• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Woke up at 3:30 this morning (couldn't sleep cause of hail/rain in SoCal) and fought Maxie in Seafloor Cavern. Then went after The P Don. Dat Desolute Land Do! Didn't know Mold Breaker wouldn't work against it. :/

Could there be anymore senseless dialogue before the Legend fights? We get it GF; you dont condone soft-resetting. Obviously its not a huge deal if we get 3 IVs at 31 and rebattle option 24 hours later!

/cranky rant

I'm up to 460 flags in OR, but it would've been more if I hadn't ignored OR for 3 days during my power-through of AS. Rapidly approaching Gold rank, baby! Whoo! I keep forgetting to mention that I transferred almost all of my Pokémon from X version to OR version, so I finally have my Life Orb Speed Boost Blaziken and Mega Metagross, thus finalizing my OR team! I didn't have the time to transfer my Pokémon from Y version to AS version, tho, so next time I have access to WiFi, I'll have to remember to do that.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Just finished the Delta Episode, used a Ralts to get a Brave nature, likes to thrash about Rayquaza. Decided to knock out Deoxys since I later defeat the elite 4 and champion again to get Metagross's Mega stone. Currently on Battle Resort at the moment.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
During the daily berry run, I did more evolutions to fill my National Dex:

Eevee -> Umbreon (final Eeveelution get).
Ponyta -> Rapidash
Mareep -> Flaffy -> Ampharos
Caterpie -> Metapod -> Butterfree
Ekans -> Arbok
Nidoran(F) -> Nidorina -> Nidoqueen
Paras -> Parasect
Aquired Yveltal from the GTS for a Haxorus (that is easy to replace)
Polywag -> Poliwhirl -> Polywrath
Krabby -> Kingler
Joltik -> Galvantula
Chikorita -> Bayleef -> Meganium

Progress towards Shiny Charm: 486/705

A little over two thirds of the way. Still got a long way to go. Soon it is time to hunt Legendaries.

Legendary Pokemon I am still missing from ORAS: Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Ho-oh, Palkia, Giratina, Regigigas, Heatran, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem,
Legendary Pokemon I am still missing from X/Y: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltress, Mewtwo, Zygarde,

19 Legendary Pokemon still missing, two of the birds (Articuno, Moltress) I need to get of the GTS, The other X/Y legendaries should be a cinch, but I need a good high level false swiper first. For the missing ORAS Legends, I simply need to get my but in gear and finish Ruby so I can catch the exclusives to it, and get a good false swiper on AS that isn't vulnerable to fire. I'll probably go with an Absol or Zangoose.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After beating my good sis Gym Leader Winona, I received the Feather Badge and Roost TM from her and I walked back outside after that. I healed my party again at the local Pokemon Center next and then I walked back to Route 120 and ran through several puddles in the rainy part of the route as I went south. I battled a Ninja Boy and Parasol Lady there and I picked some Wepear and Pinap Berries close by. I beat a female Ace Trainer and her Milotic next with Ludicolo and then I walked through a maze of thick tall grass and battled a few more Pokemon there. I eventually picked up a Light Ball after passing over a lake and I battled and beat a Bug Maniac and also a Ruin Maniac and Street Thug by the Ancient Tomb.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Once it reached midnight today, I visited Secret Bases in my game and took flags until I reached 1000 flags total. I then returned to Fortree City and talked to Aarune. He upgraded my Secret Base flag to Platinum and gave me Garchomp's Mega Stone.
Really glad I got up to 1000, being able to use my Secret Pals' skills twice a day is really useful. Got some more useful evolution stones that way.

Other than that, I trained up more Pokemon and evolved them for the Pokedex. I got all the dex entries for the starter Pokemon from all generations, which took me much longer than I thought it would. Then, I evolved a few more Pokemon I had in my boxes, such as Makuhita and Voltorb.

Finally, I went over to the Safari Zone since I skipped over it earlier in the game. I went to each part of the area and found several items. I managed to catch several Pokemon there too, including Buneary, Rhyhorn, and Doduo.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I have caught kyogre. I just used my masterball on it as I forgot to stock up on poke balls before the encounter. I then beat Wallace and now I have all 8 of my gym badges. My entire team is now level 57.

AtomicAdam

Delta Episode- Aqua Hideout

When I was doing the Delta Episode (If you beat it already, you know what I'm talking about) the room right before you encounter Zinnia with a bunch of warp panels, like a LOT of panels, it took me thirty minutes to solve that puzzle. Anyone else have trouble with it? I learned the trick is to keep moving to the left panel until the last panel. Then step to the right panel. I might have it backwards.

Lorde

I sashayed into Route 121 and I picked a few Berries after slaying a Hex Maniac and Beauty as well as battling against several wild Pokemon in the grass. As I ran, I spotted a small group of Team Aqua grunts and I saw them head south toward Mt. Pyre. I used Cut to remove a small tree afterwards and I entered the Safari Zone building next and got the Dream Eater TM from a man inside the lobby and then I gained access to the Safari Zone itself. I battled and caught a wild Xatu, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Rhyhorn, Doduo and Pikachu and I picked up a Nugget and Big Pearl as well. I Surfed around and got a TM and then I left the Safari Zone and battled a Teammate duo and I saved before heading to Lilycove City.

I caught, bred, and raised a female Timid Drought Ninetales on AS version these past few hours. It only took a DexNav Search Level of 16 on Mt. Pyre, one egg with the Timid Ditto I caught a few days ago, and one battle with Kindler Bernie on Rte. 114 who dropped a Fire Stone right when I needed one, to obtain every piece of the puzzle I needed in order to raise this luxuriously fuzzy-tailed animal. *snugs it* (And yes, I think we've massacred enough Audino together for me to be able to get away with cuddling her warm, fluffy tails without getting my familial bloodline cursed for the next millenium or so. Now THAT is love. <3)

Sadly, I ran out of PP on the Audino island I was using to grind, and when I Soared away to go heal, it vanished due to the date having rolled over while I was grinding. While I was still hanging out on that island, however, I caught an Audino to register its Mega Evo in my Dex, then I caught a Happiny, evolved her into Chansey, and taught her some TM and Heart Scale moves. My Ninetales made it to Lv.64 before I had to quit, but I'll have my nose back to the grindstone soon enough! I've gotta get my voluptuously velvet-haired vixen to Lv.100 before I transfer my 'mons from Y to AS, so I can replace my Johto-born Flash Fire Ninetales.

Edit@AtomicAdam: You're close! You go left twice, right once, then around to the opposite end at the last row. It's reversed in OR, as Magma Hideout's layout is a mirror reflection of Aqua Hideout's.

Last edited:

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
When I was doing the Delta Episode (If you beat it already, you know what I'm talking about) the room right before you encounter Zinnia with a bunch of warp panels, like a LOT of panels, it took me thirty minutes to solve that puzzle. Anyone else have trouble with it? I learned the trick is to keep moving to the left panel until the last panel. Then step to the right panel. I might have it backwards.

That's pretty much how I solved it.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally evolved all of my pokemon that evolve once. Man that took a long time. Now I'm on to the pokemon that evolve twice.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Up on Mt. Pyre I did the Team Aqua even there, beating anyone standing in my way. Obtained the Red Orb at the summit. And also Grovyle finally evolved into Sceptile!
Then I searched for a Vulpix with Drought. This was hard, the Dexnav was really hard to use. The first one I found, Synch didn't work. But the second one did.
So I got my female Vulpix who is Modest natured with Drought. She was lv. 33 when caught and had Heat Wave. I named her Kaede.
I immediately evolved her since she already had Heat Wave, so she is now a beautiful Ninetales. She was actually quite easy to get caught up.

Then I made my way to Slateport City where Team Aqua were trying to steal the submarine to use for their cause. I beat the Grunts easily who were trying to stop me.
I was then taken back to Lilycove City where I had to take on the Team Aqua Hideout. Ninetales did most of the work in there even against the Carvannah.
I obtained any items within the hideout. Though this place was definitely cool. I especially love the entrance.
I even beat Matt easily too. Using Will-O-Whisp on Sharpedo, it made its attacks not that effective. Then using Heat Wave and Flame Burst, I beat him.
After beating him, Archie made off in the submarine, on his way to the Seafloor Cavern.

I made my way to Mossdeep City, defeating any trainers on my way. I explored the town getting any items I find.
With my Pokemon around lv. 38, I decided to take on the gym. It wasn't too hard. I took out most trainers with Ninetales and some with Shelgon.
On Tate and Liza, I wanted to use Larion which he did take out one, but then the other took him out. Sceptile then finished off the other, obtaining my 7th badge.
Upon exiting the gym, a large rumble was heard then a strange beam of green light was seen. I loved the music at this point!
Steven then showed up in the town and took me to his house where I was given Dive and the Devon Scuba Gear. Dive was taught to Latias. (So sorry Latias. ^^; She has Fly and Dive)

I then had to make my way the Seafloor Cavern. I beat any trainers I found, though I'm sure there are some I didn't battle.
Arriving at the Seafloor Cavern, I discovered I needed Rock Smash and Strength. So I had to go back to Sootopolis City (I went here before actually going to the Cavern)
I got my Zigzagoon that I knew had Rock Smash. Back the Cavern, I forgot that Zigzagoon can't learn Strength. So back to Sootopolis.
This time, I got a Absol I had and taught it both moves. I left Shelgon back in the PC since he'd be the easiest to catch up.

So back the Cavern, I was finally able to progress. Taking out any Grunts. My whole team reaching lv. 40.
In a room full of boulders, I was quite confused. I didn't know what to do. After minutes of pondering, I was finally able to make it to the next room.
I found both Archie and Maxie in the next room. After listening to then talk for awhile, I took on Archie in one last battle.
With Milotic in first. When Mightyena used Scary Face, it increased my Milotic's Sp. Atk with Competitive. I took out his first three Pokemon with ease.
On Sharpedo though. I was hoping to to take it out, but with Milotic being weakened already, she was taken out easily with Sharpedo Megevolved.
I then tried Ninetales hoping to make get a Will-O-Whisp off, but didn't. With one Crunch, Ninetales was taken out.
Sceptile then came where I also Megaevolved and finally one-shotted his Sharpedo with Leaf Blade instead of getting taken out with Ice Fang.
Beating the great Archie! I love his theme. Also his background was cool! I can't remember what Maxie's looked like when I did watch someone battle him.

Then Archie proceeded to awaken Kyogre! I love this scene! Kyogre exited the cave and is now on its way to Sootopolis's Cave of Origin.
Shelly came was trying to talk sense into Archie where then she led us outside where it was storming. Archie was now seeing fault in his plan.
Once they left, Steven came flying in. He talked about having to help stop Kyogre and then left in the same fashion.
I flew to Sootopolis where today I'll take on Kyogre! Going to use a Synchronizer to try and get a Modest Kyogre.

Current Team:
Sceptile "Lady" (F) lv. 40
Larion "ArmourTitan" (M) lv. 40
Shelgon "Eissu" (M) lv. 40 /shiny/
Milotic "Haruka" (F) lv. 41 /shiny/ ((was renamed))
Ninetales "Kaede" (F) lv. 40
Latias "Kouhai" (F) lv. 40

O.O Gosh. Didn't realize I did so much...

Last edited:
I got my Drought Ninetales to Lv.100! It's too bad her SpAtk IV is so bad, she only ended up with 184 total SpAtk by the end of it all. At least that's finally over and done with! Gosh, my shoulder's kiling me, now...

Lorde

I resumed walking through Route 121 towards Lilycove City and I battled a Gentleman by a fence and thrashed his Manectric with Camerupt, then I battled more Pokemon in the tall grass and beat a Poke Fan afterwards. I cut down a tree nearby and picked up a Shiny Stone and then I picked some Nanab Berries before arriving in Lilycove City. I healed my Pokemon at the local PC and afterwards I visited the nearby Fan Club and the hotel as well. I headed back outside next and as I walked towards the Lilycove Department Store, I saw my pal May and we battled. I beat her Swellow with Swampert, her Magcargo with Ludicolo, her Sceptile with Camerupt and finally her Wailord with my Manectric and then saved.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Another day, another berry run, and another bunch of pokemon evolved.

Tirtouga -> Carracosta
Elgyem -> Beheeyem
Honedge -> Doublade -> Aegislash
Tyrunt -> Tyrantrum
Gible -> Gabite -> Garchomp
Cyndaquil -> Quilava -> Typhlosion
Totodile -> Croconaw -> Feraligatr
Amaura -> Aurorus
Shellder -> Cloyster
Burmy -> Wormadam
Helioptile -> Heliolisk
Swirlix -> Slurpuff
Combee -> Vespiquen
Panpour -> Simipour
Pansage -> Simisage
Sentret -> Furret

I also transferred some pokemon from X:
Houndour, Solosis, Mienfoo, Steelix, Hippopotas, Dwebble, Golett, Furfrou, Gourgeist, Farfetch'd, Miltank, Sandile, Croagunk, Litleo, Dunsparce, Quagsire, Bellsprout, Zweilous, Mr. Mime,

National Dex Progress: 526/705

Almost 75% complete!

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I've almost got my first full box of EV trained and IV bred Pokemon in ORAS. Only 4 more to go before I have the box completely full. At the moment I'm breeding for a Chesnaught and will be going for a Blastoise after that. I'm not sure what my 29th Pokemon will be but for my 30th I will be hatching for my first ORAS MM shiny, Rapidash. Just need to remember to transfer my 6IV Japanese Smeargle over from my X. I'll be going for a flawless 5IV one this time so I hope that doesn't take me forever to get.

I've also been powering my way through the Battle Maison again. I now only have one statue left to get which is Super Singles, my most hated of the battle types. I managed to make it to 45 only to be caught completely off guard by a +1 speed Emboar out-speeding my Greninja. I was thinking whether or not to go out to my Mega Kangaskhan and Sucker Punch it as it was at red health but I thought that Greninja would out-speed it regardless of it being +1. Big mistake. Since I managed to win Super Doubles by just picking random Pokemon I had, I've now been trying out multiple different Pokemon to see if I can get any further but I can never seem to get past 20 anymore. I do find Malamar a really fun Pokemon to use in there especially when the CPUs are stupid and go for stat lowering moves. Too bad it's really slow and can't take special hits as well as I would like even with an Assault Vest and maxed out Special Defence. At least until the opponents get "lucky" with hax and end up boosting my stats with Shadow Ball and the like.

Golden_Arcanine

My Omega Ruby came on Sunday, and my DS was available on Tuesday but unfortunately haven't been able to play much messed around with WonderTrade for a bit though.

Started off the game, and chose Torchic as my starter and saved the professor from a wild Poochyena. After saving him, he gave me Torchic as my own and he asked me to go visit his daughter. I begrudgingly accepted, but the trip wasn't a complete waste when she asked me to a battle and I quickly took her down. After returning to the lab, I received a Pokedex and some Pokeballs and I went out and caught a few Pokemon. I made my way through Oldale Town grabbing a free potion on the way, and ended up in Petalburg City. I went to go see my dad who asked me to take Wally to catch his very first pokemon. I wasted my time with him, and after it's conclusion I looked to add a few pokemon to my lineup with Torchic. Ultimately though, none of them were suitable for my team so SvenNinja traded me a Treeko, Mudkip, and Beldum egg to start my team off early. I made my way into Petalburg Woods where I ran into a scientist who was being harassed by a Team Magma Grunt whom was quickly dispatched of. After defeating the Grunt, I continued into Rustboro City where Treeko and Mudkip made quick work Roxanne's rock-type Pokemon. After earning my first badge, I headed east to help out the scientist again who had his goods stolen from him. After a while, I made it to Rusturf Tunnel where I faced the same grunt that was harassing the scientist earlier had stolen Mr. Briney's Wingull. After quickly defeating him, he returned the goods he has stolen as well as the Wingull. I returned to Rustboro City where the scientists President updated my PokeNav and gave me a letter to deliver to Steven. After the present, I decided to go visit Mr. Briney and he offered me a ride to Dewford Town. I initially sought out Steven, but with no luck I visited the gym. Brawly put up a tough match, but in the end the trio of Torchic, Mudkip, and Treeko were ultimately too much. If winning a badge wasn't enough of a victory, all three of them evolved in their battle against Brawly. After I earned my second badge, I headed off to Slateport City to continue my journey. Until next time...

Team:
Beldum (L10) - Take Down
Grovyle (M/L16) - Quick Attack, Fury Cutter, Leaf Storm, Mega Drain
Marshtomp (M/L16) - Tackle, Growl, Water Gun, Mud Shot
Combusken (F/L17) - Ember, Double Kick, Sand Attack, Peck

Hoenn Pokedex: 33/46

Lorde

So after beating my good sis May, I quickly headed over to the Lilycove Department Store after healing my Pokemon once more at the Pokemon Center. After shopping and buying some Ultra Balls and other items, I wandered back outside and visited several places of interest around the city including the Contest Spectacular building, the Move Deleter's house and the harbor, then I left towards the coast and saw several Team Aqua grunts hanging around and I Surfed towards Route 124, but several Wailmer were blocking the access. I went back to Route 122 after that and Surfed south from a pier and I soon arrived at Mt. Pyre where Team Aqua was. I arrived at the interior of the mountain and saved my game.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've mostly been working on my Pokedex in Omega Ruby over the past couple of days. I've been doing several things to add Pokemon to my dex:

-evolved Pokemon by levelling them up. Got quite a few Pokemon to evolve this way today, including things like Beldum, Bagon, and Psyduck. I've been using both regular trainer rematched and Secret Base battles to train. I scored a Lucky Egg off a wild Pelipper recently, which has been very helpful for getting experience.

-used several of the evolution stones my Secret Pals had given me. I evolved nearly a dozen stone evos today such as Skitty, Pikachu, and Oddish into both of its final forms. I obtained some more stones from my Secret Pals after that, but they mostly gave me Everstones. I have like 80 of them now. >_<

-bred some more evolved Pokemon to get their pre-evolutions. I mostly had to breed for baby Pokemon like Pichu today. I needed some of the incenses to get Pokemon like Chingling, though, so I went to Slateport and purchased all the incense items I didn't have.

Right now, my National Dex is at 340 owned while my Hoenn Dex is at just over 180 owned.

While training today, I also got four of my main team members to level 100: Milotic, Camerupt, Swampert, and Altaria. Still need to get Illumise and Gardevoir to 100.