• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

aerial_ace

Finally after over 3 days and 4 full boxes later I managed to get flawless rotom( genderless pokemon are such a pain to breed if u dont have 6ivs ditto) its bold nature and 6 ivs perfect. Its funny becase I already set on a rotom with 4 ivs(missing attack and speed) and this egg was just the last one before I took my ditto and rotom back from day care boy. I let one of my special pals to stroke the egg dunno if that helps them get better ivs??
So know I have my entire mega sceptile team ready now I need to lv them up and ev train and I can hit wifi battles in hoenn land :p (team I will be using is excadrill talonflame Msceptile rotom w azumarill and gengar)
Im also very close to reach platinum rank in my secret bases( have over 800 flags few more days and I will gwt the remaining ones :)) after that I will start filling up regional dex and then national dex

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Today has been a good day. A *very* good day. My National Dex is getting filled out nicely. Yesterday I got the missing Lati@s of the GTS, and today I traded it for a Groudon on the same. And it is not just any Groudon. Oh, no, it is a Japanese Groudon from one of the Gen 3 games, and it is completely untrained. So that is the time travel certificate ensured. Other than the Regis (which I will be getting soon), I'm only missing Rayquaza and Deoxys to make sure that I'll get the Hoenn Dex completed. I'm missing a few of the non-legendaries as well, but comparably they should be easy to get... Dusknoir and Rhyperior will probably be the hardest. Once I am only missing the two Delta legends, I'll be taking care of the Elite 4, followed by the Delta Episode

My awesome Gardevoir reached level 100 today as well, and Marshtomp is only about three levels lower. Also closing in on the Gold Flag for my hidden base, but my secret friends rarely give me flags when I invite them to my base, and even then it is rarely more than five. Oh well. It only means it will be taking longer than I'd hoped. Speaking of Secret Friends, they've been giving me a fair number of evolution stones, and that has helped immensely with my Regional/Hoenn Dex.

Seriously though, entirely unused Gen3 Groudon, from Japan. Wow. >.<

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Omega ruby status
I started the delta episode and got the national dex. After that I caught a throh and a skrelp. I now have all of the ruby exclusives except the legendaries and fossils.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I won the Stone Badge and Rock Tomb TM after slaying Gym Leader Roxanne and left Rustboro Gym. Once outside, I realized that a Team Aqua grunt had stolen something. I had to get the Devon Parts back for a Devon employee and I ran east next. I walked into Route 116 as I headed towards Rusturf Tunnel and I captured a wild Skitty and Taillow in the tall grass and I slayed a Youngster and Hiker nearby. I reached the entrance to Rusturf Tunnel and saw Mr. Briney there who had lost Peeko as well. I backtracked a bit afterwards and I taught Cut to Zigzagoon and cut a nearby tree and battled two Schoolkids and I picked some Berries nearby as well and then saved my game before entering the Rusturf Tunnel.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Just finished the Delta Episode, I didn't have a hard time catching Rayquaza maybe it was really required to do so ( only 2 ultra balls and its caught)

Zinnia didn't even seem to have a threat, neither her Salamence cause my Pelipper also help the battle with its Ice Beam attack

And then I fail to catch Deoxys due to a critical hit from one of my pokemon

So I guess this means more work to do, do the e4 again and have a rebattle with Deoxys and hopefully i can catch it safe and sound this time

But as for now, I decide to save the game in the meantime

DarkPoke001

Dark Pokémon Master
Finally caught my first Omega Ruby shiny!

it may only be a Tentacool, but it's the start of a long-awaited Hoenn Shiny-Hunt!

and if I find as many shinies as i did in Y, i'm in for a real treat :p

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Caught Cresselia and Mesprit in OR today, love the combination of False Swipe and many Timer balls. I used up all my Ultra Balls on Mesprit. Been looking for Pokemon on the Mirage spots and platinum-ing out the Dex nav on each place.

Noctali

Umbreon
Ah, I was looking for this thread and couldn't find it lol.
Anyway I got this game last Friday and have been playing it here and there since. I chose Alpha Sapphire since Sapphire is what i had back in the day. I also had Emerald, but never Ruby.
--
I have 2 badges so far. My team consists of Mightyena, Marshtomp, and Taillow (though soon to evolve). I also have a Nincada for Cut right now.
Today I beat Team Aqua at the Slateport museum. It's been awhile since I've played in the Hoenn region in general so I forget if I'm supposed to go to Rustboro first or just go up to Mauville, but I'm pretty sure it's the latter. Either way I'll figure it out, can't be that hard haha. Also need to look for more Pokemon for my team. I remember having a habit of only having 3 Pokemon (for battling) for awhile when I would play through Sapphire, so it's even more nostalgic for me.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I Surfed across the water on Route 118 and then ran into Steven again. The two of us ended up flying on Latias to Southern Island, where we found Latios. But then, Team Magma showed up, so we had to deal with them first. Steven and I teamed up and battled admin Courtney and a Grunt. We defeated the two of them easily and then Latios joined my team. Steven then gave me the Mega Bracelet or whatever it's called before we returned to Route 118.

Next, I went back to use a PC quickly in order to deposit Latios. Then, I continued on my journey by heading to Route 119. I battled a bunch of trainers and captured a Kecleon before entering the Weather Institute building. There were some Team Magma members there, so I defeated all of them. Then, I had to fight Tabitha again and finished off his Camerupt with my Marshtomp. I received a Castform as thanks for saving the Weather Institute.

After that, I continued heading towards Fortree City. But shortly after crossing a bridge, I got stopped by May again and had to battle her. I defeated her Slugma with Marshtomp, then switched to Numel to take out Grovyle with Lava Plume. Finally, I went over to Gardevoir to deal with Wailmer. May gave me the HM for Fly after the battle.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Just logged onto PSS to see if I could get anything from Passerbys....

And surprise - I JUST RECEIVED AN EON TICKET VIA SPOTPASS! I'm so happy right now (my reaction is below) :D

7476658618_35f3a92763_z.jpg

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I went ahead and entered the Rusturf Tunnel and once there, I caught a wild Whismur and saw the Team Aqua grunt who had taken Peeko as well as the Devon Parts and I battled him. I got Peeko and the Devon Parts back afterwards and then I exited the cavern. I headed back towards Rustboro City after talking to a Devon scientist and I went to the Devon Corp office and I talked to Mr. Stone and got the BuzzNav for my PokeNav. I had to deliver Steven's Letter and the Devon Parts, so I backtracked to Route 104 and talked to Mr. Briney at his home. We sailed and I visited the Dewford Town's Pokemon Center upon arrival and after talking to several people nearby, I made my way toward Granite Cave and saved.

Flamer

Was on my way up to Fortree City when Steven appeared and whisked me off to Southern Island with Latios. I had known I'd be gifted Latias at some point, but didn't expect it to happen so soon, so that was a nice surprise.

The battle to defend Latias was good fun. Me and Steven both used Metang, (mine being the shiny one :) ). To be honest, I didn't contribute much to the battle. Metang kept getting confused and hurting itself. Worked well from a narrative point of view though. Always feels a bit silly when you team up with a Champion and end up doing most of the work for them. Looking forward now to meeting Steven again and showing him how far I'll have come, (hopefully).

Went back to route 118 and tried out Latias' mega evo. Was a little bit undecided on the concept in general, but got to say I'm completely on board with it now. Really suits Latias as well. Its kind of timid for a legendary, so having it enter battle and transform into this super powerful Pokemon feels very appropriate.

After all that excitment I'm now back to working my way up to Fortree. Also, Marshtomp's now evolved into Swampert :)

DSDark

Breeder
Finally got the mirage mountain with Elekid on it, caught three of them and one had an eletrilizer on it. Now i just need to the mirage cave with unown on it and i'll have caught all the pokemon I can in AS

Legendary Dreams

So instead of saving the world from Team Magma, I went for "Six Dots Unlock Three Doors" first. Regirock took about 20 SRs and 40 over Premier Balls on the last try, Registeel about 10 SRs and 10 Premier Balls and Regice not a single SR and 3 Premier Balls. I know my favoritism among the 3 is going to be the same as Regigigas'.

Anyway I attempted to see if Regigigas would visit our favorite walking iceberg but turns out it doesn't before you save the world (All conditions were definitely correct), so now having emptied the three doors, I finally proceeded to save the world from Team Magma, or rather, a very angry Groudon after Maxie realized his mistake. About 5 SRs and very, very long cutscenes later, I decided to just settle for a Adamant Groudon with perfect Attack stats. (I'm aware it can reappear if you don't catch it, but I wanted to catch it during the Primal Storyline and less of a afterthought as contradicting to SRs attempts would make it sound).

After saving the world, Steven recommended to me to challenge Wallace for my 8th Badge, but I decided to pay Professor Birch a visit for the National Dex.

Then it was back to Island Cave. It has finally come to visit. About 3 SRs and 10 Premier Balls later, an Adamant perfect Attack Regigigas has completed the RegiCollection.

I'm don't actually favor Regigigas, but since it was the only non-regional Legendary Pokemon I thought had a chance to be caught even before the National Dex (turns out it wasn't the case, as above), I paid a lot more attention to it (and by extension the Regi Trio) before even the main storyline. Plus I think ORAS are the first games where all 4 Regi Members can be caught within the game without any outside requirements at all.

Last edited:

DarkerShining

Alpha Sapphire: Made it over to Mossdeep, and explored the city. Then decided to try out maxing out my Crobat's attack and speed EVs using the Macho Brace. It took a while, but thanks to my Illumise's Sweet Scent attracting Zigzagoon hordes on Route 101 and Shuppet hordes in Mt. Pyre, I eventually managed to finish EV training it and got the Effort Ribbon for it in Slateport. Went to Shoal Cave, and got four Shoal Shells. I plan on going back later today for the Shoal Salts. I then maxed out my Delphox's special attack and speed EVs, mostly using Zigzagoon and Roselia hordes, and finishing off the rest with a little bit of Super Training. Got the Effort Ribbon for my Delphox as well. I also bought the Aerial Ace TM in Mauville.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I managed to get past the invisible object in fortree city and defeat the gym leader. My team is all level 42 with the exception of pidgeot who is level 44. After defeating the 6th gym leader, I decided it was time to evolve my Pikachu into a raichu. after that I decided that I would play with my nidorina in the amie.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Was able to defeat the elite 4, but steven did pose a big threat on my team - thank goodness my friend gives me some tips on what i can use and i was able to conquer the league once again

and this time i successfully caught deoxys ( 8 ultra balls) and palkia too ( 3 ultra balls)

though i'm still on the hunt for lucky egg, but at least i can finally take a rest for now and start my new plans for tomorrow to the games

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I am down to missing only two non-legendary pokemon to complete the Hoenn Dex. One is Froslass (understandable as Dawn Stones are hard to come by. But I have a guaranteed one in Victory Road) and the other is Spheal of all things. >.<

You would not believe how difficult it is to get a spheal on the GTS, most people there think it is perfectly acceptable to request event only legendaries for level 1 non-legends. I mean I could understand it if they where shiny, but no... Anyway, I'll be dedicating a significant portion of tomorrow to hunt for a Spheal in Shoal Cave. Once that is done, it's only the regis before the Victory Road and E4, and then directly on to the Delta Episode. :)

Update: Just got a Dawn Stone from one of my Secret Friends, as such, besides 5 legendaries (The three Regis, Rayquaza, and Deoxys), I only need a Spheal. Today is getting better and better. :)

Last edited:

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
You would not believe how difficult it is to get a spheal on the GTS, most people there think it is perfectly acceptable to request event only legendaries for level 1 non-legends. I mean I could understand it if they where shiny, but no... Anyway, I'll be dedicating a significant portion of tomorrow to hunt for a Spheal in Shoal Cave. Once that is done, it's only the regis before the Victory Road and E4, and then directly on to the Delta Episode. :)

Spheal is not easy to find, but not hard to find as well in Shoal Cave. Search hard and well and you'll have one in no time :)

Soooo I know I'm a Slowpoke when it comes to certain things but I started looking up what Secret Bases are and exploring the ones that were downloaded into my game. Now I know why they're incredibly addicting - plenty of creativity and debauchery can be had setting up one and inviting people to come and explore it. Now I'm even more eager to set my own Secret Base up once I finish the rest of post-game on AS.

Anyhow, in one of the Secret Bases I went into, I battled against the base owner's Level 100 (event) shiny Metagross (Mega Evolution capable). I thought at one point I was going to be royally screwed because my entire team were in the high level 70s-80s range. Fortunately for me, a lucky Flamethrower from my Salamence burned that Metagross and put a stop to the ugly rampage. Afterwards, I was able to defeat that Metagross as well as the rest of his team.

My lesson from all of this? Use the Level Release machine at my own peril

Grey Wind

I trained my Pokemon a bit and then challenged Flannery. She was pretty easy, Swellow tied with Slugma after being burned, Marshtomp defeated Numel and my Torkoal knocked out hers after a couple of Rock Tombs. When I left the gym i got the goggles from May and headed to the desert to capture a Trapinch, and after a little bit of searching I captured one with Gust, which I immediately added to my team.

Once I had trained Trapinch a little I went back to Petalburg and battled Norman. Another easy battle, Retaliate took me by surprise and OHKOed Trapinch but I ended up winning because of Truant. I used Surf to explore around Hoenn for a while (Sea Mauville looks amazing) and then headed across route 118. I met Steven there and battled Team Aqua on Southern Island, where i got Latias. I trained it for a little while but switched back to Swellow after a bit.

I continued up through route 119 (the music is AMAZING imo) and battled Team Aqua again at the weather institute, where I got Castform. The May battle afterwards took me by surprise, but she didn't pose any difficulty. Castform took care of Slugma, while Torkoal and Roselia defeated Grovyle and Wailmer. I made it to fortree after that and bought some stuff in the secret base shop before saving.

[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/259.png[/img139] lv33
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/375.png[/img139] lv32
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/315.png[/img139] lv32
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/324.png[/img139] lv32
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/328.png[/img139] lv31
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/352.png[/img139] lv30

Last edited: