• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Ketaru

This first tidbit isn't ORAS news, but I got all the starters (and their subsequent evolutions) on my Kalos Pokedex. Granted, I'm doing it at a very lax pace, but I've begun actively working on my Pokedexes for both Y and AlphaSapphire. Baby steps, man!

Got a new Vileplume that is online battle-ready at level 50, with a more appropriate nature and EV spread for what I actually want to use it for. Flag collection today has been slow, however. In real life, I went to an International Tabletop Day event at a nearby board game store and streetpassed at least 5 other individuals in the garage the games were taking place in. Too bad none of my followed up on my streetpass message, "Pkmn battle?!" I'm beginning to accept that StreetPass is not an effective outreach tool for Pokemon battles. I had some luck at a previous board gaming convention. But the very last time I battled a nearby person, she turned out to be a defeatist misanthropist who keeps talking about how the world is fundamentally evil.

So, I have been fairly busy the past couple of days IRL, however I've been able to do a fare amount of Pokemon as well. Right after my post the other day, I did some Chain Fishing and was able to catch a Shiny Wailmer. I was fairly happy, and mainly wanted it just to gain another shiny. The next day I did more Chain Fishing and caught my second golden Magikarp, which I promptly named Markiplier.. The only reason I did so is due to the fact that the said gamer would be a Shiny Magikarp if he was a Pokemon. And, as of tonight, I've done some trades with a couple forum members, unlocked more dex by transfer, and as I was typing this out doing some Wonder Trades. The one that specifically sticks out was a wonder trade with Catnips Everdeen, who I traded a Seedot to, she sent me a Shiny Seedot! Not sure if it's a hack yet, or just someone who wanted to share some love, but either way, I am feeling very happy. Cheers!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So Kyogre made it to the surface and it started raining, then Kyogre headed to Sootopolis City. Archie was then informed about the rainfall that he didn't expect. Next Shelly, Maxie, Archie, and I went to the surface and next they went to Sootopolis City. Steven arrived after that and we gossiped, then Steven flew off after speaking with me and then I Surfed along Route 127 and battled a few stray trainers as I drifted towards Sootopolis City. I soon arrived at Route 126 and I used Wailmer's Dive and went underwater and caught a Lanturn next before resurfacing in the lake in Sootopolis City. I Surfed towards land and healed my Pokemon at the Sootopolis Pokemon Center and then I sashayed back outside.

andyhaj

Started up today with looking around Mauville City. I went into the Battle Food Court to get some food. While being there, 5 trainers came to challenge me for my chair, but I managed to beat them all. I continued around Mauville, and found some TMs and other items. After this, I met Wally outside the Gym. He challenged me to a battle, and I took him down with Cornelia. After the battle, his uncle gave me HM06 Rock Smash. I went into the Gym, challenging all the trainers and eventually Wattson. I mainly used Ace in here, and he took down the leader without any big problems. Wattson gave me the TM for Volt Switch and a badge after the battle.
I headed west, for Verdanturf Town. On my way, I battled the trainers on Route 117, and eventually got into town. Not much going on here, except a girl looking for her Shroomish. I found it behind a sign, and then she gave me an Intriguing Stone. I went into the tunnel, and got out somewhere. Here, I met a guy looking for his glasses. I managed to find a pair of Black Glasses, but he was looking for something else. We both left, and I went further into the cave. Here I met a man and a woman. They asked if I could help with breaking some rocks, so I did. In return, I got the Aggronite. We all left, and I decided to head north from Mauville. Here I ran into a house, where I met the Winstrate Family. They challenged me to a battle, and I beat them all. I kept going north, taking on challenges from all the trainers on the way. I got through Fiery Path, and met Aarune just outside. He taught me about Super Secret Bases, and gave me the TM for Secret Power. I found a house, in here there was an old woman who asked if I wanted to take a rest. I said yes, and decided to take a break here.

Team:
;256; Ace Lv. 28
;281; Cornelia Lv. 26
;277; Komali Lv. 27

Lorde

I finally battled Primal Kyogre deep inside the Cave of Origin and quickly paralyzed it with my Manectric's Thunder Wave and next I weakened it and threw several Ultra Balls and captured it. I exited the cave after my victory and saw a pillar of light shoot up to the sky and end Kyogre's flood. I spoke to Archie, Steven, and Brendan and got the Eon Flute, then I healed my team at the Sootopolis City PC. I Surfed towards the Sootopolis Gym next and went in. I stepped on the ice puzzle and fell to the bottom afterwards and I battled against several of the Gym's trainers and their Water-types for extra experience. After slaying them and solving the Gym puzzle, I arrived at Gym Leader Wallace's spot and saved my game.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did several things today:

-Visited some new Secret Bases and obtained some more flags even though I don't need them. I recruited a few of the owners to my base and used their skills to get some more stones and other items.

-After that, I went to Route 113 and collected some more volcanic ash. I then went inside the glass workshop there and obtained a Black Flute, which was the last flute item I needed from there. I want to get the Secret Base items from that place too, but I don't have nearly enough ash yet. Will have to collect a lot more before I can get those items.

-Finally, I decided to get started on completing all the ingame trades in the game. I returned to the Petalburg Woods and used my DexNav to encounter a Slakoth. I caught it and then headed up to Rustboro City. Inside one of the houses there, I traded that Slakoth in exchange for a Makuhita.

Flamer

Finished EV training Charmander on Saturday, then went around a load of Secret Bases evolving him and leveling up to lv50. After that I went and got the Will-o-wisp TM from Mt.Pyre and the Dragon Claw TM from Meteor Falls. With Charizard completed, I then turned my attention to getting the Ice Beam TM for Greninja. Switched up my team a little before heading to Sea Mauville for that. Bought Manetric back in, and also Kyogre for Dive. Took me ages to solve the key puzzle, (mostly cause I couldn't find the key for room 2), but managed to make it down to the storage area in the end and get the TM. With the team now complete I set sail for the Battle Resort.

I also got a Pangoro over the weekend from the GTS and bred him to get a Pancham of my own. Trained him up alongside Charmander. Currently at lv27, so got a few levels to go yet. Put Mighteyna back in the team so I have a Dark type for when he reaches lv32.

Last edited:

Lorde

I finally battled my good sis Gym Leader Wallace at the Sootopolis City Gym and I used my darling Roserade against his Luvdisc and beat it with Petal Dance. Afterwards, I used Manectric against Wallace's Seaking and defeated Seaking with Discharge and then I beat Wallace's Sealeo next with another Discharge as well. I slayed Wallace's Whiscash with Roserade next and I battled Wallace's Milotic with my Manectric and I also thrashed it with a Discharge attack. After Wallace was dethroned, I received the Rain Badge from him as well as the Waterfall HM. After Wallace told me about the Pokemon League, I left the Gym and headed back outside. I then flew back to Littleroot and Prof. Birch upgraded my Pokedex.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Now that I've gotten Dive, I'm in the process of soft-resetting for a shiny Registeel. Afterwards, I'm targeting a shiny Regice so I get all Regis shiny. Then I'll continue the main story

Doujins

Professional Doofus
Finally got my 3DS and AS yesterday and started playing this morning. Captured a Lotad, Makuhita, Oddish, and Skarmory all within a short time of each other and consistantly keeping them balanced. I'm actually over-leveled a bit (My Mudkip had already evloved into Marshtomp by the time I battled Roxanne). As of right now I have four gym badges I obtain quite easily (Roxxane wasn't hard if she even is, Brawley was easy because I was over-leveled, Watson is self-explanatory, I beat Flannery without her even landing a hit on me) and have a fairly decent team coming along.

I would go shiny hunting, but since I have very, very, very bad luck with them I'll probably put it aside for later.

Lorde

Once Birch upgraded my Pokedex, I dashed to Oldale Town and then Route 102 and I caught a wild Gothita using the DexNav. I then went to Sootopolis City and dove underwater, caught a Relicanth, and Surfed through Route 128, then after slaying a few trainers along the sea route as I went eastward, I arrived at the waterfall at the base of Ever Grande City island. I used Waterfall next and I healed my darlings at Ever Grande City's Pokemon Center. After settling that, I pranced through flowers to Victory Road since I wanted to challenge to E4 as soon as possible. I Surfed on a pond once inside and I used Strength to push a huge boulder from the path and I battled against an Ace Trainer and saved my game next.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I got the other two ingame trades done. I returned to Route 113 first and captured a Spinda there. After collecting some ash, I then flew to Fortree and went inside one of the tree houses. I traded the Spinda in exchange for a Skitty. Once that was done, I went out to one of the routes neighbouring Fortree and captured a Gloom. I evolved it into Bellossom using one of my Sun Stones and then headed on over to Pacifidlog Town. There, I traded the Bellossom for a Corsola.

After those trades were done, I returned to the Battle Resort. I decided to start breeding some of my Pokemon transferred from White 2, for no reason other than to give me something to do. I put my Arcanine in the Day Care and started breeding for a Growlithe. Hatched quite a few eggs today, will continue later on.

Flamer

Finished leveling up Pancham and evolved him into Pangoro.

Then headed up to the Battle Mansion and partook in my first battles there. All very straightforward, to the point of actually being quite boring. Hope it gets more challenging fairly quickly as my run increases

With Battle Mansion proving to be a bit of a let down I had a go with Battle Spot instead. Won my first free battle, but lost the next one to a team containing Darkrai and Primal Groudon, so wasn't too disappointed. Actually came very close to winning, but Excadrill's Earthquake didn't quite finish off Primal Groudon, which left him open to being OHKOed by a Solar Beam. After that experience, I decided to try the ranking battle, but lost both of those. Think I need a bit more practice, (and some better items for Greninja and Excadrill) before I can be competitive with that. Got walled particularly badly by a Mega Blastoise, so reckon I could do with something to deal with bulky Water types. Might give Greninja Gunk Shot when I can afford the TM.

Ended the day with another free battle. The opponent had a team made up of Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Mega Raquaza. Came within a whisker of victory, with Mega Charizard X's Dragon Claw just failing to OHKO Mega Raquaza.

Creyk

I played contests today. It was nice, I love the special moves pokemon do when you fill up all 5 points in the competition. Darkrai's special animation is menacing and so apt for a dark type pokemon, and Dianice's was just plain beautiful. I have no idea how many of these special moves they made but It's kinda sad that there isn't a compilation video about all of them on youtube. I'd watch them again and again

Lorde

At Victory Road's cave, I slayed that one Ace Trainer, then I captured a wild Loudred and Lairon. I battled various other wild Pokemon for some extra experience as well. I dashed across a wooden bridge next after activating a Max Repel and beat a female Ace Trainer's Froslass with Manectric's Flamethrower. I headed down afterwards and walked around in the dark on the lower floor of Victory Road and pushed several huge boulders. I beat an Expert and her Fighting-types with my Swellow afterwards and battled another Ace Trainer when I climbed up more steps. As I arrived at a pond, I saw an Ace Duo and battled against their Cradily and Armaldo. Afterwards, I caught a Golbat and Medicham and saved again.

Ketaru

More flag collecting today. Got real lucky with somebody who gave me about 20 flags. I'm currently 25 flags from 500. With luck, I'll reach the 500 mark tomorrow morning. Still wondering if I should go for 1000. It's not like I ever plan to use Mega Garchomp.

Got into a passerby battle. She was using status moves on Pokemon that already had status effects, though. Either she wasn't very good, or she was gambling on me switching out and losing the bet.

On Y, put up a Ditto in GTS for a Houndoom. Didn't get a trade all night. I thought it was sure to work because everyone always wants Ditto...

As a somewhat symbolic gesture for the Day of Silence, I also changed my Pokemon Y Profile message and GTS message, and AlphaSapphire Profile message, GTS message, and Secret Base messages to "..." and muted the jukebox in my base. It'll only be for tomorrow though.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I started yet another wedlocke in omega ruby. This time I'm totally sticking to the rules. No deaths so far and I'm training my teams to battle the second gym leader. Current teams:
Brock the mudkip and Ruth the dustox lv 15 and 14
Melony the wingull and Rodger the zigzagoon lv 13 each
Prince Mush the shroomish and Twitter the tailow lv 14 each

andyhaj

I continued on my way to Fallarbor Town. On my way there, I battled all the trainers on my way, trying to evolve Cornelia. I got her to lv. 29 before I got into town. There, I met May, and was told about a professor that was missing. I went to Meteor Falls to find him. I took on all the trainers on the way, and after I beat the double battle trainers on Route 114, Cornelia evolved! I continued to Meteor Falls, and got inside. Here I met May, Team Magma and the professor. May and I took on Team Magma, and won. They started talking about Mt. Chimney, and left. We followed the professor home, and he gave me the TM for Smack Down. May asked if I wanted to join her on the way to Mauville City, so I accepted. We went there, then I headed towards Mt. Chimney. I took on the Magma Grunt and Admin, and eventually Maxie. I beat him, he gave me the Meteorite, and then started talking about Mt. Pyre and went off. I started to head for Lavaridge, through Jagged Pass. I explored the town, and received an Egg. I decided to take a break here before challenging the Gym.

Team:
;256; Ace lv. 31
;282; Cornelia lv. 30
;277; Komali lv, 29

Starting to get really over-levelled here... I have no idea what to add to my team. Thinking about Cacturne and Walrein, but I'm not sure...

Ketaru

Just finished an online battle with another Serebiiforums user. I kind of...lost. Yeah, I definitely lost.

Also, got 500 flags. So I think I'm good with sharing my base now. Still not sure about getting 1000 flags though. Stop on by and get your fortune told by a dude in swimming trunks!

secretbase.jpg

Lorde

I Surfed on an underground lake inside of Victory Road and I found the Psychic TM in an outdoor area. I Surfed back into Victory Road afterwards and I battled tons of wild Pokemon next before battling an Expert trainer and beating his Sawk with my Swellow's Fly. After that, I kept running around the cavern and pushed more boulders and battled against an Ace Trainer who was from the Winstrate Family. I quickly beat his Electrode, Darmanitan and Swalot with my Swampert and Manectric, then I battled a Dragon Tamer before finding Wally in a field of wild flowers. We battled and I beat Wally's Roselia, Magneton and Delcatty with Swellow and Hariyama, then his Altaria and Mega Gallade with Swampert and saved.