• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Grey Wind

Went to the Aqua base and battled my way through it until the end (I'm honestly so tired of Sharpedos) and then headed to Mossdeep. When I healed up there, I went to Shoal Cave to capture a Snorunt, which I immediately added to my team. I explored the ocean and made it to Pacifidlog, and went through the rapids a couple of times where Snorunt evolved. I then went back to challenge the gym with Glalie and Roselia and they knocked out Tate & Liza's pokemon pretty easily. Shame they don't have their Emerald team.

I then met up with Steven and after exploring with Dive a little I went to Seafloor Cavern. The strength puzzle is a lot easier this time around haha. I battled Archie and his mega Sharpedo knocked out like half my team before Metang knocked it out with Bullet Punch. I headed back to Sootopolis and into the Cave of Origin to challenge Kyogre. Took me AGES but I managed to catch it after many ultra balls (and with only Torkoal left alive).

I messed around with soaring for a while after that (which is really really cool) and then challenged Wallace. Milotic was the only thing that posed a challenge and after I got the badge and Waterfall I healed my Pokemon and saved.

[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/260.png[/img139] lv47
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/376.png[/img139] lv45
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/315.png[/img139] lv45
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/324.png[/img139] lv45
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/329.png[/img139] lv44
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/362.png[/img139] lv44

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I finally got ORAS for Christmas, and I've been playing Alpha Sapphire quite a bit today. Not incredibly far, but enough to post progress on.

I began my game journey as was quite impressed by how close they kept the games to the originals - The Littleroot Town music was awesome. The opening sequel things were dragged on a bit longer than I expected, but it's still pretty cool. I met my mother again and did the clock, came down and went off to the neighbour's house. Met May (still probably one of my favourite in-game and anime characters ever) and proceeded onto Route 101 (I think). I got to choose my starter, and I went with Treecko. I restarted 3 times looking for a decent nature, and I ended up settling for Lax after Hardy, Relaxed, Sassy and Adamant Natures. So annoying, but hey ho. I named her Rogue (oh yeah, got a female) and proceeded to train her to Level 6 on Route 101 as I headed to Ordale Town.

I reached Ordale Town and met the Clerk, who gave me a bunch of Potions. I also collected my second team member, the Shiny Beldum! Shame you can't nickname him, but oh well. Jolly Nature is excellent, very happy. I love the look of Hoenn in 3D! Simply amazing. Anyway, battled May on Route 102 (I think) with Beldum and 2HKOed it with Zen Headbutt. Trained to Level 7, went back to Littleroot Town and learned about DexNav. I caught a Poochyena with Thunder Fang, a Zigzagoon for HM use and a Lotad with Flail. I also later on caught a Taillow with Boomburst and a Ralts with Misty Terrain, as test subjects I suppose. I met with Norman after training my team, helped Wally and went through Petalburg Woods, which I once again love to bits. Battled the Aqua grunt, went on to Rustboro City. I was surprised Bullet Seed isn't a TM anymore and is now replaced by Echoed Voice. Anyway I trained a bit more on the route about Rustboro, and then took on the gym. Treecko sweep basically, with Mega Drain (it gets Mega Drain!). I beat the Aqua Grunt again, did some stuff with Cut and my Treecko evolved into Grovyle! I then saved.

Alpha Sapphire Team (currently):
253.png
Rogue, Level 16
Lax Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Mega Drain
- Absorb
- Quick Attack

374.png
Beldum, Level 15
Jolly Nature
- Hold Back
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Defense

So last night on AS, I headed south from Rustboro to catch a ride on Mr. Briney's boat to Dewford. I explored the town for a bit before taking on the Gym, which Marshtomp swept with no issues. Then I hopped on Briney's boat to Slateport and handled things there, running into Team Aqua and crossing paths with their boss. Afterward, I was ripped away from my next task to see some half-naked hoe with an Altaria roll her hips at me. I couldn't care less about stupid contests, so I high-tailed it out of that pedo-trap and headed north to Rte. 110. I caught an Oddish for Sweet Scent so I could use it to catch a Magnemite, which I got in the first Horde I summoned. I battled a few more trainers, took on Trick House round 1, and battled Brendan with his very tough Grovyle. I won, however, and moved on to Mauville City. I collected a Mach Bike, the Bulldoze TM, and taught my Marshtomp Water Pledge. I battled Wally and received the Rock Smash HM, then I took my Mach Bike and headed back to Granite Cave to try to DexNav for a Head Smash/Rock Head Aron. As it was almost 2AM by the time I'd turned in for the night, my hunt will have to continue at a later date. I am saved in Granite Cave, here is my team:

+Bayou+ the Marshtomp, male, Lv.30
Naughty/Torrent/Silk Scarf
Water Pledge/Bulldoze/Rock Slide/Tackle

+Rosalyn+ the Lombre, female, Lv.27
Jolly/Swift Swim/Miracle Seed
Absorb/Bubblebeam/Echoed Voice/Leech Seed

+Hadron+ the Magnemite, Lv.18
Brave/Sturdy/Expert Belt
Spark/Magnet Bomb/Sonic Boom/Thunder Wave

Last edited:

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
The great TM Hunt continues. I managed to pick up TM84: Poison Jab, on the Mirage Mountain north of Lilycove City. As I said before, the only other ones I'm missing are TM74: Gyro Ball, and TM91: Flash Cannon, from their respective Mirage Spots.

Also, yesterday, when I was playing Omega Ruby, I realized that I had made a miscalculation. As it turns out, I had one more legendary that I wasn't aware of at the time I moved everyone around. Victini. So, I had to re-arrange it once more. Turns out now I have 13 Legendary Pokémon, and yet another open space. I decided to put Victini in the spot where Empathy, my Mewtwo, was. Then, I planned out another full team of Legendary Pokémon. It contains: Mega Mewtwo Y, Celebi, Primal Kyogre, Altered Forme Giratina, Therian Forme Landorus, and Mega Diancie. Finally, to fill the spot left from moving Victini, I decided upon a Cofagrigus, who shall be named Isaac.

The next ten Pokémon that I level will all be named after the playable roster from "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth". There won't be any real theming going on, aside from the names, but it's still a neat thing to do. The first one is obviously Magdelena, the Sunflora. I've also decided to keep track of my total progress since I started leveling these beasts, not counting Empathy. This means that Magdelena is the third of twelve Pokémon. The reason I didn't count Empathy is because I structured an entire team around her, so that project will be it's own project once this one is done. Of course, once both this and the next Project are done, I'll have exactly 300 Pokémon at level 100. So excited to reach that milestone!

Last edited:

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Not a lot to report today. Played some AS earlier, leveled up a couple of pokemon enough that they would evolve, up next Axew and a Goomy. Going to take a while to level them up until fully evolved.

Just finished playing some OR as well, as predicted my Ralts swept the Second Gym, Brawly never even managed to hit me once, and that was despite the Ralts being lower level than his weakest pokemon. STAB confusion for the win. Up next, Granite Cave.

Gonna go collect pokemon/level False Swipers in X later, still got three legendaries to catch there after all. :)

xEryChan

Demon Child
Picking up from where I left off.

I arrived in Dewford Town and I explored the small town, getting a silk scarf in one of the houses. I made my way north and battled the two trainers before heading into the Granite Cave, where I got TM70 from a hiker in the cave. Since I was able to deliver the letter to Steven, I went back to Dewford Town.

I entered the gym and proceeded to battle three trainers in the gym. Not too long after, I reached Brawly and challenged him to a battle. He sent out his Machop first and led the battle off with my Taillow. Taillow made quick work of it. One hit of Wing Attack was take it out. Next he sent out his Makuhita and I kept my Taillow in. It took two hits of Wing Attack to knock it out and win the battle, earning myself the Knuckle Badge.

I ran back to the Pokemon to heal my Pokemon up and saved my game in front of the Pokemon Center.

Current Pokemon

Treecko
Taillow
Lombre
Ralts
Zigzagoon
Poochyena

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After Archie left Mt. Chimney in a hurry, I ran south towards the Jagged Pass and I battled against wild Pokemon and caught a Spoink as well. I also battled against a few trainers as I climbed down the mountain road and I eventually arrived in Lavaridge Town after training and collecting items. I wandered into the Pokemon Center and healed my Pokemon fast and then I purchased a dozen Moomoo Milks from a woman inside. I headed towards the hot springs next and I purchased Great Balls at the Poke Mart and entered the Lavaridge Gym. I fell through a trapdoor in there and walked through water and got pushed up and I soon met up with several Gym trainers and I battled against them as I sashayed around there.

nahranej

After spending some time in Lilycove City I needed to harvest my berries in the Berry Master's garden. To keep it fresh, I decided to run and cycle down there - through the longer Fortree route, because I wanted to enjoy the beautiful nature. And, whoa, all of a sudden, a shiny female Gloom appeared in the long grass. I caught it in a Luxury Ball (my tradition for shinies) and left it sitting in my PC till I figure out what to do with it. My first ORAS shiny, yay!

After getting to the battle resort I have started to actually learn breeding. After breeding 5IV Salamence and a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Garchomp, I thought that breeding an 31/x/31/31/31/31 Eevee with anticipation would be a good challenge. I did not realize how difficult it would be to get good female eevee's for breeding, yet in the end I managed to get a female with 5 IV's as well as a male, however attack being one of them instead of the x. So I continued breeding in the hopes of getting my idea of a perfect 5IV eevee.
After hatching many many many eggs I once again saw that one would have a perfect attack IV and was about to sigh, knowing that that would be at the cost of some other IV. However every single consecutive IV was perfect, I had an 6 IV pokemon! I was already cheering, but feared the worst considering its ability. And behold, he had its hidden ability too (oh and it is timid nature)!

Against all odds I managed to breed the perfect Eevee, soon to be the perfect Espeon. Now taking a well deserved break =p

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Got my Eon Ticket in OR, gotta love Boxing Day sales for Street Passing. Wasted 20 Ultra Balls and 10 Timer Balls trying to catch Latias, then finally got it with my third Premier Ball, how disappointing...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I kept on battling several Gym trainers at the Lavaridge Town Gym and I soon reached Gym Leader Flannery's spot among dried leaves after beating a Battle Girl and a couple of Ninja Boy trainers in the hot water. I first used my Swampert against Flannery's Slugma and beat it with a Muddy Water attack and then Flannery sent out her Numel next and I slayed that with my Camerupt's Rock Slide attack. Flannery used her Torkoal afterwards and I thrashed it with another one of my Swampert's Muddy Water attacks. I beat Gym Leader Flannery and received the Heat Badge and I also obtained the Overheat TM from her as well. I fell through a trapdoor afterwards and I saved my game before going back outside.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Finally got my Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire on Christmas Eve! I immediately started my game on AS.
Went with the boy and named him Hinata.

Chose Treecko as my starter. At first I was going to soft reset for a shiny but decided not too. I'll breed one in post game. Instead I got a female Bold natured and named her Lady.
Got the event shiny Beldum. Soft reseted for an Adamant. Took maybe 4 or 5 tries. Beat my rival. Got a Thunder Fang male Bashful natured Poochyena and named him Hunyr.
Showed Wally how to catch his own Pokemon. Caught Pokemon in the routes.
Been mostly using the three Pokemon mentioned above. But Beldum and Hunyr will be replaced later.
Beat the first gym easily. Got the Devon Goods back. Saved Stern from Team Aqua.
Met Ilisia and entered my first contest but didn't do so well. Got the cosplay Pikachu and did the contest again and won.
Beat my rival again but my Pokemon weren't doing so well so I had to use Pikachu most of the time.
Arrived in Mauville City. Now currently back in Granite Cave to try and gett a shiny Aron through hordes.
I had also done some Wonder Trades and actually received a shiny Lopunny and a shiny Eevee.

Also went ahead and started my game on OR and went with the girl and named her Wanda after my first Emerald save. Chose Torchic as my starter.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
After deciding not to do a badge quest on my game, I finally started playing Omega Ruby today! I choose Torchic as my starter, named Torcher after my original Blaziken from Emerald. I want to work on the Pokedex as much as possible, so far I've caught a Zigzagoon, Wurmple, Seedot, Surskit, and I was luck enough to sneak up on an Ice Fang Poochyena, the second member of my team. I named her Darkfang. Right now, I am in Route 103 searching for a female Ralts for the third member of my team. I plan to call her Twilia.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
After long hours of running around, battling, and catching, I have finally caught all of the legendaries available in AS. Catching Regigas tonight ended this little adventure for good.

What's best about this is that I caught all of the legendaries using only Poke Balls (a little challenge that I decided to undertake). Got incredibly annoying at times but totally worth it at the end :D

(No shiny legendaries though, but nbd - I'm not OCD about them)

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays ^_^

Not really been doing anything constructive in ORAS over the last few days except breeding some Pokemon for trade requests and one for my cousin once he gets AS, which should be later today. I also didn't realise that the Cubchoo I was breeding didn't inherit Play Rough from my Vigoroth but instead inherited Ice Punch as well as Night Slash from my Weavile. Need to make one forget Ice Punch and breed again with my Vigoroth for Play Rough this time.

Also been using my Gimmick Triples team in the Battle Maison again. It's been doing pretty well so far and has made it to 42 straight wins. My cousin wanted to hear some of the remixed themes before he got the game but little did I know this would cause me to end up in a massive Stall War between my Poison Heal Gliscor and a Rest-Talk Sheer Cold/Fissure Walrein that KOd 4 of my other Pokemon with Sheer Cold. It also had a Lax Incense to further annoy me and had Oblivious so Taunt wouldn't work. I swear Sheer Cold had been PP Maxed on it because it missed several but also hit 4 and it didn't use Fissure until I was down to my last 2, Gliscor and Sableye (who was also KOd by Sheer Cold). Luckily the Walrein started Struggling before Gliscor and KOd itself. 38 turns of frustration that was but at least it wasn't as bad as the 68 turn Stall War I had with a Rest/Curse/Amnesia/Iron Head Registeel in X.

EDIT: I watched the playback of the Stall-Rein battle and the Walrein used a total of 11 Sheer Colds but used 6 through Sleep Talk so I'm guessing that Sleep Talk doesn't drain the PP of the move it randomly picks and that was why it used so many. I always thought it did for some reason.

Last edited:

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
A few more things to add:

- Attained Master Rank in 4 of these following categories (3 of them new) in Pokemon Contests:

• Cool - Metagross
  • Clever - Graceful (Gardevoir)
  • Beauty - Nuke Eruptor (Camerupt) (Note: this is my second Beauty Master Rank Pokemon, as I attained Beauty Master Rank first time around using Milotic)
  • Tough - Wrecker (Swampert)

Right now, I'm currently working on attaining Master Rank for the Cute category using Fearsome (Salamence)

In the meantime, I battled a few times in the Battle Maison and got enough BP to teach Signal Beam to Lightning (Manectric). The next thing I'll likely do with my Manectric is to try to attain Master Ranks in both the Cool and Beautiful categories (since his final movepool fits well with both of those Contest categories)

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Completed the entire Delta Episode yesterday. I had to go to several places all around Hoenn, ultimately ending up at the Sky Pillar. I climbed to the top of the tower while being forced to listen to Zinnia's story along the way. At the top, I battled Rayquaza and captured it fairly easily. I defeated Zinnia in battle after that thanks to my Milotic mostly, then went up into space with Rayquaza.

I battled Deoxys up there and tried to catch it. Unfortunately I wasn't successful. I came really, really close to getting it quite a few times, but in the end it Struggled itself to death after I'd wasted a lot of balls.
Guess I'll have to try again after rematching the Elite Four. >_>

When all that was done and Hoenn was saved, Birch let me choose a Johto starter. I picked Totodile and gave it a nickname. Then, I went to the Day-Care near Mauville in order to breed for the pre-evolutions of some fully evolved Pokemon I'd caught for my Pokedex. I hatched eight different Pokemon, including things like Pineco and Venonat. I Wonder Traded them after that.

Collected more Secret Base flags, currently have over 700 now. I also received some useful evolution stones from my Secret Pals
Next, I'll head to the Battle Resort.

Last edited:

nahranej

I transferred my shiny Eevee (nicknamed Oberon) from Y to OR. We played a lot in Poké-Amie (got a score over 1200 in Head It!) and then we visited the Secret Meadow. Thanks to thoughtful trainers from other worlds, my Secret Meadow and Secret Shore are full of Secret Bases with Blissey trainers. Thus it was very easy to level Oberon up and let him evolve to shiny Sylveon, the king of all fairies.

On AS, I trained on the trainers around Rtes. 117 and 118 before annihilating Wattson's gym. After that, I stomped the Winstrates and headed north to Rte. 111. After receiving the Strength HM from Brendan, I headed thru Fiery Path to Rte. 113. But first, I got the Secret Power TM and started a Secret Base on Rte. 111. I headed to Fallarbor, did everything I could there, then went to Rte. 114 to DexNav for a Hyper Voice Swablu, which I eventually found and caught. I rescued Prof. Cozmo in Meteor Falls, then travelled to Mauville with Brendan before travelling the rest of the way to Mt. Chimney alone.

I defeated Team Aqua at the volcano's mouth, then made my way down Jagged Pass to Lavaridge Town. Flannery was a joke, as my Swampert was Lv.41 by the time I'd gone to face her. I decided to walk back to Petalburg instead of tag along with Brendan, stopping by the desert to grab a Claw Fossil and train some more. Norman was also easy, and as soon as I had the chance, I taught Surf to Lombre. I caught a Carvanha before dealing with Latias, which also went smoothly with a severely over-levelled Swampert. I hit up Rte. 123, as well, battling what few trainers were available and collecting all the berries from the garden. On Rte. 119, I caught a Tropius and dealt with the Weather Institute crisis. Brendan decided to battle me afterward, and I obliterated his team with Swampert and Magneton (mostly Magneton.)

In Fortree, I collected the Hidden Power TM and taught it to my Magneton, as his HP type was Ice, then gathered some other freebies before visiting Steven on Rte. 120. After KO'ing the Keckleon and receiving my Swampert's Mega Stone, I directed my focus on the Fortree Gym, but not before grabbing the Grass Knot TM and teaching it to Lombre, because I derped and didn't realize that Lotad doesn't learn Mega/Giga Drain unless it's kept from evolving into Lombre... :L Yeah, so Grass Knot will have to suffice until I can get Energy Ball... Anyway, so that's where I'm saved while my battery recharges. Here's a quick rundown of my team:

+Bayou+ the Swampert, male, Lv.48
Naughty/Torrent/Swampertite
Water Pledge/Bulldoze/Rock Slide/Strength

+Rosalyn+ the Lombre, female, Lv.41
Jolly/Swift Swim/Miracle Seed
Grass Knot/Surf/Rock Smash/Leech Seed

+Hadron+ the Magneton, Lv.38
Brave/Sturdy/Expert Belt
Electro Ball/Flash Cannon/Hidden Power [Ice]/Thunder Wave

+Xuen-ran+ the Altaria, male, Lv.36
Quiet/Natural Cure/Nothing
Hyper Voice/Dragon Breath/Dazzling Gleam/Refresh

Metang, Lv.34
Bashful/Clear Body/Metagrossite
Hold Back/Iron Head/Zen Headbutt/Bulldoze

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Bred a Head Smash Aron w/ Rockhead (and Dragon Rush) on Xmas. It is a fiend! I made it Relaxed because the caves are torture for DexNav quests, especially Granite Cave. I also had limited Synchro Ralts/Abras at the time.

My team just stomped Winoa, and it is clear that they are way overleveled at this point. AND, both Aggron and Manectric get their Mega Stones way early, along with the Mega Brace on Route 120. Between O-Powers, Lucky Eggs, DexNav and way improved movesets, this remake leaves the original RSE and even the other remakes in the dust!