• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Golden_Arcanine

Been working on the Hoenn portion of my PokeDex and I'm proud to finally say it's completed. 211/211 in the Hoenn Dex. Beginning to move my Pokes over from White and B2 games over to Omega Ruby. Forgot how many shinies and legendaries were just sitting on those save files. Getting ready to start my Kalos Pokedex. So far, I've acquired 29 out of the 69 Pokemon from that region.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I continued running along Route 119's downpour some more and battled a Pokemon Ranger next. I then trained my team by beating more wild Pokemon in the tall grass and picked up a few items. I rode my Mach Bike up a slope and beat a Bird Keeper and then I finally arrived at the Weather Institute. I spoke to a woman at the counter inside and I battled against a few Team Magma grunts on the first floor. I climbed to the second floor after that and saw Magma Admin Tabitha threatening the researchers. After battling a couple more Team Magma grunts, I battled against Tabitha. I defeated Tabitha's Camerupt with my Linoone's Dig and then once Team Magma had left the building, I got Castform from the staff.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Recently found out that while Vupix Dexnav hunting, Rawst Berry is not a 100% hold item, whether found by DexNav or not, and that Charcoal is roughly a 50% chance item on wild DexNav only Vulpix. As these things are currently not listed on Serebii, thought I'd share for those looking for the Charcoal item. It also seems, contrary to popular belief, that Compoundeyes does NOT affect item rate (based on the three rates of 1%/5%/50% being boosted to 5%/20%/60% respectively, and the percent rate I had after 50 Vulpix was 44% (so rounded up to 50% unless DexNav items have unique percents).

Made a lot of money off of selling the Charcoal which I will be using to fuel expenses buying EV drinks and the Daycare with all the Vulpix with egg moves I'm going to breed. Going to start breeding that and Gloom with Egg Moves for a new Sun team.

Aquarelle

Staff member
This afternoon, I started training the Gastly I hatched recently. First, I rematched a few trainers just to get it infected with the Pokerus. Then, I got into Horde Battles until its EV training was complete. After obtaining the Effort Ribbon, I trained it up until it evolved into Haunter. I then got out my other 3DS and traded Haunter over to my X version in order to evolve it into Gengar.

Once I traded Gengar back, I worked on levelling it up even more. I rematched several more trainers and then stopped by the food court in Mauville for a while. Most of my training, though, was done in my Secret Bases. After many battles, Gengar reached level 100.

Besides that, I did a few other things:
~got the Hidden Ability Emboar downloaded and then picked it up at a Pokemon Center
~planted some more berries in order to add to my berry collection
~visited some new Secret Bases I received through Street Pass iirc

Lorde

I exited the Weather Institute next upon depositing Castform in the PC, then I was finally able to go east past the wooden bridge there. As I arrived at the other side, I met up with May again and she battled me. I beat May's Wailmer with Sceptile's Leaf Blade and then her Shroomish with Pelipper's Fly attack. All that remained was May's Combusken which my Swellow slayed with an Aerial Ace. My BFF May then handed me the Fly HM and once she left, I rode my bike further north and battled a Ninja Boy and picked Pomeg Berries. I finally arrived in Fortree City and I healed my party at the Fortree City Pokemon Center. I climbed a ladder and visited a house next and I got the Hidden Power TM there and I saved.

I've been ploughing through the contests in OR today! I cleared Toughness, Cleverness, and Cuteness using only Cosplay Pikachu. I just need two more Master-rank Cuteness victories for the museum paintings, then I can finish up with the final leg of my journey, Beauty contests. Once I stomp Lisia and Ali into the dirt, I can collect my Lucarionite!

I've been ploughing through the contests in OR today! I cleared Toughness, Cleverness, and Cuteness using only Cosplay Pikachu. I just need two more Master-rank Cuteness victories for the museum paintings, then I can finish up with the final leg of my journey, Beauty contests. Once I stomp Lisia and Ali into the dirt, I can collect my Lucarionite!

Nice man! Congrats on the progress, at least you won't have to do the contests anymore by the time you're done with them! I hated the contests, however I still think they're kinda worth the prize. It took me like 4 hours to beat all the contests on top of collecting all the berries to make poke blocks..

Lorde

I switched to my main Alpha Sapphire version this afternoon and transferred several event Pokemon from Poke Bank including Mew, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie and Victini among others. I got the Diancite Mega Stone from a boy at the Pokemon Center after two guys saw that I had Diancie in my party and then I added Thundurus and Tornadus to my team and soared via the Eon Flute. I soon spotted a dark cloud in the skies above Hoenn and I encountered and caught Landorus there in a Quick Ball. I swapped Pokemon in Sootopolis City's PC next and added Dialga and Palkia to my roster and soared towards Dewford Town. I entered a dimensional rift and caught the wild Giratina in a Timer Ball.

Nice man! Congrats on the progress, at least you won't have to do the contests anymore by the time you're done with them! I hated the contests, however I still think they're kinda worth the prize. It took me like 4 hours to beat all the contests on top of collecting all the berries to make poke blocks.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I appreciate it! Altho I spoke too soon on the stomping Lisia and Ali part, they've stomped me twice already! D: The trick to beating her seems to be to slow down the crowd's excitement so she can't mega evolve, but now I need to figure out how to accomplish that...

I withdrew Lipton (Regice), Registeel and Regirock from the PC, gave Lipton an Icy Rock and surfed to the Island cave on the back of my Ludicolo. Sadly I wasn't expecting to be thrown straight in to battle once Regigigas appeared, so I didn't have Capture Power active :I
After the Quick Ball failed I KO'd it first time with Thunder Punch, I overestimated Regigigas's defence and underestimated my Raichu's attack ^_^
In the second attempt I activated Capture Power lv 3 outside the cave, the battle started with a failed Quick Ball followed by Thunder Wave, then I switched to Sceptile, 3 False Swipes took Regigigas down to 1hp.
It was caught after around 8 Ultra Balls, I got 3 shakes out of a Premier Ball at one point too.

skyradiant

To Each Future
Got the last three Lucky Eggs, so now all six team members are ready for grinding.
Surprisingly, the Crescent Isle appeared today, so I decided to catch Cresselia. My Groudon paralyzed her, my Milotic withered her health down with Ice Beam, and my Sceptile put her health down to one with False Swipe. Even more surprising, Cresselia was caught with literally the first Ultra Ball.
The game plan from here on out is to grind the team with the Lucky Eggs and Exp Share until all six are level 98, use the Rare Candies, and then rematch the E4 with a team in the level 99-100 range. The only game I've been able to get my team into level 100 was W2, and I want to do that again.

Lorde

Back on Omega Ruby, I went to the Fortree City Gym, but an odd invisible object was blocking the way. I climbed another ladder and visited a few more houses as well as the Poke Mart before heading off towards Route 120. I saw Steven leaving Fortree City too, and once I was at Route 120, I battled against Gabby and Ty and a Bird Keeper as well and picked up a Nest Ball nearby. I ran across a bridge and saw Steven on there. I put on his Devon Scope and battled the wild Kecleon that I could now see. After catching Kecleon for my Dex, I got to keep the Devon Scope and Steven also gave me the Sceptilite Mega Stone. Steven left and I returned to Fortree City and healed my darlings after catching a wild Absol.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I bred for a Gligar today. I stuck my Gliscor in the Day Care at the Battle Resort and started by breeding for the Nature I wanted. Soon, I hatched a right-Natured Gligar with its Hidden Ability. I then had to breed for all the perfect IVs I wanted. Fortunately, it didn't take me too long to hatch a HA Gligar with flawless IVs in the five stats I needed.

After that, I fully EV trained that Gligar. Then, I gave it a Razor Fang to hold and levelled it up in order to evolve it. I went to do some trainer battles after that to level up my Gliscor even more. I trained in my Secret Bases as usual and at the Mauville Food Court again. Currently, my Gliscor is at level 60. I will try to train it to lv. 100 tomorrow.

Also, I spent some time on my Alpha Sapphire today. I headed over to Firery Path and looked around until I obtained the Charizardite X. Once that was done, I traded it & several other Mega Stones over to my Y.

I beat Lisia and Ali this morning! Woohoo! It was only by a hair, tho, but it was wide enough a margin to get another painting in the museum. I also got the Lucarionite, and the Star Light secret base item! Ooooooh! Sooooo spinny and glittery! *o*

My attempt at a third painting failed, but at least I got to see the relationship between Wallace and Lisia--Wallace is Lisia's uncle, her mother is Wallace's older sister, and neither she nor Lisia know of either the Cave of Origin or the Litleonid Meteor Shower incidents.

My next attempt at my final museum painting went much more smoothly! It was the type of easy, decisive victory my Cosplay Pikachu and I had grown used to, before Lisia and Ali muscled their way into the picture. Glass Ornament acquired! Contest story arc completed! Next target: Finding the Mirage Spot that contains TM95 Snarl.

Ascended Dialga

I was teamed up with Wally as I took on the Battle Maison in Super Multis. About 25 successful battles in, my shiny Skuntank (holding an Air Balloon) got OHKO'd by a Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam and my Mega Salamence got OHKO'd by a Froslass's hail-enhanced Blizzard. The two opposing trainers then proceeded to wipe out Wally's team with Froslass's Shadow Ball and Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam. After getting this far and then getting defeated so quickly, I was so upset.

Lorde

Next I went back to the Fortree Gym and used the Devon Scope item to identify and remove that ratchet invisible Kecleon. I walked behind the Gym building and located the Grass Knot TM next and next I finally entered the Fortree City Gym. I walked through a revolving door and battled against a Gym trainer. After using my Camerupt to thrash his Flying-types, I walked through more wooden revolving doors and beat a few more Gym trainers. I soon reached Gym Leader Winona's place and challenged her. My Manectric beat Swellow and Pelipper with Discharge and I used Camerupt's Lava Plume against Winona's Skarmory. Winona's Altaria was all that was left and I used my Gardevoir's Dazzling Gleam to beat it.

I flew to Fallarbor Town to visit the Move Reminder, then I taught my Gardevoir Hypnosis in place of Rest. While I was there I visited the pokemart and stocked up on a bunch of items with Bargain Power lv 3 active, including 60 Ultra Balls (10 at a time for the free Premier Balls), some Hyper Potions, Full Heals and Full Restores. Then I flew to Petalburg City, talked to Norman and took the ferry to Southern Island to finally catch Latios (I've had the Eon Ticket since the week the game came out).
I gave Gardevoir a Wide Lens to increase her accuracy, gave Sceptile the Sceptilite, moved Sceptile to the front of the party, activated Capture Power lv 3 and began the battle. As usual I started with a Quick Ball, but it failed. I followed it up with Mega Sceptile's False Swipe, then an Ultra Ball. Next turn I switched to Gardevoir and used Hypnosis. Latios woke up twice but the Wide Lens did a great job of ensuring Gardevoir could easily put it back to sleep. I caught Latios with the 8th Ultra Ball.
Afterwards I returned to Petalburg, healed my pokemon, accessed the PC and moved Latios into one of my designated legendary pokemon boxes.
Then I sat down on one of the seats on the left side of the Pokemon Center and saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I played with my Gliscor in Pokemon Amie for a while. I wanted to boost its affection until it had enough hearts to get boosted experience in battle. So, I just played the games a lot and stuffed its face with the puffs.
After that, I continued levelling Gliscor up. I rematched some more people around Hoenn and then killed some Blissey in Secret Bases. Gliscor eventually reached level 100.

With that done, I returned to the Battle Resort to breed for my next Pokemon. There's this Shroomish I got off Wonder Trade a while ago, and it has some good IVs and egg moves so I figured I'd use it to breed for my own Shroomish. I deposited it at the Day Care and filled my party up with eggs.

Soon, the eggs started hatching...and my first Shroomish was shiny! :eek:
I've hatched thousands of eggs over the years but this is the first time I've hatched a shiny Pokemon. Pretty awesome~
I went to the IV checker guy and found out it had perfect IVs in every stat except Speed. Later, an IV calculator said its Speed IV was only in the 9-12 range. ;_;

I swapped the Shroomish in the Day Care for the shiny one and got more eggs. One of them hatched into a Shroomish with flawless stats across the board, so I'll definitely raise that one. Might even train the shiny one too just for fun.

Lorde

So after I beat Gym Leader Winona and won the Feather Badge and Roost TM from her at the Fortree City Gym, I headed outside. I healed my darlings again at the local Pokemon Center next and then I ran back towards Route 120 and walked through rain puddles as I wandered south. I battled a Ninja Boy and Parasol Lady nearby as well and I picked several Wepear, Aspear and Pinap Berries close by as well. I beat a female Ace Trainer and her Milotic next with my Sceptile and then I walked through a short maze of thick grass and battled a Bug Maniac there. I battled more Pokemon and picked up a Light Ball after passing a lake. I battled and beat a Street Thug next and also a Ruin Maniac by the Ancient Tomb cave.