• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Had some fun today on OR, traded a Taillow and got a Japanese HA Shroomish. Going to be training it shortly. Did some more work in OR, and found out that my lower screen (touch screen) was starting to creak on the right side o_O (top). Only if I use my thumb or fingers lightly. Doesn't happen if I use the stylus. But I've been sticking to the shoulder buttons to move back and forth from screen to screen just in case. Don't think it's anything serious, but it was still a wee bit unnerving.

Might go and play some AS shortly to get some more training done. Hoping to catch more Pokémon to be able to trade over Wonder Trade.

Last edited:

Bokk

Mr. Briney and I sailed to Route 109. Once we arrived at the beach, I battled every trainer I could find, including those in seahorse house (for which I was awarded soda pop). I explored Slateport City. I found Alakazite in the market, and received a soothe bell in the fan club, which I gave to my Zubat. I fiddled with Pokémon-Amie for a bit, increasing the happiness of my Magikarp, Zubat, and Ralts. I tried to enter the museum, but Team Magma was blocking the entrance. I made my way to the contest hall, but couldn't participate without a contest pass. Finally, I went to the shipyard to deliver the parts to Stern. At Stern's shipyard, I met Dock, who informed me that Stern was at the museum. I made my way to the museum.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
caved into buying OR to pal around with my friends

finished with Gawain the Swampert, Virion the Shiftry, Manastasia the Machamp, Wheezil the Zangoose, Be the Glalie, and Knuckles the Groudon

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
So, I was casually heading towards Meteor Falls, when I saw a hidden Seviper.

"Oh cool, a Seviper! Don't have one of those yet!"

SHINY SEVIPER

My first ever wild Shiny! :D (Only other shinies are a traded shiny Mew, Gengar and Metang)

Sarleekotcam

The Real Tsareena
So, I was casually heading towards Meteor Falls, when I saw a hidden Seviper.

"Oh cool, a Seviper! Don't have one of those yet!"

SHINY SEVIPER

My first ever wild Shiny! :D (Only other shinies are a traded shiny Mew, Gengar and Metang)

So cool! I've been hoping to find a shiny something!

I entered the Hall of Fame 23 November 2014 instead of finishing my 10-12 page paper due on the 25th

My Team at this moment right now: level 73 Shiny Metagross, level 64 Linoone named Joan, level 63 Swellow named Ethel, Level 64 Swampert named Soren, Level 64 Mightyena named Borte, and a level 54 Vileplume named Maebell.

One of my favorite accomplishments so far in Alpha Sapphire was catching a level 15 Taillow with Brave Bird before I even hit the forest. That Taillow is now Ethel my Swellow.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I headed over to Meteor Falls and went inside the cave. Soon, I came across Brendan, Team Aqua, and Prof. Cozmo. Brendan and I teamed up to take on Team Aqua together. We didn't have too much trouble beating them. Mostly thanks to my Pokemon and not because of Brendan's Wailmer.

After defeating Team Aqua, we met Team Magma and Maxie for the first time before returning to Fallarbor Town. The next thing I had to do after that was return to where the cable car to Mt. Chimney was. This time, though, I was able to ride it up to the top of the mountain. Once I exited the cable car building at the top, I saw that Team Aqua and Team Magma were fighting each other. I fought a couple of Aqua people before reaching Archie. He talked to me about somethings for a bit and then battled me too. I defeated him easily and obtained the Meteorite afterwards.

The teams left Mt. Chimney after that and I continued down to Jagged Pass. I captured a Spoink there and eventually reached the bottom. Then, I made my way into Lavaridge Town. I checked out the hot springs there and obtained a Pokemon egg from someone. After all that, I went inside the Gym. I had to fall down several trap doors and get shot up using geysers to get around. I reached Flannery eventually and battled her. My Gothita defeated her Slugma and Numel using Psyshock. I switched over to Whiscash to deal with Torkoal, who was a little annoying to take down because it survived my Aqua Tail and then used Sunny Day. I switched to my Bulldoze attack to defeat it. I received my fourth badge and Gothita evolved into Gothorita.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So next I left the Oceanic Museum and as I was about to leave Slateport, I arrived outside the Contest building next and saw Lisia there. I received a Contest Pass and Pokeblock Kit from Lisia and after settling stuff there, I headed to Route 110. encountered a wild Electrike there in the tall grass and I captured it and I battled against a female Poke Fan and her Plusle and Minun. I arrived at the Trick Master's house after seeing a group of Team Magma grunts hanging around and then I walked east. I spotted my friend Brendan as I walked northwards and we battled each other again. I slayed his Shroomish with my Taillow, then his Slugma with Wingull and finally his Marshtomp with my Nuzleaf's Razor Leaf attack.

SajiNoKami

Faint Strategist
I just finished at the Ocean museum...
I am not really enjoying this game [Alpha Sapphire]. The first games I have really played are B/W, B/W 2, and X/Y, while those seemed like advancements, this one is a step back. I suppose it's a remake and maybe when I get further along it will be better, but now eh. I really wish they would have taken advantage of the access to X/Y and got rid of badge requirements for HMs [as was done with B/W 2]. There is going to be so much back tracking. Then the berry fields.... what the hell.... only thing worse was the dream world berry field of b/w. I am not a fan of this whole pokemon center and markets separate. Haven't even bothered with the contest, I need pokemon with throw away moves for that. The level caps, only finished the 2nd gym and most of my party is already over level 20. They should have tweaked that, considering they are using new game mechanics with old rules. In B/W, B/W 2, and X/Y, I usually could follow the plot and figure out what I am suppose to do, this game I usually have no idea. I like the art for the NPC's.
Anyway.....
On route 110, just fought May.... I hope this gets better.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Obtained the meteorite from Granite Cave. Visited Meteor Falls and caught a Bacon while I was there. Stopped Courtnet from going through with her insane plan. Failed to stop Zinnia from stealing Maxie's keystone. Traveled to the Sky Pillar where I beat Wallace for the second time and caught Rayquaza. I then beat Zinnia and captured Deoxys with my masterball, saving Hoenn from the meteor. I then received Cyndaquil from Birch after using it to save him.

Team:
Swampert
Cyndaquil
Zangoose
Latios
Bagon
Gallade

Torosiken

This is a title.
Just got the game with Mi10tic_Fan yesterday ^^ (we went to the shop together)

She got OR and I got AS. She chose Treecko and I chose Torchic, we started the journey together.
Right now I am already at Mauville... woah. I'm kinda lost here. Too bad there's no game corner D8
My current team is a Combusken, Swellow, Skitty(with hidden ability and wish), Sableye(this one is a pain to get with dexnav >_>. At least 3 IVs make up for it!), Kirlia, and Shiny Metang. I am not going to use the last two though. Previously using Masquerain for Sweet Scent.
Right now is grinding my newly-caught Sableye 8D

Khgs8

Finished the game, had a blast.
Uploaded everything to Pokebank from Y and Current OR Run and then...RESTARTED!

I went through with blaze. exp share on, had a blast but missed so much I didn't know where to start...
restarting the game, same starter, different pace.

Catch everything in the route, Play to the fullest, take ur time.

Started with a Treecko, Hasty :D!
Got to route 102 and now I am abusing the Dex Nav to get Both
Rock Climb Zigzagoon with Pickup and
Hydro Pump Surskit :D

Good luck! Hope I have a better and greater Journy this time!

UPDATE: Settled down for Psybeam Surskit and Quick Feet Simple Beam Zigzagoon xD...I'm weak! and eager to continue

Last edited:

Alfero

summer traveler
I went back through Jagged Pass, now with the acro bike, in order to collect the remaining items I had previously missed. I also attempted to return the meteorite to Prof Cozmo, but he didn't take it back. Either I've visited him too early, or you pick up the Return TM in a different location. I then challenged the 4th Gym, where I struggled due to not having a decent water or ground type, but still managed to defeat Flannery on my first attempt. I declined May's offer to be transported to Petalburg city as I wanted to explore the desert route first.

Here I caught a Trapinch, who will become a part of my final team, and chose the Claw Fossile over the Root Fossil. While training up Trapinch so she was the same level as the rest of my team, I used to time to hatch the Wynaut egg and evolve a few more Pokemon to assist with Pokedex completion. I then returned to Lavaridge to talk to May, once again just in case using her to be transported to Petalburg also triggers other necessary events.

Challenging Norman's gym was incredibly easy due to my Combusken, who evolved into Blaziken during the final gym trainer fight. Norman managed to be somewhat easy thanks to my Beautifly getting lucky with Silver Wind and raising all her stats three times during the fight. Once I received the Surf HM I was transported to Mauville via Wally, where I then crossed to the other side of Route 118 in order to grab the Good Rod. I ended up spending about an hour and a half looking for a Carvanha, who will be replacing Skitty in my team. I'm now spending the time to train up my new Carvanha so his levels match the rest of my team, as well as training up other Pokemon for Dex completion.

My team is currently:
Bandit / Carvanha Lv. 27 [M] (Surf / Assurance / Swagger / Ice Fang)
Rose / Manetric Lv. 33 [F] (Discharge / Bite / Quick Attack / Thunder Wave)
Burnie / Blaziken Lv. 36 [M] (Scratch / Peck / Blaze Kick / Double Kick)
Kazoku / Trapinch Lv. 34 [F] (Earthquake / Crunch / Rock Slide / Earth Power)
Mephis / Sableye Lv. 34 [M] (Feint Attack / Confuse Ray / Night Shade / Shadow Claw)
Vil / Shiny Beautifly Lv. 34 [M] (Tackle / Air Cutter / Silver Wind / Giga Drain)

I caught my sixth Pokemon, Duskull, after my escapade at Mt. Pyre. I then flew to Slateport and fought two Aqua Grunts after Archie stole the submarine needed to descend to the cavern where Kyogre awaits. I'm now going to Aqua's hideout.

Mega Sceptile (49)
Swellow (48)
Gallade (48)
Milotic (51)
Mega Glalie (52)
Duskull (32)

6 badges

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
Welp, the main game is officially done! Took me about 22 hours in total gameplay time. I'm saving the Pokédex-filling until later.

My team as of right now, fresh out of beating the champion:

Manectric (Storm) ♀
Lv. 61
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch

Gardevoir (Vaermina) ♀
Lv. 61
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball

Ludicolo (Bukowski) ♂
Lv. 62
- Ice Beam
- Zen Headbutt
- Surf
- Energy Ball

Skarmory (Concorde) ♀
Lv. 61
- X-Scissor
- Steel Wing
- Aerial Ace
- Autotomize

Flygon (Fly-Gon Jinn) ♂
Lv. 61
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Blaziken (Sir Toasty) ♂
Lv. 63
- Brave Bird
- Sky Uppercut
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Claw

I confronted Team Aqua at their Lilycove hideout but the submarine got away. I then healed up and headed toward Mossdeep City, Duskull evolving along Route 124. Once I arrived I battled twin gym leaders Tate and Liza and received the Mind Badge. Upon exiting the gym I saw a spiral of green light ascend from the ocean. Steven takes me back to his house and explains that the seal was taken off of the Ancient Pokemon's chamber. He gives me Dive and I head off toward the acclaimed chamber.

Mega Sceptile (53)
Swellow (53)
Gallade (51)
Milotic (57)
Mega Glalie (56)
Dusclops (45)

computertrash

knight of time
currently dexnaving for zoruas on 101. i finished delta at about 5 this morning. i ended up catching rayquaza and deoxys in heal balls, WHICH i intended to do. i had moved some pokemon from Y last night, forgot to grab HA eevee.

Shadow XD001

Defeated both Flannery and Norman. I went with May back to Petalburg and that made the trip there very quick. I went back to the desert routes to get some more training before going onto the water routes. I finished up the water routes rather quickly and saved at Slateport City. My whole team is fully evolved now!

Team: Sceptile, Gardevoir, Crawdaunt, Camerupt, Altaria, Manectric

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After I emasculated my buddy Brendan at Route 110, he healed my team for me and gave me the Dowsing Machine key item. I was now free to move forward and I battled several wild Pokemon along the thin strip of land underneath Seaside Cycling Road and battled a Collector and a male Psychic trainer as I ran around. I captured a wild Gulpin and Minun afterwards and I picked Leppa Berries near Cycling Road's north entrance, then I finally arrived at Mauville City through big doors after beating a Fisherman trainer. As soon I was inside the complex, I saw Wally talking to his dad, then I read a map of Mauville's layout and walked around the food court and several other areas like the Square Tower monument.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I realized that my traded team wouldn't obey me. I went and got my mudkip from the pc and started training it up so I could get past this first gym leader since my pidgey or Pikachu wouldn't do well against rock and they wouldn't obey. After I beat the all of the gym trainers and the first gym leader I decided to train up my Chikorita to be my newest addition to my team. I put mudkip back and started working on my level 1 chikorita. I defeated the team aqua member and returned the devon parts. My chikorita is about to be level 16 and my Pikachu and pidgey are level 16.

Butta

Shocked I didn't post on this thread sooner. Got the game Friday from
Best buy nice and smoothly. Choose treeco as my starter. Fast forward im
Currently in slateport city. Just dropped off the goods
OR team:
Grovyle lv 27
Swellow lv 25
Vigaroth lv 23
Kadabra lv 23

This third gym is about to be a pain. I'll be adding s magnimite to my team. Going to sweet scent hordes until

Last edited: