• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

I like to use theme teams. ATM I think I'm using my most over powered in game team ever. It's Mono Physic. All the Legendaries I have never used before. They are under leveled so at least there's that workin against me. But are EvD. No movesets really. Jus trying to learn all moves that come thru. Accidentally raised a Mamoswine 5iv Ev'd without Ice Shard / (.

So in game I'm about to enter Slateport Harbor. Team Aqua jus stole the Submarine. Something tells me I'm about to try and track them down. So I'm coming armed with these guys .. & girl. Actually 1 guy 1 girl and the rest gender less.

-Mew lvl 35
Naive , synch

-Jirachi lvl 31
Mild , serene grace. Not Ev'd

Duosion lvl 34
Quiet , Regenerator

Meloetta lvl 34
Naive , serene grace Ev'd. 5iv miss Spe

Celebi lvl 34
Mild , Natural Cure Ev'd Att , Def , & SpD ivs.

Alakazam lvl 45 * Sitting this one out too high level.
Timid , ?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So in Omega Ruby, I slayed more of those pesky Gym trainers at the Lavaridge Gym and I arrived at Flannery's location after beating one last Kindler trainer. I sent out my Pelipper against Flannery's Slugma first and beat it with a Water Pulse attack and then Flannery used her Numel, which I defeated with my Camerupt's Earthquake. Flannery used her Torkoal next and I attacked it with my Swellow's Wing Attack. Flannery's Torkoal survived the attack though and used Overheat. Afterwards, my Camerupt finally defeated Torkoal with a Rock Slide attack and I beat Flannery and won the Heat Badge and obtained the Overheat TM as well. I fell down a trapdoor afterwards and I saved my game fast before going outside.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
OR: So I started todays Legendary Hunt.
I had intended to do the lake trio first, to unlock Palkia, but I came across the Fabled Cave first, so Reshiram it was.

Reshiram: I started the battle with a Thunder Wave from my Absol. Paralyzing the dragon, and preventing its move that turn. I followed up with a False Swipe, taking it down to roughly 51% full health, and it retaliated with a Fusion Flare, taking of about 15% of my Absols health. The second False Swipe brought it down to red, and it tried to use Extrasensory, to bad my Absol is immune. I tried with a premiere ball at first, but that was a bust, it hit my Absol with a slash in return. Duskball was next, but that failed as well, and it used another Slash. It wen't back and forth for a while after that. A dozen or so dusk balls, and three full restores later, I caught it.

The Nameless Cavern was next on the list, so of I went to Sootopolis.

Mesprit: Standard Thunder Wave start, the Dark Types immunity to Psychic attacks should serve me well. It responded with Lucky Chant. Two False Swipes later, and it was time for pokeballs. 20 odd duskballs later, and it got caught.

While waiting for the next sprite to appear, I decided to go after Tornadus, if for nothing else than to get it out of the way as it was one of the Legendaries I needed.

Tornadus: Tornadus was easy. I started as usual with Thunder Wave, followed by a False Swipe that brought it down to the upper end of red. And then a thought hit me like a freight train. Why am I being stupid regarding Palkia? If I simply traded over the lake trio from AS, I would be done so much sooner. D'oh. Then I hit Tornadus with another False Swipe, threw a premiere ball on a lark, and caught it first try. Wat. >.<

So, I traded over the Lake Trio from AS to OR. Why did I not realize this sooner? Once the trio was on OR, I went Soaring again, after saving of course.

Palkia: Standard start with Thunder Wave, and it responded by landing a crit with Aura Sphere. I was still in the green though. I followed suit with False Swipe, and landed a crit in return, landing Palkia in the red. It retaliated with Spatial Rend, landing me at 71 health (out of 272). I healed with a Hyper Potion, and it used Hydro Pump, bringing me back down to 192. A second False Swipe sent it to one, and it retaliated with Earth Power. Not being lucky with the Paralysis. Started with a Premiere Ball, but unsurprisingly it broke free. Then I brought out the Ultra Balls. Eight ultraballs and three hyper potions later, and it was caught.

After trading the lake trio and the legendaries back to AS, I am officially done with OR (for now at least).

AS: Back in AS, I decided to go for Kyurem first, as the other two were going to be trouble (one can't be hit by normal type moves, and the other is immune to electric moves...)

Kyurem: Standard start with Thunder Wave. However, Kyurem is a tough cookie, and it required three False Swipes to bring down to one. After that it was just a question of time. Two dusk balls later, and it was caught. Much easier than anticipated.

Tomorrow: Landorus and Giratina, and then, finally, I will have completed the National Dex and will get the Shiny Charm...

Last time I played I saved in the room with Spiritomb in Sea Mauville, I wasn't expecting to be thrown into battle as soon as I started playing it today. I KO'd it twice, the first time it made itself faint with Memento, the second time my Flygon knocked it out with Crunch, but the third time it was caught with a critical capture Quick Ball.
Afterwards I flew to Slateport City to collect Lugia from the PC, then I soared to the Trackless Forest. Raikou was the first to appear, my Raichu KO'd it with Brick Break so on the second attempt I sent out Sceptile first, it took 2 False Swipes to bring it down to 1hp, after it broke out of a few Ultra Balls I switched to Gardevoir, my plan was that if my Raichu can't paralyze it with Thunder Wave then it might be possible to use Gardevoirs Synchronize to make Raikou paralyze itself. It didn't work. I now know that electric type pokemon are immune to all forms of paralysis in Gen6, not just paralysis caused by electric attacks or Static ^_^
I caught it in an Ultra Ball a few turns later.

Lorde

So I finally left the Lavaridge Town Gym and I ran into May for the umpteenth time outside and she talked to me. May then handed me the Go-Goggles item that would enable me to pass through Route 111's sandstorm. I went there and battled trainers and caught a Cacnea and Trapinch, then May and I returned to Petalburg City and I healed my darlings at the local PC and went to the Petalburg City Gym next. Once inside, I had to walk through several rooms and I battled trainers who used different tactics. I eventually beat all the Gym Trainers and their Normal-types and I arrived at my dad Norman's meditation room at the back of the Gym and I saved my game there before challenging him for the Balance Badge.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I spent more time at the Battle Maison. I still needed to complete the Rotation and Triple Battle challenges, so I decided to get both of them done back to back. I tried Rotation first and used a Kangaskhan/Dragonite/Latias setup with Gardevoir as my backup. Winning twenty battles was pretty easy and I won most of my battles using just Mega Kangaskhan.

After that was done, I added my Swampert and Greninja to my party and started doing Triple Battles. That mode wasn't too hard either, though I did have some of my Pokemon faint quite often during the last few battles. But still, I had an easy time clearing twenty battles and unlocking Super Triples.

When I was done battling, I spent some of the Battle Points I earned on a few more held items. Then, I went to my Bank and sent over a few more BP to my game.
Now that I've unlocked all the Super battle modes at the Maison, I'll have to start going for all the trophies. But first, I plan to raise a few more Pokemon to use at the Maison.

I now have 997 secret base flags in OR! I just need three more until I reach Platinum rank, but my 3DS' external cameras are having trouble reading the QR codes on the base distributions page, due to glare from my computer screen distorting the pattern.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
AS: Long story short, because I didn't have the time to write it out proper today, I caught Landorus and Giratina.

Achievement Get: National Dex Completion!

Landorus: Fairly simple battle. Since I was unable to use Thunder Wave to inflict paralysis on it due to it being part ground type, I caught a Cottonee with Trickster and leveled it up until it learned stun spore. Trickster gives status moves priority, which allowed a level 20 cottonee to inflict paralysis before Landorus could even act... Or at least it would have if I hadn't accidentally used Cotton Spore instead, whoops. >.<
One max revive, and Letting Landorus faint my Linoone later, I used the right move and inflicted paralysis. Then I switched to my Absol, hit it twice with False Swipe, and threw two ultraballs, and it was caught.

Giratina: The battle with Giratina was rough to say the least, its immunity to normal type moves, and me lacking a Pangoro with Scrappy meant I could not use False Swipe. So I found a pokemon that was resistant to both Dark and Ghost to grind it down a bit. I ended up choosing Bisharp, a Steel/Dark type, unfortunately Giratina knows Aura Sphere...
Fortunatly I was lucky and it never used that move against my Bisharp. I started with Thunder Wave, brought in Bisharp, hit Giratina down to about 20%, changed back to a level 100% that was resistant to ghost, and started chucking ultra balls. After that, it was a grind of throwing ultra balls and healing up. In the end, so many turns had passed that I would have a higher chance to catch if I switched to Timer Balls, so I did. Six timer balls (and a hyper potion) later, and I had caught Giratina.

Now, it is just a matter of collecting the Shiny Charm.

Total Stats: 707/707 pokemon caught.

AS: Long story short, because I didn't have the time to write it out proper today, I caught Landorus and Giratina.

Achievement Get: National Dex Completion! Total Stats: 707/707 pokemon caught.

There are 15 event legendaries that don't count toward the in-game National Dex (no longer counting Deoxys), and with 721 Pokémon in total, that leaves 706 Pokémon that the in-game Pokédex recognizes as NatDex-qualified. So, who's your extra?

Lorde

So I battled against Gym Leader Norman at the Petalburg Gym and I used my Camerupt against his first Slaking. I attacked Slaking with Lava Plume and even though that did damage, Norman's Slaking survived and I screamed in fury. I soon slayed it with Earthquake and then I battled against Norman's Vigoroth. I defeated it with my Sceptile's Leaf Blade and I switched back to Camerupt next and battled and finally beat Norman's second Slaking with Earthquake. After beating my father Norman, I received the Balance Badge and Retaliate TM from him and I walked out of the Gym with him and we saw Wally and his father loitering outside. After talking with each other, I got the Surf HM from Wally's dad and left with Wally.

I did a quick cycle around Hoenn to collect some flags, only one new secret pal gave me a bunch of flags, she gave me 24. Now I've passed 500 and claimed the gold flag, I'll have a test with the mood lighting to see if it works well with my current layout tomorrow.
After that I soared to the Trackless Forest again and caught Entei. It didn't last long, all it took was a Thunder Wave, 3 False Swipes and a few Ultra Balls ^_^

Charmanderz

On Monday night I was able to complete my National Dex, for the first time in all the years I've played, thanks to my friend who helped me get the last few I was missing. I received the shiny charm, and never having caught a shiny myself besides a Tentacool in an older game, I decided to try shiny hunting for the first time.
I spent the next day chaining for a shiny Eevee. After a chain of just 66, I found one! Thankfully a female. I haven't decided what to evolve her into, either Sylveon or Vaporeon. I then started chaining for a shiny Vulpix. That bled over into today, and I finally found a female shiny after my chain reached 100+ (I stopped counting after my chain broke the first few times)
I then tried chain fishing for the first time, looking for a shiny male Horsea. Found a shiny female Wailmer by accident!
3 shinies in 2 days is insane for me, I usually don't have such good luck.

Lorde

So next I left Petalburg City with Wally and returned to Mauville City. As soon as I had arrived, I visited the Pokemon Center and healed my darlings before going east to Route 118. Once I was at Route 118, I ran downhill towards the sea and battled an Aroma Lady and beat her Grass-types with Camerupt and then I picked up a Stardust in the sand and beat a Guitarist and Fisherman by the coast too. I then used my traded Azumarill's Surf and I Surfed across the river there and I arrived at the other side and I battled Gabby and Ty. After slaying their Loudred and Magneton in an intense Double Battle, I sashayed east some more and ran into Steven, then a wild Latias showed up and we flew to Southern Island on it.

Lorde

So me and Steven then arrived at Southern Island after flying there on the Latias that appeared at Route 118. We walked north and spotted a Latios in the forest clearing with waterfalls. Team Magma Admin Courtney and a Team Magma grunt showed up and Steven and I battled against them to protect the Latios. With help from Steven's Metang, we both thrashed Courtney and the grunt and they quickly left the area after that. Steven healed my team as well and Latios joined my team next with the Latiosite Mega Stone attached. I also got a gift Mega Bracelet from Steven and then we headed back to Route 118. Steven walked off and after exchanging Pokemon at Mauville City's PC, I headed to Route 119.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I started breeding for Pokemon to use for the Super challenges at the Battle Maison. I decided to start by breeding for a Gengar, since Gengar's served me well in Battle Facilities over the years. First, I dumped the Gengar I already had in the Day Care with one of my Ditto in order to pass on the Nature I wanted. Then, I gave the resulting Gastly one of my 200+ Everstones and bred it with my flawless Ditto holding the Destiny Knot.

I started collecting eggs and then worked on hatching them. I decided to hatch them on Crescent Isle, since it was in my game today and I like hatching Pokemon in cool locations. It took me under ten eggs to hatch a Gastly with all the flawless IVs I was looking for, which I was pretty happy about since I don't have that much time today to spend hatching a million eggs.

Aside from that, I briefly visited my Secret Base in order to get more stones from my pals. Added to my Everstone collection again, but fortunately I also got some useful Dusk and Shiny Stones.

Zekrom143

Stop, Goku Time!
Been re-doing EV training for my Gallade that I got via the GTS cause I had to use a reset bag cause I need at least one Pokemon that doesn't have HP as the highest EV & I needed a fast pokemon *faster than what my Serperior & Zangoose are*.

Lorde

So I ran through very tall grass as I walked towards Route 119 and I battled against some Bird Keeper and beat his Flying-types with my Camerupt. I also beat a second Bird Keeper as I headed north and then I finally arrived at the rainy route and I walked through more thick tall grass in rainfall and I battled several trainers and their Bug-types inside the Mimic Circle. I also caught a wild Gloom and Tropius for my collection and I finally left the tall grass section and I visited a house nearby with Wingull inside and a woman there healed my team. I went back outside next and I ran further north and picked a few Hondew Berries and battled and beat a Brains & Brawn pair when I arrived at bridge and then saved.

skyradiant

To Each Future
Went Lucky Egg hunting, and found two wild Pelipper with Lucky Eggs. My Gardevoir stole both of their eggs with Thief, so now I have three Lucky Eggs. Tomorrow, more Lucky Egg hunting, if my sanity can take it.

Tonight I soared to the Trackless Forest when the time was right to find Suicune, I caught it with a single quick ball, it was so anticlimactic. It was the last of the legendary beasts.
Afterwards I flew to the Desert Ruins to battle Regirock, I sent out Gardevoir first in the hopes of putting it to sleep with Rest, my theory was that Gardevoir would put itself to sleep and then pass the sleep on to Regirock with Synchronize, but it didn't work, how disappointing :/ I KO'd it 4 times and eventully caught it with an Ultra Ball. It was the last of the regi trio, now Regigigas awaits.
Then I used the Ace Trainers in my base to EV train my Snivy before saying goodbye to them and doing the usual lap of the region to find flags. I found 2 jerks that had boxed themselves in to avoid anyone interacting with them, but a few people gave me some flags after becoming my pal. It shouldn't take too long to reach Platinum rank at this rate.