• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After beating both Gabby and Ty in a Double Battle and giving an interview, I rode my bike around Route 111 and I battled a few more trainers before reaching the desert area of the route, but I couldn't access that place yet due to sandstorms. I hurried west afterwards Route 112 and I met up with my pal May again and after chatting and looking at Mt. Chimney, I got the Strength HM from her and she also healed my team for me. I trained my team in the tall grass nearby and caught a wild Machop and Numel there and leveled up my team. I then wandered toward Mt. Chimney and battled a couple of Hikers at the foot of the volcano and I entered the Fiery Path next. I battled Pokemon and caught a Koffing and Torkoal.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Well, today has been a good day, my current Flag count after the last secret base/berry run is 936, which gives me a pretty good chance of hitting 1k tomorrow. I've also gotten a boatload of various evo stones from my secret friends (and about half a dozen everstones). I also got the last berry I needed from my friends (Maranga), and have started to fill out my national dex by breeding/evolving pokemon, as well as catching the few still available to be caught in Hoenn... Except Bronzor. I spent the better part of two friggin hours on the outside grass areas of Mt. Pyre, and not *one* friggin Bronzor. >.<

I did get four eeveelutions though, specifically Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, and Sylveon. Can confirm that the Sylveon Evolution method works in ORAS if anyone had any doubts. Still missing Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, and Glaceon, but they are relatively easy to get as well, just need to catch a few more Eevee's first. :)

Then I threw about half a dozen Froakies to Wonder Trade, and ended up with a couple of pokemon I was missing, Specifically a Carnivine and a Flabebe. So that was nice. The rest where wurmples, zigzagoons, and the like, and got released. I Also caught my favorite Ghost type pokemon Misdreavus today, not the most powerful of the ghosts, but it was my first Shiny way back in D/P/Pt, so that is probably why (Second favorite ghost type is Sableye, third is Shuppet/Banette).

Other than that, not much to say really. :)

xEryChan

Demon Child
Picking up from where I left off.

I went on to Route 103 and I defeated all of the trainers on the route before I caught some Pokemon. I caught a Lotad, a Surskit, and a Ralts. I also did some DexNav hunting and I got some pretty useful Pokemon, such as Lotad with Razor Leaf, a Poochyena with Ice Fang, and a male Ralts with Confuse Ray, before making my way to the next place.

I arrived in Petalburg City and immediately stopped in the Pokemon Center to heal up and deposit some Pokemon in the PC. After I left the Pokemon Center, I made my over to the gym and spoke to Norman, who was outside. Once inside the gym, I met Wally and I helped him catch his first Pokemon.

After I left Petalburg City, I entered the Sothern part of Route 104 and I battle the two trainers there before catching a Taillow for my party. I ran back to the Pokemon Center in Petalburg to pick up my Taillow before making way back to the Route.

I stopped in front of the Petalburg Woods and saved the progress I had made.

Party Pokemon

Treecko
Lotad
Ralts
Poochyena
Zigzagoon
Taillow

Lorde

I switched over to my main Omega Ruby this afternoon after setting that aside a few weeks ago. I saw Steven at Meteor Falls and he had apparently gotten the second Meteorite Shard that was needed. He introduced me to the old woman who was from the ancient Draconid people. She told us about the Lorekeeper who was actually Zinnia and afterwards Steven headed back to Rustboro City. I used my DexNav and found and caught a wild Deino while I was at Meteor Falls, then I caught a Bagon and headed back out. I used my Eon Flute and soared until I arrived at a Mirage Cave north of Fallarbor Town. I caught a wild Slowpoke and Tynamo there and then I flew to Pacifidlog Town and saved my game there.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went underwater again and headed to the Seafloor Cavern. I made it all the way to the end, where I saw Maxie and Archie again. Maxie battled me and sent out his Mightyena against my Gardevoir. I defeated it with Moonblast and then KOed Weezing using Psyshock. Crobat was my next opponent, so I switched to Altaria and spammed Return until it fainted. Maxie saved his Camerupt for last while I stuck with Altaria. Both of our Pokemon Mega Evolved and Altaria won using Earthquake.

After that battle, Groudon awoke and rose out of the sea. We all then had to return to the surface, where the sunlight was very intense. I had to return to Sootopolis City after that. I met up with Steven and Wallace there and they took me over to the entrance to the Cave of Origin. There, I talked to them, along with May and Team Magma & Aqua, before heading inside.

In the cave, I wandered all the way down to the bottom, where I met Groudon. After some cutscenes, I saved and battled it. I had to reset about three times because my Pokemon fainted it, usually because of critical hits thanks to all their Amie boosts...
Eventually caught Groudon on my fourth try. I made my way back outside and saw that everything was back to normal. Steven gave me the Eon Flute item and I used it to soar back over to Littleroot Town. I visited Prof. Birch and had him upgrade my Pokedex to the National Dex.

After that, I spent some time going to various mirage spots. I caught several Pokemon, such as Sunkern, Tangela, and Audino.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Made quite a bit of progress since my last post here.

I entered the Petalburg Woods and began to make my way towards the exit. I battled a Bug Catcher and easily beat his Wurmple with my new Taillow. I eventually came across a Devon Reseacher, who was being bothered by a Team Aqua Grunt, who challenged me to a battle. I easily beat his Poochyena with my Taillow and he eventually fled. The Devon Researcher gave me the Exp. Share and he healed up my Pokemon before leaving. I kept going and battled another Bug Catcher. Taillow easily beat his Nincada and I had finally reached the exit.

I finally arrived on the northern part of Route 104. I got TM49 from a Youngster outside before entering the shop. I received a berry from a little girl inside and the Wailmer Pail from another inside of the shop. I walked outside and went behind the shop, where I found a hidden Pokeball and a super potion. I continued further on in the route, where I battled two trainers, a lady and a lass before making my way towards the wooden bridge and I beat the Twins on the bridge in a double battle and after the battle, my Lotad evolved into Lombre. I also picked up a two Oran berries and two Cheri berries. I stopped and saved right outside of Rustboro City.

Party Pokemon

Treecko
Lombre
Taillow
Ralts
Zigzagoon
Poochyena

PokemonOwn

Following last time, I flew to Mossdeep Space Centre to talk to Steven. I was led upstairs to hand over the Meteorite Shard, where I was told we must head to Meteor Falls to obtain another, purer one. After going there, I headed back to Rustboro to save the old Scientist from the Team Aqua Grunt once again. After heading back to Mossdeep again I bested the Five Grunts with a single Surf. Following Zinnia back to the Aqua Hideout, I navigated my way to her through numerous Aqua Grunts. After finding Zinnia, she tells me I must follow her to the Sky Pillar to summon Rayquaza. Archie also gifts me a Sharpedonite for my troubles. However, first I get the Master Ball and go back to the Space Centre to meet up with Steven. After that, I am told to find Wallace at the Cave of Origin in Sootopolis. When I do that, I grab my Synchronized Jolly Abra and head to Route 131. On my way there I find Pacifidlog Town. In Pacifidlog, I find a Kangaskhanite, TM56 - Fling, TM27 - Return, and TM03 - Psyshock. Before I could have access to Sky Pillar, I had to fight Wallace, who got steamrolled by my All-Grass team. After clambering up Sky Pillar and listening to Zinna's Dialouge, I went back down and found TM64 - Explosion. Then, I had to fight.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught an unknown and a happini on omega ruby. I temporarily lost it though >.> for the time being I'm going to start evolving everything in alpha sapphire that I can evolve right now.

Polecat

Cool Cat
I'm currently at Fallarbor Town. I would progress, but unfortunately my 3DS broke while in my backpack (The top screen LEDs are broken or something, I'm just getting a black screen) so I'm waiting till Christmas or whenever I get an XL to continue. Anyway, my current party is:

Combusken "Firebird"
Kadabra "Houdini"
Aron "Blitz"

Once I resume playing I'm going to add a Flygon and a Kecleon. For a Water-type I'm either going with Crawdaunt or Walrein.

Lorde

On Alpha Sapphire, I ran through the Fiery Path and I battled a few more wild Pokemon and I also caught a wild Slugma and Grimer as I moved around. I saw a boulder nearby, but since I couldn't use Strength to push it yet, I instead left the cavern and I battled a Street Thug at Route 111's northern side next. After slaying his Mightyena with Lombre, I picked a few Persim & Razz Berries from patches of soil nearby as well. I walked north some more afterwards and I encountered a man named Aarune by a large tree. I received the Secret Power TM from him after chatting with him and I entered the Secret Base that he made in said tree. After speaking with Aarune about Super-Secret Bases, I decorated my base.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Made a lot of progress.

I arrived in Rustboro and ran into my main squeeze, May. She talked for a bit before running off. I ran to the Rustboro Pokemon Center and healed up before exploring Rustboro City. I stopped in the PokeMart first, where I got the TM for False Swipe. Next, I went to the Cutter's house and got HM01. I also stopped by the Trainers School and got the Quick Claw from teacher. After that, I made my way to Route 116 to level up my Lombre before taking on the gym. I battled the first trainer I saw, a youngster, and my Taillow took out his Zigzagoon and his Machop. After that, I kept going. I battled a Bug Catcher next and my Taillow easily his Wurmple, Nincada, and Silcoon. The next trainer I fought was a Lass and I was able to beat her Marill with my Lombre. The last trainer I battled was a hiker and I easily beat his three Geodude's with my Lombre before heading back to Rustboro to take on the gym.

I arrived in the gym, where I met the gym leader, Roxanne. She talked to me for a bit before heading back and I proceeded to battle the three gym trainers. After the last one, I went back to the Pokemon Center to heal up before returning to battle Roxanne. She sent out Geodude first and I sent out my Lombre to battle it. Lombre attacked it first with a bubble but it survived it because of Sturdy. Roxanne used a potion to heal it up but it didn't get enough HP so I was able to take it out with another bubble. After that, she sent out her Nosepass. I kept my Lombre out and used a bubble on the Nosepass, which it survive. It took three hits of bubble to knock it out and defeat Roxanne, who gave me the Stone Badge.

Once I stepped outside, I saw a Team Aqua Grunt running out of the Devon Company building, heading towards Route 116. The same Devon Researcher I saved from a Team Aqua grunt followed him out towards Route 116. I quickly ran back to the Pokemon Center to heal up before going to Route 116.

Right on the outskirts of Rustboro, I ran into that same Devon Researcher, who filled me in on what happened and begged me to get the Devon Parts back from Team Aqua. I made my way towards the Rusturf Tunnel, where I saw Mr. Briney right outside. He told me that his beloved Wingull was taken by Team Aqua so I had to rescue Peeko as well, I went into the Rusturf Tunnel to retrieve the Devon Parts and to save Peeko. I made my way back to where the grunt was with Peeko and I battled him. I got the Devon Parts back and I saved Peeko in the process. Mr. Briney came in and thanked me for saving Peeko before heading back to his cottage. I eventually left the cave but not before I cut down a nearby shrub, battled two school kids, and obtained some berries.

I went back to Rustboro, where I was stopped by that Devon Reseacher. He gave me a great ball for getting the parts back and brought me up to see Mr. Stone, who gave me the BuzzNav function for the PokeNav Plus and a letter for Steven.

I did some backtracking and cut down some nearby shrubs to pick up some items. I also caught a Shroomish inside of the Petalburg Woods before reaching Mr. Briney's Cottage. I talked to him and we set sail for Dewford.

Party Pokemon

Treecko
Lombre
Taillow
Ralts
Poochyena
Zigzagoon

PokemonOwn

So, I had to fight Rayquaza. However, with the Master Ball, it was taken care of quite easily, as was the following battle with Zinnia. I fainted the following Deoxys battle so I could capture it later. After that, I obtain the S.S Ticket so I can head to the Resort Island. However, turns out Birch was being attacked by a wild Shroomish. After choosing Totodile, I soared over to Slateport to not only box my Rayquaza, but to head to the Battle Resort. When I arrived, Team Magma's Courtney gifted me a Cameruptite, and a PokeManiac gave me a VS. Recorder. After healing, I decided to explore the island. By giving $100 in the Day-Care Centre, I was given TM87 - Swagger. In a hut on the left side of the island I managed to find a Gengarite. On the Eastern side of the island I went into a house, of which a man gifted me a Footprint Ribbon upon seeing my Sceptile, and a woman gave me a Level Release for my Secret Base. On my travels I also met Looker, whom seemed to had lost his memory. He gifted me an Audinite upon helping him. Now, for TM Collecting.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I returned to the Berry Master's house and harvested the berry plants I grew in the nearby fields. Then, I did some more Secret Base flag collecting throughout the day. I now have over 370 flags.

Aside from that, I returned to Mauville City and talked to Wattson. I then went up to his house and he told me to go to New Mauville. So, I Surfed over to the entrance and went inside. I walked around for a while and completed the sidequest, then returned to Mauville to receive the Thunderbolt TM from Wattson.

After that, I flew back to Sootopolis and went into the Gym. I defeated all the trainers on the lower level and then started working on the ice puzzles. The puzzles weren't too hard, but I messed up a few times because I don't have the skills to walk diagonally when I really need to. >_>
Once I got to the end of the Gym, I challenged Wallace to a battle. I sent out my Swampert and defeated Luvdisc with an Earthquake. Then, I decided to switch over to Altaria as Milotic came out. I Mega Evolved Altaria and started to set up Dragon Dances, though I did have to heal several times because of Milotic's Ice Beam (and Altaria getting frozen a couple times). But once Altaria had a few boosts, it was able to OHKO the rest of Wallace's team with Return.

I received the Rain Badge and the Waterfall HM. I headed back outside after that and returned to Meteor Falls. I climbed up the Waterfall there and looked around the upper level of the cave. There were a few trainers to battle and I captured a Bagon.

;260; ;282; ;314; ;323; ;334; ;350;
Lv. 47-48

PokemonOwn

First off, I flew to Slateport and bought the following TMs from the Marketplace:
TM01 - Hone Claws
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM76 - Struggle Bug
TM100 - Confide
I headed back to the Fiery Path for my next TM. While I was there, I headed to Lavaridge to quickly pick up the Houndoomite. While I was there, I met Aarune, who showed me a Secret Base Spot and gave me TM96 - Nature Power. After pushing a few boulders, I found a Charizardite X, a Fire Stone, and TM06 - Toxic. While I was there, I also moved my Secret Base and battled one of the Blissey Trainers inside. Back on my travels, I headed North of Mossdeep and moved my Secret Base around Shoal Cave (Indecisive, I know). However, I couldn't get the TM because it wasn't Low Tide. I then headed to Mauville to pick up a bunch of TMs from the Pokemart.

TM09 - Venoshock
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM57 - Charge Beam
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM82 - Dragon Tail
TM98 - Power-Up Punch

Whilst in the Pokemart, a girl also gifted me TM58 - Sky Drop.

Aetius

Recently I have finally reached a flag count of 500+ and thus rightfully reached the golden rank.
While doing this, I've also captured all the wild Pokèmon available in AS and I'm about to finish training and evolving them.
As for the rest, I'm collecting items that I'm still missing and in order to finish this hunt I will have to earn a lot of BP in the Battle Maison. :D

PokemonOwn

Following on from my last TM gathering adventure, I headed to Fortree City, upon which an Old Lady gifted me TM10 - Hidden Power for solving her challenge. Next up, I headed east of Fortree and Surfed on the lake below the bridge. In the nearby Scorched Slab was TM11 - Sunny Day. Next up was the Trick House. This was the first time I accomplished it, and I was rewarded with an Expert Belt as well as TM12 - Taunt. For TM13 - Ice Beam, I had to go to Sea Mauville. I did the Mission with the Keys to get me Ice Beam and also found TM18 - Rain Dance on the Upper Deck. Using the Nuggets found alongside Ice Beam and a Beedrilite, I flew to Lilycove Department Store to buy the following TMs:

TM17 - Protect
TM20 - Safeguard
TM33 - Reflect
TM16 - Light Screen
TM35 - Fire Blast
TM25 - Thunder
TM14 - Blizzard

I was out of money and unable to buy the others. I headed back to Pacifidlog to pick up TM21 - Frustration from the same place I got Return earlier. To spice things up a bit, I decided to get my second Bike. I talked to all of the necessary people and was gifted an Acro Bike from Rydel. On my travels to do so I found TM62 - Acrobatics. After I got my second Bike I flew to the Safari Zone. This allowed me to obtain TM22 - Solar Beam, TM55 - Energy Ball and TM93 - Wild Charge.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Just broke 1000 flags, attaining platinum rank. And I'm not even done with my first base run of the day. >.<

It was mostly due to no less than two of my secret friends gave me between 25-30 flags each (with a few more from a couple of others). As such I now have the Garchompite, and can use my friends abilities twice in a day.

I also evolved an Eevee into an Espeon, so I've only got three left there (Umbreon, which I am planning on getting tonight, Leafeon, and Glaceon, both of which I can get whenever). Evolved a Deerling into a Sawsbuck, and a Diglett into a Dugtrio. I traded a few pokemon over from my X game yesterday, including a Sneasel, which I promptly evolved to a Weavile as my AS game had two Razor Claws, the second one will be used once I have time to breed a proper Sneasel (A female with a speedy nature, and a good speed IV, shiny optional). I the realized that I have almost twice as much game time on AS than on X. >.<

I will be playing a little X over the next couple of days, between playing on AS, mostly to catch pokemon I can't get in AS without getting lucky on the GTS or Wondertrade. And yes, sadly that includes Bidoof. >.<
I will also be catching the three legendaries I am missing on X, specifically Zygarde, Mewtwo, and (I think it's) Zapdos. They shouldn't be to difficult, I am actually leveling up my X Capture team at the moment. Besides the stuff I haven't caught yet, I still have two and a half boxes of stuff to trade over. Fortunately I have two DS systems. X is on my old 3DS, while X is on my new 3DSXL (which was my Xmas present to myself together with AS). Hopefully I will get Y or OR during Xmas, if not I'll likely get money which allows me to purchase the games. :)

Anyway, that's about all for now.

Flamer

Finally had the chance to sit down and get a good few straight hours of game time in. Decided to turn off battle switching to make things a little more challenging. Can't say its had a huge effect, since most of the time I can switch in without taking too much of a hit, but at least its better than just switching to a Pokemon with a type advantage and OHKOing the opponent's team.

Finished off the Team Aqua story, which was a lot of fun. Loved the cut scenes. The battle against Archie was reasonably straight forward. Had wanted to use Mega Latias against him, but she was KOed when switching in, so ended up taking him down with Mega Metagross instead. Used Mega Latias against Kyogre instead, which worked pretty well. Mist Ball lowered its Sp.Atk so far that even Ice Beam had very little effect, giving me plenty of time to burn through about 15 Ultra Balls catching it.

Replaced Latias with Kyogre ahead of the Gym battle with Wallace. Was going well with Kyogre as the lead until I came up against his Millotic. Not so much un-moveable object meeting unstoppable force, more un-moveable object meeting un-moveable object, which resulted in a bit of a deadlock. Instead of waiting for Millotic to run out of Recovers, I switched in Mega Swampert and took it down with him.

Spent a bit of time soaring around on Latias after that. Went back to Littleroot to get the National Dex, and also won my first contest in Saltpetre, (and got the cosplay Pikachu)

Now heading up Victory Road and to the Pokemon League. Latias is back in the team, having replaced Mighteyna.

As I play thru Alpha Saphirre I'm continually pulled back into breeding and training on Y for more players to use. I just beat the 3rd gym and am searching the 4 outlets from Mauville City to see where to go next. I love playing thru a new game blind :)