• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Austratus

a paper man
OMEGA TURN
Duelleck's gone through the "climactic event" and caught Groudon. (At this point, there was a trip to Littleroot to obtain the National Pokedex, which *does* become available here before Wallace points you to it.) Manectric proceeded to electrocute Wallace and his entourage for the last badge of the game. Currently taking the time to explore the Mirage Islands for new species of pokemon, while levelling up some of my lesser developed favorites.

ALPHA TURN
Wonder Trading is a wonder! During an extended session of WT, Merlwyn managed to acquire an early Trapinch for use against Wattson... as well as a shiny Sharpedo. She needs to get a bike, though. The next plan is to head north from Mauville.

Halkel

Experimentalist
Made an intriguing discovery with Soaring Mirage Spots. As long as the condition is fulfilled, the hole in space and time, as well as the dark cloud will respawn again the next time you soar after landing. Also, their stats will randomize as if you haven't encountered them yet. With a lv.95 Orre Breloom and False Swipe, It did less than half on Palkia A, exactly half on Palkia B, and only a quarter on Palkia C. Not a big discovery but I just found it out by randomly KOing the pokemon.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Just got a critical capture with a Dive Ball on Lugia. Wheeeee!

Other things I have done today: Made the rounds to my berries and the super secret bases, cleaned out New Mauville and Sea Mauville, caught a Spiritomb (who managed to faint my Shiny Metagross, despite the latter being 32 levels higher than the Spiritomb), and done some GTS and Wondertrading. All in all, a great ending to a good day. :)

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Once again I clear Omega Ruby, just waiting for tomorrow to get the last legend available. Planning to trade the fire starters into AS and then transfer them and others to Y.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I switched to my spare Alpha Sapphire his afternoon and started a new game. I saw Birch talk while I was in the moving truck and I then arrived in Littleroot Town after choosing the male character. I went to my room and set the clock, then I went downstairs and my mom told me about a broadcast. I walked outside and I explored Littleroot Town and visited May's home, then I walked to Route 101. I saw Professor Birch being chased by a wild Poochyena and I took Mudkip's Poke Ball from Professor Birch's bag and I defeated Poochyena fast with Water Gun. I went to Birch's lab afterwards and I agreed to help him fill the Pokedex. I saved the game before heading out to Oldale Town and looking for May's whereabouts.

Feline

Why?
Well I started Alpha Sapphire, and got greeted with nostalgia. :) Went through some towns, got the 1st badge, caught a butt load of Pokemon. I'm up to the part where you have to deliver the letter to Steven in that cave. Let me say, sneaking up on Pokemon while tip-toeing is fun. I'll get a team eventually.

slowdude

At a chain of 27 a Quick Feet Shroomish finally appeared. Level 20 with Drain Punch. Had a quirky nature. Quickly befriended it and maxed its attack/speed iv's. I made my way to Mallville once more, renamed Aron 'Dwayne' on the way. While going through route 110 i defeated all the trainers i skipped and did the trick house. At mallville i easily defeated Wally and the entire gym with Shroomish and Dwayne. Shroomish evolved into Breloom during the battle against Watson. Afterwards i cleared the mess in Rusturf Tunnel and got an Aggronite for my troubles.

Made my way up through route 111, 112 and through Fiery Path, learnt about secret power. Went through route 113. BuzzNav had a story about Professor Cosmo who i was trying to find had been kidnapped which Brendan confirmed once i reached Fallarbor Town. Route 114. In Meteor Falls Brendan and I confronted Team Magma, defeating them and saving ProCosmo. Brendan then brought me back to Mallville. The team healed i quickly went and grabbed the Acro Bike before heading off to the Volcano. Also went and picked up the Zigzagoon i had left in the day care which had raised 17 levels and was now lvl 24, evolved it quickly into linoone so i'd have a surfer for after the 5th gym.

Took a third detour as i went back to the trick house. Completed the Rock Smash and Flash rooms. Sadly the next was strength which i cannot use yet so its off to the volcano.

Current team.

Dwayne the Aron
Seren the Grovyle
Breloom the nameless
BoomerSooner the Loudred
Linoone the temp.

3D on the new 3DS XL is amazing compared to the older models.

Lorde

So I ran along Route 101 after leaving Littleroot Town and battled wild Pokemon to level up my Mudkip. I arrived in Oldale Town and an employee of the Poke Mart showed me the Mart and gave me Potions. I healed Mudkip and then I ran north to Route 103 afterwards. I battled some more wild Pokemon and then I saw May in front of a puddle of water. We battled and my Mudkip beat her Treecko. May left after talking to me and I went back to Littleroot Town to chat with Professor Birch there. Once at Professor Birch's lab, he talked about how I beat May and I finally got my Pokedex from him and as well as some Poke Balls from my good friend May. I walked back to Route 101 again and got the DexNav next.

DarkerShining

Alpha Sapphire: Got the Exp. Point O-Power. Now that I can use Fly, I can get to the berries I've planted faster than before. I also explored the rest of Route 120, and reached Route 121. Made it to Lilycove, and checked out the Safari Zone. Realizing my Acro Bike wouldn't get me far at this point in the game, I switched back to the Mach Bike. Still didn't get much from the Safari Zone, but I at least managed to get the TM for Solarbeam. Explored Lilycove, and briefly checked on Team Aqua's hideout. My next stop is Mt. Pyre, but I think I'll explore a little more of Route 123 before heading there.

Current team:

Swampert, level 43.
Linoone, level 40.
Delphox, level 38.
Crobat, level 37.
Metang, level 36.
Latias, level 33.

slowdude

So i beat i made it to the top of the volcano where i faced off against a couple of team magma guys and their boss maxie. I just realized that team magma/aqua has allot less members then all the other antagonist teams, like going through plasma/galactic/flare/rocket you go through a constant gauntlet of them, while aqua/magma have allot less members. Anyway beat the 5th gym with the digging Dwayne the Aron who worked so hard he evolved into Lairon. Loudred mostly swept our fathers gym only struggling on the two delcatty's, seems mr BoomerSoomer falls in love easy. So got surf as Wally lead me to Mallville. After clearing the final three trick house set ups i went off to route 118 where i got a good rod and was forced to add Latios to my party, kept him on me as i we went to route 119 where i quickly caught a Feebas. Chained several more until i got a level 16 modest with Dragonbreath. I used the GTS to trade one of the extra Feebas for a Sharpedo so i could chain for my own Sharpedo on route 118. It took 47 encounters until a speed boost one appeared, he had 3 star lvl 50 appeared, sadly the now level 38 breloom (he fought allot of sharks) ohko'd. A couple encounters later a lvl 40 timid Speed Boost Sharpedo appeared which i caught and named Jesse Allen. Now to become friends with Feebas and Jesse Allen, come up with a name for Feebas and Breloom and find to train and evolve my Feebas.

Current Team

Feebas - Ability Oblivious - Female - level 16 - Dragon Breath, Surf, Toxic, Round.

Grovyle named Seren - Female - level 32 - Giga Drain, Pursuit, dig, Round

Lairon named Dwayne - ability rock head - Male - level 33 - Body Slam, Iron Head, Rock Slide, Dig

Loudred named BoomerSooner - ability Scrappy - Male - level 34 - Disarming Voice, Incinerate, Rock Tomb, Round

Breloom - Ability Technician - Male - level 38 - Drain punch, rock smash, mach punch, headbutt (i know to many fighting moves)

Sharpedo named Jesse Allen - Ability Speed Boost - Female - level 40 - Hydro pump, slash, poison fang, crunch.

Navarch

I began my journey through Hoenn today. As we arrived in Littleroot Town, my mother and I took a look around our brand new house.I set my clock and the Machoke Movers put our things in place. After unfortunately missing my father on the television, I went to see my new neighbors. I girl named May, who is also Birch's daughter, told me about the work she does, and that she was happy to meet me. After leaving, a small child altered me of someone screaming up ahead on Route 11, so I went to investigate. Professor Birch was being attack by a Poochyena, so I intervened by grabbing a Pokeball from his bag. I chose Mudkip, the Water Starter, and initiated battle with the wild Poochyena.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
So yeah, second day of my Omega Ruby In-Game Team. There's a pretty good chance that this will be the last of it, but not a 100% chance. The entire team gained about 20% toward total progress yesterday. I only need about one and a half million more experience to reach completion of the party.

Like before, I'm still leading the charge with Erubetie. Here's her current status:

goodra.gif

Erubetie, the Goodra
Level 93
Exp.: 1,033,792 / 1,250,000
Ability: Sap Sipper
Nature: Naughty
- Outrage
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Power Whip

She needs just a little under 220,000 Exp. to reach level 100. That's going to give about 110,000 Exp. to everyone else on the team, which is gonna add up to about 770,000 Exp. total. Certainly not a bad deal at all.

It seems daunting to have to get over six million Experience Points to get a full team of Pokémon to 100. But, in this generation, with the way the Experience Share now works, it's become so much easier. After Fifth Gen, I'm kind of glad that they changed the mechanics regarding experience gains. I hated how gains were diminished the higher level you were. It's the very antithesis of how I like to play the games. But, this generation seems to play into exactly how I enjoy playing it. Of course, when you consider that in the last year, I've leveled nearly as many Pokémon to 100, in Sixth Gen games alone, as I did through the entirety of Fifth Generation ... yeah.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Alpha Sapphire status
Yeah I'm running out of patience trying to find azelf. I have the other 2 but azelf hasn't shown up after a day of waiting. I made more money battling the trainers at the battle resort but if it doesn't show up when I'm done I'll just send azelf over from my y version because this is getting rediculous >.>

So early this morning I couldn't sleep, so I decided to poke around while Soaring and search for my daily mirage spot. It didn't contain anything special, but I did catch a Larvesta with the egg move, Morning Sun. Inspired by my sunny new capture, and emboldened by my recent success in capturing Cresselia, I decided to try to capture the master of the sun's withering glare, Primal Groudon. I assembled my team, using my Pelipper and Flygon instead of my Metagross and still-in-training Milotic, and Soared to Sootopolis.

I led the battle with Manectric, but Groudon's Ground type rendered it immune to Thunder Wave, so I switched out to Shiftry, to whom I taught False Swipe especially for this purpose. Shiftry was 2HKO'd by Lava Plume, but not before getting in some strong damage with False Swipe. After that, I switched to Pelipper to tank Groudon's Lava Plumes and Precipice Blades while tossing Dusk Balls from behind cover. After only five Dusk Balls, Primal Groudon became mine! It has a Brave nature... Perfect! I taught it Fire Blast, Solar Beam and Rock Slide, and attached the Red Orb to it so it can Primal Revert outside the Cave of Origin.

I think my next target will be either Reshiram or Ho-Oh. It's feasible to hope for Reshy being caught in one Quick Ball, due to its high catch rate, but I expect to have to work hard for Ho-Oh. Wish me luck!

Edit: So I went after Reshy first, who broke out of the Quick Ball but stayed in the third Dusk Ball. Next, Ho-Oh was caught after only 3 Ultra Balls, but Heatran caused me a lot of trouble. I accidentally KO'ed him twice, first was an OHKO from Manectric's Thunderbolt, the second was a self-KO from confusion brought on by Manectric's Signal Beam. The third attempt saw the use of 20+ Ultra Balls and 10+ Dusk Balls before being captured. With Ho-Oh in my team, I set out to capture the final Fire-type legendary in OR, Entei. However, I found Suicune instead, and after one accidental KO from misclicking on Shiftry's Hurricane instead of False Swipe, I caught Suicune in less than 10 Ultra Balls. The cool part about catching Suicune, tho, is that they brought back his music from Crystal--that music scared the bejesus outta me as a kid! #nostalgia

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
Alpha Sapphire status
Yeah I'm running out of patience trying to find azelf. I have the other 2 but azelf hasn't shown up after a day of waiting. I made more money battling the trainers at the battle resort but if it doesn't show up when I'm done I'll just send azelf over from my y version because this is getting rediculous >.>

Azelf can be found between 21:00 and 03:59. That's 9:00 pm to 3:59 am

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Today has been a good day. This morning I learned that Crescent Isle had appeared as my daily mirage spot, so I caught Cresselia, she was an surprisingly easy catch, like she wanted to become part of my Dex (which is growing slowly but steadily, thanks in part to Wonder Trade and the GTS). Then during my daily berry/secret base round, I hatched three eggs (one Eevee from the daycare, and the two eggs from Lavaridge), which was pretty sweet in itself. Then a few minutes ago, I just got a Latios of the GTS for a male Milotic I had only evolved to fill my Dex spot (thus nothing but basic moves and no training). Have I mentioned that I love the GTS? Because I do. :)

I still need to catch Heatran and the Legendary Beasts, but they are a secondary priority. I also have the League to contend with, as I haven't done that yet either. But I don't feel mentally ready, although I am pretty sure I have a team that can, quite literally, wreck both the Elite 4 and Steven (Thanks in part to the Level 90, fully EV trained, Lucario I transferred from X, complete with Lucarionite). But as I said, I am not in the right mindset yet. Soon though. Soon...

DarkerShining

Alpha Sapphire: Explored Mt. Pyre, and eventually reached the top where Team Aqua stole the Blue Orb. I was given the Red Orb, and heard that Team Aqua's next destination was Slateport. After taking a brief detour to check on my berries, I made my way to Slateport, where Team Aqua stole the submarine. Then I went back to Lilycove, and after another brief detour to check on the rest of my berries, I went to explore Team Aqua's hideout. Explored everything, bought several Fresh Water from the Vending Machine in the hideout because they cost less than normal, picked up the Master Ball, and finally fought Matt at the end of it. However, they got away with the submarine. Went back to Slateport to inform Captain Stern, and now, my next goal will be getting to Mossdeep City.

Current team:

Swampert, level 45.
Linoone, level 41.
Delphox, level 40.
Metang, level 39.
Crobat, level 38
Latias, level 38.

Lorde

After I received the DexNav for my PokeNav Plus at Route 101, I talked to May again and she explained stuff and I saw a Pokemon's tail appear in the grass and I approached it slowly. After battling a Poochyena and catching a wild Zigzagoon for my team, I ran a bit further north and arrived in Oldale Town again. I healed my Pokemon once again and walked west towards Route 102. As soon as I arrived, I battled against a Youngster and I emasculated him and also beat a Bug Catcher as well. I walked around some more and battled a second Youngster and beat his Taillow and Poochyena and then I encountered a wild Lotad and Ralts in the tall grass, which I caught and trained for around 15 minutes and I saved.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Omega ruby status
I beat Wallace really easily and then made my way to victory road. I got through and then battled Wally who was also pretty easy. After that I went to meteor falls and got the dragon claw tm. Now I'm getting everyone to lv 55 and then will battle the elite 4.