• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
As expected I tore through the elite 4 and champion like a chainsaw through butter. The only one who game me a little trouble was Steven, but that was mostly due to a mistake from my side, leading with the wrong pokemon allowed his Skarmory to spike the battlefield. But other than that it was as expected very Easy. I was afraid I'd need Xerneas to take care of Drake, but Metagross was more than fast enough, although a power-up from the first Meteor Mash did help considerably. Other than the legendary, each of my pokemon save my starter got to Mega-Evolve at least once during the proceedings, with Anubis the Lucario transforming twice, once against Glacia (Dark Pulse for the win), and Once against Steven.

My Lucario (That I brought over from X) is the sole truly competitive pokemon I've bred and trained. With max IV's in Attack, Special Atk. And Speed, and trained in Sp. Atk. and Speed. He has a move set consisting of Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, and Earthquake. He used to know Vacuum Wave as an Egg move, but I quickly determined that it was redundant due to his massive speed, and as such it got replace with Aura Sphere as he leveled up. Earthquake is there primarily for type coverage, although I have been contemplating getting it exchanged with Water Pulse, however it does deal with things like Metagross more effectively than the water move.

Anyway, enough about my Lucario, Main game complete, Delta Episode is up next. And that is going to get very exciting very quickly. :)

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Decided to try catching the 3 Johto legendary beasts (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune) today. Went to Trackless Forest, interacted with the ring, and out came Raikou (since I interacted with the ring at the top of the hour)

After using a few Hold Back attacks from my Metagross to reduce Raikou to 1HP, I tossed one Pokeball in an attempt to capture it....and 3 wiggles later Raikou was captured. Well uh the capture process went a bit quicker than I expected. o_O

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I healed my team at Mauville City'c PC and I walked towards the closed Mauville Game Corner and I got the Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip Dolls from the place's old owner. I passed by a few shops afterwards and then I arrived at Rydel's Cycles and received a Mach Bike from him. I rode around Mauville City next and I soon arrived at an outdoor area and I received a Nugget and Poke Toy from random people nearby. I sashayed towards the Mauville City Gym afterwards and saw Wally and his dad again. I then battled against Wally and I used my Lombre to defeat his Ralts. Afterwards, I received the Rock Smash HM from Wally's dad and entered the Gym. I had to solve the Gym's electric switch puzzle once there ans I saved.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Continuing from the legendary on where I left

Tries once more on Regirock, I was right it took me quite a few minutes to catch ( approximately about 20 great balls and 17 ultra balls). Got it with an ultra ball

As for Registeel, I really had a hard time capturing it, tossed 35 great balls and 25 ultra balls. Until the next ultra ball where I got it caught

Damaging those two are quite easy, its the catching what makes it hard

And now with three Regis in my party, i just now have to wait for daytime to show up (having met all the requirements) since its nighttime on my DS clock

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I had a couple of ideas based on testing I had done in the past, and just tested them in ORAS to help with Dexnav Shiny Chaining in Caves and Water specifically to VERY GREAT effect. (It essentially cuts down on item usage, and creates a sort of safe zone for chaining). This is mainly for people who use Dexnav in Caves and in Water, as it is much harder to chain in these places than in grass, though it can be used for grass too.

While chaining for Shiny Unown I found that using the search feature takes a very long time. Because of this I thought "I wonder if the D-Pad trick works in this game, and if it works for the Dexnav?" For those who do not know, the D-Pad trick is utilized to cause an encounter by tricking the game into thinking you are walking, without actually moving any steps. To pull it off, lightly tap in any direction BESIDES the one you are facing (but go in a cyclical pattern as it's easier to control) and your character will turn in that direction without moving. I learned that by doing this, one can cause a Dexnav Pokemon to usually appear faster than using the search function, as well as within a small area close to you, so there is less worry of it spawning in a bad spot such as between rocks or beyond a ledge.. However, you must have a Repel of some kind active, as doing this without a Repel can also cause a normal encounter to happen (Repel steps are not used up doing this trick, as the counter only goes down when you actually move to a different tile). By doing this in areas with only one or two Pokemon, you can greatly increase the amount of Hidden Pokemon encounters without wasting steps. And since the Pokemon is being found via Dexnav (any kind of shaking spot or Pokemon hidden in the ground, water, etc.) the chain continues.

The Second thing I tested and was elated to see return is the TM PP trick. The best way to utilize this trick is in conjunction with the D-Pad trick and Synchronize when chaining. The way this trick works is simple. Teach any TM move to a Pokemon of your choice, as long as it can also learn a different TM not already on its Moveset (I'll use my Synchronize Espeon as an example). It knows Hidden Power (Dark, Specifically for Unown) Psychic, Dazzling Gleam and Shadow Ball. Step 1) I continually use Hidden Power until it has 1 PP left (have not tested this yet with 0 PP) Step 2) After the battle, I teach Protect over Hidden Power which only has 1 PP left. Step 3) after I teach Protect, I RE-TEACH Hidden Power OVER Protect. By doing this, all of Hidden Power's PP is restored, without the need of any items or O-Powers. This can be done indefinitely with any TM moves as long as both moves are TMs (meaning you can continually alternate between them). This way, you can keep your Synchronize Pokemon as your lead and never be worried about PP.

I have just started using these tricks, and so far I have increased my short chains of 1-4 because of bad spawn locations to 5-15+ where I can comfortably continue chaining even with the speed up that Hidden Cave and Hidden Water Pokemon get after the 4th/5th Pokemon in a chain. Hope this helps you guys out too and happy hunting! :D

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
I decided to start over on Alpha Sapphire. I saw Birch on the screen talking while I was in the back of a moving truck seriously, what mother puts her child in the back of a moving truck? and I decided to pick the male character. I arrived in Littleroot Town and I jumped out of the truck, where I was greeted by my mother and we both entered the house. I went up to my room and set the time before heading back downstairs. Before I could leave, I was stopped by my mother, who told me about a broadcast from the Petalburg Gym before I could finish leave.

I explored Littleroot Town, stopped by May's house before finally proceeding to make my way to Route 101. I saw Professor Birch getting chased by a wild Poochyena and I immediately took Treecko's Pokeball to battle it. After that, Professor Birch brought me to his lab, where he gave me the Treecko and told me to head out to Route 103 and meet up with May.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
From the video that I saw, I see people get a hard time catching Regigigas, but i don't know if i was just lucky or not - hit only 5 great balls and 8 ultra balls then its caught

Now with all the regis caught, this probably means that I only have Reshiram and Cresselia left to get and then my legendary capture fest in OR is over so I can now start up with Alpha Sapphire in the next few days

For me the hardest to catch would be Registeel, Regice was the easiest so far here with Regirock placing 3rd and Regigigas placing 2nd

PokemonOwn

So, continuing off from defeating Norman solely with Breloom's Force Palm, my Grass Monorun adventure continues. After getting the Surf HM, I trekked back to Mauville to head East. I hastily rebattled the Guitarist & Aroma Lady, for hope of a Thunder or Leaf Stone respectively. I decided to do it since I was in the area, and I also gained a few levels. I then defeated the trainers and headed Northwards to get my final two Pokemon - Tropius and Gloom.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I went back to Lilycove today and headed into Team Magma's base. It took me quite a while to get through that place since there were so many warp panels and I had to check them all out so I wouldn't miss anything. I defeated a bunch of Team Magma members, found the Master Ball, then finally watched as the submarine swam off towards the bottom of the sea.

After that, I left the base and Surfed all the way to Mossdeep City. Once there, I checked out several places around town, including the Space Center, before heading into the Gym. I fought all the trainers in there and then challenged Liza and Tate. They sent out their Lunatone and Solrock, while I went with my Illumise and Gardevoir. Illumise OHKOed Solrock on the first turn with Bug Buzz and then Gardevoir got Lunatone to about half health with Magical Leaf. Another Bug Buzz from Illumise was enough to defeat Lunatone on the next turn.

Once I had my seventh badge, I made my way back outside. As soon as I came out of the Gym, I saw a huge beam of light shoot right out of the ocean. A lot of people freaked out about it and then Steven gave me the Dive HM so that I could go underwater and stop Team Magma.

But I didn't feel like going after Team Magma right now, so I did a whole bunch of Secret Base stuff instead. First, I made and decorated a new base in a rock formation just below Shoal Cave. The department store in Lilycove was having its sale today, so I bought a few cool items there. Then, I went to a whole bunch of other bases and collected a ton of flags. I'm up to something like 196 right now. I also had all my Secret Pals look for some stones for me. I obtained several evolution stones, such as Sun & Dusk Stones, which will be pretty useful.

;260; ;282; ;314; ;323; ;334; ;350;
Lv. 40-44

Grey Wind

OMFG I HATE ALTARIA. I challenged Winona with Marhstomp, Trapinch, Metang and Torkoal and I thought it'd go pretty well considering 3/4 had rock moves, but Altaria is ridiculous. It used Cotton Guard twice so none of my rock slides were doing anything, and it kept using roost to heal off any damage I was actually doing to it. I also forget it had earthquake and that destroyed Torkoal and Metang, and a few dragonbreaths defeated Marshtomp and Trapinch.

After losing I went to route 123 to train Trapinch until it evolved into Vibrava. I then re-challenged Winona and it went a LOT better this time. Metang defeated Swellow easily, and after a lot of switching and healing, Vibrava's Dragon Breath paralysed Altaria and allowed me to (FINALLY) defeat it. Torkoal easily defeated Skarmory, but Pelliper confused Metang and knocked it out before falling to Vibrava. Feather badge get.

I used Fly to travel back to some places just because I could before continuing on towards Lilycove. I captured some stuff in the Safari Zone where Marshtomp evolved, and then arrived in Lilycove and battled my rival. She was easy, I don't remember who defeated what but most of them died in OHKOs. I then wasted like 20,000 in the department store buying stuff for my secret base before heading to Mt. Pyre, where I battled Team Aqua. I ALWAYS forget that Sharpedo has Ice Fang and it knocked out Roselia with that, but Swampert's Power Up Punch defeated it afterwards. Once I took the Red Orb I saved before going to Slateport.

[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/260.png[/img139] lv38
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/375.png[/img139] lv37
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/315.png[/img139] lv37
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/324.png[/img139] lv37
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/329.png[/img139] lv36
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/277.png[/img139] lv36

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Just finished the Delta Episode... Unfortunately I accidentally KO'd Deoxys with a critical Dragon Ascent. >.<

Oh well, time to take on the E4 again so I get a second shot at catching it. :)

Also, the music as one travels into space is nothing short of Epic.

In other news: I just passed 750 collected flags. That means I have collected over 100 flags since my last post in this thread. I've been pretty lucky with being given flags by my Secret Friends today. One gave me 30, another 27. It quickly adds up. :)

I jus completed the Trick House, Low Road and the Battle with May. I used the Bug team and Fire team. Ab to square off with Wattson for his badge.

PokemonOwn

After heading Northwards and successfully Capturing Tropius and Gloom, I came to the Weather Institute. Team Aqua remained to be pushovers and I obtained my favourite Pokemon - Castform, from the members of the Institute. Unfortunately, since this is a Grass Monorun, no Castform for my team - Back in the box. Then, I traveled further Northwards until I encountered May. I easily bested my Rival and obtained HM02, Fly, only useful when I get ahold of the 6th Gym Badge, but it was also a good preemptive move choice for my Tropius. After finally getting to Fortree City, I made my way East to find Steven on the bridge. He gave me access to the Silph Scope to allow me to see the invisible Pokemon in front of the Gym. It was also around this time I was given the Sceptilite. With a Mega Evolution under my belt, the Sixth Gym was a breeze. Even Wiona's Altaria buckled under the strength of my Dual Chop Sceptile. Anyways, I then headed Southwards to Lilycove. On the way, I picked up a Shiny Stone by cutting a bush and evolved my Roselia. At Lilycove, I picked up the Rest and Sleep Talk TMs, defeated my Rival again, and with my new Flying Tropius, I finally headed back to Dewford to pick up the Sludge Bomb TM for my Roserade and Gloom. After heading back to Lilycove, I bested Team Aqua at their hideout. Now I am making my way towards Mossdeep City.

From the video that I saw, I see people get a hard time catching Regigigas, but i don't know if i was just lucky or not - hit only 5 great balls and 8 ultra balls then its caught

Now with all the regis caught, this probably means that I only have Reshiram and Cresselia left to get and then my legendary capture fest in OR is over so I can now start up with Alpha Sapphire in the next few days

For me the hardest to catch would be Registeel, Regice was the easiest so far here with Regirock placing 3rd and Regigigas placing 2nd

I got Rayquaza in one Ultra Ball while he was at around 40% HP and paralyzed. I got Cresselia in one Ultra Ball, too, but she was at much lower HP. I got Uxie, Regirock, and Regice in one Dusk Ball each, but Azelf, Registeel, and Regigigas took over 10 Dusk Balls apiece. My most difficult capture was Heatran, who took over 20 Ultra Balls and over 15 Dusk Balls, followed by Cobalion who took over 15 Ultra Balls. My most harrowing battle was with Terrakion, but it was cut short by my having caught him in only 4 Ultra Balls. I call Terrakion my most harrowing legendary battle because his AI was smarter than expected, and with all the Swords Dances he'd stacked up and all the super-effective moves he was spamming, he could've run rough-shot over my whole team if I hadn't caught him so fast. There were a few legendaries who I thought might Struggle themselves to death, but their being paralyzed helped me catch them before they could. My most annoying/complicated legendary battle was with Raikou, because Electric-types can't be paralyzed in Gen 6, so I had to put him to sleep instead. Thankfully, I caught him before my Gardevoir ran out of Hypnosis PP. My easiest capture was Deoxys, purely because I just beaned him in the face with my Master Ball.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Last time, I was leveling a Smeargle to 100. It was tedious, to say the least. Stats that low really don't translate well into leveling a Pokémon to 100. Here's his status:

smeargle.gif

Bob Ross, the Smeargle
Level 100
800,000 Exp
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Technician
Move Set:
- Swift
- Storm Throw
- Shadow Sneak
- Spore

The name comes from the "famous" painter from the early 90's. He used to have a show on television where he would often paint landscapes. He passed away around 20 or so years ago, so the odds of finding any of the shows are pretty rare.

Anyway, the basic idea behind Bob's set is to capitalize on Technician. Swift was a choice because it provides several benefits. First, it gives Bob a means to always deal damage, regardless of accuracy. Second, being only 60 Power, it benefits from Technician. Third, being a Normal-type move, it benefits from Bob being a Normal-type Pokémon. Overall, it's a 135 Power move that can't miss, unless the enemy takes no damage from Normal-type moves. Storm Throw was a choice because it always strikes critically, allowing him to bypass Defense ups, as well as only having 60 Power causes Technician to activate. With the way the Mechanics behind critical hits work, it roughly equates to a move that has 135 Power. It also gives Bob a means to stop being walled by Steels and Rock types, while having some means to fight back. Shadow Sneak is useful because it gives Bob a priority move that benefits from Technician, but also prevents him from being walled by Ghost-type Pokémon, as they're immune to both of his other moves. Finally, he's got Spore for a reliable means to put a foe to sleep.

My next project is a Solar Power Sunflora. I've started using BP to get access to the tutors on the Battle Resort. In this particular case, I've given Sunflora the move Earth Power. I'll dive into the specifics behind the set when I reach level 100 with the Pokémon.

PokemonOwn

So, after blazing through the watery road, I finally made my way to Mossdeep City. Without any hesitation, I headed straight towards the Gym. The Trainers inside ended up proving more difficult than Tate and Liza themselves, as a single Surf from Lombre took them out. This gave me access to Dive outside of battle and TM04 - Calm Mind. Anyway, after clearing that, a huge beam of light erupted from nowhere. Steven appeared outside the Gym and then took me to his house to discuss some more. He gifted me the Dive HM and I taught it to my Lombre. He also gave me the Devon Scuba Gear, so I could breathe underwater. I left.

A Youngster outside of Steven's House kindly gifted me a King's Rock, which I quickly put on my Breloom. I also dug through my bag and retrieved a Mystic Water to give to my Lombre. I decided to explore the rest of what Mossdeep had to offer. On the South-West of the beach, I found a Big Pearl, which I sold in the Pokemart for 3,750 Pokedollars. A Woman in the Pokemart also gifted me TM60 - Quash. In a house close to the Poke Mart, there lived a Fisherman. He gifted me a Super Rod, and on my way out I spotted a Revive on the ground nearby. I picked it up. Inside of the Mossdeep Space Centre I talked to a Sailor who gave me a Sun Stone that he had found on the Beach. This finally gave me a chance to evolve my Gloom into a Bellossom. I then checked the AreaNav for Fisherman Elliot on Route 106 to see if he was up for a battle, so I could get a Water Stone for Lombre. I quickly flew to Dewford to heal up my Pokemon after Tate and Liza. First I rematched Backpacker Graeme just for the EXP, and to my surprise, his Vigoroth pushed Breloom to level up and learn Seed Bomb! A good replacement for Mega Drain. Next up was Fisherman Elliot. My Tropius, Bellossom and Mega Sceptile made quick work out of his Tentacruel, Gyarados and Whiscash, but to my dismay, I wasn't given a Water Stone for my efforts. I flew back to Mossdeep, healed up, and was ready to make my way to Sootopolis.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I kept moving around the Mauville City Gym and I battled and beat a Guitarist, Battle Girl and Youngster and their Electric Pokemon as I wandered around and pressed a few more switches. I left the Mauville City Gym afterwards to heal my Pokemon again and then I walked back inside and finally solved the Gym puzzle. I battled against Gym Leader Wattson and he used Magnemite and I used my Marshtomp. I defeated Magnemite with Mud Shot and Wattson sent Voltorb. I defeated Voltorb with my Marshtomp's Mud Shot as well and then I battled his Magneton. I used my Manectric and I beat Wattson's Magneton with Flamethrower. I obtained the Dynamo Badge and Volt Switch TM from Wattson afterwards and saved.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Well.... I finally caught Deoxys after my accident during the first encounter, of course I had to battle the E4 and Steven again, but it wasn't that much of a challenge... I did need to heal once against Steven, but the rest fell like dominoes in an earthquake.

The deoxys battle went as expected, tried a quick ball on the first turn, shouldn't have done that, and a Hyperbeam from Deoxys later my Pikachu had fainted, so no paralysis. Fortunately Paralysis wasn't needed. I had Metagross Hold Back until it came down to 0, then I tried some weak balls, had to heal Metagross once, but eventually I decided to just go for the Ultra Ball instead of messing around with weaker balls, and three shakes later Deoxys was caught.

Then I got my second round of daily secret bases, and did the berry/secret base run. I am now up to 818 flags, which gives me hope that I might hit platinum rank before Xmas. Almost 150 flags today. Two more days like that, and boom, there it is. As for my friend rewards today, got another Kee berry, which isn't really needed as I have been growing the first one I got (It produced 7 new berries), and a Maranga Berry, which was nice as I was missing that one. Other than that I got a Leaf and a Thunder Stone, a couple of everstones, some common berries, two ultra balls, two escape ropes, and Rare Candy, also got some eggs taken care of. I don't know exactly how much they reduce the amount of steps needed with, but two "Take Care of an Egg" tend to almost hatch Froakie Eggs. So I am guessing a reduction of about 2500 steps or so, unless it is percentage based.

My current goal is to catch the last couple of Legends I am missing in AS (Heatran, the three Beasts, Thundurus, Regigigas, Zekrom), and then breed/level up/trade for non-legendaries I am missing in the National Dex. I will get the Shiny Charm, oh yes indeed. It is only a matter of how long it will take. :)

Edit: In your battle resort, catching pokemans. ;)

Last edited: