• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I decided to go face norman without training since it was quite a way back to lavaridge. It was surprisingly easy to make my way through the gym. When I got to Norman I found that my entire team except nidorina was 6 levels higher than his strongest pokemon. Charmeleon ohkos his first slaking with overheat, then slakoth is taken out by a petal dance from my meganium. The next slakoth was taken out by 2 surfs from my vaporeon. After the battle my pidgeotto evolved into a pidgeot and my charmelon named spectrum evoled into a charizard. Nidorina is still about 8 levels behing the rest of the team. I am so ready to get the pidgeotite.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
Last night, I caught a Naughty-natured Groudon. I also obtained Eon Flute so i decided to try it out. First, I went back to Professor Birch to have my PokéDex updated. After that, I used the flute to Soar. While i'm soaring, I found Crescent Isle at first try. I went down there and collected Deep Sea Scale. I try my luck to soft reset Cresselia to make it shiny but still nothing. I haven't finish the final gym and the league. I'm thinking to finish the game first and go back to Cresselia. Will be the island still appear after I visited and leave it behind?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
After getting bored with little to do in-game, I decided it was time I completed the Hoenn Dex, which I did, only a few days later, thanks to my newly transferred Pokemon from X. After that, I caught and bred a Skrelp with its hidden ability of Adaptability, and the egg move of Venom Drench. Having obtained the oval charm, it wan't exactly difficult breeding. Having bred some minor stuff like Buneary, Skrelp and Swablu, I took on the secret base trainers in the Secret Shore, and levled them all pretty darn much. I don't really know what to do with them later, but eh, now I have cool Dragalge, Lopunny and Altaria.

So I found Crescent Isle today, just at random, so I decided to loot it of everything while I still had the chance--even Cresselia. I led the battle off with a Quick Ball, but it broke out right away. It paralyzed itself on my Manectric's Static, after which I switched to Milotic to weaken it. I spammed Surf while Cresselia spammed Aurora Beam, eventually whittling her HP into the red. After healing with Recover, it took only one Ultra Ball to secure the capture. My Cresselia has a Mild nature, which certainly doesn't hurt it, but it has x/31/31/x/31/31 IVs, which contradicts its nature.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Once again I'm unable to update my Secret Bases and Mirage Spots by going online (last time I did it was yesterday morning) so I have a feeling that changing the game and not playing ORAS till the next day locks these features until midnight. At least that's what keeps happening to me. My Mirage Island is the same as it was yesterday as well but it has Munna on it so I might catch one of those with its HA, or transfer one in a Dream Ball from BW. I was watching a YT video involving an interesting Doubles strategy involving it so I might give it a try myself.

For right now however, I'm currently horde hunting in the desert in Route 111 for a Shiny Sandshrew which will be my first hunted ORAS Shiny, and my first overall ORAS Shiny. Caught myself an Adamant Synchroniser so I'm hoping it at least works for the Shiny when it decides to appear. Sandslash is one of my favourite shinies though so, if Synchronise does fail, I'll still be happy to have one, even if its nature is rubbish. It'll be my False Swiper for when I start looking for Shiny Legendaries. Glad I have those 6 Secret Bases with Lv100 Blissey in them. Levelling it to 50 will be easy.

EDIT: Caught my Shiny Sandshrew. Bold nature with rather poor IVs. Don't care, I've always wanted a Shiny Sandslash and now I have one.

EDIT 2: Apparently Sandslash can't learn False Swipe... Really?

Last edited:

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
Continued on route 118 and after that route 119. Battled most of the trainers and caught a few pokemon for my dex: Tropius, Gloom and Linoone. I also caught a female Carvanha while fishing with a new rod I got from a fisher on route 118. I plan on taking her in my party.

I reached a bridge on route 119 but it was blocked off by some Magma grunts. They told me not to go to the weather institute, so ofcourse I did go there. I saw a PC and took Carvanha from the box to put in my party. I realized that there were some Magma grunt in here so I battled them as they didn't want to let me pass to the first floor. I defeated them and went upstairs.

Tabitha from Team Magma was threatening some people of the weather institute. I rushed to them and challenged Tabitha. I easily defeated his only pokemon, a Camerupt, using Carvanha's Surf attack (which I just taught her) and Grovyle's dig attack.

Team Magma left again, but did take some valuable research results with them for unknown purposes. I received a Castform from the people of the institute as a gift for saving them!

I continued on route 119 after a quick nap in a bed at the weather institute. Suddenly May showed up behind me and we had a battle! This time she was no match. Wailmer went down to Manectrics new Discharge attack, Combusken to Swellow's Aerial Ace and Shroomish to Aerial Ace as well. May gave me HM fly, but I need the gym badge from the Fortree City gym to use it outside of battle. Short after the battle I set my first steps in this quiet city!

I did some explorations and saw Steven. But before I could talk to him he went to route 120. I followed him and found him at a bridge, he seemed interested in something I couldn't see.. We he noticed me he told me something was blocking the bridge: a pokemon! He gave me a special device and all of a sudden I saw a Keckleon! It attacked, but I defeated it quickly with Swellow. Steven was impressed apparantly because he gave me a Sceptilite! I can't wait to evolve Grovyle and use that Sceptilite to megaevole Sceptile!

I went back to Fortree city and this time I headed for the gym. The path to the gym was also blocked, so I just the device Steven gave me. Another Keckleon appeared, but this time it ran away. I went inside the gym to find out this gym mainly uses flying types. I feel pretty confident as I have my Manectric, as well as Trapinch who knows Rock Slide and Carvanha who knows Ice Fang!

Current Party
grovyle.gif
Scooter - lv.33 (male) |
nuzleaf.gif
Shiftlocke - lv.31 (male) |
swellow.gif
Skyla - lv.34 (female) |
manectric.gif
Strike - lv.34 (male) |
trapinch.gif
Goggles - lv.33 (male) |
carvanha.gif
Swift - lv.28 (female) |

Current Location
Fortree City

Number of Badges

Pokedex
Number caught: 57
Number seen: 105

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Last night, I caught a Naughty-natured Groudon. I also obtained Eon Flute so i decided to try it out. First, I went back to Professor Birch to have my PokéDex updated. After that, I used the flute to Soar. While i'm soaring, I found Crescent Isle at first try. I went down there and collected Deep Sea Scale. I try my luck to soft reset Cresselia to make it shiny but still nothing. I haven't finish the final gym and the league. I'm thinking to finish the game first and go back to Cresselia. Will be the island still appear after I visited and leave it behind?

You may want to try to nab Cresselia as soon as you can (you may have to forego trying to get a shiny one in the first place) - it is very hard to get the Crescent Isle as a Mirage Island in the first place, probability wise. The Isle will disappear upon the stroke of midnight when a new random Mirage Island is generated.

Hence, my recommendation to you is to nab Cresselia before you do anything else :p

On topic: Discovered another new Mirage Island (this time a Mirage Forest), caught a couple of new Pokemon from there to add to my Dex.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Level 100 Pokémon #272: Part 2

So, the leveling continues. Currently, Pudding is at level 46, but that's only 10% of the way there. I have another 720,000 EXP left to get before she's at level 100. That's the kicker when trying to level to 100, those last 20 or so levels often take as long as the first 80 or so.

Additionally, my initial assumptions about her Physical Defense being higher due to nature and IV's was right. Currently her Physical Defense is 65, while her Special Defense is only 50. So, that last move slot went to Reflect. Here's the current progress report:

wigglytuff.gif

Pudding, the Wigglytuff
Level 46
Exp.: 80,327 / 800,000
Ability: Competitive
Nature: Rash
- Hyper Voice
- Dazzling Gleam
- Reflect
- Rest

I'm using, of course, all three of the permanent boosts that I can obtain and maintain. The Trade and Egg boosts are both +50% and the Amie boost is another +20%. They stack multiplicatively, so using them all means I'm getting a natural 2.7x EXP multiplier. I haven't yet begun using Experience Point Powers yet. Unlike in X and Y, I can't cheese their durations by using the Restaraunts. I'm merely testing the waters right now, and seeing how long it takes for me to level a Pokémon to 100. Obviously, when I do a full party, thanks to the EXP Share, the rest of the team will get residual EXP gain, which can actually be quite the multiplier itself.

Also, I've been searching for the Crescent Isle. It may seem pretty rare if I were to just hope that I get it by checking once a day, but thanks to the PSS and being able to get Streetpasses from Passersby, I can get things like Secret Bases and Mirage Islands. And, fortunately, one of those Mirage Islands can be the Crescent Isle.

Crobat_Curse

So in my last update I defeated the Elite 4 in AS. I've still to do the post-game material, but I'm putting it on hold for now. I generally like a challenge, so I figured I'd start a Wedlocke challenge on OR! I did one of these on Pokemon X and it was loads of fun, even if there was a large number of deaths.

I'm only up to Petalburg Woods so far and it's already shaping up to be quite the challenge. The game was kind to me on Route 102, granting me a male Ralts as my first encounter. Unfortunately I KO'd the Poochyena on Route 103 (wasn't particularly fussed since I have a Mightyena on my AR team), but I did manage to catch a Wurmple on Route 101. Kind of regret not following the "duplicate clause" now, since Route 104 also gave me a Wurmple. Luckily they've not both evolved into Silcoon, but they're looking pretty doomed given that they share most of their weaknesses. Then again, I did manage to keep a Luvdisc/Swoobat pair alive until Victory Road on X. Currently unpaired is Victor the Slakoth, who was my Petalburg Woods encounter. He came with Slash, which was a huge boon. I don't know who's more frustrating to train though, him or the cocoons - Truant is a real pain in the arse.

Team

258.png

Nora
Quirky, Lvl 13
Tackle, Water Gun, Foresight, Mud-Slap

280.png

Claude
Brave, Lvl 11
Confusion, Double Team, Growl, Teleport

~~~~~~~

266.png

Lorenzo
Naive, Lvl 8
Poison Sting, String Shot, Harden, Tackle

268.png

Gina
Bold, Lvl 8
Poison Sting, String Shot, Harden, Tackle

~~~~~~~

287.png

Victor
Brave, Lvl 8
Slash, Yawn, Encore

Deaths
None so far!

Last edited:

Ice Lock

Hello!
I am currently half way on my dex nav chrome crown collection goal. While I was collecting the chrome crowns, I decided to pick up a couple of battle items and half a dozen lucky eggs which will be very handy in the future.

I think I'll take a small break from my current goal at the moment. In the meantime, I seriously need to tidy up my secret base and get it relocated and gain some new secret pals which will provide me with abilities I need.

I kinda stopped collecting flags becuase I wanted to focous on catching a litwick and haunter in XY so I ca transfer it over to AS for my secret base team.

Ive had rotten luck since over 50% of everything I caught either has great attack IVs (low SPD & SP ATT) a + attack nature or both. It seems every litwick I see wants to punch stuff >:[

Haar

Humble Soldier
I kinda stopped collecting flags becuase I wanted to focous on catching a litwick and haunter in XY so I ca transfer it over to AS for my secret base team.

Ive had rotten luck since over 50% of everything I caught either has great attack IVs (low SPD & SP ATT) a + attack nature or both. It seems every litwick I see wants to punch stuff >:[

You don't use a Synchronizer? I actually just got an Adamant Synchro because of the sheer frustration I went through finding a good Sawk.

And how do you tell IVs, anyway? I never really bothered with them although in X I ended up visiting the Judge a few times, but I see people posting exact stats...

Everstoned

Koffing and Weezing
Sooo, I've discovered that the sharpedo and camerupt given to you at the battle resort make some wonderful HM slaves lol. Also, I tried to catch Cresselia a few weeks ago, but it was being so difficult not wanting to get caught and making me reset because its IVs were horrible, so I left the island and said F that B. Well, I just got Crescent Isle back (this time from my own game, so I could get the hidden items) today and finally caught a relaxed Cresselia with great IVs... in a single luxury ball. :eek: Lucky me!

Reimius

Today I kicked some Team Aqua butt. First I met them in Mt. Pyre where they stole Blue Orb. Then I met them in Slateport City where they stole submarine. After that I entered into their base but too late. Archie escaped. Now I'm in Mossdeep City and I'm planning to catch female Snorunt in Shoal Cave.

My current team:

Blaziken lvl 60
Metagross lvl 61
Roselia lvl 58
Flygon lvl 56
Sharpedo lvl 53

You don't use a Synchronizer? I actually just got an Adamant Synchro because of the sheer frustration I went through finding a good Sawk.

And how do you tell IVs, anyway? I never really bothered with them although in X I ended up visiting the Judge a few times, but I see people posting exact stats...

Sucks my lvl 56 Gradevoir ended up with trace :/

And I use this sites IV checker :)

http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcxy.shtml

I've got all but three TM's, which appear at Mirage Spots. I am using the Passerby function, so hopefully the last spots I need appear tomorrow. I've also obtained all the Mega Stones, save for Garchompite and Lucarionite. Currently raising Feebas to max beauty, then going to use Milotic to win a Master Rank beauty contest in order for Chaz to give me the Lucarionite I need. Don't have the Diancite either, because I didn't get the event, but I never planned on using it so it's okay. Not sure what's next on the agenda, but we'll just have to see.

-AlphaSplice

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
Oofff, a little bit to confident going into the Fortree City Gym battle. The battle started alright. Carvanha took down Winona's Swellow with a few ice fangs and Manectric easily knocked out Pelipper. But then Winona sent out Altaria. Manectric's Discharge did a little less than half. The Altaria countered with Earthquake...! I was NOT prepared for that. I switched out to see if I could work around it on another way. But it was pretty pointless. All party members went down doing very little damage, which was quickly roosted off by the Altaria. Switched Manectric back in, did 40% damage again (bringing it to red hp), but the he went down to another Earthquake. Grovyle could take out the Altaria with quick attack, but he went down to Winona's Skarmory. I lost my first gym battle.

Without any training I wanted to try again. This time I led with Manectric, so he wouldn't take damage when switching in after Carvanha (I play with battle style 'set'). Discharge knocked out Swellow and I switched to Swellow when the Altaria came in, dodging the earthquake. What followed was a period of a lot a aerial aces from Swellow. She did a pretty good amount of damage but finally went down to a dragon breath. The hp seemed low enough so I switched Manectric back in. Discharge just barely missed taking the Altaria out, but Manectric was able to withstand one earthquake. Winona used a hyper potion, but it was too late. Manectric took down the Altaria and after that Pelipper and Skarmory with only one discharge each! Got my 6th gym badge!

Left for route 120. Doing training by battling all trainers on the road and even a couple of trainers in secret bases I found. During the process Carvanha and Trapinch evolved! Currently I just reached the start of route 121, leading to Lilycove City.

Current Party
grovyle.gif
Scooter - lv.34 (male) |
nuzleaf.gif
Shiftlocke - lv.31 (male) |
swellow.gif
Skyla - lv.35 (female) |
manectric.gif
Strike - lv.36 (male) |
vibrava.gif
Goggles - lv.35 (male) |
sharpedo.gif
Swift - lv.31 (female) |

Current Location
Route 121

Number of Badges

Pokedex
Number caught: 59
Number seen: 111

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After beating Magma Admin Courtney's Camerupt with my Pelipper's Surf, Courtney fled and I got a message from Steven and he asked me to visit the Devon Corporation in Rustboro City. I met Steven there and I heard a story from Mr. Stone about a past war in a distant region and about Infinity Energy. I was then told about the asteroid that was coming and that the Space Center needed a Meteorite Shard to stop the disaster. I headed back to Dewford Town and I visited Granite Cave next. I saw Zinnia and Aster at the cavern with the cave painting and afterwards we battled. I beat Zinnia’s Tyrantrum with my Shiftry‘s Leaf Storm, her Altaria with my Pelipper’s Ice Beam and finally her Salamence with my Manectric.

Aquarelle

Staff member
After delivering the letter to Steven, I left Granite Cave and returned to Dewford Town. I talked to Mr. Briney and he sailed me over to the Route 109 beach. I battled all the trainers there before entering Slateport City. Looked around the city for a while and found out that I was supposed to go to the museum, but before I did that I went out to Route 110 for a bit. I wandered around in the grass and managed to catch several Electric Pokemon: Voltorb, Electrike, and Minun.

Next, I returned to Slateport and went into the museum. I saw a bunch of Team Magma people on the first floor, but I just ignored them for the most part and went to the upper floor. There, I met Stern, who I was supposed to give my Devon parts to. But then, some Team Magma Grunts appeared and I had to battle them. After defeating them, I met Team Magma's leader, Maxie, and talked to him for a while.

When that was done, I went over to the Contest Hall where I met Lisia. She told me all about Contests and gave me everything I needed to participate in them. So, I fed some Pokeblocks to my Marshtomp and entered it into a Tough Contest. It did very well in the talent part, where it maxed out the crowd's excitement twice. I won that Contest and then obtained the Cosplay Pikachu.

Now, I'm back on Route 110.