• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I just did some Secret Base evolving in OR of my other regional starters, the internet on my DS didn't want to hold out for very long so I couldn't spawn new bases or Mirage Spots, that was disappointing. So when the internet did work I did some GTS trading for a Growlithe because the one I was hunting on Mt. Pyre killed itself with Take Down and a Pichu for one of my Dittos I got on a Mirage Island, then Wonder Traded the others I had like six Dittos. Also had eight Skitties that I wanted to unload but the internet crapped out before I could. Also got a Lotad so now the holes in my Hoenn dex don't bug me as much. They still do since I know I'll never get a Jirachi for that space after Deoxys...

Barrysun

Well, I've just had my first wifi battles in Omega ruby. apparently someone challenged me to a battle as soon as I've got online. (I wanted to update my Secret base battle with 3 Vaporeons) it was a 5 on 6 battle. I've managed to win this battle with my Victini at the end.

I just won my first contest in OR. I started off feeding my Cosplay Pikachu a bunch of Rainbow Pokéblocks, then showing her to the fan club chairman to receive the five scarves. I attached a Red Scarf to her, and changed her nickname to something more generic, as opposed to something related to her current costume. I visited the Name Rater, and with his help, I have rechristened my Cosplay Pikachu, *Pikaderp*! I then went to the Contest Hall, and entered her into a Normal-rank Coolness contest. I went up against a Makuhita, a Taillow, and an Electrike, with the Makuhita having a trainer who has some extra skill in contests.

The introduction round went over without a hitch. I went last, but my *Pikaderp* wowed the crowd with her epic rockstar appeal. In the first round of the talent section, I went first and used Meteor Mash, which increased the excitement of the crowd. Then my other three competitors moved, each doing progressively worse the further down the line their turns went. I went first on the second round, too, making an appeal with Brick Break, which also boosted the crowd's excitement. Makuhita had some good moves, tho, and he gave me a run for my money the longer the competition went on. On round 3 I used Thunderbolt, again increasing the crowd's excitement, but another person's Taillow also amped up the crowd in the same round, while Makuhita's Arm Thrust randomly scored a gigantic appeal. Round four saw Makuhita go first, and he got the crowd's excitement maxed, showing off his special skill. I had a countermeasure, however, and severely jammed his appeal by using Thunder Wave. On round 5 I went third, trying once again to show off my Cosplay Pikachu's Meteor Mash technique, but it didn't matter. When the points were tallied, it turned out that I scored so well in the introduction round, that even that well-trained Makuhita got left in the dust!

I learned a bit more about Lisia, about why she got started in contests, but she didn't say anything substantial. She just parroted the usual "bringing the world together" rhetoric that the franchise has adopted lately. She did that smutty hip-roll mannerism again, but it wasn't as pronounced as it was the past few times, so I barely even noticed it. I figure she'll do that every time I win a contest, so I've decided to try to get used to it--maybe even try to enjoy it, as she is a very attractive and sweet-natured young woman with an affinity for Dragon-types, so she is sort of my type--if this is the path that I intend to travel.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I talked to Wallace at the Sky Pillar's entrance and in order to undo the seal there, he had to test me via a battle. He sent out his Wailord and I used my Ludicolo's Mega Drain to slay it. I beat Wallace's Whiscash with Mega Drain too and his Tentacruel with Zen Headbutt, then I thrashed his Milotic and Gyarados with Manectric's Thunderbolt. Finally, I beat his Ludicolo with Swellow's Fly and Wallace allowed me to go on ahead. Upon arrival at the Sky Pillar's interior, I saw Zinnia again and as I climbed up, she told me the story of Rayquaza's role in stopping a previous meteor. I encountered several wild Pokemon and caught a Claydol and Ariados as well before reaching the tower's summit and seeing Zinnia there as well.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Finally got Raikou after using nearly 15 balls, never has any of hte Johto dog/cat things been that hard to get...Raikou must have adopted the Nemesis system and purposely got stronger while I was dawdling around...

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
Yesterday I completed the Hoenn pokedex and received the oval charm from professor Birch. I also beat the league for the second times. I had to use a lot of revives in between battles, but starting every battle with a fully healthy team made me beat the E4 without big problems. In the champion battle it came down to a final face-off between mega metagross and mega Rayquaza. A couple of dragon pulses did win me the battle.

I've now decided to pause completing the national dex for a while and try to win a master rank contest. For that I'm currently growing some berries for pokeblocks.

OJG

r u not entertained
Got the game today. Set up a bunch of things to trade over from Y, including eggs, then got going on the first gym. My Grovyle made very quick work of Roxanne, now awaiting my eggs and items.

My planned team is Sceptile, Blastoise, Ursaring, Electivire, Beartic or Braviary (if my friend can find a Braviary to breed) and Pyroar. I have a bunch of good-natured/good-IV eggs coming over though too - Pidgey, Scyther, Nidoran, Gastly, Horsea, Larvitar, Ralts, Deino, Deerling, Amaura and Pancham - so I have some flexibility. Also have my Talonflame, Gardevoir and Heracross from Y that I could breed.

ebevan91

I finished my living dex earlier and now I'm just breeding some of my favorite Pokemon. It's so hard deciding which single mega evolution I want to use on my team though.

Lorde

Zinnia and Aster watched the meteor shower at the Sky Pillar's summit when I arrived and afterwards, Zinnia finally summoned the Legendary Rayquaza. She planned to have Rayquaza Mega Evolve, but her Key Stone failed to activate. Suddenly the Meteorite in my bag reacted and Rayquaza swallowed it. I challenged Rayquaza next and I weakened it with my Gallade and Manectric, then I caught it in an Ultra Ball. I swapped my Swampert for Rayquaza next and then Zinnia taught it Dragon Ascent and we battled. I slayed Zinnia's Altaria, Tyrantrum, Goodra and Noivern with Rayquaza and then her Mega Salamence with my Camerupt's Rock Slide attack. After Zinnia's defeat, Rayquaza and I took off into space together.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've mostly been doing Pokedex stuff over the past two days:

-Caught a couple more legendary Pokemon. I went back to the Scorched Slab first and found Heatran there. It was pretty easy to catch after I weakened it, taking only two Dusk Balls. After that, I went soaring and encountered Landorus. This Pokemon was a little more irritating to catch as it broke out of quite a few of my Poke Balls without even shaking once. Fortunately, I captured it eventually.
-Evolved some more Pokemon that I had in my PC. I fully evolved my Vanillite, Venipede, and Togepi. Then, I captured a Trubbish and evolved it too.
-Bred my Chandelure and Manaphy to get Litwick and Phione registered in my dex.

-Traded with my X version to get Moltres, so now I have all the Kanto legends.
-Finally, I did some more trading with X in order to evolve some Pokemon. I got most of the trade evos I was missing, including Scizor, Porygon-Z, and Steelix. There are only two more trade evos I still need to get later.

My Pokedex is at 678 owned right now. I still have to transfer over some evolution lines from Y, so hopefully I'll get around to that soon.

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
It's been a while since I've had time to play Omega Ruby, but I decided to take it to play at school in between classes yesterday.

I started off by Mauville City, and fortunately remembered some berries I had planted by the Berry Master's house. I harvested some Salac, Kee, Maranga, Pomeg, and Qualot berries. I then checked to see if I would get any rare berries from the Ninja Boys in my Rusturf Tunnel base but to no avail. I checked my BuzzNav and realized I had 3 new StreetPass notifications from waking around campus. I updated the Nav and... I got the Eon Ticket!! So I rushed to the Verdanturf center and received it from the Delivery Girl. Now it seems I'll have to go talk to Norman in order to unlock Southern Island again... I'm gonna wait until I get the the Legendary dogs before I do it though.

After that I remembered about the Scanner quest at Sea Mauville, so I went diving for that and returned it to Captain Stern to get the Clear Bell. I've decided to try SR-ing for a shiny Ho-Oh, since I love its color scheme (it makes me think of a massive flame with a cloud of silvery ash-fall behind it.) I've gotten up to around 800 SRs so far, but I'm hoping my luck returns soon, and that hopefully I didn't use it all up with my shiny Cresselia encounter!

Lorde

So Mega Rayquaza and I flew into space and it destroyed the meteor that was heading towards Hoenn. However, out of the meteor's remnants, a black triangle emerged and after it moved erratically, a wild Deoxys appeared out of it. I battled against the Deoxys and I caught it instantly in a Quick Ball. After returning to the Sky Pillar, Aster gave me Zinnia's farewell note and afterwards, I saw a cut-scene that showed Wally, then Steven and Wallace talking, and then May and I at the Mossdeep Space Center. Once Delta Episode was done, I flew to Sea Mauville and caught the Spiritomb there and then I found the Scanner key item and traded it for Captain Stern's Tidal Bell at the Slateport City harbor and saved.

PkMnMaster531

Awesome Trainer
I stopped Team Magma and Primal Groudon from burning the world and got the almighty Eon Flute. I went soaring for a while and found the Pathless Plain and saw a portal, and shortly after Terrakion. I was going to start soft resetting for a shiny but then I realized that I didn't get a shiny Groudon anyway and I don't have the time or willpower to get all of my legendaries shiny anyway. I soared off, found the Nameless Cavern, caught Uzelf (whilst forgetting to restock on Poké Balls, which meant I had but 7 Ultra Balls to catch him. Luckily I used an O-Power beforehand.) I saved and called it a day.

I've been training my shiny Beldum in OR a lot lately, getting it to Lv.76 and fully evolved. It knows Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt/Hammer Arm/Agility, is Adamant-natured, and is holding Metagrossite. I'm not sure yet whether or not I want to teach it Thunder Punch or Ice Punch over Agility--and if so, which punch--or whether or not I want to teach it Earthquake over Hammer Arm, so I've definitely got some big decisions to make.

Edit: I've decided to keep Hammer Arm, but I'm putting off deciding which punch I want to remove Agility for, until after my shiny Mega Metagross reaches Lv.100. It's Lv.89 now, so it won't be too much longer to wait.

Last edited:

Lorde

I flew back to Sea Mauville after gaining the Tidal Bell from Captain Stern. I dove underwater when I arrived and I saw another golden floating ring in the same area where I had found the Scanner. I approached it and I battle a wild Lugia there. It took around ten minutes of chucking Ultra Balls at it, but I finally caught it and next I headed to Fortree City. I visited Aarune and got a Gold Flag and then I wandered to Route 120 and entered the Scorched Slab. I saw Flannery when I got there and then I saw another golden ring in the depths. A Heatran appeared from it and I weakened and paralyzed it with Manectric and caught the wild Heatran in a Dusk Ball. Next I flew to Lilycove and took a ride on the S.S. Tidal ship.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I finished catching the remaining legendaries on my Omega Ruby file. There were three I still had to catch: Palkia, Giratina, and Kyurem. Fortunately, none of them gave me much trouble in battle and I caught them after only a few turns.
I did, however, have quite a hard time just finding Kyurem's location. No matter how hard I looked, I just could not find the Gnarled Den anywhere while soaring. Then I checked my party and realized I'd somehow put Lugia in it instead of Reshiram. >_<

After all that, I transferred over the remaining Pokemon families I needed from my Y version. My Pokedex is now only about 20 Pokemon away from being complete, so I may be able to complete it today if I evolve everything.
Right now, though, I've been trying to get a few more King's Rocks because I'll be using two of them to get Politoed and Slowking later. I have stolen a couple off wild Hariyama in Victory Road, but I want to stock up on a few more. Really hate using the DexNav in caves, though.

Lorde

I arrived at the Battle Resort after traveling on the S.S. Tidal and I met up with Wally again. I then saw Maxie, Courtney and Tabitha from Team Magma on the pier there and Wally and I moved ahead after I got the Cameruptite Mega Stone from Team Magma and we were introduced to the Battle Resort by some random Collector. I roamed around the island next and saw Looker on the beach, then after chatting with him again inside a house, I received the Audinite. I visited the Pokemon Day Care Annex and left two Pokemon there and then I fished in the sea outside and caught a wild Remoraid and I Surfed and caught a Mantyke. I visited the Battle Maison next and I saw Sidney hanging out there and then I saved.

OK, I am now stumped! I got an eevee from wonder trade, bred it with my ditto, hatched the egg, and then put that eevee in the day care to level it up a bit. I come back and I get another egg! Can ditto really reproduce with its own offspring??????

Yep! In-breeding has no negative consequences in Pokémon. Parents can breed with offspring, siblings with siblings, etc., and it's not at all creepy to them, nor does it cause any birth defects or genetic abberations! It's commonly utilized by competitive players who spend hours breeding for the perfect combination of IVs, natures, abilities, and egg moves.

In my own games' news, I got my shiny Metagross in OR to Lv.100 last night, then this morning, I found an Audino island while Soaring. Go figure. :p I then farmed 8 more BP at the Maison to teach my shiny Mega Metagross Ice Punch over Agility, and reached 17 Singles-line wins! I just need two more wins before I get to battle one of the Chatelaines!

In AS, I found Crescent Isle and caught Cresselia! I paralyzed her with Magnezone, then spammed Fly with my Tropius to bring her into the red. It only took me 5 Ultra Balls to complete the capture, but she KO'ed my Tropius, and I almost made the mistake of using my Rough Skin Sharpedo on her, but I switched out before Cresselia could damage herself.

I did it! I defeated Chatelaine Nita! I bought a Flame Orb, deleted my Milotic's Surf to teach it Scald, attached my new Flame Orb to her, and gave my Shiftry Milotic's old Leftovers. I taught my Eelektross from W2 Fire Punch with the remaining 8 BP, taught him Wild Charge via TM, and attached my Shiftry's old Expert Belt to him to complete his moveset.

Last edited:

Flamer

Finished battling the Secret Base trainers on Secret Isle. One of them was a Blissey base, so tried recruiting him as a pal but realised I'd put all my friend mats away. Had to then head back to my own Secret Base, just to the east of Mauville City, and re-decorate a bit to make room for them. Now heading back out to Secret Isle to add the Blissey trainer. Need to work out some other good people to add to.

Also downloaded the special base that gives you the Regice doll and battled the trainer there in Mossdeep.