• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wally and I left Petalburg City and headed back to Mauville City together. I quickly visited the local Pokemon Center and healed my team before finally setting out to Route 118 east of Mauville City. Once at Route 118, I rode my Mach Bike and battled an Aroma Lady and beat her Grass-types with Swellow and then I picked up a Stardust in the sand and slayed a Guitarist and Fisherman by the shore. I taught Surf to my Pelipper right away and I Surfed across the stream and I arrived at the other side and I battled Gabby and Ty again. After crushing their Loudred and Magneton with my Nuzleaf and Blaziken, I walked further east and came across Steven again and Latias arrived and we set off to Southern Island on it.

Ice Lock

Hello!
Well, I've had a very positive start to my game which really pleases me. Not to mention already getting most of my planned team members ready before the first gym.

I've picked up my 10 extra pokeballs from the demo and I'll be picking up the 10 heal balls tomorrow and then the nugget after that. Speaking of pokeballs and nuggets, I caught a zigzagoon which has been a very handy team member with his pick up ability, since he has found some great balls, ultra balls and a nugget which has already made life a lot easier. I also caught a ralts just before meeting up with Wally and helping him capture his first pokemon. I then headed towards Petalburg woods to capture a shroomish and while there I've been training all of my pokemon up to level 16 (An old habit since gen 1 before going to the first gym).

Time to move on to rustbuto and battle Roxie for my first gym badage and then call it a night.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Just passed 500 SR's for a shiny Cresselia.
Also did over 400 SR's for a shiny Regice earlier. Did not find one yet.
All that was after my about 80 SR's for a shiny Registeel. That one I did find and catch this morning.
All this was after my successful shiny Zekrom SR yesterday.

I have never been much for SR'ing, but I have come to enjoy it lately.
I had finished the main game days ago, and I have been doing mostly postgame stuff ever since. I hope to get more SR'ed shiny legendaries soon.
I might play my Omega Ruby version through and then SR for some OR exclusive shiny legendaries.

Aquarelle

Staff member
After getting the HM for Dive, I Surfed in the ocean around Mossdeep some more in order to look for Dive spots. I found several of them and dove down to the seafloor to look around. I swam through some seaweed and encountered a wild Relicanth, which I was able to eventually capture after it broke out of a few balls. There were some trainers down there too, which was pretty cool, so I had some underwater trainer battles. I also stopped by Sootopolis City briefly because I really wanted to hear the music there.

Once I was done with all that, I went over to the Seafloor Cavern. There were a bunch of Team Aqua Grunts for me to beat up there and I had to do some Strength puzzles as well. I found the Earthquake TM near the end and taught it to Glalie, then entered the final room. In there, I saw Archie and Maxie in front of a pool of water with Kyogre in it. I went up to them and battled Archie again. I defeated his first three Pokemon with Exploud and Gothitelle, then switched to Glalie to go against Sharpedo. We both Mega Evolved our Pokemon and Glalie defeated Sharpedo after a couple Earthquake attacks.

When that battle was over, Kyogre was awakened and rose up from the sea. The rest of us then went up to the surface and saw that it was raining like crazy. Steven flew in after that and told me to head on over to Sootopolis.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Advertised Rydel's bikes to some people, allowing me to get both at the same time. Then I searched for a few mega stones and tms. Lastly, I resumed work on my living dex. A pretty productive day, but this dex is proving to be a daunting task...

Hasty

Moonside
Just got my game yesterday. :) The graphic is really nice, and the character models are cute, lol.
Last thing I did was meeting Dad and Wally in Petalburg City and helping Wally catch Ralts. Now I'm back on route 102 and try to get Surskit with Hydro Pump for my team (I've seen every Egg move on wild Surskit already, except not Hydro Pump... really bad luck ._.).

Team:

252.gif
Lv 11
Searching for:
283.gif
(with Hydro Pump)

Darato

(o,..,o)
Haven't had as much time to play as I'd like with different things going on, but at Walton with a Combskin and Kirlia both at LV. 20.

L F.D.

Virtual Headache

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I started my game yesterday and picked Treecko. I was very impatient with catching Pokémon, getting my first Pokéballs took so long. I am currently in Petalburg Woods and already battled the first Team magma grunt. Playing with the DexNav has certainly taken a lot of time and makes me reconsider what Pokémon I may use in my team (because I keep finding better ones of the species in question).

DarkerShining

Alpha Sapphire: Got this game yesterday. Started out, and chose Mudkip as my starter. After beating my rival and getting the Pokédex, I transferred over a Fennekin I had kept in Pokémon Bank, specifically for this game, as well as downloading the shiny Beldum. Along with a Poochyena with Fire Fang and a Zigzagoon with the Pick-Up ability, I helped Wally catch his Ralts and moved on to Rustboro. On my way, I planted a few berries, and after getting the Wailmer Pail, I went back to water the ones I had already planted. Of course, this was after dealing with that Team Aqua Grunt in Petalburg Forest. Along the way I also explored the functions of the DexNav, and I feel I understand it pretty well now.

After all that, I explored Rustboro for a bit, getting the HM01, among other things, and eventually challenged Roxanne and got my first badge. After that, I once again had to deal with Team Aqua. I taught my Zigzagoon how to use Cut, and kept on going, cutting down trees to reach certain items on my way. Rescued Peeko and got the Devon Parts back, and after returning them, got the BuzzNav and the letter for Steven.

Today, I've made my way to Dewford, after picking up the berries I had planted on Route 102. The Oran and Pecha tree I planted there gave me 12 berries each, and after that I planted a Cheri and a Chesto berry in their places. Explored Dewford, got a Silk Scarf and the Old Rod, and eventually challenged the gym. Brawly managed to defeat three of my Pokémon, but in the end I beat him with Makit the Makuhita, that I traded a Slakoth for back in Rustboro before I moved on to Dewford. Now having two badges, I made my way to Granite Cave and met with Steven. Delivered the letter, got the Steel Wing TM.

I've now made it to Slateport, and I'm currently challenging the trainers on the beach of Route 109 in order to level up my current team a little.

Current team:

Mudkip, level 15.
Fennekin, level 13.
Beldum, level 12.
Zigzagoon, level 12.
Makuhita, level 13.
Poochyena, level 11.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Got three badges now.

Cereberus L25 Mightyena
Tyla L25 Grovyle
Kira L28 Marshtomp
Combusken L28
Teyla L28 Swellow
Metang L26

Aetius

Yesterday, thanks to a friend here on Serebii, I've traded over to AS the Pokèmon I bred in X.
After that I trained them a lot, in order to match Roxanne's Pokèmon's levels.
Right now my team is as it follows (mixed some Pokèmon from my main and back-up teams):

Poochyena LV.12
Carvanha LV. 12
Numel LV.12
Aron LV. 12
Bagon LV. 12
Meditite LV. 12

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Obtained the game this morning and named Mudkip "Aqua" after the first Mudkip I chose in Sapphire. After that, I downloaded the shiny Beldum and caught a Fire Fang Poochyena via the DexNav tutorial. Played with said DexNav for a bit before moving on to Rustboro.
After beating Roxanne and rescuing Peeko, I headed for Dewford. I'm currently in Dewford Gym.

Current team:
Mudkip lv.14
Beldum lv.13
Taillow lv.13 (not final)

DarkerShining

Alpha Sapphire: While battling the trainers and getting myself some free Soda Pop at the house on Route 109, my Mudkip evolved into a Marshtomp. After exploring the rest of Slateport, I went to look for Captain Stern, and was told to head to the museum. Team Aqua was there, and after getting the Thief TM from one of them, I headed upstairs and met with Stern. After fighting two Aqua grunts, one of them being the "27th-strongest" in the team, Archie showed up and explained a bit about his motivations before they all left. After sorting all that out, I met Lisia in front of the Contest Hall, and got my Contest Pass and Pokéblock Kit. After that, I pretty much decided to take some time to try out different contests to get certain items from the fans, namely berries. Oh, and I got the Cosplay Pikachu as well.

I'm currently checking out the nearby Routes to train my team some more, and right now I'm in the Trick House, letting my Zigzagoon deal with cutting down the trees in there as I make my way through the maze.

Current team:

Marshtomp, level 20.
Zigzagoon, level 15.
Fennekin, level 15.
Makuhita, level 14.
Poochyena, level 14.
Beldum, level 13.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
After rescuing Professor Cosmo from Team Aqua I followed them to Mt. Chimney, where Archie told me almost everything about his plan (something about Mega Stones, it was kind of confusing). Then I went to Lavaridge and Henry easily destroyed Flannery. After May gave me the Go-Goggles I immediately headed to the desert to catch a Trapinch. I DexNaved for a while until I found a particularly good one with Earth Power, and then went to battle my father. One thing I find strange is how May always comes along to take you exactly where you need to go. Anyway, once I beat Norman (dat Retaliate tho) I used Surf to cross Route 118 and received the Good Rod and backtracked to Petalburg to catch a Corphish (I seem to be doing this a lot). Took me about 30 minutes to finally find a Corphish (darn 5% encounter rate), but Mr. Krabs is finally mine!

;253; Junior
@Miracle Seed
-Mega Drain
-Leaf Blade
-Pursuit
-Quick Attack

;279; Henry
@Quick Claw
-Brine
-Air Cutter
-Echoed Voice
-Protect

;304; Iron
@Expert Belt
-Iron Head
-Rock Slide
-Protect
-Take Down

;328; Mothra
Flygon looks kinda like Mothra, right?
@Soft Sand
-Earth Power
-Crunch
-Strength
-Sandstorm

;341; Mr. Krabs
I really hope I don't have to explain this nickname.
@ nothing
-Surf
-Protect
-Double Hit
-Knock Off

AD95

almost had my 5IV latias !!!

(30,31 / 30,31/ 5 / 30,31/ 30,31/ 30,31

The defense destroyed this whole latias, so i soft reset again...

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
Only got the game today, but I'm still quite far all things considered. Already thwarted Team Magma's Slateport siege, and I'm about to depart to Mauville City for the next gym. Triggered the Diancie and Beldum events, and just grabbed some random scraps that happened to be in Pokemon Bank.

Team;

Grovyle (Lvl 22)
Surskit (Lvl 15)
Zigzagoon (Lvl 14)
Beldum (Lvl 15)
Feebas (Lvl 13)
Litwick (Lvl 18)

AD95

After 2.5 hours of soft resetting, finally, my timid 5iv latias.

30-31, 24-29, 30-31, 30,31 , 30-31, 30,31

checked it in Pokemon X at the IV judge. Outstanding in everything except Attack. Awesome!

Last edited:
I got the game the day it came out. Now, a little more than a week later, I just reached Mt. Pyre. Probably the most exciting thing that happened on the way to the mountain was when I made a quick stop in scorched slab to fish for a barboach. I was pleasantly surprised to find a shiny magikarp on the fifth reel-in! Though, I'm probably going to offer it up on the GTS at some point, because I'm not real crazy about red gyarados...

Team:
Sceptile (lv. 45)
Gardevoir (lv. 45)
Shiny Metagross (lv. 45)
Latias (lv. 43)
Milotic (lv. 44)
Crawdaunt (lv. 31)

DarkerShining

Alpha Sapphire: Made it through the Trick House and got the TM12. Then I continued exploring Route 110 and challenged Brendan. My Fennekin evolved along the way, and eventually I reached Mauville. I've been exploring the city, since there's so much more than in the original games. Got two new O-Powers from Giddy, got the Mach Bike and gathered a few more items, including a few TMs along the way. Had a battle against Wally, which I won easily since he for some reason had his Ralts use Teleport on his first two turns. Got the Rock Smash HM. Also found the closed Game Corner, and got the three starter dolls. I'm not ready to challenge the gym just yet. First, I think I'll check out Cycling Road and get some more training done.

My current team:

Marshtomp, level 20.
Braixen, level 17.
Makuhita, level 17.
Poochyena, level 15.
Zigzagoon, level 15.
Beldum, level 15.