• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

So it turns out, the majority of the TMs I was missing in AS were gifts from NPCs, not daily Mirage Spot TMs. Specifically, I was missing Frustration, Swagger, Infestation, and Sky Drop. I'm still missing Substitute, but that is now the only TM I'm missing in AS, and it's on a Mirage Island (I was mistaken before, I thought it was a Mountain) south of Pacifidlog (I thought it was south of Rte. 107, but that's where the Unown cave is.)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After thrashing Glacia at the League, I walked along another bridge towards Drake's room and after talking to him in there, our battle began. I used my Gardevoir's Dazzling Gleam against Drake's Altaria and beat it, then I switched to Pelipper afterwards and battled Drake's first Flygon. Ice Beam was enough to defeat the Flygon and then I battled against Drake's second Flygon with Gardevoir. I switched to my Sceptile afterwards to defeat Drake's Kingdra with Leaf Blade and after that, I used my Gardevoir and Swellow against Drake's Salamence and I eventually beat Elite Four Drake and healed my injured Pokemon with some Full Restores and then saved my game before moving on to Champion Steven's room.

Golden_Arcanine

Recently, I've been working on my Living Pokedex but I decided to take a break to do some MMing a Shiny Zorua. After a batch of 30, I decided to WT the breeding rejects out and to my surprise I got a shiny Ditto and shiny Galvantula. The Galvantula was clearly a hack, so I released him. I put up one of my shinies on the GTS for a Diancie, and I got what appears to be a legit UT Diancie. I'll probably breed another batch tonight, and see what WT has for me again.

Lorde

After Drake flopped, I went to Champion Steven's room at long last. We finally battled each other there and Steven sent out Skarmory against me and I beat it with two of my Camerupt's Eruption attacks. I then battled against Steven's Aggron and I attacked it with Pelipper's Surf. Aggron survived and a second Surf finally beat it and I used my Sceptile next against Steven's Claydol and his Armaldo afterwards and beat them with Leaf Blade after Mega Evolving Sceptile. I then thrashed Steven's Cradily with Pelipper's Surf attacks and I battled Steven's Mega Metagross with my Camerupt and I won the match with an Eruption attack. Then Professor Birch and May showed up afterwards and I entered the Hall of Fame.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I worked on raising another Pokemon for Contests and maybe battling too. I really wanted to use a Roserade, so I started breeding for one. Took a little longer than expected to hatch a Roselia with all the perfect IVs I wanted, but I eventually did and EV trained it. I then evolved it into Roserade and taught it some moves.

After that, I made some more Pokeblocks and used them to max out several of Roserade's Contest stats. I returned to Slateport and obtained the Red and Blue Scarves at the fan club. Then, I went into the Contest Hall and started entering Roserade into Beauty Contests. It won the Super Rank one very easily. Hyper Rank was much harder as I lost my combo (was going for Rain Dance + Weather Ball) due to getting trolled with nervousness. Lost the entire contest because of that turn. :rolleyes:

Re-entered the Contest and absolutely destroyed the competition by filling up the excitement meter thing twice. Then, I entered the Master Rank and won that easily. Now that Roserade's won the Master Rank, I'll focus on levelling it up some more next time.

I finally managed to make my Y-to-AS Bank transfers today, as well as downloading the HA Unova starters on AS. Sadly, my battery started to deplete before I could download anything else, and man, I really wanted Pokémon Shuffle, Flipnote Studio 3D, and the HA Unova starters on OR, but I couldn't get it done. I'll get you next time, Gadget! Neeeext tiiiiime! Dx *shakes fist*

After getting home and starting the battery recharge process, I righted my boxes on AS, acquired more Mega Evolution data in my Pokédex, (Charizard X/Y, Mewtwo X/Y, Latios, Groudon, and Heracross) and then started breeding for a Timid Contrary Snivy. My Ditto provided the nature, my event Serperior provided the ability, and after three eggs, I had one that was not perfect, but viable for my needs. I'll train it some other time, because it's late and I need to wake up early tomorrow.

Lorde

After Champion Steven registered me in the Hall of Fame, the credits were shown and I saw that small cut-scene showing May and I while we rode to Littleroot Town. May and I then stopped at Route 103 by the puddle and May wanted to battle me. I beat her Swellow with my Manectric's Thunderbolt and next I battled against May's Breloom and beat that with my Swellow's Fly. I defeated May's Raichu with my Camerupt's Earthquake attack too and I beat May's Wailord with my Sceptile's Leaf Blade. All that remained was May's Mega Blaziken, which Pelipper thrashed with Surf. After our battle, May and I walked along and we arrived in Littleroot Town. I then saw another cut-scene featuring my mom and Norman.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I finished training my Roserade. I went through the Elite Four one more time and then battled in Secret Bases until Roserade reached level 100. After that, I made a ton more Pokeblocks and fed some to my Swampert. I then headed for the Contest Hall in Slateport and entered Swampert into the Hyper Rank Toughness Contest. It did very well in both rounds and won handily. Right after that, I did the Master Rank competition. Swampert did not do so well in the talent portion, but it still won due to its huge lead from the introduction round.

When that was done, I decided to try to win the Cuteness Master Rank Contest with my Chansey. I improved its condition with Pokeblocks, then flew to Fallarbor Town to teach it Egg Bomb for the Contests. I then went over to the nearby hall and won the Super & Hyper Cuteness Contests to unlock the Master Rank. Entered the Master Rank and won it as well.

So now, I still need to finish winning the Coolness Contests. I'll have to raise a Pokemon for that tomorrow.

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
Finally finished by MONO HOENN pokemon team as I always wanted! :) My pals are sceptile, blaziken, milotic, metagross, dusclops and of course my great friend Mega Salamence hehe :D All level 100 and ready for some battles!

Lorde

Upon completing OR's main storyline, I was shown another cut-scene showing the Mossdeep City Space Center and an asteroid that was going to strike Hoenn. Afterwards, I saw another cut-scene about Zinnia and her pet Whismur at the Sky Pillar and Zinnia was planning her move. Then in my house Littleroot Town, I walked downstairs and saw my dad Norman. I then obtained a Pair of Tickets from him and after he left, my mother and I saw a T.V. broadcast about a meteor shower. I then met Zinnia outside and then I visited Professor Birch's house too and learned that May had been attacked. I flew to Petalburg City afterwards and saw Courtney trying to steal Wally's Key Stone at his home. I beat her.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
I Wonder Traded two box-fulls of IV bred extras and despite getting a lot of junk I also managed to get some sweet prizes: a Shiny Kyogre and a Shiny Sylveon! Wednesday seems to be a good day for shiny hunting since TheKingNappy streams his WTW event where participants just hand out shinies left and right. More for me I guess.

Despite how ill-advised this is I'm also Masuda Method'ing my first Pokemon in ORAS, this time without access to the Shiny Charm like I had in XY. I'm going for a Modest Bellsprout with Egg Moves Encore, Weather Ball, Synthesis, and Giga Drain. Knowing my luck it will take over 1000 eggs like it did with my Mawile in XY and probably wont have perfect IVs because of RNG Tauros-crap, but we'll see. If I'm lucky I'll find more shinies when I EV Horde train.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Went Legendary hunting thanks to some Pokebanking in of Tornadus/Thundurus/Zekrom/Reshiram from my X and Y collection. So now I have my own Landorus in OR and I have yet to load up Y to import Reshiram and Thundurus for AS. Took me a while to find the Gnarled Den to get Kyurem, I nearly missed it. The shiny star thing blends in with the mountain's colours so I missed it a few times.

Lorde

After I stopped Courtney from taking Wally's Key Stone in Petalburg City, I got a call from my lover Steven and he told me to come to the Devon Corporation building in Rustboro City next. I met Steven there and I heard an old tale from Mr. Stone about a war in a distant region and about Infinity Energy or something. I was then told about the asteroid that was coming and that the Space Center staff needed a Meteorite Shard. I flew to Dewford Town afterwards and I visited Granite Cave. I met Zinnia and Aster at the cave with the Groudon painting and I battled Zinnia. I beat Zinnia's Tyrantrum with Camerupt's Earthquake, Altaria with my Camerupt's Rock Slide and her Salamence with my Pelipper's Ice Beam attack.

I've been training my Contrary Snivy a lot today, getting him almost to Lv.80 after teaching him Dragon Pulse at the Battle Resort. I failed to defeat Nita in regular Singles, her Grumpig was srsly OP. It outran and got the finish on M-Altaria, outran and OHKO'd my Swampert, and overwhelmed my Ludicolo's Big Root-boosted Giga Drain/Leech Seed recovery. I think I need to try training a Grumpig, I never realized how good it was.

Training Serperior got a whole lot easier after he FINALLY learned Leaf Storm. With Contrary, it actually BOOSTS his Sp.Atk by TWO STAGES with every attack, until it caps! That's nuts, but I still need a fourth move. While searching Joe's site for a more complete moveset, and after grinding and spending 12 BP on Dragon Pulse, I learned that he can't get anything good except Glare--an egg move. I taught him HP[Steel] instead.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I bred for a Mareep because I thought Ampharos would make a good Contest Pokemon. I hatched some eggs and got the perfect Mareep really quickly. I then EV trained it and levelled it up until it was fully evolved.

Once that was done, I made more Pokeblocks. I gave them to Ampharos and also to my Dragonite. I decided to enter Dragonite into Contests first and had it win the Coolness competitions for the Super, Hyper, and Master Ranks. After winning the Master Rank one, Lisia told me that she was going to compete against me next time. So, I re-did the Master Rank Coolness Contest again using Ampharos. In the first round, I did very well and even beat Lisia. In the second round, I mainly relied on Agility + Electro Ball to gain points. During one turn, I managed to fill my heart meter completely using that combo and maxing out the audience's excitement.

My Ampharos crushed Lisia and the other competitors to win the Contest. For beating Lisia, I finally received the Lucarionite. I then did some trainer battles until my Ampharos reached level 100.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished getting everyone to lv 32 and my 6th gym team to lv 34. I stopped training spinda because it was pretty weak. After that I beat Winonavery easily with just golem and manectric. Finally I got the mawhile and manectric mega stones and am now on my way to Lilycove city.

Lorde

So after I defeated that Zinnia trainer and her Dragon-types inside of Granite Cave's Groudon painting chamber, she gave me the Meteorite Shard item that Steven and the Space Center needed. I headed out of the cave afterwards and met up with Steven again and after chatting, we had to find another Meteorite Shard at Meteor Falls. I rode my bike through Route 114 next and caught a wild Tympole and Skorupi that appeared around there and I also checked out some Super-Secret Bases nearby and got flags. I then entered Meteor Falls itself and as I wandered around after climbing a waterfall and catching a wild Druddigon, I soon encountered my BFF Steven again and we gossiped with Zinnia's grandmother.

This game was sooooo amazing. I love when they remake a game and do it right. I've beat the elite four a couple times and now I am working on my signature team. Hitmonlee, Umbreon, Mega Banette, Electivire (my signature Pokemon), Virizion, and Noivern.

I know that fell :D I use Pokeballs on all my Pokemon except Deoxys (Because he was my first Deoxys) I used the Master ball. My official signature team I use Luxury Balls.

kjthek1ng

Though it says "no questions" I am going to take a risk, as it seems more like a "recent happening" and not a help question. Is there any indication, on when the EON ticket is avaliable today?