, where I ran into May. She challenged me to a battle. She led off with her Wailmer and I sent my Ralts in. It took a couple of hits of Magical Leaf to knock the Wailmer out. Next she sent out her Shroomish and I switched out to my Taillow, who was able to defeat the Shroomish with one hit of Wing Attack. May's last and final Pokemon was her Combusken. I kept my Taillow in and used Wing Attack on, which easily took it out. After defeating May, I had a double evolution. Taillow evolved into Swellow and Ralts evolved into Kirlia. May gave me the Dowsing Machine before leaving and I kept going, battling a PokeManiac and a Psychic before reaching Mauville City.

Before going into Mauville City, I decided to go into the tall grass to catch some Pokemon. I caught a Electrike, a Minun, and a Gulpin. After that, I saved.

Current Pokemon

Grovyle
Swellow
Kirlia
Lombre
Poochyena
Zigzagoon

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I decided to start going after the Regis. So, I returned to Pacifidlog Town and added a Wailord, Relicanth, and a Dig Pokemon to my party. I then started Surfing along the fast current routes until coming across a Dive spot. I went underwater there and eventually surfaced at the Sealed Chamber. There, I solved the puzzles and opened the doors to the Regis' caves.

After that, I went over to the Island Cave to catch Regice. I weakened it down to 1HP using a False Swipe Pokemon and paralyzed it too. It was a little annoying to catch at first, but eventually I got it to stay in a Dusk Ball.
I will probably catch one or both of the other two Regis later today.

Once Regice was caught, I went soaring around and landed at Nameless Cavern. In the cave there, I battled Azelf and weakened it. After only a few Dusk Balls, I successfully captured it. Then, I soared to another mirage spot. This one had wild Happiny on it, so I used my DexNav to steal some Oval Stones and Lucky Eggs off them.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After beating my pal Wally at the flower-covered area of Victory Road, I received a Dawn Stone from him and ran towards the Pokemon League building. I healed my team there at the Pokemon Center counter, then I walked back outside and used my Eon Flute and soared on my Latias next. I encountered and caught a wild Swablu, Braviary, and Drifloon and then I landed on a Mirage Mountain north of Lilycove City and caught a wild Kricketune, Forretress and Rufflet there. I soared again afterwards and I landed at the Pathless Plain south of Pacifidlog Town. I walked towards a mysterious floating ring in the air and I encountered a wild Virizion inside. I paralyzed the Virizion with Manectric and caught it in an Ultra Ball.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Now that I've managed to get my hands on a Contrary Snivy I'm going try for Singles in the Battle Maison again, once I've finished my Ponyta MM anyway. Hopefully I have more luck this time. It's been rotten in Singles lately which is annoying as Super Singles was one of the statues I managed to win in X. ORAS Singles is turning out to be my X Doubles. The one I can't seem to win.

I also scanned in Shigeru Ohmori's Secret Base and received a Regice Doll from him. That was a nice surprise. I didn't expect to get one right away. I'll add it to my Secret Base later. Back to getting my 5IV female Ponyta now.

I also scanned in Shigeru Ohmori's Secret Base and received a Regice Doll from him. That was a nice surprise. I didn't expect to get one right away. I'll add it to my Secret Base later. Back to getting my 5IV female Ponyta now.

I think his base always drops a Regice Doll. I've been getting nothing but Regice Dolls from him since I scanned his base earlier this week. Plus, he's a Ninja Boy class, so his Secret Pal skills are really useful, too.

Flamer

Spent some time in the Mauville Food Court and battling Secret Base trainers to level up Tyrunt. He's now lv28, so should be ready to evolve by Saturday. Then need to go back and transfer Groudon through from Emerald for my Magma team.

Visited a few Mirage Islands. Mine was the Mirage Cave to the north of Mt.Chimney. Have had this a few times, but did catch a Graveler that I then traded for someone else's on the GTS to get Golem. The wifi pass then gave me a couple of few islands in the north that I hadn't been to yet. Caught a Persian at one of them, and something else on the other but can't remember what...

Did a few Wonder Trades with some spare Graveler from the Mirage Cave. Among the usual rubbish I got a Larvitar and a Bunneary, neither of which I have, so that was nice.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I finally got my Absol to level 70+ (78 to be exact, hit level 70 and fed it all my Rare Candies), and taught it Thunder Wave and False Swipe. As such, it was time to hunt legendary pokemon.

Caught:

Regigigas. I started with Regigigas because it can only be encountered in the daytime. I put most of my team in the storage system save for my Absol, Swampert (I needed surf), and Aerodactyl (flight), and added the three regis. I equipped Regice with a Castalia Cone, flew to route 105, surfed to the cave, went in, saved, and went fort to encounter the Regigigas. Zut Zutt!
After paralysing it, I hit it with five false swipes before I started chucking Dusk Balls (thank Hades it was an underground encounter as in dark places Dusk Balls are considerably more effective than ultraballs). It took about eight or so Dusk Balls to catch, but it only hit the Absol once, taking away about a quarter of its health. Then it started spamming Zen Headbutts, which Absol is immune to >.<

Heatran. Heatran was next on my list, so after healing up, and removing the three Regis from my team, I added back my Linoone, Gardevoir, and Haxorus, and went hunting in the cave on route 120.
After meeting Flannery and collecting the Charizardite Y, I continued deeper into the cavern, making a shortcut to make it easier to get out. Not that I needed to as my Linoone knows Dig. Eventually I made it to the deepest part, where I saved before heading towards Heatran's Portal.
As usual, I started with a Thunder Wave to paralyse the Legendary. Then I started to grind it down. Due to its steel type, it took quite a while before I had reduced it enough to start chucking pokeballs at it. Three duskballs later, the Heatran was mine.... I named her Pele after the Hawaiian/Polynesian volcano godess.

And now for the beasts...

Suicune. I ended up meeting Suicune first. I started the battle by Thunderwaving as usual, and then I started hitting with false swipe. It managed to begin with a crit that brought me down to yellow, followed by an ice fang that froze me, so I had to use a Full Restore. However, four false swipes later and it was in capture range, so I started chucking Net Balls as it is a water pokemon. The first Net Ball almost got it, but the second did get it.
Raikou. I knew Raikou would be annoying due to its immunity to paralysis courtesy of its electric typing. As such, I had to rely exclusively on false swipe and dumb luck. And it sucked, hard. After bringing it down to the red, which thankfully only took three false swipes, it took over 30 ultra balls. Had I fought it during the night it would probably have been easier on account of being able to use Dusk Balls, but as it is I had to use Ultra Balls. That said, now I have it.
Entei. Compared to Raikou, Entei was a cakewalk. Partially due to it using Swagger, which helped me to bring it down to red quicker, and partially due to being able to paralyse it. It's Flamethrower attacks where annoying, but tolerable. I did have to use a number of ultra balls against it, but eventually it did get caught. All in all, it took seven ultra balls.

Thundurus. After the beasts, there were only one possible legend left for me to catch in AS, Thundurus. So, after flying to Fortree City to heal up (which is also the closest town to my secret base, incidentally), I switched out Lugia for Castform, and went soaring. Thundurus was another electric pokemon, so I got ready for a long and annoying fight. I needn't have worried, seven ultra balls later, and it was caught.

Time to send my Absol over to X. :)

Edit: Caught Zapdos, Zygarde, and Mewtwo on X. Zapdos was the most time consuming, Mewtwo was the hardest to catch. Transferred them back to X.

Current National Dex Progress: 698/706 (98,8% complete).

Time to play some OR.

Last edited:

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
Completed the Delta Episode: Caught Rayquaza after throwing a few dusk balls, destroyed Zinnia by spamming dragon pulse with Rayquaza and then also destroyed Deoxys with one dragon ascend (oh boy, that's powerful...!) so I'll have to come back for Deoxys later.

I decided to start working on my pokedex now. I have a pretty complete pokedex on Pokebank, but I want to get as much as possible from within the game itself. So I started with leveling up a few pokemon by rebattling a bunch of trainers across Hoenn. I added to my pokedex the following: Dustox, Beautifly, Mighthyena, Breloom, Masquerain, Ninjask, Shedinja, Sandslash, Swalot, Exploud, Grumpig, Weezing, Muk, Banette and Cacturne.
In the process I also caught a Lillipup, Bouffalant and Claydol.

Pokédex
Regional:
seen: 179
caught: 96

National:
seen: 243
caught: 99

PsyRes

So i was DexNav chaining for a shiny poochyena at Route 101.
Around chain 100 i found one,but unfortunately,i was watching a tv show at the same time so wasn't really paying full attention to it,so i killed it by mistake.. only saw its fainting animation :'(

HOWEVER,i started again from scratch and luckily i found one at chain 37! :D

poochey.jpg

It's so cute & golden ♥
Dunno if i wanna evolve it :>

But yea woohoo for shiny Poochyena~ ♥♥♥!

Lorde

So after capturing Virizion at the Pathless Plain, I flew back to the Pokemon League building's Pokemon Center. I quickly purchased several Full Restores and Hyper Potions there and then I headed over to battle the Elite Four at long last. I reached Elite Four Sidney's chamber after crossing a bridge and after talking, we battled each other. I battled Sidney's Mightyena with my Gallade and beat it with Close Combat and then I defeated Sidney's Sharpedo with my Manectric's Discharge. I thrashed Sidney's Shiftry with my Swellow's Aerial Ace next and also defeated his Absol with Gallade's Dazzling Gleam as well. All that remained was his Cacturne which my Camerupt defeated with Eruption. I then saved my game.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I finished catching the other two Regis yesterday. I decided to catch Registeel first, so I went over to the Ancient Tomb and solved another Braille puzzle. Then, I battled Registeel and started weakening it. After several balls, it was caught. Next, I headed to the Desert Ruins and encountered Regirock there. As usual, I weakened it and eventually captured it.

With those two now caught, my Hoenn Dex was finally complete! I flew to Lilycove and headed over to the hotel again. There, I obtained the diploma for completing the regional Pokedex and had it sent to my Secret Base's PC. I then went to my base and put it up on display.

After that, I figured I should catch some more of the legendaries from other regions. So, I returned to Nameless Cavern in order to capture Uxie and Mesprit. Both of them were pretty easy to catch, with Uxie taking only one Dusk Ball after weakening it. Will try to catch some more legends later.

Finally, I evolved the rest of the Pokemon in my PC that evolved from stones or levelling up. I will need to transfer some more Pokemon over from Y soon.

Lorde

So upon thrashing Sidney at the League, I walked across a bridge towards Phoebe's chamber and battled her there. I beat her first Banette with Gallade's Night Slash and Phoebe's Sableye with Gallade's Dazzling Gleam attack. I used my Ludicolo against Phoebe's second Banette and Dusclops and beat them with Surf attacks and finally I beat Phoebe's Dusknoir with Swampert. I walked to Glacia's chamber after that and battled her too. I used my Camerupt's Eruption to beat Glacia's first Glalie and first Froslass, then I battled her second Froslass and beat it with my Manectric's Flamethrower and her Walrein with Thunderbolt. All that remained was Glacia's second Glalie, which my Gallade's Close Combat finished off.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
AS: Got Articuno of the GTS for a Zapdos, immediately put it back up on the GTS for a Moltres.

My National Dex total is up to 699/706, only seven legends to go, three of them from OR (Dialga, Tornadus, and Reshiram), Moltres, and three that require legendary pokemon from both OR and AS (Giratina, Landorus, and Kyurem). Then I will finally be done with the National Dex and can start breeding for shinies.

Also, when breeding a Nidoran on AS for my OR, I noticed that apparently Nidoking and Nidoqueen can't breed with each other. At least I got the "prefer to play with other pokemon" line. So I exchanged one for a Ditto. Which worked fine. I just find it an odd note. I ended up with a Nidoran(M), which I leveled, evolved (twice), and gave a few TM moves (Earthquake, Brick Break, Poison Jab, and Smack Down)

OR: Transferred over a Nidoking from AS, going to use it to take out Wattson's Gym. I may keep it on my party in place of another pokemon. Probably the Shiny Metang/Metagross as I only really need it to catch pokemon with.
That makes my current team:

Rina (lv. 22) - Kirlia w. Synchronize
Woodly (lv. 26) - Treecko
Frogadier (lv. 27) - Frogadier w. Protean
Stardust (lv. 20) - Linoone w. Pickup (HM slave)
El Nino (lv. 19) - Nidoking
Charmeleon (lv. 24) - Charmeleon

Both the Frogadier and the Charmeleon where gotten through Wonder Trade. I'll have to look into if one can name unnamed pokemon gotten through trades in the future, but that is really a secondary concern and ultimately not important.

Aegon

I collected my next two badges, then spent hours attempting to obtain a Dawn Stone from the Sea Mauville rematch. I eventually ran out of patience and resorted to Super Training, which proved to be a far more sensible approach. With my team complete, I proceeded to capture Kyogre and traverse Victory Road. I defeated the Elite Four with ease, but the same cannot be said for Steven. My only surviving Pokémon was Torkoal, as Mega Metagross had wiped out most of my team. Torkoal pulled through, tanking its Giga Impact and finishing it with Flamethrower. I was surprised by May's challenge after the credits had rolled, and even more so by the introduction to the Delta Episode.

254.png
Lv. 55
284.png
Lv. 55
324.png
Lv. 56
334.png
Lv. 58
342.png
Lv. 53
478.png
Lv. 55

Lorde

So after I slayed Glacia at her chamber, I walked across another bridge to Drake's chamber and after talking to him, we battled. I used my Swampert's Ice Beam against Drake's Altaria and thrashed it, then I switched to my Ludicolo afterwards and battled Drake's first Flygon with him. Two Surf attacks were enough to defeat the Flygon and then I battled against Drake's second Flygon with Gallade's Dazzling Gleam. I switched to my Manectric and Ludicolo to defeat Drake's Kingdra afterwards and after that struggle, I used my Swampert and Swellow against Drake's Salamence last and I eventually beat Drake and healed my injured Pokemon with several Super Potions and then saved my game before moving onward.

Bokk

Arrived at the weather institute to find it being invaded by team magma. I swapped out some of my team at the PC before engaging them. Grovyle evolved. I ran into a distressed Tabitha on the second floor and battled him. Before taking off, Tabitha mentioned Mt. Pyre. The men I rescued informed me of Primal Groudon. I received a Castform for my help. I ran into May a short way past the weather institute. After battle, she gave me HM02 - fly. I arrived at Fortree City. I sent the Glalie from the demo to my full game. I visited the secret base club and battled Aarune. I tried to enter the gym, but the path was blocked.
I explored sea stone slab, and vigoroth evolved. I met up with
Steven. He gave me the Devon scope, which allowed me to see camouflaged Kecleons. He also gave me sceptilite. With the scope in hand, I returned to the gym and challenged Winona. I managed to defeat her, earning the feather badge and TM19-roost. Before moving on, I visited early areas with Fly.
Aron, Trapinch, and Carvanha evolved (love surf with sharpedo). I ran into Aarune in fiery path. On my way to lilycove city, I encountered team magma. I followed them to my pyre. I made my way to the top of the cemetery, finding medichamite on the way. I ran into Maxie. He left with the red orb and ordered Courtney to battle me. I took the blue orb and flew to slate port to get the red orb back. I arrived at slate port as team magma sailed off with the submarine. I confronted Maxie but was unable to stop his escape. Capt. Stern took me to Lilycove to pursue team magma.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Today I bred two perfect IV Flabebes (one red with Symbiosis and one white with Flower Veil). As I was EV training them, I caught a shiny Whismur, my first wild shiny in ORAS! I don't even have the Shiny Charm yet, so that was an even greater surprise. Too bad I can't use it competitively, but it is a nice addition to my shiny collection. Also, because it is Saturday I am planning to go to by new stuff for my secret base from the Lilycove Dept Store. I haven't bought anything there since I reached Platinum rank, so I hope they have some goodies for me. That's all for now. Some more EV / Blissey base grinding and I'll call it a day.

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I am almost done evolving everyone normally. The last one is zweilous. I hate how late it evolves >.> next will be the tyrogues. Hopefully I won't have to catch anymore because of them not evolving into the right pokemon. After that will be evolving with friendship.

HM02gon

Waiting...
I FINALLY managed to beat Nita and Morgan in Super Multis. Well it wasn't them that were the problem it was the trainers before them. But honestly compared to the trainers in the 40s Nita and Morgan were a piece of cake. Seriously 5 of the trainer duos I battled had Veterans (or legendary users) in them, including a female Veteran duo. But thanks to Steven and the two IV bred EV trained Pokemon I traded over from X I was able to get a nice shiny golden trainer card.
This was my first Battle Maison victory and first big battling accomplishment, so I'll put a run down of the battle for those interested below-

You know what Pokemon Steven has.
But here are the ones I used-

Note- If you're going to judge my nicknames I literally name my Pokemon the first name I think of.

Name-Anita
Gender- Female
Species-
Nature- Jolly
IV- 31/31/31/??/31/31
EV- 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp
Item- Persim Berry
Moveset-
Earthquake-Obvious STAB
U-turn- Coverage, good for switching out while still doing damage
Outrage- Super powerful, can KO most things
Rock Slide- Dealing with flying types, flinching.

Other- I send her out first so that if there's something she can't kill easily, I have her use U-Turn. It's also useful with Steven's Aerodactyl that she can use Earthquake freely. The Persim Berry is for Outrage, and it's saved my butt multiple times. And it helps if the opponent decided to use Swagger. Choice items are overrated anyway.

Name- Elsa
Gender- Female
Species- Ampharos
Nature- Modest
IV- 31/??/31/31/31/31
EV- 252 HP, and the rest is split between Sp.Atk and Sp.Def. I wish super training gave numbers.
Item- Ampharosite
Moveset-
Dragon Pulse- STAB and for attacking ground types.
Thunderbolt- STAB and coverage(obvious reasons)
Cotton Guard- Massive defense boosts (Earthquake... please)
Protect- I just needed a filler move and this has saved her butt.

Other- So as you can see I run M-Ampharos but she's very defense orientated unlike Anita who is full on attack. Cotton Guard is one of the best status raising moves out there, and after I set up one of these (raising defense 250%) she can take physical hits for days.

Battle rundown-

Nita sends out Tornadus and Morgan sends out Cobalion
I send out Anita and Steven sends out Aerodactyl

Turn 1-
Aerodactyl starts out with a Fire Fang on Cobalion, doing about 1/3 damage to it. I proceed to have Anita EQ it, leaving it with around 1/4. Tornadus uses Hurricane on Anita, leaving her at critical HP.

Turn 2-
Morgan withdraws Cobalion and sends out Latias. Aerodactyl uses Fire Fang on her, however it barely cuts her HP. Anita uses Outrage, and unfortunately Tornadus takes the damage. Luckily she lands a critical hit and OHKOs him.

Turn 3-
Nita sends out Landorus, who proceeds to use Focus Blast to finish Anita. Aerodactyl gains revenge with an Ice Fang on him, leaving him at critical HP and frozen solid. Latias uses Dragon Pulse on Aerodactyl, doing about 1/2 HP.

Turn 4-
I send out Elsa and mega evolve her immediately. Landorus can't move due to being frozen, so Aerodactyl finishes him with an Ice Fang. Latias uses Dragon Pulse on Aerodactyl, leaving him at critical HP. Elsa uses Dragon Pulse back at her, leaving her at critical HP.

Turn 5-
Aerodactyl finishes Latias with an Ice Fang.

Turn 6-
Morgan sends Cobalion back out, and Aerodactyl proceeds to finish it with a Fire Fang, winning the battle.

I also completed my National Pokedex, so now I can proceed with shiny hunting. First I wanna finish breeding my competitive team, and I want at least 1 shiny on it.

Last edited:

Lorde

After I slayed Drake, I arrived at Steven's chamber after crossing a metallic bridge. We finally battled each other there and Steven used his Skarmory and I beat it with two of my Manectric's Discharge attacks. Afterwards, I battled against Steven's Aggron and I attacked it with Ludicolo Surf. Aggron's Sturdy activated though which was annoying, but a Dive attack beat it and I used my Gallade against Steven's Claydol and Armaldo after that and beat them with Night Slash and Close Combat, respectively. I beat Steven's Cradily with Swampert and I battled Steven's Mega Metagross with Camerupt and I won the match with Eruption. Prof. Birch and May arrived afterwards and I was entered in the Hall of Fame.