• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
Just arrived in Mauville City and boy is this place different! It reminds me of a shopping mall or a super futuristic city, hence to say I like the improvements; Mauville in Gen III was suppose to be this big city but it just always seemed like a dinky, little town. I just arrived in the city and saw Wally run off to face the gym leader, my in game trainer should be surprised he is already facing strong gym leaders like Wattson. Time to explore this huge city, maybe pick up a bike, and challenge Wattson.

So far my team consists of....

Lombre (Boricua) Lvl. 30.... I DexNav'd the hell out of this guy to get one with Leech Seed & Rain Dish; he also has 2 IV's.
Rain Dish. Miracle Seed. Quiet.
- Leech Seed
- Flash
- Giga Drain
- Rain Dance

Jirachi Lvl. 27.... Not nick-nameable unfortunately due to being an event but it is the Jirachi with Draco Meteor! Did a bunch of horde EV training on Route 110 with this fella. Magnemite and Plusle hordes are great for fast, special sweepers like my Jirachi.
Serene Grace. Expert Belt. Timid.
- Wish
- Psychic
- Swift
- Draco Meteor

Marshtomp (☔2MuchWater☔) Lvl. 27.... Finally picked out his nickname and I love that the game has umbrella emojis, lulz. Take that random IGN reviewer.
Torrent. Soft Sand. Quirky.
- Rock Tomb
- Attract
- Water Pledge
- Bulldoze

Minun (Korra) Lvl. 27.... Having AS Minun was a pain to find, especially a female! I was bummed I couldn't DexNav for one but didn't need any of her egg moves anyway or her HA. She is going to be my annoyer lead.
Minus. Quick Claw. Brave.
- Volt Switch
- Nuzzle
- Swift
- Encore

Plusle (Asami) Lvl. 27.... I think my search count on DexNav is almost 150 for Plusle. I spent forever trying to get one with good potential, HA, and the egg move wish. I then decided I didn't need wish as Plusle would be my Baton Passing special sweeper with rain set up.
Lighting Rod. Silk Scarf. Lax.
- Fake Tears
- Swift
- Volt Switch
- Encore

I trained a Lotad up to a Lvl. 16 Lombre but then I figured out how the DexNav works and I had to go back and get one with Leech Seed lulz.

I love that I am using Plusle and Minun because I always kind of wanted to and they are so cute; plus, their nicknames... c'mon, the feels.

EDIT UPDATE: The Mauville City Pokemart has a ton of good TM's for sale. They are pricey though so I only bought one, Bulldoze. Now my Marshtomp has a decent, physical ground type move.

EDIT #2: Swept Wattson's entire team with Asami (Plusle). Thanks to his Magnemite using Volt Switch the first turn I encored him into using it three more times. With Asami's Lightning Rod Ability my +4 Special Attack Silk Scarf Boosted Swift's made light work of Wattson's team. Now to do some exploring.

Last edited:

mastermew

Love that lucky egg is easy to find in this game (pelipper can hold it and you can tell by using the dexnav) I found 3 outside of Lilycove. But so far they all used fling so they weren't carrying it anymore by the end of the battle :-/

Polecat

Cool Cat
I caught Kyogre and got the Eon Flute. After spending a while screwing around the region flying with Latias, I went back to Sootopolis and am currently fighting trainers in Wallace's gym. The battle with Kyogre was insane and I actually ran out of Balls trying to capture the thing. I ended up having to use my Master Ball (Meh, wasn't gonna use it on anything else).

Current Team:

Swampert "Nautilus" Lv39
Mightyena "Comet" Lv39
Breloom "Erez" Lv38
Manectric "Overdrive" Lv40
Sableye "Hopkins" Lv39
Latias "Skye" Lv39

So far my MVP would have to be Overdrive. It's played a pivotal part in winning many of my gym battles, and it's extremely versatile. Strangely enough, Skye hasn't turned out to be the broken powerhouse that I expected it to be. It's decent, yeah, but no better than any other Pokemon you'd catch in the wild.

Today, at about the time my 3DS indicated my power was low, I got through Petalburg Woods. I was looking around for items behind the Pretty Petal Flower Shop, and a Pokémon started shaking in the grass. The DexNav indicated it was Flying and Normal type, so I knew it was Taillow even before that came up on the display. Though I already had a Taillow, I decided to sneak up on it anyway.

It was shiny! And there I was with low power on my 3DS! Thankfully, it used Growl on my Cascoon, and only escaped from the first Premier Ball I threw at it. So that quickly, with plenty of power to spare in my 3DS and with that Pokémon's DexNav level only at 5, I have my first Shiny Pokémon in this game!

DexNav is awesome!

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Just got to league and beat Syndney. Man I'm loving the hallways (especially Phoebe's), We're back in Asia everyone!!!!!!! XD

shac

Does anyone know how ransdom is the random encounter? I met a lv15 Taillow on route4 and it had boomburst. Havent found anything that good or that overlevelled since. Has anyone?

After painstakingly playing minigames in the global link to get a dawn stone Ivory challenged the Lavaridge gym leader. After evolving from the defeat of Archie's Sharpedo, Swalot proved to be a force to be reckoned with as Masquerain cleaned up. While she felt bad for refusing the rival she decide to go with him later to be nice. So she jumped down the ledges instead to go to Slateport... without an HM slave to break the rocks.

She only had Marshtomp who did contests and Swalot who just got decent moves to learn rock smash. However she did have an extra slot so she thought she could explore the desert as planned, catch a Trapinch and teach it Rock Smash without missing a beat. And then a shiny Cacnea appeared... Cursing her unpredictable luck and laziness not to use the cable car she sullenly taught Swalot rock smash after catching it and continued to explore. (By the way I'm wondering if shinies are more common too. I've NEVER met one playing through the main game.)

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Well, I finally beat my OR version. Man all that nostalgia and the service we get with Sapphire at the end with all that alone time. I am content as a fan and with having started at GIII. I shall never forget these runs of the remakes (I gotta do my AS now) nor shall I forget the first time I played a Pokemon game with Emerald. With that, on to Delta Episode!!!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I healed my team at the Dewford Town Pokemon Center after beating Gym Leader Brawly and I returned to Route 106 and arrived at Granite Cave once again. I could now access a new area of it and I saw Steven Stone observing a large wall painting when I entered another cave. Afterwards I gave him his dad's letter and I received the Steel Wing TM from Steven and I left the small cave afterwards. I returned to Dewford Town next after training a bit at Granite Cave and I talked to Mr. Briney by the pier there. He agreed to take me to Slateport City next via his boat since I had to deliver the Devon Parts to Stern's Shipyard there and I saved the game once we arrived at the beach area just south of Slateport City.

Drummerdude

After ridding Meteor Falls of Team Magma I headed to Mt Chimney and struggled against Maxie because I have nothing to take care of Fire types! Should have picked Mudkip!! I did win and seemingly thwarted their plans for now. I went down the Jagged Pass and caught the Pokemon there and got to Lavaridge where I got an Egg. The gym was pretty cool at first but I can see it being annoying in later playthroughs. Flannery wasn't too bad but my team desperately needs something to counter Fire types. After leaving the gym I got the Go Goggles and picked up the Claw Fossil in the desert which caused me to go back to Rustboro and revive it into Anorith! Then I returned to the desert, beat the trainers, and took a break.

256.png
Lv30
274.png
Lv29
310.png
Lv29
335.png
Lv24
347.png
Lv22

ChicaSkas

Really pleased to say that after only 2 days of playing, I caught a Shiny Slakoth with the NavDex radar!

Also, I wondertraded a little and got a Ralts which I then GTS'd for Torchic :)

Then I caught a Ralts here in game and RQ'd on GTS for a Treecko, so I have all 3 starters since I began with Mudkip.... whose name is "KipsO'The Mud" !

Last edited:

Crobat_Curse

I live in the UK but managed to download this early off the EShop, which I'm not entirely convinced is a good idea given that I've done precisely no uni work since Friday. It's a decent enough remake, although I'll admit that I'm finding myself becoming a bit bored at times, perhaps because I've played through the originals so many times and it's very true to them so far. My team's shaping up well; I took a few hours to breed earlier (with a bit of help from Y version) to get the best natures and movesets, hence the egg moves etc. I'm currently in Mauville city having just defeated Wattson - his Magneton was a royal pain!

Team

256.png

Parissa
Adamant, Lvl 22
Double Kick, Rock Tomb, Shadow Claw, Flame Charge

262.png

Nero
Adamant, Lvl 22
Thief, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Play Rough

285.png

Betty ♀ @ Toxic Orb
Careful, Lvl 22
Drain Punch, Stun Spore, Facade, Leech Seed

190.png

Setara
Jolly, Lvl 23
Facade, Beat Up, Power-Up Punch, Fake Out

McIntyre

Novice Breeder
So I ended up making my way up to the Cave of Origin in Alpha Sapphire where I essentially ticked myself off. I completely spaced on bringing the synchronizer that I specifically bred for Kyogre and ended up just catching the thing in my Masterball and saving which in the end really ticked me off. So instead of going on to face Wallace, I instead went sideways and opened up my Omega Ruby file and began again.

I decided, since I had already played with Mudkip, I would start with Treecko this time. I did and unfortunately this probably means that I'm going to be lacking a solid water type until I get to badge seven. (I'm really waiting for Spheal. I love the little round water type.) But I've been taking my time with this one, utilizing the dex nav rather than just busting through everything. In particular, I like to stick around route 102 and level up my dex nav in relation to Ralts. This has the nice bonus of me being able to catch a whole bunch of synchronizers which will definitely come in handy later. I've also managed to level it enough that I have the possibility of finding HA Ralts and a little girl I've named Rylla has made herself at home on my team.

Unfortunately, I can't exactly take it as slow as I would like. Most of the Pokemon on my team are transient with only my event Beldum, starter, and Rylla being constants so this means that despite staying to lower leveled areas, I'm constantly bordering the line between obedience and disobedience with my Beldum causing me to have to progress the story line or risk losing control of my primary Pokemon catcher. (Hold Back is lovely)

The temporary Pokemon in my team do serve a purpose though. As they level up, they evolve and fill the pages of my Pokedex. When they've fully evolved, I remove them from my team and place them in a specific box which I then fill up until I'm ready to trade more things over from Kalos. Despite not having the Key Stone yet, I have a nice little collection of Mega Stones in my inventory along with some evolution stones so far.

But I've managed to beat gym two just in the nick of time to prevent disobedience and I'm now on my way to Slateport in search of more trainers so that Rylla can level up a bit faster and make herself a bit more useful.

Team:

Chaos the Grovyle - Level 20

Beldum (event) - Level 21

Rylla the Ralts - Level 7

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I went onto Route 112 and started walking towards Mt. Chimney. However, I couldn't go there right now because the entrance to the cable car was being blocked. So, I went over to Fiery Path and went through it instead. I soon entered the upper half of Route 111, where I met Aarune for the first time. He told me about Secret Bases and then I made a simple base for myself. After I was done with that stuff, I moved onto Route 113. I walked around in the volcanic ash and also battled some people. My Barboach got even more over levelled from the battles and evolved into Whiscash.

Then, I entered Fallarbor Town. I ran into Brendan there and found out that Team Aqua had been there earlier and kidnapped Prof. Cozmo or something. I then headed out onto Route 114 and captured a Seviper. Now, I'm heading towards Meteor Falls.

Oh, I also finally remembered to get the shiny Beldum event too.

ThisIsPatrick

I've decided I'm going to do some training leading up to the Elite Four, I've got to get Sealeo up to level 50, teach Slaking Hammer Arm and do little bits and bobs here and there. I'm loving the DexNav detector mode where it tells you abilities and moves. I've used this to get two Tropius, a female with Harvest and a Male with Dragon Dance. I also got a female Kecleon with Protean. Life is good in the breeding department.

My team:
*Blaziken
*Swellow (I might change to a Skarmory)
*Slaking
*Shiftry
*Dustox (Might change to a Pinsir or another strong Bug type, but Dustox is good for now)
*Sealeo

Hyper27

Hyper27
Currently at Lavaridge City and am running the game so far with exp share off

My Team as of now:

Numel lvl 26
Quiet Nature (Simple)
-Ancient Power
-Earth Power
-Amnesia
-Lava Plume

Newest member of the team. Took ~1.5-2 hours to get this guy. Went to Granite Cave, caught 2 abras (male and female), caught a slugma in the cave on route 112, and bred for a quiet synchronize abra. After a chain of about 50 Numels with dexnav, i found one with ancient power and simple (which becomes solid rock when it evolves). This part was a LOT more fun than the ones prior.

Aron lvl 26
Impish Nature (Rock Head)
-Head Smash
-Mud Slap
-Headbutt
-Iron Head

The second newest member of the team. Holy crap this was killer. I spent roughly 6 hours trying to find this guy total. The first 4 hours I was reliant on luck to get me an Impish Rock Head Head Smash Aron with the dexnav in Granite Cave. Let me tell you, Dexnav in a cave is not fun when you are trying to get a pokemon with such specific traits and its even less fun when you dont encounter a pokemon for 5 min at a time (and then the pokemon is almost always not even close to what characterstics you are looking for). After getting a random encounter Impish Synchronize Abra and 151 encounters later, I finally get this guy. Let me tell you, it was worth it. Head Smash does crazy damage.

Manectric lvl 27
Modest Nature (Static)
-Charge Beam
-Flash
-Bite
-Quick Attack

The Third newest member of the team. This was the guy that basically caused me to learn how to use the dexnav. It took me about 4-5 hours to get this guy with a Modest nature and Static. Leveling it up was a pain due to almost no access to special moves until you get past Wattson. Also, its frailty doesn't help when it has no good moves. But, now it is a powerhouse and I have no regrets.

Grovyle lvl 28
Hasty Nature (Overgrow)
-Leaf Blade
-Fury Cutter
-Mega Drain
-Quick Attack

The Oldest member of the team. This guy is a monster. If I didn't hold back on training him (or using exp share), he would probably be way higher than lvl 28 as of now. Loved using him since 2005 in emerald. Only took about ~20 SRs to get Hasty Nature.

All in all, I have 21 hours of gameplay on my save file and I'm only at the 4th gym lol. It hasn't destroyed the gameplay, though. If anything, it has made the pokemon I have more valuable. All this is a really brief summary in comparison to what happened overall. But again, absolutely no regrets. Also, the game without exp share is a lot more fun imo because the admins and gym leader's pokemon battles actually become a decent challenge due to how close the levels are.

Now I just gotta catch a Adamant Speed Boost Carvhana and get a Calm Latias, nbd.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Once at Route 109's beach, I battled against the Tubers and Sailors. Once I had defeated them, I entered the Seashore House and I battled five trainers. I got some Soda Pops afterwards, then I arrived in Slateport City. I headed over to the Pokemon Center and I healed my team inside and then I visited the Pokemon Fan Club. I went to the Slateport City Market and talked to a lady selling Incense items, then I visited Stern's Shipyard. I then headed over to the Oceanic Museum next. I managed to enter after paying a free and I made my way to the upper floor. I battled some Team Magma grunts there after finding Capt. Stern and then I saved after meeting Maxie and giving Capt. Stern the Devon Parts as well.

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
My last save point was outside of Wallace's gym.

Current team standing:

Manectric @ Expert Belt
Lv. 52
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Roar
- Volt Switch

Skarmory
Lv. 51
- Night Slash
- Steel Wing
- Aerial Ace
- Autotomize

Gardevoir
Lv. 52
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Lv. 53
- Brave Bird
- Brick Break
- Blaze Kick
- Facade

Ludicolo
Lv. 53
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Zen Headbutt

Flygon
Lv. 53
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Gypsi_

just caught the spiritomb @ sea mauville w/o beating the e4 & haven't seen the delta episode.