• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After finally slaying Gym Leader Winona, I received the coveted Feather Badge and Roost TM from her and I headed back outside afterwards. I healed my team at the local Pokemon Center next and then I headed back to Route 120 and walked through puddles in the rainy area as I wandered south. I battled a Ninja Boy and Parasol Lady nearby as well and I picked Wepear, Aspear and Pinap Berries close by as well. I beat a female Ace Trainer and her Milotic next with my Nuzleaf and then I walked through a small labyrinth of tall grass and caught a wild Gloom there. I battled more Pokemon and picked up a Light Ball after passing a lake. I battled and beat a Bug Maniac next and also a Ruin Maniac by the Ancient Tomb.

I got my Manectric, Gardevoir, Blaziken, and Shiftry to Lv.100! Blaziken was the first to hit the mark, followed by Gardy, then Manectric, and finally, Shiftry. I also got my Metagross to Lv.86, and my Milotic to Lv.73. I found a couple of Lucky Eggs off some DexNavved Pelipper in Lilycove (making sure to delete Surf off my Sharpedo first, since he's also my Thief user) and I've been spamming the E4 with O-Powers on to grind EXP. On a related note, I love how you can skip the end credits with the A button! Considering there are literally no other good spots to farm EXP or money, I'm glad the programmers did us this small, time-saving favor.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I finally arrived in fallarbor town. I was later told to go to meteorite falls. I then decided that with this exp share on I can raise my entire team already instead of adding 1 pokemon in after every badge. I went on and ev trained my Charmeleon and female nidoran. Charmeleon is the same level as the rest of my team so I don't have to train him up any. Nidoran is only level 4 so I will spend some time level training her next. My team is all level 30-31 with the exception of nidoran.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Haven't done much in game today, might do some training tonight. Had some real luck at McDonalds's Nintendo Zone, got a hold of an Eon Ticket on OR and AS. Was really surprised too, glad that it worked out :). I'm hoping to pass it on to others.

AmphyLucky13

Purduuuu Says Amphy
Hi guys, wasn't sure where to put this, but since I received help from someone on the help thread and did some trial and error with that help I created a Contest Move-Set for one of our Hoenn region Pokemon: Masquerain!

Notes: With Max PokeBlock Stat, You Will Always Go First In The Talent Round.

Here it is if anyone feels like playing Masquerain on ORAS (And Must Have Max PokeBlock Stat In These Categories Though):

Beauty Contest Set (Normal Through Master Rank):

-Water Pulse Or Flash - 1st and/or 3rd Move (Makes Audience Expect Little Of Other Contestants) (Has 3 Hearts)
-Energy Ball - 2nd Move (Quite An Appealing Move) (Has 4 Hearts)
-Giga Drain - 3rd/4th Move (Badly Startles All Pokemon That Successfully Showed Their Appeal) (1 Heart, But Has 4 Jam Hearts Which Minuses Any Hearts From The Previous Pokemon In The Order)
-Hyper Beam - 5th Move (Startles All Pokemon That Went Before The User) (Has A Decent Amount Of Hearts, Even Though It's A Cool Move)

And Another One I Just Did With Masquerain:

Tough Contest Set (Normal Through Master Rank):

-Scald - 1st (Makes The Remaining Pokemon Nervous) (2 Hearts)
-Thief - 2nd/3rd (Shows Off The Pokemon Appeal About As Well As The Move Used Just Before It) (1 Heart + More Added From Last Move On Last Pokemon That Went)
-Giga Drain - Depends What Kind Of Situation You're In, This one is a Clever Move But Once Again, It Has 4 Jam Hearts (Badly Startles The Last Pokemon To Act Before The User)
-Giga Impact - 4th and/or 5th (Startles All Other Pokemon, User Cannot Act In The Next Turn) (4 Hearts, 4 Jam Hearts) Basically The Tough Version Of Hyper Beam But It Depends What Order You're In On The 5th Round

Final Notes: These Sets Work Great, Order Isn't Always Accurate Though Since It Varies And Mostly Just Wanted To Help. :)

Aquarelle

Staff member
Before I go through Victory Road, I'm busy exploring the remaining places around Hoenn that I didn't go to during the main story. I started by going to all the Dive spots around Sootopolis and the routes below it. I dove underwater in those spots and battled some more divers. After that, I returned to the surface for good and continued Surfing towards Pacifidlog Town. Once there, I healed my team at the Pokemon Center and then started looking around the town. I obtained the Return TM from someone and taught it to my Glalie.

When I was done with that town, I used Surf again and entered the section of the sea with the fast moving currents. I spent quite a long time on these routes since I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. I found some items, battled several trainers, and found the Sealed Chamber. Next, I flew back over to Dewford Town and started exploring the water routes in that part of the region.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
After finishing Delta Episode, I ended up in my room in Littleroot Town. Dad just finished telling me about the Battle Resort, so I went to Slateport to ride the S.S Tidal (with Wally!). Saw Team Magma's Boss and Admins and lol'd to their reactions of Wally calling them 'sir and madam'. Also got Cameruptite! :D Afterwards, went exploring through the Battle Resort (battling the Trainers outside the Battle Maison), and found Looker who (surprise surprise) lost his memory. :( I don't know if there's a sidequest for him, but I'm itching to do it to find out why he lost his memory. Currently, just exploring the region as a whole as there are still some places I haven't seen...

slowdude

Bad news straight away in my creeplocke Omega Ruby play through. The plusle/minun trainer on route 110 killed my Tailow and Zigzagoon. On the way back to slaterport to bury my fallen comrades i creeped up and captured a Minun. Brendan's Combusken killed my entire team.

Well this was a failed play through. Time to shove 30 boxes of junk from X and Alpha Sapphire via pokebank and try again. Will do a Wonderlocke next play through.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Finished Delta mission, it was longer then I expected after hearing some of the comments about it. Needed two tries because I 1-hit KOed Deoxys the first time. Apparently I'm supposed to go to the resort now, which is not on the map?

Current Team
Vulpix, Wildfire (F - 59)

Chikorita (M - 5)

Chespin (M - 1) - Now I just need 3 more grass starters...

Linoone, Zuthara (M - 67)

Sceptile, Yoh (M - 70)

Azumarill, Eddie (M - 72) - why man? why are there so many dragons for you to slay?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Got my game Saturday night, played it on and off since then and have finished the Cave of Origin arc. Which can I just say was WOW? I mean, the moment from stepping out of Mossdeep Gym up until the end of the Cave of Origin arc, I was so happy. It was such a glorious period of the game. I'm not sure how it was in AS, but in OR I thought it was great. Possibly the best moment in a Pokémon game ever, especially when the stuff was falling from the sky and you saw your mum and Professor Birch, then Wally etc. it was beautiful.

Just gone to Sea Mauville and now I'm going around just battling everyone and anyone leveling up my team ready for the last Gym and then League.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I killed Primal Kyogre!! NUUU!!! I was hoping that I'd get a second shot at it post game but I don't know...I really wanted to try him out.

DarkerShining

Alpha Sapphire: Made a bit more progress, meeting Aarune and having my first secret base in this game made. My Beldum evolved into Metang as I went along. Got the Soot Sack and found the Double Team TM on Route 113, and made it to Fallarbor Town. Met with Brendan, who told me that Professor Cozmo had been abducted by Team Aqua, which I heard about earlier on the BuzzNav. Will head to Meteor Falls to catch up to him once I've explored the town for a bit.

My current team:

Marshtomp, level 26.
Braixen, level 23.
Linoone, level 21.
Mightyena, level 21.
Metang, level 21.
Makuhita, level 20.

I killed Primal Kyogre!! NUUU!!! I was hoping that I'd get a second shot at it post game but I don't know...I really wanted to try him out.

Don't worry, he'll respawn once you beat the E4. From B1F of Cave of Origin, go thru the left door that's been freshly opened up, instead of climbing down to the bottom like you did during the story. It's a straight path down several flights of stairs to where Kyogre rests, you can't miss him.

As for me, I got super-ultra-lucky this morning, and found a Mirage Forest swarming with Audino! It took me about two hours to grind my Metagross and Milotic to Lv.100, so that rounds out my team! I'm not gonna go after legendaries, I got my free gift Latios, my forced-capture Rayquayquay, and my Master Ball Deoxys... that's all I need.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Trying to get to Pacifilodge Town, can't find the pathway!!

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Transferred my living PokeDex over to OR from Bank only to discover that I do need Deoxys to complete the National Dex and obtain the Shiny Charm, meaning I'm going to have to try my luck with the GTS as I don't want to catch my own yet as I want to SR for a shiny one. I'm wondering if it's possible to catch it, release it and then re-catch it, but I'm scared to try in case it isn't and I lose it forever. I never had my own Deoxys and would be upset if that happened.

After transferring them all back to Bank and sending over my 4 6IV Ditto and my 6IV Smeargle, all for breeding, I decided to head to Meteor Falls to catch a female HA Bagon so I could breed for a good one to try out Mega Salamence. After stocking up on Great Balls I headed out, picking up the Salamencite first. No luck with finding one so I put the hunt on hold and headed to the Battle Maison to get the BP I needed to teach my Zapdos Heat Wave.

After doing so I decided to try my luck at Super Multi again only for my Pokemon to be put eternally to sleep, by Hypnosis, or have my Mega Lopunny burned while Maxie's Mega Camerupt was constantly nailed with Critical Hits and Crobat got fully paralysed every turn or burned as well. I remember why I hate this place now. I think my game decides to let me have good luck till I start getting a decent streak before deciding to play dirty and screw me over. My opponents get first turn wakes all the time and always seem to have teams that counter mine perfectly. Not sure if I just want to use my old XY team or breed for new Pokemon in OR. So hard to decide.

I'm going to continue hunting for my HA female Bagon but I think I'm going to hunt for a HA Skrelp first as I really want to try one out. Not got a very high search level for them yet so it might take me awhile. Also need to decide on which PokeBall Dragalge would look best in. Leaning towards a Heal Ball but suggestions are welcome.

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
Managed to beat Wattson using only my L27 Grovyle. I'd forgotten what team he used (besides Magneton) so I assumed it was going to be something like Electrike out first. When Magnemite was sent out I decided to just go with it.

Got a critical hit with Leaf Blade which activated Sturdy, while Magnemite paralysed me. Next turn, Wattson used a Super Potion while I used Mega Drain to knock it back into the yellow. I then get outsped and Magnemite Volt Switches to Magneton who gets hit by Mega Drain. It then proceeds to miss all of its Supersonic's while I slowly KO it with Leaf Blade. Magnemite comes back out, immediately switches to Voltorb who loses half its health to Mega Drain. I then get fully paralysed a couple of turns in a row while Voltorb just uses Charge. When I get to knock it out, Magnemite comes back in and goes down quickly.

Just caught a Numel and a Torkoal as I couldn't decide which one to use. :p So going with both for the time being. Backtracked to clear out the Cycling Road before going back up to Route 112 where I'm clearing out trainers right now.

Current team:
Barb- Grovyle L31
Buster- Mightyena L29
Fizz- Swellow L30
Zigzag- Linoone L27
Rooney- Numel L19
Figit- Torkoal L19

Still not very happy with my team, though. It feels very dull.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I have entered the Seafloor Cavern about half an hour ago. I got most of my team from Pokémon Y, so they grew pretty fast. As a result i K.O'ed Liza and Tate with just one attack for each of their Pokémon. Sceptile (shiny), Blaziken, Swampert, (shiny) Metagross, Sableye and Latios are on my team and are between lv.50 and lv.53 but i plan to make room for Groudon. The game is very, VERY good so far. The GTS helped me out too, i got many Pokémon there i can't catch on Omega Ruby. I look forward to exploring Sootopolis City soon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I finally arrived at Route 121 and I harvested some Berries after beating a Hex Maniac and a Beauty as well as battling a few wild Pokemon in the tall grass there. I soon encountered a small group of Team Magma grunts and I saw them head south toward Mt. Pyre. I used Cut to remove a skinny tree afterwards and I entered the Safari Zone building and got the Dream Eater TM from a man inside, then I gained access into the Safari Zone itself. I battled and caught a wild Psyduck, Doduo and Pikachu and I picked up a Nugget and Big Pearl nearby as well. I Surfed after riding around and got the Solar Beam TM, then I left the Safari Zone and battled a Teammate duo and I saved before heading towards Lilycove City.