• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I sashayed into the Rustboro City Gym after I finished doing all the other tasks around Rustboro City. I was quickly greeted by Gym Leader Roxanne and afterwards, I battled against the two Youngsters and their Rock-types and then I challenged Roxanne to a Gym battle after doing some quick training and evolving my Seedot. She sent out her Geodude first and I used my Wingull against it. Wingull attacked it with Water Gun, but Roxanne's Geodude survived and it attacked with Rock Tomb. I switched to my newly-evolved Nuzleaf next and I beat Geodude with Razor Leaf. Roxanne sent out her Nosepass afterwards and I used Nuzleaf against it as well. I defeated it easily with a couple of Razor Leaf attacks.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I finally got to Rustboro City after spending a long time just exploring what all has changed, plus doing a little grinding. I'm taking on Roxanne's Gym but I doubt she'll be much of a challenge when I've got 3 pokemon with super-effective moves.

My team
;258; Thrash Lv 13
;285; Magnum Lv 13
;270; Lotad Lv 13
;374; Beldum Lv 12
;261; Scar Lv 12
;280; Knight Lv 10

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I continued travelling along Route 110. I soon ran into Brendan again and had to battle him. He wasn't that hard for my team to deal with and my Whismur evolved into Loudred after the battle. Then, Brendan gave me the Dowsing Machine and I used it as I continued towards Mauville City.

Once I got to Mauville, I was surprised to see just how much it changed and was overwhelmed with how big it was! There were so many things to do around the city, so I spent like 5863 hours looking around. Near the Gym, I met up with my friend Wally again and battled him. He only had a Ralts that wasn't that strong, so my Pokemon were able to one shot it. After that, I went over to the bicycle place and obtained the Mach Bike.

After that, I checked out some of the newer additions to the city. I saw what Move Tutor places were in town and went inside the food court but didn't battle there yet. I did battle at the Inverse battle place, though, and won some Sitrus Berries as a prize. I also spent some time looking around the outdoor parts of the city.

When I was finished exploring Mauville for now, I ended up walking over to Verdanturf Town to see what it looked like. I hung around there for a bit before going back to Mauville.

Bluemage21

WOW, SO MUCH HAND HOLDING now,

Went to fallabor town, and not only was i dragged to Prof. Cozmo's house, along the way to the cave, May kept going "this way", "this way". Then after saving him, you are immediately pulled to MAuville, and told, go north to the Mountain, then after that, You are given the meteorite without having to get it from the machine. Not a terrible thing, but annoying.

I do like how they got the opposite team to still be evil now. In the originals, the opposite team would essentially be good guys and not threaten you at all. Now Archie told me to go away, and if i try and get in THEIR way, he will (try to) stomp me flat.

Also, they gave Archie a Pirate Accent, THAT..........IS.........AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Dratini evolved as well, and so did my Bayleef.

ThisIsPatrick

Just beat Norman in in Petalburg! He wasn't really a big challenge but Damn Slakings Retaliate hits hard. Just like dad I used a Vigoroth to beat his first Slaking and his Vigoroth. I've been really loving this game so far, my team hasn't really changed.
My Team so far:
*Combusken
*Vigoroth
*Nuzleaf
*Swellow
*Dustox
* Free Spot. Most likely going to be maybe a Flygon, Wailren, Lanturn or even a Kingdra.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I've had lots of different things change since my initial plan..

Anyway I'm on my way to Mount Chimney to battle Team Magma.. I've been busy with DexNav and trying to get "strong" in-game team without trading over flawless pokes..

Recaps: I deposited Treecko. Surskit took over. I got mine with Mud Shot and its pretty nifty. Helped me beat Roxanne and Watson quite easily. My Rustboro and Dewford journey was cleared using Surskit and Ralts.

Then on my Slateport Mission just when I was about to face May for our second battle my Surskit and Ralts evolved. Having Masquerain in my team made that battle a breeze.. Kirlia helped out too!

On the way to Fallarbor Kirlia evolved to Gardevoir. I caught Swablu and Zangoose. Breeding Swablu was a easy but Zangoose took forever to breed since I had to specifically find a mother with Hidden Ability.

Here's my team at the moment..

Masquerain @Timid Lv. 33 [Bubble Beam, Mud Shot, Air Cutter, Silver Wind] - Intimidate
Gardevoir @Bold Lv. 32 [Psychic, Draining Kiss, Calm Mind, Magical Leaf] - Trace
Swablu @Careful Lv. 19 [Astonish, Safeguard, Disarming Voice, Sing] - Natural Cure
Zangoose @Adamant Lv. 14 [Quick Attack, Rock Tomb, Metal Claw, Double Kick] - Toxic Boost

I didn't use Gallade since Dawn Stone is available near the end..

Drummerdude

Wattson was actually somewhat difficult due to his signature move but I won and got my third badge. I headed to Verdanturf and picked up a couple Mega Stones before heading north of Mauville City and and beat the Winstrate's before continuing on to Fallarbor Town. Along the way I learned about secret bases and received a TM for Secret Power which I taught to Nuzleaf and I have been trying to find a decent spot but no such luck as of yet. On the ashy route before Fallarbor Town Electrike evolved into Manectric which was good timing because I needed to start training my newest team member who I caught just part Fallarbor...a Zangoose! I beat everyone on Route 114 and went back and beat a few I skipped before taking a break outside of Meteor Falls.

256.png
Lv28
274.png
Lv28
310.png
Lv27
335.png
Lv22

Lorde

After beating Roxanne, I got the Stone Badge and Rock Tomb TM and left Rustboro City Gym. Once I was outside I saw a Team Magma grunt causing trouble. I had to get the Devon Parts back for the Devon researcher, so I headed north. I strutted into Route 116 next as I walked towards Rusturf Tunnel and I captured a Taillow in the tall grass and I battled a Youngster, Lass and Hiker nearby as well. I reached the entrance to Rusturf Tunnel and saw Mr. Briney there who had lost Peeko apparently. I backtracked a bit afterwards and I taught Cut to my Zigzagoon and cut a skinny tree and battled two Schoolkid trainers and I picked some Berries nearby as well and then saved before entering the Rusturf Tunnel.

I just got my second gym badge and wow, I am loving the DexNav. I have never spent so much time on the routes before. I've been hunting for a scrappy taillow with boomburst, preferably with 2 stars, so that's been keeping me busy. I've been making a point to catch every pokemon on each route as I go and while in the caves at dewford I ran into an abra. I figured that I wouldn't be able to catch it but I threw a pokeball at it anyway and managed to catch it at full health :). When I checked later it was jolly natured with synchronize, so I'll definitely be using that in my taillow hunt :) and future RE hunts. A few routes earlier I was getting ready to leave an area when a pokemon silhouette popped up so I decided to sneak towards it because, hey, why not? It was a wurmple with three stars and holding bright powder! It might possibly have 4 or 5 perfect ivs but I can't tell for certain because it's level is too low (lvl 3) for an iv calculator to give me an accurate reading but I've stowed it away to ev train it sometime later. Today I found the wonder trade button so I traded all of my catch rejects and got some nice pokemon in turn (a fenniken, nidoran male, trevenant, litleo, and a dodou. Since I'm going to get the shiny charm on this game I plan on doing a lot of wonder trading for dex purposes. I also got a modest eevee with yawn and wish with perfect ivs in special attack, special defense and speed from wonder trade today!! I'm still debating what I want to evolve it into @_@..probably espeon, sylveon or vaporeon. I have a lot of temporary pokemon on my team which will get boxed when they evolve for the dex but for now my team consists of:

Treecko (docile)-going to be re breeding this after my in game playthrough
Event shiny beldum (Serious)-I happened to check its ivs before resetting for an adamant nature and found that this one had 31 ivs in attack and 25 in
defense so I kept it :)
Poochyena (Lonely)+fire fang+HA-Only on my team til it evolves.
Taillow-Going to replace with a scrappy+boomburst one when I find one
Bidoof-I was just trying to find a temporary HM slave when miracles of miracles I got one from wondertrade 0_0!

Eventually I want flygon, lanturn/milotic and ninetales on my team.

mewtwos

Smell ya later!
I was randomly sweet scenting and defeating hordes to increase my dexnav encounter count, and I ran into a shiny Zigzagoon! This is the quickest I've even encountered a shiny Pokemon after the release of a game!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I chased Team Magma off of Mt. Pyre then went to Slateport and witnessed them stealing the sub. Failed to stop them. I went into their hideout but they escaped. I saw the clearance sale and took advantage, buying one of everything(Except I bought several planks). I traveled to Mossdeep and beat Liza and Tate then saw the green beam.
Team:
Swampert
Linoone
Zangoose
Metagross
Latios
Egg(Should hatch any second.....)

Cellfaction

Right now, I'm at Mauville City, but this happened before:

Defeated Brawly and get my second badge.
Captured lots of Pókemon, got the contest pass, and the Pokeblock case.
Regards my Pokémon, Treeko evolved into Grovyle, while My Zubat evolved into Golbat, but just for a level because thanks to its Luxury ball, it evolved quickly into Crobat.

My Pokémon:
Grovyle (Lv 25)
Energy Ball
Leaf Blade
Rock Slide
Aerlal Ace

Crobat (Lv 25)
Aerial Ace
Wing Attack
Bite
Leech Life

Next, I will train them and decide which will be my 3 member of my team.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I got my game this morning. I haven't made it that far, but I can confirm that the PokeCenter Birthday event is essentially the same; Pikachu confetti cannons, birthday message, and a cake on the med screen.

Love playing with the PokeNav, but I got to go get my first gym badge now as Beldum has stopped obeying!

Current Team:
- This probably doesn't mean much yet, as I'm just carrying some of them for the heck of it.

Treecko (M - 13)

Poochyena (F - 10, Thunder Fang) - I'm curious if everyone get a Thunder Fang Poochyena as their first PokeNav pokemon. I'll have to look through the other entries and see if it's consistent.

Lotad (F - 9, Teeter Dance)

Zigzagoon (M - 16, Sleep Talk)

Beldum (X - 11)

Wurmple (F - 5)

I also, just loved the updated intro animations, they were gorgeous. And the fact that your mom still has you riding in the back of the truck, hilarious, a US kid's game designer wouldn't even think of doing that. 'It'll give people bad ideas.' - Wurmple just evolved, and she's never even seen battle.

edit:
LOL! Just meet the Ace trainer in the apartment building Rustboro, who turns into a hiker...

Last edited:

mastermew

I wonder if the odds of finding a shiny in the safari zone are easier in these games?.. The second Pokemon I saw there (pikachu) was shiny! Kinda sucks because I already have a shiny pickachu, but still finding one randomly is always exciting!

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
Well it has been a wild ride for me so far.

After bein re-united with my long lost torchic and bending genders by playing as a boy, i set off with buddy to save the world of course. I found a poochyena with May's help usin the dexnav, but i did not keep it. using the magical powers of pokemon bank, i transferred Sallahaddin the shiny seedot, ursala the inkay and Boraid the vanillite over to OR, and immediately beban weaving a path of destruction with the sparkles. feeling it only fair, ursala and boraid each retrieved only after a gym badge for each, rustburro for ursala and dewford for boraid.

before heading away from oldale, i ran into the most amazing bird type ever, Abdul-Bashir the wingul!! then, just after saving peeko in rustburo, i met my love. May the skitty.

fast forward, and i've just finished the 6th gym and failed to stop team magma from robbing that poor old couple of the orb. I am chasing them through lillycove hideout!
they do not stand a chance. after evolving into malamar, Ursala took down a mega rayquaza single handedly in a wifi battle, I pitty the useless grunt that keep trying to defeat her.
with his mega stine, Buddy the Blaziken is no daffodil either.

if anyone wants to try and defeat ursala, they're on!

;300; May
;279; Abdul-Bashir
;257; Buddy
;274; Sallahaddin (shiny)
:584: Boraid

and of course,
malamar_as_ursula_by_chibi_robo64-d6djxd6.jpg

Attachments

• malamar_as_ursula_by_chibi_robo64-d6djxd6.jpg
    malamar_as_ursula_by_chibi_robo64-d6djxd6.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 62

SoulSilver Eric

Oh, nice, this is a sticky thread now.

Okay, so I encountered a Shiny Zigzagoon after using my sweet scent surskit to level up my dex nav for poochyena. I've just got to the forest after petalburg too.

The team so far:

Beldum (shiny/event) lvl 10

Torch (Torchic/hatched egg XY) lvl 10

Slick (Mudkip/hatched egg XY) lvl 9

Ralts (Diantha's gift) lvl 9

Surskit lvl 9

Last edited:

Xuxuba

Just catched a shiny shuppet. I think the shiny's probability has changed, but i'm not sure. I wish i could see his IVs.

Last edited:

Bluemage21

Just catched a shiny shuppet. I think the shiny's probabilities has changed, but i'm not sure. I wish i could see his IVs.

Why can't you use a IV calculator?

Lorde

So I finally arrived at the entrance of Rusturf Tunnel and once inside, I found a Team Magma grunt who had Peeko hostage as well as the Devon Parts and I battled against him. I got Peeko and the Devon Parts back afterwards and then I exited the cavern. I headed back to Rustboro City after I had reunited Mr. Briney with Peeko and I went to the Devon Corporation where I talked to Mr. Stone and got the BuzzNav function. I now had to deliver Steven's letter in Dewford Town, so I returned to Route 104 and chatted with Mr. Briney in his cottage. We set sail immediately and I visited the Dewford Town PC right away upon arrival and after talking to several NPC's, I wandered towards Granite Cave and saved there.

Xuxuba

Why can't you use a IV calculator?
I'll have to complete the game anyway so i might as well wait for the IV Judge. I don't like using the IV calculator because i've to write down his stats change and i do not have the time for this (college).

Last edited: