• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

So I found the Mirage Mountain with Elekid today, which is most fortuitous, as I've been thinking about swapping out my Sinnoh team's Lucario for an Electivire recently. So I got to work DexNavving for, what ended up being 9 Elekid; some with three max IVs, some with the egg moves I wanted, some with the nature I wanted, and a couple with the Electirizers I'll need to evolve it later (altho because I don't have a spare 3DS, finding a trade partner will be an issue.) In order to get all three egg moves and the nature I wanted onto one single Elekid, I had to evolve and breed four Elekid in a row, one all the way from Lv.1. I eventually hatched a male one with an Adamant nature and Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Cross Chop. I taught him the Wild Charge TM and evolved him into an Electabuzz, then boxed him until I can find a trade partner to evolve him into an Electivire.

Edit: And I just bred a male Adamant Telepathy Ralts, to become a Justified Gallade when I find a Dawn Stone (I stupidly sold the one Wally gave me... :( ) It looks like I'll either have to beg my Secret Pals, or keep pounding on the Mysterious Sisters in Sea Mauville until they cough one up.

Edit2: Secret pals trolled me with a Shiny Stone (so close...!) a Water Stone, and a mountain of Everstones, and the Mysterious Sisters are slow to regenerate rematches, so it looks like I'll have to try again tomorrow. I hate Super Training, I can't beat the missions, so I'll have to rely on every alternate source I can grind to try to find another Dawn Stone.

Last edited:

CanadianGuyEh

I bred myself a Male Darmanitan with it's hidden ability Zen Mode. Bold nature, while holding focus band.
4 Perfect i.vs into Sp def, HP, Atk, & Speed. With added pts into Sp.Atk & Defense.

Moveset:
Belly Drum
Focus Blast
Zen Headbutt
Hidden Power ( Dragon )

Nicknamed him Sun Wukong, named after the Monkey God. And in Japan, he is know as Son Goku.

Kinda befitting in homage of Goku & Dragonball.
So in respect, gonna rename him as Goku.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So after I decorated my Super-Secret Base, I wandered back outside and walked through Route 111's northern area a bit. After beating some Fairy Tale Girl's Spoink and Mawile with my Numel and Manectric, I picked several Nanab and Rawst Berries and I met up with my pal May when I arrived at Route 113. I had my team healed for me again by her and then she left after mentioning Professor Cozmo. I walked through ashy tall grass of Route 113 and caught a wild Spinda, Skarmory and Sandshrew for my growing collection. I battled a Ninja Boy, Parasol Lady and Fairy Tale Girl after that and I then arrived at the Glass Workshop and obtained the Soot Sack key item to collect volcanic ash in. I went back outside and saved.

Monasti

Just caught my first ever Deoxys, completed the Hoenn dex and then moved on to the national.
I left out side quests until I had completed it, so I have now completed the Sea Mauville quest, and have travelled to the Battle resort. I also completed New Mauville.
Next up - collecting all the mega stones from around Hoenn.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I went to several mirage spots while soaring. I caught several Pokemon, including Tynamo and Slowpoke. Then, I noticed that Cresselia's island had appeared! I landed on it and battled Cresselia. My Camerupt weakened it to red health and then I successfully captured it after about a dozen Ultra Balls.

After that, I returned to several ocean routes to explore them more thoroughly. I covered Routes 128-131 and battled all the trainers there and visited all the Dive spots. I found some interesting items while underwater, such as a few plates and the orbs for the Sinnoh cover legendaries. When I was done with that, I Surfed over to Ever Grande City and climbed up the waterfall.

I went inside the Pokemon Center just above the waterfall and healed. Then, I headed into Victory Road. I looked around the whole cave and battled some more people. At the end, I encountered my good friend Wally again and had to battle him. My Camerupt defeated his Altaria after several attacks, then took out Roselia and Magneton with Lava Plume. I switched to Swampert to deal with Delcatty and then my Mega Altaria KOed Mega Gallade with Return.

After the battle, Wally gave me a Dawn Stone and then I found the exit. I walked into the Pokemon League building and healed. I think I will do some more exploring and training around Hoenn before taking on the Elite Four, though.

OH MY LORD ARCEUS!!! It took up my whole evening, but I've FINALLY managed to pilfer a Dawn Stone from the Mysterious Sisters in Sea Mauville! My Kirlia levelled up to Lv.49, and I'd collected 5 Destiny Knots from the nearby Young Couple and a PP Up from an Ace Trainer on Rte. 108 by the time I'd finished, but I finally have what I've been seeking for the past three hours--an Adamant Justified Gallade! I'm not willing to grind out another 8 BP at the Battle Maison for Ice Punch, but the rest of his moveset is sufficiently complete for his level and build--he knows Psycho Cut, Close Combat, Leaf Blade, and Night Slash. I am so done! :D

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
Soft resetting for HP/ Def/ SpD IVs for Registeel.
Don't get how but I keep failing to get these three, with a Careful Nature.
This is making me doubt Synchronize.

Also, gave up on SR'ing Virizion for IVs and settled with Jolly Atk/ SpD/ Spe with 30 HP IVs and 27 Def IVs.
I figure that's as good as I will get after 2 days of frustration. (I am impatient)

Lorde

I finished walking along Route 113 and I soon arrived in Fallarbor Town and I met up with May again and we both walked into Professor Cozmo's house afterwards. Once inside, I heard about Professor Cozmo being abducted by Team Aqua and I went to heal my darlings at Fallarbor Town's Pokemon Center. I met Lanette inside and she invited me to her house at Route 114. After stocking up on a few things at the Poke Mart, I headed west and arrived at the Fossil Maniac's home and got the Dig TM from a little boy there. I walked back outside and got the Roar TM at Route 114 from a man with a Poochyena and I battled a few trainers as I ran along a bridge. I then arrived at Lanette's house and saved my game.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Did a slew of legendary captures today, part of which was aided by a friend of mines and a few key trades from his end.

- Landorus: I already had a Thunderus, but needed Tornadus to trigger Landorus's appearance. So a friend of mines traded me his Tornadus temporarily so I could initiate the encounter (and I gave him my Omanyte. All praise the Helix Fossil for allowing me to be able to initiate these legendary encounters). Took me a few Hold Backs from my Metagross and 20-30 Pokeballs to capture it.

- Giratina: Afterwards, I was looking at the legendaries I had, and I realized I haven't captured Giratana (and thus needed Palkia to trigger the encounter). I traded back Tornadus, received my friend's Palkia in return, grabbed my Dialgia from the PC, and went off to try to catch Giratina. Sent out my Manectric to paralyze it using Thunder Wave, then withdrew him and sent out Metagross. However, I completely forgot that Giratina was a dual Ghost/Dragon type and thus my Metagross's Hold Back didn't work.

Well **** me, I was now in a tight situation I wasn't prepared for in the first place. Then I realized my Dialgia was in my party and could be my solution to weakening Giratana without KOing it. I then withdrew Metagross and sent Dialgia out, and ordered it to use Roar of Time. Lucky me - Roar of Time was super effective and reduced its HP to less than 10%. One failed Shadow Force later (thanks to the paralysis kicking in), I was able to use a Poke Ball, and to my surprise, Giratina was caught on that first Poke Ball I used. To start off in a bad position at the very beginning, this was a freaking sweet way to end the encounter.

- Zekrom: Well it's funny how one thing can lead to another. For me, the Palkia I got from my friend to trigger the Giratina encounter was level 100...and thus this meant that I could encounter Zekrom and try to capture it! After a quick trip to a nearby Pokemon Center to heal and change my party a bit, as well as a trip to the Mart to stock up on Poke Balls, I went soaring on Latias to find Zekrom's location. It didn't take long - once I found it, I descended, walked up to the ring, saved the game, and initiated the encounter. Despite the fact that Zekrom had a catch rate of 45 (5.9%), it took me a bit longer than I expected to capture it - 30-40 Poke Balls, to be exact.

- Kyurem: And if that wasn't the end of it, I realized that I could initiate the Kyurem encounter with a Reshiram and my newly-caught Zekrom in my party. After a quick trade to send back Palkia to my friend in exchange for his Reshiram and added Zekrom to my party, and off I went to find Kyurem. It didn't take long - found the Gnarled Den, descended, went into the cave, used the Dowsing Machine to locate the DNA Splicers, went up to the ring, saved and initiated the encounter. This time, it wasn't a messy affair; quickly paralyzed Kyruem with Manectric's Thunder Wave, and sent its HP down to 1 using my Metagross's Hold Back. And afterwards it took me 20-30 Poke Balls to capture Kyurem.

All together, it was an eventful day filled with capturing legendaries I wasn't able to encounter before due to the prerequisite requirements I could not fulfill. And it's all because of the Omnayte - all praise the Helix Fossil for today's events. Now I need to finish up capturing the rest of the Johto legendary beasts (Suicune and Entei) and capture the Regi trio + Regigigas, and I'll be done with capturing legendaries in Alpha Sapphire for good.

Last edited:

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I'm still leveling Magdelena, but I'll tell more about that process when it's done. Aside from leveling, I've mainly been trying to get two things.

First off, all the TM's. I have all but three of them: TM74, TM84, and TM91. All three of these are found on Mirage Spots, which irritates me to all heck. I have been using the Passersby Street Pass function built into the game, although it drives me bonkers that I still haven't been lucky enough to get these three islands. TM74 is found in the Mirage Forest north of Route 111. This also happens to be my leveling hot spot, as well, so it taunts me every day it's not there! TM84 is found in the Mirage Mountain north of Lilycove City. It's the one with the Acro Bike bridges. TM91 is found on the Mirage Island east of the Shoal Cave. It's the one with the broken down building.

Second thing that I'm doing is trying to accrue BP for the tutors. I've mainly been using the Pokémon Bank, but I had an issue with it the other day. I had saved up about 50 or so BP, but somehow the Bank sent it to my game as PokeMiles instead, reducing the balance to zero. This happened the day before I started leveling Magdelena, who I had planned on using a Tutor for Earth Power. Suffice it to say, I was pretty mad. I ended up just using the Battle Maison for the 12 BP that I needed, and used a Hoenn Team for it. I led with Dancer, my shiny Mawile with Sheer Force, and backed her up with several other Pokémon. I did Doubles, and managed to build up an 11-win streak before stopping. I only needed 12 BP, so trying to go all out for a full blown win was pretty pointless. I've since taken it upon myself to send over all the BP I have accrued in my Bank to my copy of Omega Ruby before launching Omega Ruby. I get about 2-3 BP per day, which isn't much. However, it's also free BP. If ever I need more BP, I can just use the Maison for a bit and get that last little bit that I need.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I returned to the western half of Hoenn in order to explore the water routes stretching from Peralburg to Slateport. I Surfed on the water there and battled a whole ton of trainers. There was a Dive spot I found just passed Dewford Town, so I spent some time underwater again too.

Then, I entered Sea Mauville. In the underwater portion of it, I found the Scanner very easily since I remembered its location from my AS playthrough. I managed to obtain several keys and eventually unlocked the door to the storage room, where I found a ton of Nuggets. Also, I encountered Spiritomb there and captured it by tossing just a single Quick Ball at it. When that was done, I returned to Slateport and obtained a Clear Bell from Captain Stern in exchange for the Scanner.

Next, I updated my BuzzNav and got some more Secret Bases in my game. I visited all of them and picked up some flags, allowing me to surpass 400 flags collected. I obtained a few stones from the Secret Pals in my base, including a Dawn and a Dusk Stone.
Finally, I went to a few mirage spots and found some items there. I saved in Pacifidlog because I plan to explore the fast current routes next.

Flamer

Made it through Victory Road and to the Pokemon League. Decided to bring Mightyena back into the team in place of Linoone, who's never been hugely useful in battles.

None of the Elite 4 battles themselves were overly challenging. Steven was good fun though. He managed to take down Primal Kyogre, but Mightyena managed to hold his Mega Metagross off long enough for me to heal Swampert, who'd fainted earlier in the battle. Swampert then came in, Mega evolved and took the win :)

The end credits were very nice. Loved the way it showed the Pokemon you used during the important battles. Only been playing the game for a few weeks, but was getting nostalgic about Mudkip and Poocheyna's early battles. The final battle against May was a nice way to round things off

Now I'm back in Littleroot and off to start work on my dex. Didn't put much effort into catching stuff during the story, so gonna go around the region a bit with my DexNav and catch all the easy wins before working on the harder stuff and getting involved with trading.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
After the Trip back to Petalburg with Brendan, I made a trip over to Petalburg Woods. I decided i wanted to catch a Shroomish since i never saw a wild one the first time i went through. along the way i ran into " Rich Boy Winston" who i never fought. Once i found and caught a Shroomish, it was finally time for my 5th Gym badge. Katana was the only pokemon i needed for this gym, since she is part Steel type. Only trouble i had was against Normans first Slaking. He kept using yawn, and as soon as Katana would wake up, he'd yawn again. After the fight was a trip to Mauville with Wally. Taught Hulk surf, then it was off to Route 118. Ran into trouble with a wild Pelipper who managed to KO 3 of my pokemon. After a quick trip back to Mauville, i ran into Steven on Route 118. We were visited by Latias here and it took us to Southern Island. Apperently it needed us to save Latios from Team Magma. Once we saved it, Latios joined my party. Had to send Katana to the PC temporarily to make room. Once back on route 118 i journeyed over to the Berry farm on route 123. Took a good 10 minutes running around the farm picking and replanting all the berrys. Decided to take a break after so i could let all the berry trees regrow.

Team

;302; Gemini lvl 32
;259; Hulk lvl 32
;294; PopStar lvl 32
;315; ThornRow lvl 31
;227; Katana lvl 32

I have 340 flags for my Secret Base now, and at 16 a day, it's slow going. But, at least my own Secret Base is full of women! Almost all of my Secret Pals are female characters, with the exception of Serebii's male Ace Trainer. I would have five girls in my base, but the only other female character whose base code I've scanned is a hacker with a team of shiny legendaries, so she's not welcome in my harem. I guess it'd probably be better if I deleted her base entirely and scanned a new one, but I'm lazy. Edit: Not lazy enough! I've found a suitable fifth woman for my troupe of secret ladies, and her base is quite lovely, as well! Welcome to my secret paradise!

Last edited:

Legendary Dreams

When I last left off here about a week ago, I caught Regigigas right after unlocking the National Dex after the Primal Groudon Storyline. I then proceeded to sweep Wallace with Regigigas for the Rain Badge since I wanted access to Waterfall areas. The battle was initially hard, but once Wallace made the mistake of having Milotic use Recover several times, enough for Regigigas to get its act together, it became a literal sweep.

Caught a Bagon to complete the list of pokemon I could catch prior to the National Dex. I briefly considered re-routing all the places to catch the National Dex Pokemon, but after some consideration, I decided that unlocking the Battle Resort to enable breeding was probably more important, so I decided to prepare the E4 team first. I cleared New Mauville and Sea Mauville out and finally started a bit on the Super Secret Bases with regards to Secret Pals (was only collecting flags before, since I know flag-collecting is going to be a long process). I also cleared out Victory Road so I could gain fly/soar access to the league first.

A few days later (and exactly a month after I started the adventure), I decided to finally face the Pokemon League. I initially wanted to obtain a second Dawn Stone, but since neither Sea Mauville and my base didn't yield me any, I used the one Wally gave me on my Snorunt. I didn't want to use it initially since Wally specifically mentioned about Gallade, which I had a male Kirlia (I DexNav'ed two of a pokemon if it has split evolutions when I was on the routes), but I didn't intend to use a Gallade for the main run. But I decided it wasn't worth waiting any longer for, and Wally would probably understand if I chose to use it on Snorunt instead. And indeed did Froslass help out a lot during the Pokemon League, since I had no dragon types against Drake.

The team that accompanied me to the League (The levels below were the ones recorded at the Hall of Fame, not the levels before I entered the League) was:

Level 76 - Krusty the Swampert (Torrent) holding Swamperite with Earthquake, Waterfall, Strength and Power-Up Punch
Level 74 - Misa the Mightyena (Moxie) holding Black Glasses with Crunch, Return, Dig and Roar
Level 62 - Vellum the Breloom (Technician) holding Expert Belt with Bullet Seed, Force Palm, False Swipe and Stone Edge
Level 61 - Temper the Camerupt (Anger Point) holding Charcoal with Flamethrower, Earthquake, Solar Beam and Sunny Day
Level 60 - Yuki the Froslass (Cursed Body) holding Never-Melt Ice with Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Draining Kiss and Thunderbolt
Level 59 - Bertolt the Regigigas (Slow Start) holding Shell Bell with Retaliate, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch and Knock Off

I probably entered the League over-prepared level-wise, and ended up not using a single restoration item. Breloom and Froslass took care of Sidney, Moxie Mightyena sweeped Phoebe's entire team, the same Breloom-Froslass combination took down Glacia and Froslass sweeped Drake's dragons except for Kingdra, which I let Swampert handle.

I decided to let each team member handle one of Steven's pokemon (otherwise Camerupt and Regigigas wouldn't even get sent out) and the match-ups were

Mega Swampert vs Skarmory - Waterfall caused Skarmory to Flinch, so Steven never got the possibility to set up Spikes, which helped the momentum for switching later on.
Froslass vs Cradily - Ice Beam vs Ancient Power, and speed got me ahead here.
Breloom vs Aggron - Nothing much here, Aggron was very outmatched against a Expert Belt Technician Force Palm.
Mightyena vs Claydol - Another one outmatched with a Black Glasses STAB Crunch.
Camerupt vs Armaldo - Camerupt couldn't take it out in a single hit with Flamethrower, and the returning Crush Claw was a critical... which triggered Anger Point and Earthquake finished the battle off.
Regigias vs Mega Metagross - My only knockout of the whole League, Regigigas couldn't take down Mega Metagross with Fire Punch and Knock off since it couldn't get its act together, but to Regigigas' credit, it took two Giga Impacts from Mega Metagross to knock it out. Mega Swampert returned and promptly finished the remaining HP of Mega Metagross.

I liked how the ending credits featured the key battles and I only realized it before Mossdeep Gym, so only Tate, Liza and Wallace had their battles set-up with that in mind, featuring Mightyena and Shiny Mega Absol in the former and Regigigas in the later. Maybe Regigigas wanted to give due credit to Mega Swampert for the Champion battle (Krusty did flinch Skarmory and potentially prevented Spikes), so he took the Giga Impacts so Mega Swampert would finish the battle and be featured in the end. Or so I'm imagining like it to be.

Post-game, I decided not to delay the Delta Episode since I wanted access to the Battle Resort. I like the characterizations in the Delta Episode. One highlight was that I was aware that there would be the Grunt Horde Battle, and remembering the near-disaster that was the first one (I wasn't aware of the first one, so I had to swap out to Swampert, only to face Roars and ended up with the Level 29 Tentacool I was originally only using for Surf and EXP-sharing for evolution purposes - until I realized it has the Surf and promptly took out the Poochyenas and right after that battle, it evolved to a Tentacruel), I decided to bring back Tentacruel specially for this battle, since it's a special attacker and the Intimidate strategy would not work (plus imagination-wise I think the quintuplets would remember the Tentacool/Tentacruel). What I forgot was that Tentacruel had Clear Body and I was laughing when every Intimidate was cancelled out by Clear Body, even though my plan didn't involve it. Imagine the faces the quintuplets had when that happened. XD

So, I proceeded to the storyline and after about 20SRs, I got a Jolly Rayquaza with perfect HP, Attack and Speed... and 0 IVs Defense and Special Defense. Oh well. I promptly finished Deoxys off with Dragon Ascent since I don't have the sanity to SR for two "correct nature & stats" Legendaries at the same SR point, plus unlike Groudon, no one other than my team and I knew of Deoxys story-wise, so it doesn't feel like a damper to delay the capture. With that I finished the Delta Episode, which was honestly in my own opinion, a better story than the main story itself.

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
OH MY LORD ARCEUS!!! It took up my whole evening, but I've FINALLY managed to pilfer a Dawn Stone from the Mysterious Sisters in Sea Mauville! My Kirlia levelled up to Lv.49, and I'd collected 5 Destiny Knots from the nearby Young Couple and a PP Up from an Ace Trainer on Rte. 108 by the time I'd finished, but I finally have what I've been seeking for the past three hours--an Adamant Justified Gallade! I'm not willing to grind out another 8 BP at the Battle Maison for Ice Punch, but the rest of his moveset is sufficiently complete for his level and build--he knows Psycho Cut, Close Combat, Leaf Blade, and Night Slash. I am so done! :D

For future reference, you have a better chance of winning Dawn Stones from the Gallade Super Training event. You'll probably score a ton of Bottle Waters first, but it beats repeated trainer grinds. Wish you could use shards from Rock Smash, etc. In these games instead of Battle Maison BP... That'd make Ice Punch easier to get too. :/

I'm having a lot more fun than I thought I would playing OR! I'm at Fala... Whatever it's called, collecting soot! So glad they kept the Ninja Boys from the originals in. They're my favorite Trainer class, along with the Burglers from RB. The DexNav is good and bad. You get soke awesome Pokemon with it, complete with 3 IVs at 31, a hard to chain breeding move, item, HA ability, and 10 levels higher than normal Pokemon all in one swell package! Unfortunately, the thing doesn't want to scan half of the time! I'm hopinh the next patch addresses the lack of successful scans.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
For future reference, you have a better chance of winning Dawn Stones from the Gallade Super Training event. You'll probably score a ton of Bottle Waters first, but it beats repeated trainer grinds. Wish you could use shards from Rock Smash, etc. In these games instead of Battle Maison BP... That'd make Ice Punch easier to get too. :/

Eh, personally I find super training tedious and difficult, so I tend to grind stones from my "Secret Friends" each day in stead. I've collected about half a dozen of the rarer stones (Dawn, Dusk, Shiny), and even more of the elementals (Leaf, Fire, Water, Thunder, with Leaf being the most common for me). As for the Sun and Moon stones, the statistics are skewered due to having a high level Linoone with Pickup in my party, it tends to collect those two quite regularly.

In other news, I will be starting OR shortly. It just need to update first. AS will still be my primary game, but OR will be played an hour or so each day, it will mostly be a for fun run. :)

Lorde

At Route 114, I caught a wild Seviper and Swablu and then I entered Lanette's house. I spoke with her and got a Lotad Doll for my Super-Secret Base from her. I then sashayed back outside and got a random Berry from a boy nearby and then I battled a Poke Maniac to the south and walked towards the entrance of Meteor Falls where Professor Cozmo was. After beating a few more trainers, I entered Meteor Falls and after picking up a Full Heal, I encountered Aqua Admin Shelly and a Team Aqua grunt there with the abducted Professor Cozmo. My pal May was there too and we battled and beat Shelly and the Team Aqua grunt's Mightyena, Grimer, and Carvanha together. Afterwards, Maxie from Team Magma arrived.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
I've been messing around in the post-game for a while now, and just this week I really got into Secret Bases. I managed to get few through Wi-fi and got to bronze rank, I also scanned Serebii's QR code and battled him/the AI. I had trouble on Nidoking until I realized it was an inverse battle. ^^;