• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I finally arrived in Lilycove City and healed my darlings inside of the Pokemon Center. I visited some places and spotted May when I approached the Department Store and we fought. I slayed Swellow with Graveler, her Magcargo with Hariyama, her Breloom with Blaziken, and her Swampert with Tropius. Afterwards, I did some shopping and visited the Contest Spectacular Hall and the Lilycove Museum, then I spotted some Team Aqua grunts by the coast and I Surfed to Route 124, but several Wailmer there were blocking the sea. Afterwards, I sprinted over to Route 122 and Surfed south from the pier and I made it to Mt. Pyre. I arrived at the interior of the graveyard next and saved my game after defeating trainers.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Didn't do much yesterday except water my remaining berry plants some more. Today, my berries were ready to be picked so I did that. I didn't feel like growing any more right now, so I just went around Hoenn and obtained berries from the people who give them out daily.

After that, I headed back to the Battle Maison to earn some more BP. I continued the Super Doubles streak I started a week ago with a team of Kangaskhan, Togekiss, Gengar, and Garchomp. I had a very easy time defeating my opponents and stopped for the day once my streak reached 25 wins.
Currently, I have over 5200 BP saved up. I'll probably never use it all, but I like collecting. :p

Flamer

Finished training Galvantula in Sp. Atk. Then soared over to Lilycove and changed my team around a little, bringing in Ludicolo, Breloom and Stunfisk in place of Emolga, Magneton, (who have both finished their training) and Latias. Then headed over to the Safari Zone to catch a Pikachu for my Pikachu Cup team. Chained around 40 Pikachu looking for a Lightning Rod Wish one, but ended up settling for a Static Wish one. Leaves me a little exposed to Soak Lanturn but to be honest I was getting very bored. Used the encounters to train Stunfisk in Spd for a bit. She's around half way there now.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Tack another mark onto the 3DS, because the count just increased. Level 100 Pokémon number 297 has been completed!

382-p.png

#297: Poseidon, the Primal Kyogre
Nature: Hasty (+ Speed, - Defense)
Ability: Drizzle / Primordial Sea
Item: Blue Orb
Move Set:
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

So, the Kyogre is set up with a Special Sweeper build, using a more powerful variant on the "Bolt Beam" build, with a water-type move in the mix as well. Calm Mind can boost up both Special Attack and Special Defense, but I wish I could have something more along the lines of Nasty Plot. But, as far as I know, there's no legit way to get a Nasty Plot Kyogre. His ability gives Thunder 100% accuracy, which considering it has 110 Power and coming off his 150 (180) Special Attack, is just devastating. And it doesn't even have STAB. Ice Beam, is a natural compliment to Thunder, since it strikes many types that Electric can't. Plus, Ice Beam is a solid move in it's own right, so it's always a welcome choice on my builds. Which brings us to his primary cannon: Origin Pulse. My god, this move is just ridiculously powerful. First off, it gets STAB, which is an automatic boost of 50%. His ability gives Water-type moves a further 50% boost on top of that. Now, considering it has a base power of 110, that translates into a single move with a power of 247.5 without set-up. And this is coming off a monstrous 180 base Special Attack. The only saving grace anybody has is that it has a 15% chance to miss, which is about the only way something is going to stay alive if I use Calm Mind.

If Celebi was easy, then Poseidon was a joke. Poseidon's primary offensive stat is a base 150 to start, which only jumps to base 180 when the Blue Orb activates and he reverts to Primal form. And coming off his "not-too-shabby" 90 Speed, he's an overwhelming force in destroying whatever is in his way.

Next up is the fourth Pokémon on this team: an Altered Forme Giratina with a tank build.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well, today, since I have finished the National Dex, I spent an hour exploring underwater, finding all the elemental plates. It is kinda boring when there is nothing to do.. But I figured that I would try out in the battle Maison. since I am not very good at these kinda stuffs, I checked if I had any Pokemon to use. Of course, I use my Aegislash. I also decided to try out a Dragonite. Then a Mega Kangaskhan, for singles. But first, I saw that my Kangaskhan hadn't been EV trained. No wonder it died out so fast all the time!

Then I EV-trained its speed and attack, and took on the maison. Suprisingly easy! And now I have my second statue after reaching 50 consecutive battles.

Lorde

I caught a wild Duskull as I roamed Mt. Pyre, then I climbed to the summit and fought Team Aqua grunts. I then saw Archie and he took the Blue Orb and I battled Matt. After defeating Matt, I was given the Red Orb and I left Mt. Pyre. I explored Route 123 and snatched the Dazzling Gleam TM, then I made it to Slateport City. I visited the harbor and saw Capt. Stern, then Archie took the submarine. Afterwards, I flew back to Lilycove City and visited the Team Aqua Hideout. I teleported via warp panels and I thrashed Aqua grunts as I searched for Archie. I slayed Matt again next, but Archie and the other Team Aqua members left on the submarine anyway. I Surfed to Route 124, battled trainers, and I arrived in Mossdeep City.

Shadow Aura

I just caught all the regi's - Regirock, Regice, Registeel and even Regigigas. This is the first time I've ever had any of them in any game, so it was quite exciting! Also, the battle music was awesome!
Now Jirachi is the only Pokémon I need in order to finish the Hoenn Pokédex. I have a bad feeling that I will be stuck at this point for a very long time..

Edit: Scratch that! JonT from these forums helped me out!

Last edited:

Synnett

Stuff
I found a random shiny Zigzagoon on route 116. She's serious and somewhat of a cloon... I caught a bipolar ziggy! ^_^

And today, while walking in a pretty busy area, I got the Eon ticket! So it finaly reached Canada. I tought I'd never get it lol.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I spent most of my time at the Battle Maison. I continued my Super Doubles challenge and won quite a few battles with my Kangaskhan/Togekiss/Gengar/Garchomp team again. There were definitely some tough battles that I came close to losing (sometimes due to bad luck, sometimes due to me being stupid), but I always managed to pull through in the end. Eventually, I defeated Chatelaine Evelyn again and reached 50 straight wins.

After that, I stopped battling for now and walked over to the Day Care. I want to raise a Blastoise, so I left my Ditto and a Squirtle I had leftover from breeding my X team in the Day Care and then saved. I’ll start collecting and hatching eggs next.
Once I finish breeding Squirtle, I'll probably breed some Pokemon for my sister's games.

Last edited:

Lorde

So once I had showed up at Mossdeep City, I ran around and snatched a Super Rod and then I visited the Mossdeep City Gym to win my next Gym badge. I floated around while thrashing some Gym trainers, then I Surfed towards Shoal Cave to train. After a while I headed back into the Mossdeep Gym and challenged Gym Leaders Liza and Tate. I defeated Liza and Tate's Solrock and Lunatone with Golduck and Tropius and I got the Mind Badge and Calm Mind TM. Afterwards, I headed out of the Mossdeep Gym and once outside, I saw a beam of light erupt from the sea south of the island. Mossdeep City's citizens panicked and then Steven took me inside his home and gave me the Dive HM and Devon Scuba Gear.

Flamer

Finished Stunfisk's Spd training using my Secret Pals then headed in to Mauville, (my base is right outside), to pick up my Wish Pikachu from the box. Brought back Latias as well to give me a bit of power when leveling up at Blissey bases.

Then returned to my Secret Base and started training Pikachu in Spd. Battled the Blissey trainer in my base for a bit of Exp and Hp EVs.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Currently collecting flags for my secret base so I can reach a thousand. Using sweet scent to attract hordes in hopes of finding a shiny pokemon. Used the dexnav to try and chain Lotad but with no success. Hoping to do more today.

Lorde

I left Mossdeep City and quickly re-visited Shoal Cave during low tide. I caught a wild Snorunt and found the Glalitite at the ice section, then I headed back outside and Surfed south through Route 127. I fought several trainers on the sea there and on the islands as well and I fished and caught a wild Wailmer. Next I used Dive to go underwater and I picked up a few of those Plate items and then thrashed a Scuba Diver and two Free Divers in the depths. I soon arrived at Route 128 and fought a Triathlete, then I used Dive again and emerged at Seafloor Cavern. Once in the cave, I defeated some Aqua grunts and pushed boulders as well. I Surfed across currents and found the Earthquake TM soon and then saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I started hatching Squirtle eggs. I had a pretty easy time and only had to hatch ten eggs before getting the perfect Squirtle. I stored my Squirtle in the PC and will get around to training it soon.

Today, I worked on breeding some Pokemon for my sister. She wants to use a Furret on one of her new games, so I started breeding for a Sentret. I hatched sever Sentret until getting one with several 31 IVs, then put it in the Day Care. I got some more eggs, saved, hatched them, then checked their IVs. One of the Sentret was exactly what my sister wanted, so I soft reset and stored that egg in my PC to trade to her later.

After that, I also had to breed for a Poliwag. I quickly obtained a good Poliwag egg and stored it in the PC with the Sentret egg. I’ll trade both eggs to my sister whenever she needs them…someday.

Flamer

Put the finishing touches on my Pikachu Cup team. Ran out of time to get a Mareep across from SS and train it up, (didn't have a Ampharosite either), so decided to replace Ampharos with Manetric, since I already had a reasonably competitive one. With all of the team members in place I soared to Lilycove to purchase TMs for Protect and Light Screen. Then took the ferry to the Battle Resport and spent most of my saved BP on move tutor moves there. Unfortunately didn't have enough left over to buy a Air Balloon or Choice Scarf, so had to make do with the items I had already. Then soared over to Secret Meadow and Islet to finish leveling up Pikachu, Stunfisk and Galvantula. Soared over to Dewford next to get the Sludge Bomb TM for Stunfisk. Galvantula still needed to level up a bit more to learn Sticky Web, but by then it was passed midnight so I soared back over to my Secret Base and battled a Blissey trainer there. Was still 1 level short, so just used a Rare Candy.

With the team complete I registered my battle box. Hadn't been planning on doing any battles, (it was quite late by this point), but decided to sneak one in to give my team a test run.

The opponent had two levitaters in Rotom-H and Elektross, and was pretty sure he had a Air Balloon somewhere, so decided to lead with Magneton and Emolga to set up Stunfisk, with Pikachu taking the 4th spot. As predicted he used Elektross and Rotom-M, plus Pikachu holding a Air Balloon and Stunfisk. Magneton and Emolga got their Gravity and Tailwind off respectively, and the battle was going reasonably well until I arrived at the situation where I could choose to take out either his Stunfisk or Elektross. Went for the Elektross, since Gravity was due to run out next turn and it was holding Leftovers, but he used Protect and then took out my Stunfisk and Pikachu with a single Earthquake from his Stunfisk, (they had both already been weakened). From that there was no way back. Emolga had already been sacrificed when Gravity was set up. Magneton very nearly took down his Stunfisk but it survived by what can't have been more than a couple of Hp, and that was that. Good fun though. Looking forward to more battles this evening :)

Aquarelle

Staff member
Played for quite a while today, training my Squirtle. First, I EV trained it pretty quickly and gave it a nickname. Then, I spent some time on Pokemon Amie petting it and feeding it PokePuffs. Once it had several Affection hearts, I began working on levelling it up.

First, I trained Squirtle in the Secret Bases I got several days ago. I battled all the base owners and Squirtle was a fully evolved Blastoise by the time I was done. Blastoise was level 50 something at this point. I then trained in a few of my Blissey bases and against the Elite Four until it was about level 78.

Next, I swapped Blastoise’s Lucky Egg for the Blastoisinite and defeated a bunch of regular trainers with Mega Blastoise. That was fun, but didn’t give that much experience. Once Blastoise was level 80, I returned to my Blissey Secret Bases and trained until it reached level 100.

Lorde

I arrived at the deepest cave and I saw Archie and Maxie. I then fought Archie and I beat his Mightyena with Slaking's Hammer Arm, then I slayed his Muk with Tropius's Earthquake. I then thrashed Archie's Crobat with Graveler's Stone Edge and Archie's Mega Sharpedo with Tropius's Energy Ball. After beating Archie, Shelly appeared and she and Maxie left and Archie awakened Kyogre. Afterwards, Kyogre escaped to the surface and it started raining up there and next Kyogre headed to Sootopolis City. Next Shelly, Maxie, Archie, and I went to the surface and they all went to Sootopolis City. Steven arrived afterwards and we gossiped, then Steven flew off after speaking with me and then I Surfed along Route 127.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I got the shiny event Rayquaza (it's really late and did a couple of soft resets) at first. Then I traded a Deerling on the GTS for Finneon and then got a Heracross in return. Then at Area 3 of the Safari Zone, caught a Rhyhorn. Then saved the game there.

Lorde

I finally arrived in Sootopolis City and healed my darlings at the Sootopolis PC, then I entered the Cave of Origin and soon I fought Primal Kyogre. I chucked a few Ultra Balls and caught it eventually, then I left the cave afterwards and saw a beam of light shoot up towards the sky and the rainfall stopped. I spoke to Archie and Steven and got the Eon Flute item and I healed my team once more. Next I Surfed to the Sootopolis City Gym and went inside. I stepped on the ice puzzle and fell to the bottom afterwards and I battled against several of the Gym's trainers and their Water Pokemon. Upon thrashing them all and solving the Gym puzzle, I arrived at Gym Leader Wallace's spot and saved my game before fighting him.