• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

This thread is for you who already have the game. You can post about beating a gym leader, encountering a legendary, losing a battle, etc.

Rules:
- Don't spam. In the past you could only post once per 20th post. We do not want to enforce such a rule again.
- Do not ask questions here. This is not the help thread, which you can find here: Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Help Thread
- Each post must contain 3 sentences or more. Don’t just post “Caught Taillow.” This is obviously you either being lazy or trying to increase your post count.

Each of these rules will be enforced. If you break a rule, expect your post to be deleted, as well as expect an infraction waiting for you in your PM box.

Omega Sapphire

I just beat May and cleared the first room of the Trick House. I want to catch and train a Roselia because it's Roselia and it's awesome. I am currently going through all of Slateport making sure I talk to everyone to get all the items or know anything important but so far it is exactly as I remember minus the mega stone.

My team currently is:

Shiny Grovyle Lv.24
Calm 252SPDef/252HP/4Spd
Miracle Seed
- Crunch
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Skitty Lv.24
Lonely
Silk Scarf
- Tackle
- Disarming Voice
- Feint Attack
- Thunderwave

Last edited:

Drummerdude

Got both games this morning. Omega Ruby will be my main game that I do not start over.

Started with Torchic and I have also captured a Seedot that had Beat Up instead of Bide which made training much easier. I also randomly found a Surskit which I won't use but is still lucky. I just arrived in Rustboro City and took a break. Loving the visual upgrades so far. Not sure how I am gonna take on Roxanne with a Grass type that doesn't know any grass moves.

255.png
Lv14
273.png
Lv13

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Oh my lord, these games were a PAIN to get a hold of. Recent snow storms delayed A LOT of the shipments, but Toys R Us managed to get their shipment in a few hours ago so I got my copy of Omega Ruby.

The game is so nice! I love it already. They really improved the series over X and Y.

On a side note, the DexNav is incredibly overpowered. I got an Adamant Seedot with its Hidden Ability and Beat Up! So great. I definitely plan on using the DexNav to catch everything while I complete the game.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I've been meaning to post my thoughts about the game.

Got my Omega Ruby...

Chose Treecko but planning to deposit it.

The opening act scene was amazing kudos to GF for referencing the old GBSP and the use of old opening sequence..

Anyway, DexNav is amazing! I got myself Surskit with effing Hydro Pump! I'm going to spend my time catch a Bold nature Surskit and Timid/Modest Female Ralts using this nifty feature..

Gonna blast through Roxanne's gym with my over powered Hydro Pumping Surskit haha..

I'm loving the music brings back so much nostalgia and seeing Hoenn updated and 3D is definitely an icing on the cake!

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I chose Treecko as my starter, who has since evolved into Grovyle. I've cleared three gyms thus far, and am currently in the route before Fallarbor town. I participated in, and won, my first super contest with Taillow, and encountered Aarune and have set up my secret base. I transferred over Glalie from the demo and will be using her after I defeat Flannery.

I opted to trade a Slakoth for a Makuhita back in Rustboro, and if it weren't for that Makuhita, Wattson would have been near impossible for me to defeat. (Holy cow does Mauville look awesome.)

I'm rotating my team and am focusing on training Wingull and Magikarp in preparation for Lavaridge, so we'll see how that goes.

LOVING AS right now.

Current Team:

Grovyle (Lv 25)
Leaf Blade
Mega Drain
Quick Attack
Fury Cutter

Cosplay Pikachu (Lv 24)
Quick Attack
Electro Ball
Thunder Wave
Meteor Mash

Hariyama (Lv 27)
Force Palm
Bulldozer
Rock Tomb
Vital Throw

Magikarp (Lv 15)
Splash
Tackle

Zigzagoon (Lv 13)
Tackle
Headbutt
Rock Smash
Sand Attack

Wingull (Lv 18)
Wing Attack
Water Pulse
Echoed Voice
Supersonic

I'm killing Normans gym :p
My team so far without my HM slave:
Grovyle lvl 28
Metang lvl 29
Electabuzz lvl 40(never bothered 2 use in emerald)
Glalie lvl 43
Hopefully they bring back the massive battle at the space station between team aqua and magma

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I haven't gotten too far yet, as I've just beaten the first gym. I have caught a good number of Pokémon with the DexNav feature and even got two Pokémon I was looking for, so it's been good so far.

Also, I noticed that the one scientist who was trying to replicate the dreams of Pokémon in the Devon building now refers to Prof. Fennel, stating that she's his rival and that he can't lose the race to her. I'm glad that they put it in as it was a nice nod to find.

Last edited:

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I got both games a little bit ago along with Smash Wii U. I'm playing Alpha Sapphire and it'll be my main. I took a while deciding whether to choose Treecko or Mudkip as my starter(cause X/Y event Torchic pretty much ruined it as an option). Decided to go with Mudkip and pretty decent starter for the story plus it's Mega looks amazing. I'm up to the point where May shows you how to tip-toe up to Pokemon.

Team so far
;258; Trash lv 8
;261; Scar lv 5

Genousity

I picked p omega ruby last night at the mid night release, so far I've made it out of petalburg woods but any step further and my game crashes >.<

ebevan91

I've made it to Petalburg Woods. On the way I've caught pretty much every different Pokemon I could find. The only ones I'm using right now though are Treecko and Poochyena. Also it's good to see that Rich Boy Winston still uses that Full Restore.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Just started Omega Ruby. I chose Mudkip as my starter. He's level 7 (Male).

firelover

Just met up with Steven outside of Dewford Town after beating Brawly. Loving the game so far. Its looks amazing.

Current team:
lvl 19 Grovyle
lvl 17 Beldum
lvl 18 Taillow
lvl 14 Slakoth
lvl 16 Poochyena
lvl 10 Nincada

Still trying to figure out whether i want a ninjask or shednija.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I started OmegaRuby, which I downloaded from the eShop. After Birch's lecture, I chose to play as May. The moving truck arrived in Littleroot Town and I went inside my room and set the clock. Afterwards, I headed back downstairs and my mom told me about a TV broadcast that I missed. I headed outside next and I wandered around Littleroot Town and visited Brendan's home, then I walked over to Route 101. I saw Professor Birch and he was being attacked by a wild Poochyena. I took Torchic's Poke Ball from Professor Birch's bag and I defeated Poochyena quickly. I went to Birch's lab afterwards and I agreed to help him with the Pokedex. I saved the game before heading north to Oldale Town in search of Brendan.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I picked up both versions this morning. OmegaRuby will be my main version, but I'm playing through AlphaSapphire first.

After watching the awesome opening, I selected the girl character and gave her a lolzy name. After looking around Littleroot Town, I went out to Route 101 and ended up choosing Treecko as my starter since that's what I always chose on the original Sapphire. After saving Birch and talking to him at the lab, I trained Treecko against some wild Pokemon before entering Oldale Town. Continuing north, I ran into Brendan and defeated his Torchic in battle.

Back at Birch's lab, I received the Pokedex. On Route 101 again, I captured a Poochyena with Thunder Fang. After all that, I went over to the demo and sent over my Glalie and its Mega Stone. Then, I used the Bank and transferred over my entire AS team.

My team:
;227; ;293; ;339; ;361; ;453; :574:
will still use Treecko for a while until I get some badges.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just picked up my copy of Omega Ruby & So far I'm loving every minute of it. I chose to name my character Landon, which was the name I used when I first played Pokémon Ruby, & so far my roster consists of the following:
  • Mudkip (Mudslapper)
  • Zigzagoon (Will switch out later)
  • Seedot (Hemmerlock)- knows the move Beat Up
  • Surskit (Slipstream)- Knows the move Fell Stinger & is holding a Honey
  • Pancham (Pounda)- transferred over from Pokémon Bank

I also have to say that I'm loving the Dex Nav. I'm still getting used to it, & I know I'll get bored with eventually, but whoever thought of this feature should be given a big fat raise at Game Freak.

Swampurtz

God of Destruction
I just started OR and hour ago, loving every moment
Also I got a pooches that has Fire Fang on it. I would use it, but I wanna recreate my original Ruby team (With the exception of Dunban, who replaces Groudon)
Current Swampies Team:
Ralts: Dunban Lv4
Mudkip: Zuzu Lv9

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally got my games. I started my main version, alpha sapphire since my first 3rd gen game was sapphire. I am female of course, named myself Robin, chose my starter. A male calm mudkip named Rip Tide, and beat my rival. I also caught a poochyena.
Current team
Rip Tide the mudkip lv 7
Other pokemon
Poochyena lv 2

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I roamed through Route 101 next and slayed wild Zigzagoon and Wurmple as I walked past a ledge. I soon arrived in Oldale Town and a Poke Mart employee showed me the Poke Mart and gave me Potions. I healed Torchic at the PC next and then I headed north towards Route 103. I battled some more wild Pokemon there and then I encountered Brendan. We battled and my Torchic eventually slayed Brendan's Mudkip. He left afterwards and I went back to Littleroot Town as well to settle things with Professor Birch there. Once at Birch's lab, he gossiped about how I beat Brendan and I finally got my Pokedex from him and ten Poke Balls as well from Brendan. I walked back to Route 101 again and got the DexNav feature.