• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Ice Lock

Hello!
Been a while since the last entry.

I've battled with noman, the normal type gym leader in petalburg. The battle was pretty one sided thanks to my trusty Breloom whom had some fighting moves to deal with all his pokemon. After obtaining the badge, I met up with Wally whom has been getting a lot more healthy and a lot more confident in himself since he has started his journey. Wally's Father thanked me for helping him out in the past and has rewarded me with the surf HM. I decided to pick up a sharpedo from the GTS, knowning that the speed boost you get while surfing on it will no doubt be useful for the rest of the game.

I am now at southern island, currently protecting Latias from Team Aqua and SRing for the right nature and IVs, no luck so far and sadly this is not a optional quest either. This may take awhile before I get what I need and then I'll need to press on to Fortee city.

Current Hoenn dex: Caught 93, Seen 113.

Team members:

Swampert
Linoone (HM slave)
Gardevoir
Breloom
Crobat
Ninetails (Obtained from a friend and was originally going to be camerupt, but I needed to get something to keep up with my team)
Sharpedo (Surf, Dive and Waterfall slave where needed)

Last edited:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I set off from Fortree City and headed down Route 120 and 121. I stopped off in the Safari Zone on the way and caught a few Pokemon. I saw Team Aqua on their way to Mt Pyre, but I stopped in Lilycove City first. May met up with me and we had a battle, which I won. I explored the city first, winning a Hyper Rank Coolness contest with my Swellow! I then headed off to Route 122 and 123. I explored them and then returned to Mt Pyre, where I made my way up (catching a Meditite for my team along the way!) and eventually confronted Team Aqua!

Archie stole the Blue Orb, so the couple who look after the orbs gave me the Red Orb to keep safe. I then chased Team Aqua to their hideout in Lilycove, but Archie and the submarine got away. I then carried on to Mossdeep City. I explored the city and challenged the gym, earning my 7th badge! After my gym battle a huge beam shot out of the ocean. Steven Stone was there and talked to me about what it could mean, asking me to use HM Dive to try and find out what was happening.

Badges: 7

Current team:
Sceptile ~ Level 56
Swellow ~ Level 52
Beautifly ~ Level 52
Mightyena ~ Level 54
Manectric ~ Level 50
Aggron ~ Level 53
Meditite ~ Level 35
Linoone (HMs) ~ Level 45

Last edited:
So I decided to scrap Milotic and return Pelipper to my team. I've been pleased with her performance for a long time, and after my horrible luck trying to breed the right Feebas, I figured, why waste time on an unreliable newbie when I can return a faithful teammate to my active roster? I got her to Lv.100 on that Audino island I found, and I've been grinding the E4 for money ever since.

Since then, I've been messing more with my secret base, scanning peoples' QR codes and recruiting secret pals. I scanned Serebii's base, it's definitely, umm... Interesting.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Finished both games story and post story, went to Auckland to get Eon Tickets, catch the eon pokemon in southern island and busy looking for Cresselia. Having trouble finding her for some reason.

aguilas_hhh

A critical hit!
Complete Mt. Pyre after 2 days. My team
Blaziken LV 38
Gardevoir LV37
Manectric LV37
Altaria LV37
Milotic LV 35
Shuppet LV41

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I went to the battle resort. There I beat some of the trainers and evolved my wailmer. I also caught a mantine, mantyke, and a remoraid. Finally I caught regirock who was pretty difficult.

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
Defeated Winona with ease, it helped I had Rock Slide and two electric types. Now I'm exploring routes 120 and 121, need to catch an Absol, and I got the Mega Stone for Swampert!

So far my team consists of....

Lombre (Boricua) Lvl. 39.... I DexNav'd the hell out of this guy to get one with Leech Seed & Rain Dish; he also has 2 IV's. Almost Ludicolo time.
Rain Dish. Miracle Seed. Quiet.
- Leech Seed
- Flash
- Giga Drain
- Rain Dance

Jirachi Lvl. 39.... Not nick-nameable unfortunately due to being an event but it is the Jirachi with Draco Meteor! Did a bunch of horde EV training on Route 110 with this fella. Magnemite and Plusle hordes are great for fast, special sweepers like my Jirachi.
Serene Grace. Expert Belt. Timid.
- Wish
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Draco Meteor

Swampert (☔2MuchWater☔) Lvl. 40.... Mega Evolve and Swift Swim abuse makes him very fun! Dig and Toxic is fun to cripple teams and when you throw in a Rock Slide flinch it is great.
Torrent. Swampertite. Quirky.
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Rain Dance
- Dig

Minun (Korra) Lvl. 40.... Having AS Minun was a pain to find, especially a female! I was bummed I couldn't DexNav for one but didn't need any of her egg moves anyway or her HA. She is going to be my annoyer lead. Absolutely in love with these two twins.
Minus. Rocky Helmet. Brave.
- Volt Switch
- Nuzzle
- Trump Card
- Encore

Plusle (Asami) Lvl. 40.... I think my search count on DexNav is almost 150 for Plusle. I spent forever trying to get one with good potential, HA, and the egg move wish. I then decided I didn't need wish as Plusle would be my Baton Passing special sweeper with rain set up. Her move set is almost complete. Question, why is Agility a psychic type move?
Lighting Rod. Magnet. Lax.
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Volt Switch
- Rain Dance

Figured out my sixth teammate! It will be the adorable Castform and will mainly be in rain form! Move set will be Hex, Weather Ball, Hurricane, and Thunder Wave... I don't know what item to give him yet, he wil be a male and nicknamed Reefa in honor of Israel Hernandez, a victim of police brutality, and to ents everywhere, hint he is a cloud and look at his BST number ;). In order to get Hex I have to breed my female Castform from the Weather Institute with a male Shuppet I am going to catch on the next route.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
(edit: Well, Serebii's berry page is up, and it seems to contradict my findings below... hmmm, maybe I've just been lucky.)

Went to the battle resort. Not terribly impressed (not that I was expecting to be), but there's single type battles and a few familiar faces, so that's cool.

Continuing my pokeblock recipe research. It appear some berries will yield pokeblocks+ all/most the time, and some will yield them some of the time. It is possible that all berries can produce pokeblocks+ some of the time, and all may produce normal pokeblocks some of the time, but the likelihood for each varies by berry.

Three good berries and one okay berry of the same color makes normal pokeblocks. Two each of good berries makes pokeblocks+.

Rainbow pokeblocks+ (Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, & Rawst)
(Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, & Aspear)
(Occa, Pecha, Honeydew, & Yache)
(Passho, Wacan, Rindo, & Chople sometimes)

Red pokeblock+ (Occa, Haban, Pomeg sometimes, Razz sometimes, Tamato sometimes, Payapa sometimes)
Pink pokeblock+ (Pecha, Kasib, Persim sometimes)
Green pokeblock+ (Honeydew, Rawst, Rindo, Kebia, Babiri, Lum sometimes)
Blue pokeblock+ (Yache, Coba, Kelpsy, Oran sometimes, Chesto sometimes, Passho sometimes)
Yellow pokeblock+ ( Grepa, Charti, Sitrus sometimes, Aspear sometimes, Shuca sometimes, Chilan sometimes)

You can max out all contest stats, using 16 rainbow pokeblocks+, with each subsequent pokeblock adding less to the stats then the one before. And the pokemon will keep eating with all stats maxed.

Last edited:

Bokk

I defeated Maxie at Mt. Chimney and obtained the meteorite. I then headed to Lavaridge town through jagged pass. Machop evolved. I reached Lavaridge and explored the small town. I agreed to take care of an egg offered to me by an old woman at the hot springs. I navigated the gym and challenged Flannery. I defeated her with my new Machoke and Kirlia. I received the heat badge and TM 50 - Overheat. As I returned to the Pokémon center, I ran into May. She gave me the go-goggles for the desert. I returned to Mauville to switch bike and learned a new o-power. I returned to the trick house to do what I could there, then made my way to the desert. I caught a Trapinch and added him to my team. I then picked up the claw fossil before moving on.

slowdude

After soft resetting omega ruby for four hours without a shiny Treecko....
:(

Anyway bred two boxes of 2-5 iv failed Snealsel's that i shall wonder trade at some point. Got five 5IV ones that are not failures which i will keep for myself. Could not get a 6 IV one surprisingly.

Now the process of getting destiny bond onto a houndour begins. Qwilfish - inkay - delibird - houndour. After Houndour gets Destiny Bond i will breed up one with 5-6 IV's, mass produce them and then after i get 3 boxes overall i shall send the Snealsel's and Houndour's out into the world.

Then i will have so many poke'miles.... Muhahahahahahahaha.

Well last night i caught Rayquaza with just one ultra ball. He had the jolly nature I synchronised on it and it had max atk. and speed ivs, along with max sp. atk which is sort of redundant. I then wrecked deoxys with a crit Dragon Ascent so i could get him at a later date. So basically I cleared the delta episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I quickly traveled through Route 123 and after passing through Mauville City and traveling south on Seaside Cycling Road, I arrived back in Slateport City. I visited the harbor afterwards and saw Captain Stern being interviewed, then Team Magma made an announcement. I quickly rushed into the harbor building and saw Maxie and Tabitha. They stole the submarine and battled against two Team Magma grunts afterwards. After beating them, I returned to Lilycove City and I headed over to Team Magma Hideout. I warped around via panels and I battled several Team Magma grunts as I searched for the stolen submarine. I eventually battled five Team Magma grunts all at once and afterwards I saved my game.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I visited several of the Secret Bases I got through Streetpass earlier. I had some trainer battles in these bases in order to train my Pokemon a bit more. Once every Pokemon on my team was at least level 56, I returned to the Pokemon League building. After spending some of my money on healing items, I started my Elite Four challenge.

My first opponent was Sidney and I sent out my Toxicroak against his Mightyena. I began setting up some Nasty Plot boosts while Mightyena mostly Swaggered me. I healed away the confusion and then swept through Sidney's entire team. After that battle, I moved into Phoebe's room. My Skarmory went up against her Dusclops and eventually defeated it thanks to damage from Toxic and Curse. I then switched over to Glalie and Mega Evolved while up against Dusknoir. Glalie was then able to OHKO the rest of Phoebe's team with Return and Crunch.

In the next room, I fought Glacia. Skarmory was still my lead and I had it lay down Stealth Rock before killing Glacia's Glalie. My Whiscash then defeated both Froslass using its Earthquake attack while Exploud's Flamethrower took out the other Glalie. Then, Gothitelle surprised me by being strong enough to KO Walrein with Energy Ball after it took Stealth Rock damage. Next, I had a battle against Drake and defeated his Dragon types using my Glalie and Exploud's Ice Beam.

Finally, I reached the final battle against Steven. We both started with Skarmory and I had mine use Stealth Rock again while his hit me with a Steel Wing attack that totally hurt (not really...). I switched to Whiscash on the next turn and then began setting up Dragon Dance. When I had five boosts, I used Waterfall, but Skarmory survived with yellow HP so I went for one more boost and then finished it off. Thanks to all my stat boosts, Whiscash then destroyed the rest of Steven's team.

After defeating Steven, Brendan and Prof. Birch arrived to congratulate me and stuff. I was entered into the Hall of Fame and then the credits were shown. Near the end of the credits, Brendan asked me to battle him again and I did.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Got my Alpha Sapphire order yesterday and still playing. The game is awesome!!!

Ahem, I got the first two badges, participated in my first contest in Slateport (landed 2nd place), got the cosplay Pikachu and now I'm in Route 110. I also downloaded the shiny Beldum, and has been an ace when it comes to catching Pokémon, since my main one Marshtomp is overleveled for this job. Yay for Hold Back!

Now, I noticed two things regarding the game mechanics. First, the EXP mechanic seems to work like it did before B/W (after playing through X/Y, I have mixed feelings about this.) And second, remember when Magikarps didn't give much EXP upon defeat? Well, OR/AS has taken this to a whole new level (literally), which I welcome. Don't know however if the Magikap thing is also in X/Y, so I would be greateful if someone could inform me on this.

Rakurai

Made my way past the third gym.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of disabling the EXP Share sooner, because all of my Pokemon were already 10 levels higher then those of the normal trainers at that point. I'm considering just trying to solo as much of the game as possible using my Deino, because she needs the extra EXP if I want a Hydreigon by the time I reach the Elite 4.

slowdude

After hatching a 31/31/31/31/31/0 Houndour and giving the special one a special name to make it stand out when i toss it into the wild yonder I decided to send my one and a half boxes of **** ditto's out into the wild yonder (as they were all 2-3 iv). Still have 1.5 boxes of Houndours to breed before i trade my 5 boxes of Sneasel's/Houndour's out into the wild yonder.

DarkerShining

Alpha Sapphire: Made my way up to Mt. Chimney and fought against Team Aqua. Beat Shelly, and made my way over to Archie. Managed to beat him as well, and got the Meteorite back. After he left, Maxie approached me. After talking for a few moments, he left as well. Then I discovered that the old woman who sold Lava Cookies in the original games apparently no longer sells them as she healed up my team instead. After that, I headed down the Jagged Pass and finally arrived in Lavaridge City. I may need to head back to Mauville and switch my Mach Bike out for the Acro Bike so I can explore more of Jagged Pass.

Current team:

Marshtomp, level 29.
Braixen, level 26.
Linoone, level 26.
Hariyama, level 25.
Mightyena, level 24.
Metang, level 24.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Got lucky with the Trick House, as i didnt see any indication of where the dude was hiding in the first room. Unfortunatly though, i forgot i would need cut. On my way back to slateport i ran into a Voltorb. This surprised me as i didnt think Voltorb were anywhere in Hoenn but New Mauville. After completing the Trick house, i headed over to the other side of Route 103. Had some trouble with a Roselia, but things went smooth otherwise. Eventually made it up to Brendan on Route 110. Thing went very badly here for PopStar as she was 1HKO'd by Brendan's Slugma. After that i lost all faith in him, until he evolved to Loudred further on. After he learned Stomp and Bite, PopStar was doing great in battles. Once I reached Mauville, I got lost, like i seem to do in all "Big cities" in pokemon. Accidentally ran into Wally on my search for the Pokecenter. PopStar OHKO'd his Ralts with a Bite. Along my search i also Found the Bike Shop and got the Mach Bike. Turns out the Pokemart and Pokecenter are in the Center on town. Headed right back to Wattson's gym after healing up. Hulk swept though the gym with Mud Shot and Mud Bomb. The only exception was a Meditite which PopStar took care of with Bite. Without thinking i headed sraight to route 117 after the Gym battle. Here, I Caught a Roselia to add to my team named ThornRow. It was during that battle with ThornRow that i realized i hadnt Healed my pokemon. Took the opportunity to heal my pokemon and take a break.

Team

;302; Gemini lvl 24
;259; Hulk lvl 23
;294; PopStar lvl 24
;315; ThornRow lvl 14

Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Continuing playing Alpha Sapphire, I 've beaten Wattson and got to Verdanturf. Didn't participate in the Contest Hall though, I will do those later.

Regarding my in-game team, Beldum has evolved into a fine Metang, and Taillow, Shroomish and Slakoth... all evolved. Still trying to catch every new Pokémon I come across, but boy, they do take some time to appear. And as of now, Abra is the most hated-by-me Pokémon for using Teleport in the first turn every freaking time. And it has to be rare of course, which leads to even more frustration.

Regarding sights, Mauville City is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Whoever thought of this concept for that city surely deserves to be promoted. Yeah, it does be confusing at times, but once you get to know the place, it's easy.

By the way, there's this little girl in Verdanturf that says her Shroomish got lost. I looked all around town for it, but can't find it? Does anyone know where it might be?

Finally, I'm all ready for the fourth gym trip! Lavaridge and Mt. Chimney, here we come!