• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Steven left Meteor Falls after talking to Zinnia's grandmother there and afterwards, I explored some more of the cavern and looked for some Pokemon using the DexNav and found and caught a wild Clefairy and Deino soon in the main cavern, and I also captured a wild Bagon inside a smaller cavern and then I wandered back out. I used my Eon Flute at Route 114 and soared until I reached another Mirage Cave. I caught a wild Excadrill inside of there and then I soared towards Pacifidlog Town. I explored the sea routes to the east and I encountered a wild Frillish, Finneon, and Alomomola and then I dove underwater and battled more Pokemon and saved my game there after beating Scuba Divers and Free Divers.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
I did it! I finally bred a perfect IV shiny Pokemon! After 285 eggs I got a shiny Bellsprout with all IVs except for attack. I'll probably Wonder Trade the other 284 over the next few days, but before any of that happens I'm going to get me a Latios through the Eon Ticket.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Yesterday I got around to getting the HA Unova starters, as well as the Johto pokebank ones, and today I got the Eon Ticket. Finally! I think after Regice, I'm going to hunt Latias.

Lorde

After exploring the underwater areas of Route 129 and Route 130 and locating hidden Plate items in the seafloor, I resurfaced again, used my Eon Flute, and soared towards a Mirage Island and caught a wild Munna and Ditto there. I then soared to another Mirage Island afterwards, then to Crescent Isle and I caught Cresselia on there. I decorated my Secret Base at the Secret Shore afterwards and I got a Thunder Stone from one of my Secret Pals. I soared towards Mossdeep City next and saw Team Magma grunts at the Space Center. After battling five female Team Magma grunts on the first floor and chatting with Magma Admin Courtney as well, Zinnia showed up and destroyed the Meteorite Shards that I had found.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Got Landorus and Kyurem in AS now, that just leaves me to find the other two Muskateers and the Lake Duo I don't have...

Huntress Wizard

mmm whatcha say
Restarted game is a go!

Booted up the game, named my girl character December, and hopped out of the moving truck. That ride has got to be hard on the tailbone. Spoke to my mother, set the time, nearly caught my dad on television, yadda yadda yadda. I picked Mudkip and beat up that Poochyena easily (Prof. Birch is such a wimp), then followed the professor back to the lab, where I nicknamed my little meme Cap (short for Captain America: I'm thinking a Marvel theme for this team) and headed out to find Brendan. Before venturing into the tall grass, however, I saved my progress. Just in case.

Halkel

Experimentalist
A funny but minor glitch happened to me. By minor, I mean Cosmetic. I had it happen 3 times, but this is one of 2 cosmetic glitches that can happen when you use Illusion on a Pokemon that has yet to Mega Evolve, then Mega Evolve it. This one, the Zoroark takes form of Lopunny but the Icon shows Mega Lopunny. The other involves letting Zoroark faint after the pokemon's Mega as the Mega Icon will appear by its level like it Mega Evolved. This happened twice and both times no camera.
db156c98-6a64-4136-a2b2-6adb5d2189ff_zpsthu8ngb1.jpg

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got to Lilycove city. After that I beat Brandon who wasn't to difficult. I then went back to Petalburg and surfed to Dewford battling all of the swimmers. I also decided to stop training swalot. Finally I beat everyone surfing to Slateport.

Lorde

Zinnia stole Magma Admin Courtney's Key Stone after crushing the Meteorite Shards at Mossdeep's Space Center, then I had to follow after her to Team Magma's Hideout. I arrived after swapping Pokemon and stepped on warp panels at the hideout and I also battled against several Team Magma grunts. I eventually arrived at Maxie's office and saw Zinnia there. After she spoke to me, Zinnia left and I got the Cameruptite Mega Stone from Maxie next. Afterwards Steven called me and asked me to go back to the Mossdeep Space Center. When I got there, Steven gossiped about Wallace and the Cave of Origin and the Sky Pillar. I flew to Sootopolis City next and after seeing Wallace, he headed to the Sky Pillar.

I finished training my Contrary Serperior two days ago, getting him to Lv.100 from battling Secret Base trainers and spamming Trainer's Eyes rematches, and maxing his Leaf Storm PP thanks to a PP Max that I won off the Brains & Brawn duo on Rte. 119.

I still haven't found the final Mirage Spots I've been looking for in either of my games, but I did expand both of my Pokédexes by a handful of captures this morning.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Soft-reset 3 times tonight for right IVs of Latios and got 31/6/30/30/28/30 Timid Nature, which I'm happy with. Then entered the code for Eon Ticket. Still at Mauville City when I turned off Omega Ruby.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've done a couple more Master Rank Contests. First, I entered my Latios into the Cleverness category and won, defeating Lisia again. Then, I decided to enter the Beauty Contest using my Camerupt. I went up against both Lisia and Wallace in that one, and defeated both of them to place first. After that Contest was over, I talked to Lisia & Wallace in the green room, which was pretty cool and something I'd really been looking forward to.

Once I was done with all that, I returned to the Battle Maison to continue some of my streaks. Lost my Super Single, Double, and Multi streaks after 50-70 something wins. I went back to Super Rotation battles after all those losses and had a few difficult battles. The hardest battle was probably this one that came down to my burned Scizor vs a Veteran's Moltres. Scizor managed to win that one thanks to its Swords Dance boosts and Moltres's stat drops from Overheat spamming earlier on!

I took a break from Super Rotations at 102 wins iirc. I picked up the Lansat Berry for my 100 win streak.

Huntress Wizard

mmm whatcha say
I soundly trounced Brendan and his Treeko, and then headed back to the lab to get the Pokedex and some Pokeballs. Then I headed back out to start the journey to Petalburg and eventually Rustburo. I'm gonna try and DexNav a Shroomish and maybe a Ralts before Roxanne.

Lorde

So I went to the Sky Pillar next and chatted with Wallace. We then battled each other and he used his Wailord and I used my Sceptile's Leaf Blade against it. I beat Wallace's Whiscash with Leaf Blade too and his Tentacruel with Gardevoir's Psychic, then I defeated Wallace's Milotic and Gyarados with Manectric's Discharge attacks. I then beat his Ludicolo with Swellow's Aerial Ace and Wallace undid the seal at the Sky Pillar. Upon arrival at the Sky Pillar tower, I saw Zinnia again and as I followed after her she told me the story of Rayquaza's role in stopping a past asteroid. I encountered several wild Pokemon and caught a wild Claydol for my collection before reaching the summit and meeting Zinnia up there.

Huntress Wizard

mmm whatcha say
After way too much running around with the DexNav, I finally succeeded in finding a female Ralts with Synchronize. She's got a crap nature but that's okay, seeing as how I don't competitively battle or breed. I named her Phoenix. Once I got her level on par with Cap, I headed through Petalburg and on to Rustboro, defeating a mysterious man dressed like a pirate and catching a Shroomish named Lady Sif along the way. Once in Rustboro, I had to chase after another pirate and get back Peeko and the Devon Parts from him in the Rusturf Tunnel. With Peeko and the Devon Parts safely returned, I caught and leveled a Whismur named Wasabi and took Mr. Briney's ship to Dewford, where I soundly trounced Brawly with Phoenix and a recently-evolved Cap. I then delivered Steven's letter, gained the Steel Wings TM, and took Mr. Briney's ship to route 109 where I saved my progress.

Team:

Cap / Marshtomp / Male / lvl 17
Phoenix / Ralts / Female / lvl 17
Lady Sif / Shroomish / Female / lvl 17
Wasabi / Whismur / Male / lvl 17

Golden_Arcanine

OR: Been taking a break from my MMing for a shiny Zorua to work on my Living Dex. After a couple of days of it, I returned to my egg-citing (get it?) quest. I popped out 108 eggs, and the 109th egg popped out was shiny. It has above-average potential, although it's defense and special attack are flawless. I wish the speed was flawless, not defense but I'm not complaining in the slightest. Not sure which shiny I'm going to go after next. I'm definitely open to suggestions.

AS: Just picked up a copy of AS, and still in the process of planning out my team. Right now, I've got Chandelure, Zoroark, and I think Starmie. Outside of that, I'm not sure.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I used Pokemon Bank when i heard about the 2nd Gen Pokemon starters. I was surprised because i thought that i would only get 1 of the 3 for each Pokemon Bank app but I ended up with all 3 at the same time!
So far, we have the 3rd gen starters, we had 5th and 2nd gen distributions, there's 6th Gen and option of 1st Gen Pokemon for XY, So the only set left to get is the 4th Gen starters! They might as well come out too instead of waiting a couple years for the DP remakes

Crobat_Curse

Recently reached Mauville and decided to do a bit of breeding (with the help of Y version) to spruce up the team's IVs a little, since I'd like them to be at least slightly competitively viable once I've completed the main storyline. I also added a Psyduck since I've been wanting to use Golduck for eons, but my Water-type position is generally filled by the time he comes along. I've spent the last day or so retraining the team before I take on Wattson. I imagine he'll be a bit of a bother since I have very little that actually dents his Magneton. Literally Water Pulse is the only move that isn't outright resisted. Ah well, challenges are pretty far and few between in this game, so I'll welcome the difficulty. :p

Team

253.png

Azra
Naive [21]
Giga Drain, Rock Tomb, Quick Attack, Mega Drain

263.png

Tessa
Jolly [20]
Headbutt, Charm, Baby-Doll Eyes, Pin Missile

IO7SSqU.gif

Cohan
Timid [20]
Struggle Bug, Stun Spore, Psybeam, Protect

300.png

K.C.
Timid [21]
Uproar, Disarming Voice, Sing, Charge Beam

054.png

Walker
Modest [21]
Water Pulse, Hypnosis, Synchronoise, Disable

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Finally decided to explore Scorched Slab and captured Heatran. Was happy to see Flannery there too. lol Also got my Eon Ticket to collect Latios, but I decided to put that off for a bit. Also beat the Elite Four for a second time using my first team who were still, severely underleveled. Quite fun doing that!

I might give the Contests a try later today since I really want to see those Lisia cutscenes.