• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
A couple of days ago now, I finished getting the remaining entries in my Pokedex. I first had to hatch another Slowpoke and then evolve one of my Poliwag into Poliwhirl. Once that was done, I gave each Pokemon a King's Rock and traded them to get Slowking and Politoed, the last two trade evolutions I needed.

After that, I just had to evolve the remaining Pokemon I needed. Most of the remaining Pokemon were level up evolutions, so I just did a bunch of trainer rematches and some Secret Base battles. Then, I just had a few stone evos left. Nidoking ended up being the final Pokemon added to my Pokedex.

With my National Dex finally complete, I went to Littleroot Town to show Prof. Birch. I received the Shiny Charm from him as a reward (and also picked up the Oval Charm too since I forgot to get it earlier). I then returned to Lilycove to get the diploma, which I hung up in my Secret Base.

Haven't done much else recently. Today, I just used my DexNav to steal some Metal Coats from wild Skarmory since I used all the ones I had. Soon, I'd like to start EV training some Pokemon, but I'll have to earn some more BP to buy Power Items first.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After exploring the entire Battle Resort and battling a few trainers on the island, I headed to the beach and used BP to teach Signal Beam to my Manectric and then I withdrew my Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie from my PC and soared via the Eon Flute. I saw a strange distortion in the sky above Dewford Town and I entered it and discovered Dialga there. I weakened it with Manectric's Flamethrower and I paralyzed it with Thunder Wave. I then threw like 15 Dusk Balls and Timer Balls and caught it. I flew to Slateport City and withdrew my Castform and soared again. I saw a thunder cloud in northern Hoenn and encountered a wild Thundurus inside. I caught it easily in an Ultra Ball and set off to Lilycove City next and saved.

PkMnMaster531

Awesome Trainer
So I became Champion. I caught some legendaries, traded legendaries for legendaries (I made a stupid mistake by trading a Cobalion for what I thought was a Manaphy, but it was just a Phione named Manaphy. And no one wants a Phione without the Manaphy.). Then, after visiting Harry Potter World in London, I got the Eon Ticket! I haven't done the event yet, because I'm trying to find a Pokémon with Synchronize and a good nature to catch Latias, even though I haven't gotten into competitive battling (not yet, anyway, I want to complete the Pokédex first), and I probably won't use Latias anyway, but y'know, "What if?".

wisco

Ronin Harrier
Wanting to try something a bit different on this playthru and use some 'mons I normally don't (or haven't in a long while), I bred myself some eggs on Y, and having completed all the early-game tedium of OR, boxed my starter and traded the predetermined lot over. I know there's a chance for a spot of trouble with "obedience" once they each hit level 10, so I'll have to be cautious to distribute the EXP evenly and avoid some of the unnecessary trainers until Roxanne has been taught a lesson.

Playing as a male trainer named AC and preparing to depart Petalburg City, my current line-up is listed below. I will add in the others as our journey progresses.

The Squad:

"Berkley"
Lillipup (M)
Ability: Vital Spirit
Lv. o7 | Relaxed
--- Return
--- Dig
--- Fire Fang
--- Thunder Fang

"Ruckus"
Mankey (M)
Ability: Defiant
Lv. o7 | Adamant
--- Poison Jab
--- Power Up Punch
--- Close Combat
--- Smack Down

Golden_Arcanine

Been working on my Pokedex, I've got over 281 in my National Dex. Right now, my focus on filling up the Hoenn Dex first which currently sits at 152/211. Almost 3/4th of the way through the Hoenn Dex. Been doing a few random WonderTrades and got some starters, but nothing particularly special other than the Shiny Samurott which I'm not sure is legit. Been messing with the GTS to get the Pokes I'm too lazy to train or otherwise not be able to catch.

Last edited:

Lorde

This afternoon I shopped at the Lilycove Department Store and afterwards, I traveled west to Route 121 and I visited the Safari Zone again. I caught a wild Pidgeotto and Kakuna there and then I withdrew Lugia from my PC and soared via my Eon Flute again. I landed at the Trackless Forest and encountered a wild Entei after interacting with the golden hoop there. I paralyzed Entei and caught it in an Ultra Ball, then I soared to Crescent Isle and I battled the wild Cresselia there as well. I caught the Cresselia in a Timer Ball after a while and I visited Fabled Cave to the west and battled and caught Zekrom as well. Afterwards, I flew to Slateport City and I rode on the S.S. Tidal and battled the trainers on board.

mewmew202

I got my first non-automatic shiny since Sapphire! I had a Japanese Cyndaquil I got off the GTS in the daycare so I could trade the new ones for other starters. Imagine my surprise when the first egg hatched and looked off. Being late at night, my first thought was if the color palette had really changed that much since what I remembered when I dropped Cyndaquil off. Then I went to the start menu and the internal screaming began.

After that, I began trying to get a team together for the Hoenn competition. That has been less successful and I ended up sidetracked using dex-nav to see how many times I could encounter Vulpix on one of the mirage islands.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I returned to the Battle Institute in Mauville in order to do some battle tests to earn BP. I had sent over my spare EV trained Kangaskhan and Dragonite from Y a while ago and decided to use them for the Single Battle test. I selected my Gardevoir as my third Pokemon and then started battling. The battles ended up being much easier than last time and I won them all without having any of my Pokemon faint. My score was high enough to get the Master Rank in the end, which I was pretty happy about. I received some Battle Points, too.

After that, I decided to try another test, but with Double Battles this time. I selected the same three Pokemon as before and then chose my Milotic to fill the fourth slot. Once again, I did not have much trouble winning all the battles. I only had my Kangaskhan faint once, but that didn't seem to hurt me that much since I got the Master Rank again.

Once I received more BP, I left and flew back to the Battle Resort. I entered the Battle Maison and purchased a couple of Power Items that I'm planning to use soon. I have a Froakie, Latios, and Latias in my PC that I want to EV train, so I'm hoping to get around to that by the weekend at the latest.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
I was breeding for a 5IV Adamant Thick Fat Tepig with Sucker Punch earlier when one of them hatched Shiny. And it had the 5IVs I needed and Thick Fat! Really happy about that! :)

Nodame

Misty <3
I'm less busy now, so I can finally finish the game without being distracted. I need two badges still. Before I head off to Mossdeep city in order to get the mind badge, I went to my secret base, and placed my new cute plushies. I decorated my base, dealt with team aqua, trained my Pokemon, and now I think I'm ready to beat Liza and Tate. I saved the game. Will continue tomorrow.

Lorde

I defeated all of the trainers of the S.S. Tidal and saw Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four at the deck of the ship, then I arrived in Lilycove City. I got the Altarianite Mega Stone from some Lisia fan outside of the Fan Club next after showing him my Altaria, then I soared again and visited a Mirage Cave that contained Unown. After catching one, I visited some more Mirage Caves and I caught a Cofagrigus and Excadrill. I headed back to Rustboro City and I ran south towards the Petalburg Woods and caught a wild Paras and Cottonee, then I arrived at Route 104's southern area and caught a wild Pidove and Chatot. I battled a Rich Boy for cash, then I wandered to Route 102 and caught a Gothita and saved in Oldale.

alexfirefist6

Wow, just found a shiny oddish while Ev training... Didn't even have a shiny charm 0_o

wisco

Ronin Harrier
Update o2

Despite my best intentions, I was still dangerously close to dreaded disobedience territory when I reached Roxanne's gym in Rustboro City, as each member of my squad had already hit level o9. I felt like I was going to be in for a real nail-biter.

Speaking of my side, along the way, another comrade was added to our merry band as Domino the female Weedle was "caught" in Petalburg Woods...and what a valuable addition she turned out to be, proving her worth with a nice run of Poison Sting poisoning hax which helped to make quick(er) work of the students in Roxanne's gym.

As for the leader herself, despite being at a much lower level, Ruckus hardly broke a sweat, easily sweeping the enemy combatants 2-0 behind a +5 boosted attack stat, thanks to a combination of Defiant-triggering Rock Tomb speed losses and spammed Power Up Punches.

The Squad:

"Berkley"
Lillipup (M)
Lv. 11 | Relaxed
--- Return
--- Bite
--- Fire Fang
--- Thunder Fang

"Ruckus"
Mankey (M)
Lv. 11 | Adamant
--- Poison Jab
--- Power Up Punch
--- Close Combat
--- Smack Down

"Domino"
Weedle (F)
Ability: Shield Dust
Lv. 11 | Lax
--- Poison Sting
--- String Shot

PkMnMaster531

Awesome Trainer
I finished up the Delta Episode, using only 6 Ultra Balls! Then I went into space and caught Deoxys with just 2 Ultra Balls!! Then put them both in the box and started trying to complete my National Pokédex. Yay.

Lorde

I restarted my OmegaRuby version this morning and after Prof. Birch's GBA-style speech, I chose to play as Brendan. The truck arrived in Littleroot Town and I went to my bedroom and messed with the clock. I wandered back downstairs next and my mom told me about a broadcast that showed my dad. I headed out and I walked around Littleroot Town and visited Birch's house, then I ran to Route 101. I saw Prof. Birch and he was being chased by a Poochyena. I took Treecko's Poke Ball from Professor Birch's sack and I defeated Poochyena. I went to Birch's laboratory later and I agreed to help him with the Pokedex stuff. I saved the game before heading north towards Oldale Town in search of May next.

wisco

Ronin Harrier
Episode o3

The adventure continues!

Having defeated Roxanne, the we tracked down the Team Magma thug and reacquired the Devon Goods in the Rusturf Tunnel. Upon returning the stolen items, the company president, Mr. Stone, asked that we do him the favor of tracking down his son in Dewford and delivering a package to Capt. Stern in Slateport, a request we were more than willing to oblige.

However, before setting out on our errand, we added another comrade to our ranks...Corvus, the male Murkrow, who was "caught" in one of Rustboro's dingy back alleys. The little blackbird seemed intelligent and capable and will undoubtedly make a fine addition to our side.

As thanks for rescuing his abducted Wingull, Peeko, Mr. Briney kindly offered us a lift on his private watercraft to both Dewford and Slateport. We headed for the tiny island town first. Upon arriving, we made our way straight to the local gym.

Unsurprisingly, our newest team member was given the opportunity to star against Brawly and his disciples, and shine the tiny crow did, making quick work of the Gym themed gym. The model of efficiency, he one-shotted every single one of his fighting foes, suffered not a scratch, and we were once again quickly on our way.

Exiting the gym, we decided to explore the little island community in our search for Steven and soon wandered our way up north. After a few friendly battles with some of the locals, we happened upon the Granite Cave. Inside, we finally tracked down silver-haired young man and delivered his father's letter. Before leaving the underground cavern, we "captured' a tough and capable-looking wild Onix and Domino learned Bug Bite before evolving into a Kakuna.

Since it was late and everyone was tired from the day's events, we decided to spend the night in the local Pokemon Center and agreed to set out for Slateport the next day.

The Squad:

"Berkley"
Lillipup (M)
Lv. 14 | Relaxed
--- Return
--- Bite
--- Fire Fang
--- Thunder Fang

"Ruckus"
Mankey (M)
Lv. 14 | Adamant
--- Poison Jab
--- Power Up Punch
--- Close Combat
--- Smack Down

"Domino"
Kakuna (F)
Ability: Shed Skin
Lv. 15 | Lax
--- Poison Sting
--- Bug Bite
--- String Shot

"Corvus"
Murkrow (M)
Ability: Super Luck
Lv. 16 | Lax
--- Astonish
--- Thief
--- Aerial Ace
--- Steel Wing

"Rig"
Onix (M)
Ability: Rock Head
Lv. 14 | Lax
--- Stone Edge
--- Earthquake
--- Stealth Rocks

Last edited:

Noctali

Umbreon
I've done a lot since I last posted...
Have 6 badges now. Currently in Slateport after chasing Team Aqua off of Mt.Pyre. Caught a Vulpix there that I might use for my team since I've wanted a fire type for awhile. Don't particularly care about stats, natures or anything since I don't worry about that in game unless the Pokemon ends up being absolutely terrible lol.
So my current team:
Vulpix
Mightyena
Swampert
Manectric
Swellow
Zizagoon (HM slave)

Everyone besides Vulpix and Zizagoon are levels 40-41.

The light on my DS turned red so I'm taking a break for now. I will likely just train my Vulpix up to see if it's a good fit and then proceed with the game's story from there.

Last edited:

Lorde

I sashayed along Route 101 and battled a few Poochyena and Zigzagoon to level up Treecko. I then arrived in Oldale Town and a Poke Mart worker showed me to the Poke Mart and gave me a free Potion. I healed Treecko at the Pokemon Center, then I ran to Route 103. I battled some more wild Pokemon and then I encountered May near a puddle. We battled and Treecko thrashed May's Torchic eventually. May left afterwards and I also ran towards Littleroot Town as well to gossip with Professor Birch there. Once at Prof. Birch's lab, he talked about how I beat May and I received my Pokedex from him and some Poke Balls as well from my sis May. I walked over to Route 101 again and got the DexNav thing next.

HoennMaster

Made insanely good progress on my National Dex today.

Caught: 712
Seen: 715

Just missing Lopunny, Swoobat, Togetic, Blissey, Umbreon, Sylveon, and Vespiquen. Thankfully I only have a male Combee to make things easier. :rolleyes:

Working on a Living Dex as well. Living Dex is at 696/719. It's missing the seven above and mostly Hoenn pokémon so it won't be long before that is completed as well.