• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Asides from shiny legend hunting, I've been spending a lot of time at the Battle Maison. I've managed to unlock both Super Single and Super Double training. Note to anyone going into the Maison: be afraid if you encounter Grumpig

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So, I level grinded Lileep and evolved it into Cradily. I trained him at Victory Road and at Secret Bases. Then I saved at a Base.

Doomdour

Color Ball Collector
After my horrid experience of Surf KO'ing a Shiny Swablu in a horde, I traded my Onix with Doomdour so it could evolve and it is now a happy Steelix!

Ooh.. Been there.. Glad to see it worked out! :D

Yeah and glad to help get ya a Steelix. So I completely overlooked the fact that Skorupi is in route 114. My friend wanted one so I chained a F HA. It took 4 tries to finally see a female and then caught it in a net ball and bred one for him along with a Geodude he wanted.

Trying to organize my boxes and bit better and get rid of the clutter.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I found the Alakazite at the Slateport Market, then I visited the Oceanic Museum. I fought some Aqua grunts on the second floor after chatting with Captain Stern, then Archie arrived and ranted. Afterwards, I handed Captain Stern the Devon Parts and I dashed to the Contest Spectacular building and spotted Lisia with her stans. I spoke to her and she gave me a Contest Pass and the Pokeblock Kit and I participated in a Contest and received the Cosplay Pikachu. I sprinted to Route 110 next and captured a wild Electrike and stopped by the Trick Master's home. I fought trainers next and walked towards Mauville City, but first I encountered May and we fought. I slayed her team and she gave me the Dowsing Machine.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Will be starting up OR very soon. I might also start doing random captures and sending them through Wonder Trade to see what I get.

Anyhow....story of the day involving casual 3DS battles on AS:

I was at a Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions concert last night (which was incredible; go see it if you haven't checked it out), and brought my 3DS along (with Alpha Sapphire in it) so I could be able to battle any fellow concertgoers that were in the theater before the concert started and during intermission. Before the concert started I asked for a battle with an audience member who was sitting next to me with a 3DS with Omega Ruby and he was more than happy to participate. Won first battle 1-0, with his Keldeo and shiny Genensect giving me a hard time. Battled him again during intermission and won 2-0 (he swapped his team and didn't use legendaries this time around, but his entire team was full of Shiny Pokemon, which I had to give props to him for that). Both were hard-fought battles and he gave me a good, friendly, and fair fight.

While I was waiting in line to get my posters autographed, someone nearby challenged me to a battle. Since this person had Pokemon X/Y and I was playing Alpha Sapphire, I couldn't use Metagrossite or Salamencite; swapped those out for a Leftover and a Razor Fang. At the start, I had a major disadvantge. I sent out Swampert first, only to see my opponent send out Gogoat as their first Pokemon; this forced me to switch out due to the major type disadvantage.

Eventually after some switching and a couple of my Pokemon fainting in exchange for taking out one of my opponent's Pokemon and significantly damaging another of their Pokemon, I brought out my Metagross. Needless to say, this was the start of my comeback. I proceeded to take out a couple of my opponent's Pokemon while Leftovers kept that guy alive for an additional couple of turns. My Metagross was eventually brought down by my opponent's Aegislash's Shadow Sneak. Brought out Swampert (still full health after I swapped it out at the beginning) and proceeded to take out not only Aegislash, but also Sylveon with a OHKO Earthquake.

At this point I had the match almost in the bag as my opponent brought out a heavily weakened Swampert. My opponent had one full-health Pokemon left and that Swampert, compared to me with a relatively healthy Swampert that was on the field and 2 other full health Pokemon in reserve. I quickly figured that since I EV trained my Swampert on Attack and Speed (with good IVs on both of those stats), maybe I could be able to go first, use Earthquake and be able to KO my opponent's Swampert....

...then I see the message "you have lost connection"

Well what a low blow - a nearby fellow concertgoer who asked for a battle decided to bail out like a coward.

I know for a fact that this happens all the time in standard 3DS online battles (I myself have experienced this a few times, mainly when I was about to clinch victory), so it was no big deal for me in those cases - I just move on. But having this happen to me (almost) in-person makes me a bit sad and upset

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So, I checked my Holo Caster but it couldn't find updates. Then I browsed the GTS for Dusknoir but there were no easy trades. Then used up a Fire Stone on Vulpix to evolve it into Ninetales. Then bred Pikachu with Ditto for a Pichu egg. Finally saved in front of the Day Care Center.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
After getting Dive from Steven, I headed off to the water routes and began exploring and did a lot of treasure hunting and battling along the way. Eventually I made my way to the Seafloor Cavern, where I battled through Team Aqua to find Archie. I beat Archie in battle and despite the protests of Maxie and Shelly, Archie awakened Kyogre. Immediately it escaped and a huge rain storm began. Steven caught up to me and let me know the storm was centered over Sootopolis City and so everyone headed straight there.

Upon arrival Steven introduced me to Wallace, the gym leader and his friend. Wallace led me to the Cave of Origin, where Kyogre had returned. I headed inside, with the Aqua Suit from Team Aqua, and made my way to the deepest part. There I found Kyogre, who took me to the very core of the cave. Kyogre reverted to its Primal form, and so I battled it. After a long and tense battle filled with many Revives, I finally caught Kyogre! When I left the cave the storm had stopped and Hoenn was saved. In addition, the energy from the cave had spread out across all of Hoenn. Steven suggested it could usher in a new era for the region. Everyone left, and me and May had a chat before I headed off to the gym. After a battle with Wallace, I won my 8th and final badge!

Badges: 8

Current team:
Sceptile ~ Level 63
Swellow ~ Level 60
Beautifly ~ Level 54
Mightyena ~ Level 58
Manectric ~ Level 55
Aggron ~ Level 59
Medicham ~ Level 47
Linoone (HMs) ~ Level 45

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
I was looking at Bulbapedia, stumbled upon Mega Stones, and realized I might have missed a few Mega Stones in Alpha Sapphire. Quickly looked it up, pulled out my trusty HM slaves Linnone and Wailord, and went to pick up Scizorite, Heracronite, and Pinsirite. Afterwards, I saved.

I'm still a bit amazed I missed those Mega Stones despite going out of my way to make sure no stone and grass was left untouched for items when I was clearing AS. Because of this, I'll likely do Mega Stone hunting on Pokemon X in the next few days just to make sure I have all the stones possible.

Lorde

I continued sprinting north along Route 110 and I defeated a few more trainers and then I arrived at Mauville City. Once inside, I saw Wally and his uncle, then I wandered to the courtyard and visited the PC. Next I dashed out and walked past the Food Court and shops. I stopped by the old Mauville Game Corner and I got Dolls from the owner, then I visited Rydel's shop and obtained an Arco Bike. I sashayed into TV Mauville next and then climbed to the roof plaza and got items. I then arrived at the Mauville City Gym and saw Wally again. I had to battle Wally and I used my Vigoroth to slay his Ralts. I got the Rock Smash HM from Wally's uncle afterwards and waltzed into the Mauville Gym and saved my game inside.

Well guys, it's time for the battle between me and Wattson! We need some cool background music for this!
[video=youtube;5hobw6Z5mwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hobw6Z5mwE[/video]

Nothing says epic Pokémon battle better than vaporwave.

Bring it on, Wattson!

Aww yeah, one down and Mixtape grew to level 25! And the other Pokémon is also down, I'm almost finished- done!
I used Double Kick the entire time LOL

Why is he laughing? He just lost. Oh snap the PokéDollars are rolling in! He was electrified by me HAH!
That shining Dynamo Badge is also in the pocket! I'm doing great!

Okay something will happen when I walk out of the door I just know it.
And I was right, Team Magma appeared! Oh okay it was just a chat, so I can relax and still get Rock Smash... which I already owned, I knew that I was just testing you guys.. heheheh.. ehm.. okay moving on lol

Dawg gets to learn Rock Smash! Okay now you forgot Odor Sleuth you can smash rocks, yay! Giddy is a cool guy, maybe I'll see him around some time in the future, would be cool! Some random guy told me where he lived and gave me a globe for my secret base. Well, that escalated quickly.
I got a Poké Toy from someone lol, I like how strangers give me their items and I didn't even beat the champion yet hahahahah!

WHAT THE ACTUAL WHAT. Some random guy just ran to me to give me a random nugget and then awkwardly told me there was nothing funny about those nuggets, what's happening. Does anyone want to have that nugget? I'm too scared to use it now.
I did it again, I saw a boy chase his Poochyena so I stood between them and now the Poochyena is chasing the boy hahahah!

Well, I talked to everyone who was at the top floor of Mauville and now it's time to continue my adventure! I wonder if I get to see that interviewer and cameraman again just like I did in the original Ruby I always battled against those trainers to level my Pokémon and get some TV fame, by the time I was level 100 I probably got my own reality show lol

They are also in Omega Ruby, I'm so happy :U
It's even the same theme but the modern version, great work developers, great work! Dawg became level 19! We won against Gabby & Ty and Mixtape grew to level 26! Cool they are traveling reporters, I want to become a traveling reporter as well but I'm not really the kind of person that interviews people lol
I will probably look back at this post in 7 months and laugh because of possible video assignments that I could've done in the time that I didn't have college.

Interview time! *Hammer goes through the word interview time*
"How did you feel about this battle?"
Duct tape

I should probably get some online friends so they would see this on their BuzzNav lol
I runsneaked past a few trainers, I wonder how far I can get before a trainer spots me hahahahah! A trainer spotted me, it was May! Okay you MAY battle me ba dum tss. Hey, thanks for the Strength HM. Oh I get it, now you can brag to everyone that you gave me strength. Good one, May, good one! no battle.
okay.

Well, I finally got my Magic Guard Abras caught and bred. Turns out, you can't catch Abra on Rte. 116 in ORAS; I must've been remembering that from Emerald. Anyway, I taught them some TMs, levelled them up a bit to evolve them into Kadabra, and then I got help evolving them into Alakazam from someone on here. I also bred a Sheer Force Totodile and a pair of Prankster Riolus for my trade shop. I need to breed a Contrary Snivy and a Leaf Guard Chikorita next, which will be a project for another day.

Edit: Scratch that "another day" business, I got it done this evening, in addition to breeding a few extra Defiant Piplups, Speed Boost Torchics, and Telepathy Munnas to add to my trade shop. This also forced me to split my trade shop HAs into two boxes--one for individual species, and another for duplicates. Lastly, I now have 30 different species of HA Pokémon in my trade shop, so adding any more will require a third HA box to be set up.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The group I was training (Beedrill, Pidgeot, Slowbro, Steelix, Lopunny and Audino) are all level 55. All that's left is checking if my Kyogre is hacked, if not, train it up to lvl55 and getting a male Corsola with Recover so I can breed that upon my female Lileep, which then needs to be EV-trained and grinded up to level 55 as well.

Than it's League Time.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
After getting my 8th badge I headed straight for Ever Grande City and Victory Road. It felt a lot shorter and easier than I remember it in RSE, however. At the end I bumped into Wally, who battled me alongside his Mega Gallade. I beat him and headed for the Pokemon League. I stocked up on supplies and headed in. I quickly beat Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia and Drake one by one before challenging Steven. He actually presented a challenge and I really enjoyed the battle, but nonetheless I beat him and became Pokemon Champion! Me and May then headed home to Littleroot, having a battle that I won along the way.

Back home, my parents gave me tickets to see a show at Mossdeep City. Norman suggested I take May, but as I left I bumped into a strange woman who told me we'd meet again. At May's house I found out someone had broken in and stolen her Key Stone, and apparently they were heading to Petalburg City next. I quickly got there and found Team Aqua's Matt threatening Wally. I beat him in battle and he cleared off. I then got a call from Steven on my DexNav, telling me to head to Devon HQ in Rustboro. After a quick stop back in Littleroot to get the National Pokedex, I made my way to see Steven. His father told me about a meteoroid heading for our planet and told me I needed to get a meteor shard from Dewford Cave. I headed over there ASAP and encountered the strange woman again, Zinnia. I beat her in battle and she gave me a shard, which I then took to Mossdeep Space Center and gave to Professor Cozmo. He and Steven told me of their plan to save the world, but Zinnia eavesdropped and voiced her disapproval.

After this I decided to soar with Latias for a bit, and I ended up catching both Terrakion and Azelf! I then traveled around Hoenn catching some of the new Pokemon along the way.

Current team:
Sceptile ~ Level 68
Swellow ~ Level 64
Beautifly ~ Level 63
Mightyena ~ Level 65
Manectric ~ Level 61
Aggron ~ Level 64

Lorde

Next I defeated trainers and their Electric-types at the Mauville City Gym and removed the electric fences and challenged Gym Leader Wattson. I thrashed his Magnemite with Makuhita's Arm Thrust attacks, then Wattson's Voltorb with Vigoroth's Slash. I beat Wattson's Magneton last with my Combusken's Ember and won the Dynamo Badge and Volt Switch TM afterwards. I strutted out of the Mauville Gym next and dashed to Mauville's PC. I ventured west to Route 117 next and visited Verdanturf Town, then I went north to Route 111 and fought the Winstrate Family. I then used Rock Smash on a boulder and spotted Gabby and Ty and I defeated their Whismur and Magnemite with Hariyama and Combusken and saved.

Aetius

I started breeding again in AS after a long time and I must say that things are proceeding smoothly, since I was able to get 9 flawless Pokèmon.
Right now I'm breeding a Swift Swim Psyduck and I do hope that it won't take long to obtain a flawless one. :D

I finally got both my HA Venusaurs to Lv.100! Yay! Also, my newly bred HA Alakazam is now a high enough level to battle on his own, but my HA Garchomp and HA Goodra will still be fighting the majority of the battles. They're closer to hitting Lv.100, so they'll be hogging all the EXP until they do. Garchomp, in particular, will be doing all the singles fighting, because he doesn't get boosted EXP from being born on X and transferred over, while Goodra and Zam do because they were.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So still trying to get a Pichu egg but still didn't get an Egg. I soon got bored so I Wonder Traded. Finally, I saved in front of the Daycare Center.

Kacho

You are next.
i finished EV training my moltres, and i had to redo it once. I am still confused why there's EV on Rayquaza already, but I think it was from the Deoxy fight so im waiting until berry master give me more berries to remove those EV and have enough left over. meanwhle, im training 2 walrein for future horde killers

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I've been trying to get a Master Ball from the Poke Lottery for the past couple days. I was trying to get hatch a shiny Combee but it's been a month and nothing. And finally, from Wonder Trade, I got a level 100 Pidgeot, with Pokerus, perfect IVs and it's shiny. Probably hacked but I'm keeping it.

Lorde

I kept running along through Route 111 and went west towards Route 112 and saw May again. She handed me the Strength HM and I caught a Numel and Machop next and defeated trainers as I neared the foot of Mt. Chimney. Next I waltzed into the Fiery Path since Team Aqua grunts were blocking the cable car station and caught a wild Slugma, Torkoal, and Grimer and continued through the tunnel until I arrived at Route 112's northern end. After picking a few Persim and Razz Berries, I ran into a handsome man named Aarune by a large tree. I received the Secret Power TM from him after listening to him and I entered the Secret Base that he made. After speaking with Aarune, I decorated the base with stuff and saved.