• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

I haven't played Pokemon in months now, so i thought i should do another playthrough with another selected team of mine. The game i'll be playing is Omega Ruby, and i'll be going with a level 1 team of my choosing. The current team make-up: Slowking, Turtwig, Torchic, Shieldon, Pichu and my ace in the hole, a shiny dratini. More to come soon!

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Finished training my Charmander and Charmeleon today. I first did some training in the new Secret Bases I got the other day, until both of my Pokemon had evolved into Charizard. Then, I went through the Elite Four again and got both Charizard to around level 60.

After that, I took a break from training in order to find the Charizard Mega Stones. I went to Fiery Path first and obtained the Charizardite X there, then went over to Scorched Slab to get the Charizardite Y. Once I had both stones, I gave them to my Charizard to hold and then fought several regular trainers to try out both Mega Evolutions. When I had enough of that, I returned to my Blissey Bases and got both Charizard up to level 100.

Flamer

Put my Vulpix shiny hunt on hold for a bit in order to get my Pikachu Cup team ready.

Transferred over Emolga, Stunfisk and Joltik from White and started EV training Emolga. First I soared to my secret base just outside Mauville and made use of my secret pals. Then soared over the Safari Zone and started training against the Pikachu there whilst on the lookout for a suitable Pikachu to catch for the team. Didn't find one, but did finish training Emolga in Spd so now getting to work on its Hp.

Bought Ludicolo into the team for a bit of variety

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Level 100 Pokémon number 296 has been completed! It's a Celebi that I got from the Pokémon Bank when it first came out.

celebi.gif

#296: Celebi
Nature: Careful (+ Spec. Defense, - Spec. Attack)
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Big Root
Move Set:
- Seed Bomb
- Zen Headbutt
- Leech Seed
- Heal Bell

So, now that I've completed my project of leveling twelve Pokémon to 100 to fill in a few slots, I decided to have a bit of fun playing around with some Legendary Pokémon. The team I put together consists of a Mega Mewtwo Y, Celebi, Primal Kyogre, Altered Giratina, Therian Landorus, and Mega Diancie. One Legendary from each generation. It wasn't really me trying to build an entirely cohesive team of Legendary Pokémon, so much as it was me just grabbing one Legendary from each generation that I felt like leveling it.

I had already completed Mewtwo. It was the Mewtwo that I had caught in Y and raised as the first 100 I ever leveled in Omega Ruby. So I used it to help me level Celebi, which was a level 10 Celebi that I received (as I said before) from the Pokémon Bank, in a Luxury Ball.

Starting off, I had planned out to use a very similar to build to the one I had finished with. In fact, there was really only one major difference. Instead of Seed Bomb and Zen Headbutt, I had originally planned to use Energy Ball and Psychic. However, around level 30 or so, I noticed that her Physical Attack was about 20% to 30% higher than her Special Attack, so I immediately looked up what physical moves she could use and switched over to Seed Bomb and Zen Headbutt. I ended up going with this final build fairly early, sticking with Leech Seed and Heal Bell. I decided that the Big Root would be the best unique Held Item that I could give her, since it boosts the healing received from Leech Seed, making her switch in/out support even more powerful.

The leveling process was actually fairly easy. Having 100 in all base stats pretty much means Celebi is about as frail as a brick house, and as delicate as a howitzer. Well, maybe I'm over-playing it a bit, but with every stat being relatively high, it wasn't that difficult to level up. In fact, only two trainers really posed much of a problem for me. The first was Street Thug Gomez, who uses a Houndoom, Honchkrow, and Cacturne, all three are resistant to Grass and immune to Psychic. The only other one was Schoolkid Jerry, who uses a Bisharp, again also being resistant to Grass and immune to Psychic.

Next up is the third Pokémon on this team: a Primal Kyogre named Poseidon.

Beat Roxanne and got my first gym badge a few minutes ago. Nearly all of my pokemon refused to listen to my commands due to leveling so it took me longer to win against Roxanne than i originally expected. The MVP of my gym battle definitely has to be Slowking, who is turning out to be a powerhouse in my team so far. His water gun really helped out and his power gem attack is wrecking pretty much everything. I also decided following my first post that i would trade out my Torchic for a personal favorite fire type, even if it means losing a fighting type in the future. My team now consists of Cyndaquil, Turtwig, Slowking, Dratini, Shieldon and Pichu. Likely going to lead with Pichu in battles to come so that i can build its friendship up and evolve him.

Reached Dewford Town in my AS play through. I painstakingly DexNav'd for a Modest Swift Swim Lotad (who then learned ice beam and giga drain after I banked it to OR and then back) and also DexNav'd a Jolly Guts Taillow before all of this, also finding a random shiny Zigzagoon during the Lotad hunt which is my HM slave for now (also has pickup as an ability!) and capturing the first badge easy with my Treecko.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Coming back after a month or so of absence, I got some cool Pokemon off of Wonder Trade today. I got a perfect shiny Lopunny (which is going straight to trade here in the forums since I bred my own), a Hoopa, and a shiny Seviper. I was challenged by someone wanting to do a Wonder Cup battle but they instead brought an all shiny OU team, so needless to say I got rocked.

I rechallenged them using a more appropriate team and got beat once again, though it was kinda my fault for trying to go for Horn Drills lol. It works sometimes, but that accuracy is appalling!

Today i had 3 evolutions. My pichu evolved into Pikachu, my turtwig into grotle and cyndaquil into quilava. So now the team consists of Slowking, Grotle, Quilava, Pikachu, Shiny Dratini and Shieldon. I also took on Brawly today and came out on top fairly easily. Given how Brawly has given me trouble in the original Ruby and Sapphire i was surprised how easily i was able to beat him with a level 16 Quilava. Either way, Quilava mowed down Brawly's team and was the only pokemon i used in the battle, so he gets the MVP of that gym battle. Might as well make a tally for Hoenn League MVP.

Roxanne MVP: Slowking
Brawly MVP: Quilava

More to come.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
As I only had like, 17 Pokemon left to complete the National Dex, I decided to just get it over with. Annoyingly enough, the last Pokemon were all from the Sinnoh region, which meant evolution, evolution, evolution! Mostly by trading.
To fix that, I just got them from the GTS, at the cost of half of all my Legendary Pokemon.. Oh well. Then I finally managed to finish the Dex, and I got the shiny Charm. Not really knowing what else to do, I went ahead to train my Zubat.

Beat Wattson today. Longer battle which i started with Shieldon. Due to Shieldon's lackluster movepool i wasn't able to put much of a dent into Wattson's team, so i switched to my Dratini who was able to take out a Magnemite with its Dragon Rage. Taking advantage of Wattson's waning Pokemon arsenal i decided that Quilava would be the star of the show. And he was indeed. Armed with flame wheel Quilava decimated Wattson's remaining Pokemon and helped me earn my 3rd badge.

Quilava gets the MVP for this particular gym battle.

More to come.

lumiina

MM Breader
I leveled up my first level 100 Pokemon \(^_^)/. She's my wshmaker Jirachi.

Way back when HeartGold's wifi still worked, I had traded my legit Japanese Manaphy (which I miss so much) for a Celebi hoping to unlock the special event with Celebi at Ilex Forest, but it didn't work. I realized I didn't care much for a Celebi outside of wanting to trigger the event at the time, so I traded for a wshmaker Jirachi, all of this taking place here on these forums! I loved my Jirachi, but held off on training it until I understood EV training. Then a long time after that, Alpha Sapphire came out and so did super training and the reset bag! I didn't have to save my Pokemon anymore. I got Pokemon Bank, transfered her over, and was finally able to train her! I raised her up from level 5, with a team of level 1 Pokemon I had hatched and used them during the Delta Episode. They are my current team I use against friends, at the battle resort and other places while I work on putting together the new team I'm working on.

I just beat the Elite 4 for the second time today, and she got to level 99. Then, after a few more random battles, I got her to level 100. It was so great seeing her progress and growing as a trainer with her as she leveled up from level 5 to level 100. Despite having played Pokemon since Pokemon Blue, I've never actually had a level 100 Pokemon. Now I'm on my way to having a team full of level 100 Pokemon <(^_^). Great feeling. Transferring her over through Pokemon Bank was so worth it.

Eventually I do hope to get a more competitive Jirachi. Since I'll be moving to Japan, in Tohoku, there's a chance they'll re-release Jirachi at the Pokemon Center there (I have a Japanese 3DS and Japanese game, so I can do local events there), and maybe a shiny one? But I'll always treasure my first Jirachi too^^.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
ive obtained the exp share and I've captured all Pokemon accessible up to petalburg woods. I'm debating catching a Shroomish or Slakoth. I actually really want a lotad but I'm sure I'll find a trainer with it around rustboro

Petalburg Woods:
Torchic
Wingull
Seedot
Taillow
Ralts
Poochyena w/ ice Fang

Flamer

Finished EV training Emolga's Hp stat.

Then went to the grass under cycling road to find a Magnemite. After nearly 20 minutes of finding everything except what I was looking for, (including a Trubbish who's dex entry I didn't have) I remember about New Mauville and decided to have a look there as well. Couldn't get into the main part of it since I haven't started the Mauville Hills quest yet, but managed to run around the entrance a bit and find a few Magnemite. Got a Sturdy one to train for my Pikachu Cup team now

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I went on the GTS to look for a Dusknoir/Phanpy, but everyone is requesting for a Legendary, which is frustrating. Because of this, I bred Donphan with Ditto to get a Phanpy egg. So far, no egg yet. Then I saved in front of the Day Care Center.

Welcome back, I'm at Route 113 and ready to explore the world... or Hoenn at least lol

What's up with Spinda, hahahaha! A Skarmory yelled at me, I feel like this is a hint that I should add a new member to my new team :U
Do your thing, Pekachu! Oh snap I'm so close! RIP my premier ball and Pekachu grew to level 19! You know what I should do? I should nickname my Skarmory Plane huehuehue get it? Because she's a Metal Bird heheheheh I should totally do that!

Gonna do it!

I did it! Plane is now part of my team!
And now it's time to fight against Youngster Dillion! Dillion has an Aron, one of the Pokémon that looks like a dinosaur :U
MUST... NOT... GET... DISTRACTED.... BY.... DINOSAURS.... I got distracted and used peck by accident lol Mixtape used ember and Aron got burned.
ARON GOT BURNED BY MY MIXTAPE, this name was totally worth it! And I won.
I'm "some kind of strong!" according to him lolwut
I made it to Fallarbor Town, what a great soundtrack! Aaaand of course I would run into May again, who else. (Man, I need to get more friends here)
Well very nice of you again May, just leave me here with the lady. Really nice of you, I appreciate the Awkward silence that happened because of you great job May I absolutely love it!

Okay back to business! *Saves game so I don't have to deal with the Awkward silence again if I accidentally reset the game*

There's nothing else that I can do here right now unless I want to join a Pokémon contest lol, I'll keep that in mind as plan B. Time to go to Route 114!
"Lanette's House" Wait, is Lanette the person behind the storage system? Will I ever get to meet Lanette in one of the games? Aww how nice, I saw someone in front of Lanette's house and he gave me a Nanab berry! I'll vote for you in a contest if I could lol (Is this a possible feature yet in Pokémon? Someone suggest to Game Freak or Nintendo that there should be an option to become a judge in a contest, maybe even online contests, that would be super cool! )
Okay I'm going to eat pizza now, bye!

Last edited:
2 more evolutions! Shieldon evolved into Bastiodon and my Shiny Dratini became an awesome Shiny Dragonair!

Down goes another gym leader. This time Flannery. The MVP of this battle is surprisingly....Bastiodon! I was surprised that my Bastiodon was able to last despite the type disadvantage, but he was able to survive, sweeping Flannery's team and barely beating Flannery's Camerupt with Ancient Power. Bastiodon sweeped the team, so he gets the recognition. Since i usually have trouble with Norman's pokemon team without a fighting type i'll be interested to see which of my Pokemon shine.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I did a lot of stuff today. I received a Phanpy egg and hatched it. I traded a Glameow for a Dusknoir, to complete my 'dex and released it because it was hacked (at least I got its Pokédex data). And the most special event, getting a Shiny Clamperl on Wonder Trade. Then I finally saved.

Next mission: Obtain Pinsir.

nightsmith97

To Hoenn!
I caught a Skarmory and trained it up to where my other team members were, and continued on to Fallarbor Town. After battling all the trainers on Route 114 and confronting Team Magma at Meteor Falls, my quickly growing team and I pressed on to Lavaridge Town. Flannery was easy for my Marshtomp to defeat, and now we are going back and battling trainers along Route 117. Next, we're going to the desert!

lumiina

MM Breader
Hatched a shiny eevee 5IVs (all but HP) on my 62nd egg with my current 6IV (ENG and JPN) breeding pair! It did not end up with HA though so I'm still going to keep trying for that competitive, shiny Sylveon. It's a modest nature so I don't know what I'll do with this shiny eevee yet.

I beat Norman today. Surprisingly it was one of the easiest times I had on him, if not the easiest, and with my Pikachu of all Pokemon. My strategy was to hope that Pikachu wouldn't get 1-shot, so i opened with Nasty Plot. Instead of retaliate Slaking used Feint Attack and brought Pikachu down low. Luckily Static took effect and Slaking became paralyzed. I then decided to use Nasty Plot again while Slaking suffered from a case of truancy. Taking a bit of a gamble, I decided to go for a 3rd Nasty Plot to maximize my special attack, which ended up working to perfection, as Slaking couldn't act due to his paralysis. I then proceeded to use Discharge on Slaking, taking it out in one blow. Pikachu would then proceed to destroy Vigoroth and Norman's other Slaking with Discharge. With a 3-0 performance Pikachu swept Norman's team, becoming the MVP, and helped me earn my 5th gym badge.

More to come in the future.