• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
After winning at the Petalburg Gym, Norman and I went back outside. We saw Wally out there and I received the Surf HM before Wally and I headed back to Route 118 together. I created a new Secret Base there and then Surfed across the water to the other side. I soon ran into Steven again and flew on Latios with him to Southern Island. There, we came across Latias. But then, Aqua Admin Matt and a Team Aqua Grunt showed up to cause trouble. So, Steven and I teamed up to take on the two of them in a battle. After defeating them, Latias joined my team and I gained the ability to use Mega Evolution.

When I was done with that, I continued on my journey and stopped by Route 123 briefly to pick some berries near the Berry Master's house. Then, I went over to Route 119 and started heading up it. Eventually, I reached the Weather Institute building and went inside. I soon saw that it had been taken over by Team Aqua and so I had to defeat them. After defeating admin Shelly, I saved the institute and received a Castform as thanks.

jackhh

Just went to Battle Resort and received the free Sharpedo and Camerupt from the Magma and Aqua grunt. However though...I ended up receiving a shiny sharpedo, i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? or know of anyone that has?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Just went to Battle Resort and received the free Sharpedo and Camerupt from the Magma and Aqua grunt. However though...I ended up receiving a shiny sharpedo, i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? or know of anyone that has?

you might be the luckiest guy on earth then..jk

anyway for me i'm just strolling around mauville city, but of course i bought my bike - and i preferred the mach bike in my taste

SajiNoKami

Faint Strategist
finished 3rd gym... the adorability of Wally is saving this game for me.

Party:
Marshtomp
Poochyena
Litleo
Ralts
Noibat
------------
Metang for now

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After slaying Gabby and Ty and giving them the honor of interviewing me, I continued walking along Route 111 and I battled a few more trainers before reaching the desert part of the route, which I couldn't access yet due to fierce sandstorms. I headed west towards Route 112 next instead and I met up with Brendan again and after gossiping and looking at Mt. Chimney, I got the Strength HM from him and he also healed my team for me. I trained my team for 15 minutes in the tall grass there and caught a wild Machop and leveled up my team. I then walked towards Mt. Chimney and battled Hikers at the base of the volcano and I entered the Fiery Path next. I battled wild Pokemon and caught a Slugma and saved.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I imported a bunch of Pokemon from my Pokemon X using Bank. It took forever to download the update patch for it even though it was only 200 or so blocks. Now I'm working on obtaining a bunch of BP for tutor moves.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I defeated Brendan a second time. I like his sunny attitude after being defeated, which is much better in my perspective after dragging Calem down every time I won against him in X & Y and thus making me feel bad for him. Good thing I won't go through the same here!

*An hour later, the sick child Wally is defeated...*

Dammit!

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
*An hour later, the sick child Wally is defeated...*

Dammit!

Lulz

Just arrived back in Petalburg City with May and I am about to challenge my dad! I defeated Flannery with ease as my team consisted of Korra, ☔2MuchWater☔, and Boricua, though I didn't even use ☔2MuchWater☔ until her Numel had half it's health gone and Boricua doesn't know any water damaging moves so it wasn't super unfair. I started by paralyzing her Slugma from the get-go but it back fired because it's Flame Body ability burned Korra! A minor set back however because I hit Slugma with a critical hit Swift to finish it off; when Korra came back to me I sent out Boricua to face her Torkoal. I started with a Leech Seed expecting a fire type move and I was right, Torkoal let out an Overheat which did minimal damage and sharply lowered its own special attack. I took that opportunity to set up rain but Torkoal countered with harsh sunlight. We went back and forth like this a few times until I took my chance and switched back to Korra, it worked! Torkoal used Sunny Day again and I trapped him in an encore. From there after all the residual Leech Seed damage it only took one Swift to knock Torkoal out. Flannery sent out her last Pokemon, Numel, and with Korra's health real low I used Swift, took the fainting, and sent out ☔2MuchWater☔ for a Water Pledge to finish to off! Got my badge, explored the desert, evolved my Zigzagoon HM slave into a Linoone from level 2 so he could learn strength, revived my fossil and finished every challenge in the Trick House, and finally, went back with May to where I'm at now.

So far my team consists of....

Lombre (Boricua) Lvl. 31.... I DexNav'd the hell out of this guy to get one with Leech Seed & Rain Dish; he also has 2 IV's.
Rain Dish. Miracle Seed. Quiet.
- Leech Seed
- Flash
- Giga Drain
- Rain Dance

Jirachi Lvl. 31.... Not nick-nameable unfortunately due to being an event but it is the Jirachi with Draco Meteor! Did a bunch of horde EV training on Route 110 with this fella. Magnemite and Plusle hordes are great for fast, special sweepers like my Jirachi.
Serene Grace. Expert Belt. Timid.
- Wish
- Psychic
- Swift
- Draco Meteor

Marshtomp (☔2MuchWater☔) Lvl. 31.... Finally picked out his nickname and I love that the game has umbrella emojis, lulz. Take that random IGN reviewer.
Torrent. Soft Sand. Quirky.
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Water Pledge
- Bulldoze

Minun (Korra) Lvl. 31.... Having AS Minun was a pain to find, especially a female! I was bummed I couldn't DexNav for one but didn't need any of her egg moves anyway or her HA. She is going to be my annoyer lead.
Minus. Silk Scarf. Brave.
- Volt Switch
- Nuzzle
- Swift
- Encore

Plusle (Asami) Lvl. 30.... I think my search count on DexNav is almost 150 for Plusle. I spent forever trying to get one with good potential, HA, and the egg move wish. I then decided I didn't need wish as Plusle would be my Baton Passing special sweeper with rain set up.
Lighting Rod. Magnet. Lax.
- Fake Tears
- Swift
- Volt Switch
- Encore

I trained a Lotad up to a Lvl. 16 Lombre but then I figured out how the DexNav works and I had to go back and get one with Leech Seed lulz.

I love that I am using Plusle and Minun because I always kind of wanted to and they are so cute; plus, their nicknames... c'mon, the feels.

Have not yet decided what three Pokemon I am going to challenge my dad with but I will update when I figure it out.

Crobat_Curse

I'm currently grinding a little using the trainer rematches, having just defeated Flannery. I have noticed that they've changed the rosters of Lydia and Isaac (the breeders on Route 117) to include only unevolved mons, even in their rematch teams, which sucks a bit considering they were my favourite trainers to train against in the originals. I've decided upon Horsea for my fifth team member. It was sort of nostalgia-driven given that I've not used one since my first ever Pokemon team in Red version almost 16 years ago, although I also desperately needed a Water-type and a specially orientated team member, so he fits those bills too! It's been a bit of a pain training him up so far since his moveset is severely lacking, but he was helpful against Flannery at least. I imagine he'll shine a bit more when he evolves next level and when I receive the Razor Claw/Scope Lens to abuse Sniper + Focus Energy. I'm off to face Norman now; should be straight forward enough with Combusken. I'm keeping Betty unevolved until level 40 for Spore - otherwise Breloom would completely walk him.

Team

256.png

Parisa
Adamant, Lvl 31
Low Sweep, Rock Tomb, Swords Dance, Flame Charge

262.png

Nero
Adamant, Lvl 32
Assurance, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Play Rough

285.png

Betty ♀ @ Toxic Orb
Careful, Lvl 32
Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Facade, Leech Seed

424.png

Setara
Jolly, Lvl 32
Double Hit, Beat Up, Power-Up Punch, Fake Out

116.png

Sterling
Modest, Lvl 31
Brine, Twister, Focus Energy, Smokescreen

Last edited:

Keovix

Got the 5th badge already and now I'm stuck trying to get a Timid Latias, hoping it appears soon.

Edit: I didn't realize you can synchronize this Latias, silly me, gonna transfer one Timid pokemon with the ability.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I left the Weather Institute and walked across a bridge. Shortly after that, my pal Brendan approached me for another battle. My Pokemon had no trouble beating his and he gave me the Fly HM before leaving. I then continued heading north until I reached Fortree City. After healing at the Pokemon Center, I visited all the cool treehouses in the city. One of the treehouses was dedicated to Secret Base stuff and so I ran into Aarune again there. I had a quick battle against him and his Flygon, then left for Route 120.

On Route 120, I fought a few trainers. My Croagunk learned Nasty Plot after levelling up, and then I let it evolve into Toxicroak. After that, I walked onto another bridge and saw Steven again. He gave me the Devon Scope and I used it to find an invisible Kecleon. The Kecleon battled me and I captured it after weakening it with Snorunt. Then, I went to the Scorched Slab below the bridge and spent some time exploring it since it was so much bigger than in the original Hoenn games. When that was done, I returned to Fortree and got rid of the Kecleon that was blocking the way to the Gym.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I continued walking through the Fiery Path and I battled several more wild Pokemon for experience and I also captured a wild Torkoal as I moved around. I saw a boulder nearby as well, but since I couldn't use Strength to push it yet, I instead exited the cave and I battled a Street Thug trainer at Route 111's northern end. After beating his Mightyena with my Combusken, I caught a wild Numel in the tall grass and picked a few Persim and Razz Berries from patches of soil nearby as well. I headed further northeast next and I came across a man named Aarune by a tree. I received the Secret Power TM from him and I entered the Secret Base that he made in a tree. After chatting with Aarune, I decorated the Base a bit.

Shadow_07

Huzzah.
The game happened to come out on my birthday, so I was pretty excited to get it as a gift. I haven't been able to play it much, since I'm basically stuck on the Pokemon selection bag. I've been trying to SR for a shiny Treecko to no avail, but I hope to get it soon as I would like to start my adventure already, haha. It's a rather beautiful shiny, though!
I'm already amazed with the gorgeous graphics. They seem a bit more vivid than XY. I also love how you start the game off playing the GBA version, it's a nice touch!
I'm planning on taking my time with the game to hunt every Pokemon out there, and maybe get a few shinies in the process.

I got OR today, and it took me a bit to get started. I started with a female Timid Torchic first, but I forgot to save directly before selecting my starter, making soft-resetting more tedious. I settled for a female Careful Torchic instead, and progressed with the story as best as I could. I had some trouble training my 'mons at first, Torchic's over-levelled, Ralts is under-levelled, and I spent way too much time DexNavving for Ralts. I finally settled on a female with Telepathy, altho I lucked out on Seedot, nabbing a Lv.5 with Beat Up and a usable nature almost straight away.

I crushed Roxanne with my Combusken, and oddly enough, I also crushed Brawly with the same Pokémon. I guess Peck got a buff since Gen 3, or Makuhita's Def got a nerf, or both. Anyway, I made it to Slateport later on, beat Team Magma at the museum, then placed third in my Ralts' first Cuteness contest. I got the Cosplay Pikachu with Meteor Mash, which will come in handy considering it's stronger than even my Combusken. My battery needs to recharge, so this is a good time to take a breather for the day.

My team so far:

Yara the Combusken, female Lv.23
Blaze
Flame Charge/Double Kick/Rock Tomb/Peck

Isis the Ralts, female Lv.16
Telepathy
Confusion/Disarming Voice/Echoed Voice/Teleport

Fury the Nuzleaf, female Lv.20
Chlorophyll
Razor Leaf/Beat Up/False Swipe/Flash

Mine!? the Wingull, female Lv.16
Keen Eye
Wing Attack/Water Pulse/Echoed Voice/Steel Wing

Cosplay Pikachu, female Lv.25
Lightningrod
Quick Attack/Electro Ball/Thunder Wave/Meteor Mash

Ziggler the Zigzagoon, male Lv.16 (HM slave)
Pickup
Headbutt/Tackle/Cut/Thief

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I flew on patios to save latias. After that I caught a linoone and a kecleon. Then I went to the right and beat the trainers and also explored the berry garden. Then I went to the next route and beat the trainers and caught 2 glooms and a tropius. I also caught a carvanha finally but the first pokemon I fished up was a feebas XD I beat everyone in the weather center, beat Brendan, got to Fortree, and got the Devon scope.
Current team
Rip Tide the marshtomp lv 33
Bruce the gallade lv 32
Poppy the Roselia lv 35
Fiora the skarmary lv 33
Clawsome the anorith lv 31

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
I got my first shiny on my Pokémon Alpha Sapphire! A shiny Zigzagoon!
I was just training my Pokémon just to lv up further before getting my first badge before my class start. But I wasn’t expecting that. I thought it would have taken longer later in game but not that soon.
I just dumbfounded few seconds and then laughed.
I only laughed few seconds when one person passed by saw me did after I was dumbfounded. Just came out a pure luck. I am just started to play that game since few days ago of released. LOL
I am happy enough to have one shiny Pokemon. :)

JD

Recently, I just defeated May and now I'm on my way to Mauville City to get my third gym badge.
Marshtomp 21
Shroomish 22
Electrike 17

MDS777

The name's Riley
Finally started my adventure after 19 hours of soft resetting for a shiny Treecko. Finally got him; he's Gentle Nature and Loves to eat. Battled May, got my Pokedex and DexNav. Just caught the sneak Poochyena with Thunder Fang with a single Pokeball. It ended up being Modest nature, which is pretty bad for Poochyena, but I'll deal with it.

Edit: Caught a Surskit on the way to Petalburg. It had Fell Stinger and is Quiet nature. Helped Wally catch his Ralts and got the PlayNav. Taking my time to visit every building and talk to everyone.

Edit 2: Accidentally soft reset... Lost Surskit in the process. I'll be sure not to do it again. Good thing I wasn't too far behind. Anyways, I saved the Devon researcher in Petalburg Woods and got the exp. share. Immediately turned it off.

252.png
ShinyVIStar.png
Level 12
261.png
Level 9
283.png
Level 5

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught my final team member. A female super luck absol which I named Typhoon. After that I got my team to lv 35 and Typhoon to lv 30. Then I beat Winona who was easy except for her stupid altaria. Ugh it kept using roost DX now I'm on my way to Lilycove city.
Current team
Rip Tide the swampert lv 36
Bruce the ballade lv 35
Poppy the Roselia lv 35
Fiora the skarmary lv 35
Clawsome the anorith lv 35
Typhoon the absol lv 32

mewtwos

Smell ya later!
While chaining on route 104, I found a shiny Taillow :) I'm not sure if it was related to the chain, or just pure luck.