1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Endless, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I continued roaming through Victory Road after slaying a male Ace Trainer. I also battled against many wild Pokemon for experience points as I made my way through the tedious cavern. I crossed a wooden bridge next and I defeated some female Ace Trainer's Froslass with my Manectric. I next went up another staircase and walked around in the dark in the second cave of Victory Road and pushed boulders with Strength. I beat an Expert and her Fighting-types with my Swellow afterwards and battled another Ace Trainer when I climbed up more stairs. As I arrived at a pond, I spotted Ace Trainers and battled against their Cradily and Armaldo. Afterwards, I caught a wild Lairon and Loudred and saved my game.

2. Paladin of Arceus

Paladin of Arceus Grey Warden

So I've been training a Pixilate Sylveon in AS recently. I caught and evolved it yesterday, and I meant to fight the Battle Resort trainers to level him up last night, but I went to bed instead. I did earn the 12 BP necessary to teach him Hyper Voice, tho, and my Mega Altaria dominated all but the last battle, where my Swampert had to clean up after he fell. I officially started training my HA Sylveon this morning, by roaming around battling AreaNav trainers for EXP. He's already Lv.97, so he's almost done gaining levels! I even won a PP Max and enough PP Ups to max his Hyper Voice and Psyshock PP from trainers (well, I Dowsed for one of the PP Ups in the Rte. 111 desert, if you wanna get technical) altho I still need another PP Max (or 3 PP Ups, I'm not picky) for my Swampert's Rock Slide. My 3DS is recharging right now, I'll finish grinding when it's done.

3. skyradiant

skyradiant To Each Future

I rematched the Elite Four today, which was pretty easy, but I can't complain since my team was so overleveled.
    First up was Sidney, my Gardevoir Mega Evolved and set up Calm Mind on his Scrafty, easily tanking a Posion Jab, and swept his entire team with Moonblast.
    Next was Phoebe, and my Sceptile Mega Evolved and swept her entire team with Dragon Pulse. Except for Chandelure and Sableye, which were taken out by Earthquake and Leaf Storm respectively.
    After that was Glacia. My Groudon set up Rock Polish, eating a Blizzard from her Abomasnow, and then proceeded to sweep her entire team with Fire Punch. The only exception being Walrein, which was crushed by Precipice Blades (Funny thing is, Precipice Blades missed the first turn, and Glacia's Walrein used Surf... which did no damage whatsoever thanks to Desolate Land).
    Drake was the same as Sidney. Gardevoir Mega Evolved and used Calm Mind, with his Altaria's Aerial Ace barely doing any damage, and then slayed all of his dragons with Moonblast (or Psyshock in Dragalge's case).
    With the Elite Four beaten, it was time to face Steven again. After Sturdy shenanigans, Groudon roasted his Skarmory with Fire Punch. Flygon used Earthquake on his Aggron, which survived thanks to Sturdy, and used Dragon Claw, only to be finished off by Flygon's own Dragon Claw. Aerodactyl used Thunder Fang on Milotic, causing paralysis, but she washed it away with Surf anyway, and even scored a crit and recovered thanks to max affection. Sceptile Mega Evolved and annihilated his Carbinik with Leaf Storm, and Milotic beat his Claydol with Surf. It was then down to Metagross versus Groudon, the former Mega Evolved only to be OHKO'ed by Precipice Blades.
    Steven then gave a Metagrossite as a reward, which was superfluous thanks to the Shiny Beldum event, and the team was registered again. Also, I kind of wish the Delta Episode was included in the rematch credits.

4. Nibbles4Ever

Nibbles4Ever 1 more day ^^

I finally found and caught a cacnea. After that I beat those 2 ace trainers on route 111 a couple of times. I love how you can just keep battling the trainers over and over again. So much easier to train that way especially when you have like 25 pokemon like I do XD
    New team member
    Cacnea lv 21

5. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

Today, I transferred over a Thundurus from my Y. I used Thundurus on some of my 50 win streaks at the Battle Maison on Y, so I thought it would be helpful on OR too. I replaced my Gliscor with the Thundurus and started a new Super Triples streak.

Thundurus was a pretty good addition to my team IMO, as it really helped me pass my previous win streaks. I had one tough battle, #48 or so, where I got down to just my Scizor. But luckily for me, Scizor had a Swords Dance boost under its belt, so it had enough Attack power to finish the opposing side off. Other than that, I didn't have too much trouble with any of the first 49 battles, though I did make a few stupid moves that could have been costly (like switching Greninja into Close Combats...somehow kept getting Dark and Ghost mixed up).

Then, I reached battle 50 and had to fight Chatelaine Dana. This battle was a little tough, but I managed to pull through and win with Chansey and Scizor left. Now, I only need to earn the trophy for Super Multis. I'm probably going to try that challenge with one of the AI partners soon.

6. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I ran with tears of frustration in my eyes through Victory Road's maze of a cave, then I found the Psychic TM outside. I Surfed back into Victory Road afterwards and I battled several wild Pokemon and caught a Medicham, then I fought an Expert and beat his Sawk with my Swellow. Afterwards I wandered around and pushed more boulders and battled against an Ace Trainer who was from the Winstrate Family. I thrashed his Electrode, Darmanitan and Swalot with my Manectric and Gardevoir and then I battled one last trainer before seeing Wally by some flowers. I fought him and I beat his Roselia and Delcatty with Camerupt, his Magneton and his Altaria with Manectric, and his Mega Gallade with Swellow and saved.

7. skyradiant

skyradiant To Each Future

I picked up Turtwig from Birch, and then reached max affection with my Flygon, so now all six team members have max affection in Pokémon-Aime.
    Later, I went after Deoxys. First attempt, my Gardevoir accidently knocked it out, so I had to reset and try again. Second attempt, Gardevoir paralyzed it with Thunder Wave, weakened it with Psyshock, and then my Sceptile brought its health into the sliver with False Swipe. Three Ultra Balls later, Deoxys was caught.
    On that note, I am taking a long break from Pokémon, only playing to get events unless a new game is announced this year. I've done pretty much everything in Omega Ruby except catch Cobalion, Virizion, and the legendary beasts.

8. Aquarelle

Last night, I decided to give Super Multis a try just for fun. Wasn't expecting to get too far with one of the AI partners because the AI does stupid things to screw me over too often. But anyway, I chose Steven as my partner with his Aerodactyl and Metagross. I used my Kangaskhan & Gengar.

Steven actually ended up being a very good partner. His Pokemon were very helpful and I don't think he made any stupid moves. We soon made it to 40 wins, then had to face some pretty tough teams with legendaries and other strong Pokemon. Then, we reached the Chatelaine fight at 50! I was not expecting to get that far at all. We went up against Nita and Morgan, who were the two I was hoping *not* to get tbh...but then Steven and I defeated them without too much trouble.

So now, I've earned all the Battle Maison trophies on my Omega Ruby! So glad I got that done, and so soon too. =)

9. Lorde

Lorde Banned

After I slayed Wally at the flower area of Victory Road's cavern, I obtained a Dawn Stone from him and headed to the Pokemon League building next. I healed my darlings once inside at the Pokemon Center area and then I walked back outside and used my Eon Flute and soared through the skies. I encountered and caught a wild Swablu, Murkrow and Drifloon and then I landed on a Mirage Forest place and caught a wild Purugly and Petilil there. I soared again afterwards and I landed at the Pathless Plain south of Pacifidlog Town. I walked towards that strange floating ring in the air and I encountered a wild Terrakion inside. I put the Terrakion to sleep with Gardevoir's Hypnosis and caught it in a Dusk Ball and saved.

10. Nibbles4Ever

I finished getting my 5th gym team to lv 29. I also retaught fire fang to manectric. After that I beat Norman very easily with just breloom, zangoose, and gyarados. Now l'm going to catch a corphish.

11. Paladin of Arceus

I finished training my Sylveon yesterday, and today I opened the Regi's chambers. I fished up a Wailmer on Rte. 110, levelled it up until it evolved (you can't find wild Wailord in ORAS, what a bummer), and after Diving on Rte. 134 to open all the tombs, I opened up the three tombs' inner chambers while watching various Let's Play videos on Youtube.

12. JustJeff

JustJeff Through the Skys

I maxed out an O-power to LvL 3, got a PP Max from the Lotto, and Wonder Traded a bit.
    It was a nice Day~

13. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I left the Pathless Plain, helped Wattson with New Mauville, and went back to the Pokemon League building at Ever Grande City. I bought a few Full Restores and Hyper Potions at the store and then I went to battle against the Hoenn Elite Four. I entered Elite Four Sidney's chamber after passing a bridge and once there we battled each other. I battled Sidney's Mightyena with my Gardevoir and beat it with Dazzling Gleam, then I defeated his Sharpedo with my Sceptile's Leaf Blade. I then beat Sidney's Shiftry with Camerupt's Eruption and also defeated his Absol with Gardevoir's Dazzling Gleam attack. All that remained was Sidney's Cacturne, which my Swellow defeated with Fly quickly. I then saved my game next.

14. Aquarelle

Left the Battle Maison to go do some other stuff. I flew over to Slateport in order to do some Pokemon Contests since I only did one during the main story. First, I made quite a few PokeBlocks using some of the berries I grew a while ago. Then, I fed the PokeBlocks I made to several of my Pokemon and then started entering Contests.

I entered the Super Rank Toughness Contest first, using my Swampert. It did pretty well in both rounds and won quite easily. After that, I worked on winning the other Contest categories at the Normal Rank. My Illumise competed in the Coolness and Beauty categories and won both of them. For Cleverness, I used my Gengar, who did the best out of all my Pokemon today. I saved the Cuteness Contest for Gliscor since it knew two Cute moves, more than any of my other Pokemon. I was a little worried about using Gliscor since none of its moves are worth a lot of points, but fortunately it maxed out the audience's excitement meter and got a lot of extra points.

After I was done winning all those Contests, I did a few other things. I went through the Elite Four again with my main team just to earn some more money. Then, I used Wonder Trade to get rid of a few Chansey and Scyther I had left over from breeding. I received a Chinchou holding a Deep Sea Scale, which was pretty nice, and also several Pelipper. Now, I am growing some more berries so that I can make more PokeBlocks for Contests in the future.

15. Ascended Dialga

Ascended Dialga Nothing special

-I bred a modest Pidgey with 31 IVs in HP and SpAttack, trained it into a Pidgeot, and gave it its Mega Stone. It's current moveset is Hyper Beam, Hurricane, Heat Wave and Whirlwind. I also found out the hard way that Whirlwind has negative priority, so now I'm trying to find a good move to replace it.

-I soared to the Miragle Island north of Mossdeep City and hunted for Porygon with the DexNav, KOing them with Pidgeot, and in doing so EV training for SpAttack. I caught a Porygon with Analytic (its Hidden Ability) and 31 IVs in SpAttack, SpDefense, and Speed. I then soared to the Battle Resort and bought an Up-Grade and a Dubious Disc.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  16. Paladin of Arceus

I poked around in my bag's TM pouch in AS, and as it turns out, I'm missing a lot more TMs than simply Substitute. What prompted the search was my finding a yellow item ball on today's Mirage Island, which contained TM66 Payback. I don't remember exactly what TMs I'm missing without looking, but it's an awful lot.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  17. Navarch

Navarch Well-Known Member

I managed to catch a Modest Ralts with Synchronize, and then a Lotad with Giga Drain showed up, and caught him. He also had a Modest nature because of my Ralts, so I decided to train him up too. I EVed him in Special Attack and HP, with the rest going into Special Defense. I still have to EV train the Ralts. I'm thinking 252 in Special Attack, and then 252 in either HP or Speed...any advice? She has two perfect IVs, one is in Special Defense, the other, I'm not sure.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  18. Lorde

Lorde Banned

After proving myself superior to Sidney, I ran across another bridge to Elite Four Phoebe's room and battled her there. I beat Phoebe's first Banette with my Sceptile's Leaf Blade and Phoebe's Sableye with Gardevoir's Dazzling Gleam. I used my Camerupt against Phoebe's second Banette and Dusclops and beat them both with Eruption and finally I beat Phoebe's Dusknoir with Manectric. I ran to Glacia's chamber next and battled her there. I used my Camerupt's Eruption to beat Glacia's first Glalie and first Froslass, then I battled her second Froslass and beat it with my Pelipper and her Walrein with Manectric's Discharge. All that remained was Glacia's second Glalie, which my Camerupt's Flash Cannon defeated next.

19. Nibbles4Ever

I caught my corohish. I had to release the first one because it had a modest nature. The second has a jolly nature which is slightly better. After that I battled a whole bunch of trainers on my way to the weather institute. Next I beat everyone there and made my way to Fortree. Next I will be catching a tropius.

20. Aquarelle

I harvested the berries I planted and made a ton of Pokeblocks with them. Then, I fed most of my Pokeblocks to my Gengar. I was able to max out its Tough, Clever, and Cute stats. I then flew back to Slateport City and went over to the fan club, where I received the Green, Pink, and Yellow Scarves.

After that, I returned to Verdanturf Town and went into the Contest Hall there. I entered Gengar into the Super Rank Cleverness Contest and won easily. Then, I decided to do the Hyper Rank level Contest at the hall in Fallarbor Town. That was also pretty easy to win as I maxed out the audience's excitement and Mega Evolved Gengar.

Next, I went to Lilycove for the Master Rank since that was the one hall I hadn't competed at yet. Gengar did well in the first round but then struggled in the talent portion. I lost two turns due to other Pokemon making Gengar nervous, which was pretty ridiculous. I was certain that I was going to lose for sure, but then the results showed that Gengar somehow won by a landslide in *both* segments. So yeah, I won my first Master Rank Contest and got my first painting in the Lilycove museum.