• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

I bred a Bagon yesterday that I thought had his HA, but he didn't. I can't believe it's been so long since I've trained a Bagon that I forgot what its HA and its regular ability were, but that's what happened. :\ Anyway, I decided to work with him anyway, since I'm going to ME him and Intimidate is better for that purpose. It took me a while to get one with DD and decent IVs, but once I did, I started to train him. I got him to evolve into Shelgon yesterday and Salamence today, where I took him into the grass on Rte. 114 to OHKO a wild Nuzleaf with Aerilate Return.

I also got my Doublade to Lv.59 and taught her Iron Head and Sacred Sword, thus completing her moveset. The Eviolite I traded for a few weeks ago now belongs to her, because I don't intend to evolve her into Aegislash.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So as I explored more of Mossdeep City, I snatched the Super Rod and got a King's Rock by Steven's home and next I pranced to the Mossdeep Gym. Once inside, I simply floated around and emasculated several Gym trainers and afterward I headed to Shoal Cave to train. Then I went back into the Mossdeep City Gym and fought Gym Leaders Liza and Tate. I defeated Liza's and Tate's Solrock and Lunatone via Zoroark and Swampert and now I won the Mind Badge and Calm Mind TM. Upon winning, I headed out of the Mossdeep Gym and spotted a strange beam of light erupt from the distant sea. Mossdeep City's citizens watched it too and then Steven took me to his home and gave me the Dive HM and Scuba Gear.

Kalosian

So long
Had the busiest weekend ever and got absolutely nothing done apart from checking my daily Mirage Spots (and even so, none of them were new). But today, I could finally continue with the Pokedex. Out of the five regions I have left, I am going to do them in order so Kanto is first out. I started on it and added the following Pokemon to the Pokedex today: Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmeleon, Charizard, Wartortle, Blastoise, Metapod, Butterfree, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Fearow, Primeape and Arbok. Not a whole lot but it could have been worse. Using a Blissey Base combined with Lucky Eggs, Level 2 Exp. O-Power and the fact that they originated on another game caused the starters to grow from level 1 to 51 in just one battle. They gained over 131 000 Exp. after all the Blissey fainted. Just the level-up from that battle took more than half an hour. Blissey Bases are truly epic, but they can also give too much experience, now I know that for the future at least and will take it into consideration.

In addition to that, my Mirage Spot of today was a Mirage Forest, and on it, I found a Razor Claw. So that's great as it was the last Mirage Spot item I really wanted. Now I just need to visit the relatively few Mirage Spots I have left to find before I can consider myself done with them for the time being. Tomorrow, I will continue on the Pokedex.

Last edited:

Lorde

After Steven gave me an engagement ring - er, I mean the Dive HM in Mossdeep City, I shopped at the Poke Mart and then I Surfed back to Route 125 and made a Secret Base on an isle and visited Shoal Cave again. I snatched some Shoal Shells and caught a wild Spheal and Sealeo during high tide and next I Surfed south toward Route 127 as I made my way to the Seafloor Cavern to stop Team Magma's plans. I battled some random trainers on the sandy isles there and Ace Trainers in the ocean above the trenches, then I used Dive to go underwater. I picked up a few scattered items and slayed a Scuba Diver and Free Diver. I headed south next through a trench and resurfaced at the Seafloor Cavern and saw a sub.

Paramedic

The past days I mostly (EV) trained my Team. I managed to catch a Foretress which I will be using temporary (want to test it in battle). I also finally evolved Larvesta into a Volcarona. So my team currently exists out of Carracosta, Bouffalant, Magmar, Volcarona and Foretress (temporary). Trying to find a Helioptile or a Heliolisk now, should anyone be able to help (since I have OR)? I'm also trying to find most TM's now and buy them. Yesterday I also went for a little Pokémon hunt after training my team continuously and managed to capture Virizion and went to Sea Mauville again in order to capture Ho-oh, so I did everything there and I am now able to capture Ho-oh, which I will do later today.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Continued on the Pokedex today and got quite a lot done, added the following Pokemon to it: Nidorina, Nidorino, Parasect, Dugtrio, Poliwhirl, Weepinbell, Rapidash, Slowbro, Haunter, Kingler, Marowak and Hitmonchan. Or at least it felt like I got a lot done while in reality it was about the same as yesterday. But it doesn't matter. Getting Hitmonchan surprised me a bit as I had expected the Tyrogue I was training to evolve into Hitmonlee instead, but this is better as I usually find it easier to get Hitmonlee than Hitmonchan. Don't think I'll have a lot of time to play tomorrow but the next thing I am going to do is to catch some Pokemon I need for Pokedex purposes it will be either tomorrow or on Thursday.

Lorde

So at the Seafloor Cavern, I emasculated Team Magma grunts and pushed boulders via Strength to get around. Soon I reached Groudon's cave and saw Maxie and Archie arguing. I battled Maxie and thrashed his Mightyena, Weezing, Crobat, and Mega Camerupt and next Tabitha arrived and then Maxie awoke Groudon. Groudon rampaged toward Sootopolis City though and I resurfaced and spoke with Steven. I Surfed to Sootopolis City in the harsh sunlight, then I used Dive and resurfaced in Sootopolis City. I encountered Steven and Wallace next, then I entered the Cave of Origin and reached the last cavern and put on the Magma Suit and climbed on top of Groudon. At a lava pit, Groudon became Primal Groudon.

Paramedic

As told yesterday I was looking for a Helioptile.. Finally have one. In the mean time I have EV trained it and evolved it into Heliolisk. I also managed to catch some legendaries again: Ho-Oh, Entei, Terrakion and Heatran. When I was EV training Ho-Oh against Electrode(s) in hordes, I managed to find my second Shiny.. A Shiny Electrode! Have two shinies now: Gloom and Electrode. My second purpose in the game currently is to have my team ready for the Scrappy Skirmish, so I went to the Pokémon League a couple of times, so beat it for the second time. This meant I was also eligible to choice another starter from the previous Generations.. The winner was Piplup! As I love Empoleon's design.. Its also another Pokémon I would love to test in battle.

Sidenote: On GTS I was seeking a Tyrantrum to complete my Pokédex.. I received one with a little gift.. PokéRus! Handy for my EV training ;)

Mike_

Just found my third Shiny Whismur today, and my first Shiny Zigzagoon about two days ago.

Flamer

Played a bit of AS for the first time in a while last night. Picked up my Battle Mansion doubles challenge that was on a 6 win streak. Didn't get too far though, losing in my first vaguely challenging battle. Think I'm a little out of practice, and was also way to aggressive with my lead duo in the hopes of clearing through regular doubles quickly to get onto super doubles. This is the second time I've lost using that strategy, so reckon it might be more time efficient to form a more balanced team and tackle this properly.

In the meantime I'm gonna take a break from battling and go back to working on my dex. Left the Battle Resort and took the ferry to Slateport and then cycled up to Mauville via Cycling Road. Tended to a few berries along the way. By then it was kinda late, so didn't do anything in Mauville, but the plan is to get a few Pokemon that need evolving from my PC and then take them to my Blissey base to level them up

Lorde

So I challenged Primal Groudon underground and weakened it and soon I captured it in a Dusk Ball. Afterwards, I left the Cave of Origin and was relieved to see that Groudon's drought had ended. I quickly gossiped with Maxie, Archie, Steven, and May outside next and I snatched the Eon Flute and went to heal my team at the Sootopolis Pokemon Center. I then visited homes around Sootopolis City's crater and received the Brick Break TM, then I visited the Sootopolis City Gym in the middle of the lake and walked on the ice and fell down a lot in order to thrash all of the Gym trainers for experience. After defeating all the trainers, I arrived at Gym Leader Wallace's platform and saved my game before battling against him.

Kalosian

So long
Haven't gotten a lot done for the past few days, but did a few small things at least. To start with, I have found not only one, but two new Mirage Spots. One of them was the last Mirage Island I needed, so that category is now complete. Now I only have two Mirage Spots left to find in total, hoping it won't take too long before I have been to both of them.

Then I also continued on the Pokedex a little. Started by going out to Route 112 where I caught 3 Tyrogue with the DexNav. Then I evolved some Pokemon for the Pokedex and got the following: Hitmonlee, Magmar and Electabuzz. Not a whole lot but it was what I had time for. I don't have that many regular evolutions from Kanto left to obtain, hoping to get all remaining ones soon. Will do more tomorrow.

Lorde

I finally challenged my hunty Wallace. First I thrashed his Luvdisc and Sealeo via my Manectric, then I emasculated Wallace's Seaking and Whiscash with my Roserade. I defeated Wallace's Milotic with Zoroark last and snatched the Rain Badge and Waterfall HM from him and left the Sootopolis City Gym. Now I flew to Littleroot Town and Prof. Birch upgraded my Pokedex and I flew to Mauville City. Once there, I visited the Mauville Hills area of the city after chatting with Wattson and I visited New Mauville on Route 110 and solved the energy issue inside and found an Ampharosite. I then headed off to Ever Grande City and I Surfed through Route 128 and used Waterfall, then I wandered into Ever Grande City's PC.

Kalosian

So long
Continued on my Pokedex today and added the following to it: Jynx, Kabutops, Dragonair, Dragonite, Bayleef, Meganium, Quilava, Typhlosion, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Furret and Noctowl. I am mostly done with Kanto and have moved on to Johto for now. There is only really one regular evolution I am missing from Kanto (as "regular" as it can be, if anything), which is Chansey. And it requires me to find an Oval Stone, which I learned can only be obtained from wild Happiny, which in turn can only be found on certain Mirage Spots... so now I am looking for a Mirage Spot containing Happiny. There are two different Mirage Spots which contain Happiny, I hope to find one of them soon.

Aquarelle

Staff member
A couple of days ago, I downloaded the event Zoroark on my Omega Ruby. I went to a Pokemon Center to pick it up and started soft resetting for a good Nature. I didn't have much success as I kept getting bad Natures. After resetting for quite a while, I had to stop for the day since I had other things to do. Fortunately, I resumed soft resetting last night and managed to get a Zoroark with the right Nature pretty quickly.

Once I had my Zoroark, I started training it. I got it fully EV trained right away and then worked on levelling it up a bit. I rematched several trainers around Hoenn and fought some Secret Base trainers until Zoroark reached level 60. Didn't have time to train it any more than that last night, but I'll hopefully find time to finish training it this weekend.

Lorde

So I finally entered Victory Road and Surfed across a pond and pushed big boulders aside via Strength. I fought wild Pokemon and trainers as I dashed around Victory Road and I caught a wild Loudred, Medicham, and Lairon, then I reached the final cave and I encountered Wally and we fought like gangsters. I defeated his Delcatty with Zoroark's Sucker Punch, then his Roselia and Magneton with Flamethrower. I thrashed Wally's Altaria with Swampert's Ice Beam and finally Wally's Mega Gallade with Swellow's Aerial Ace. I snatched a Dawn Stone from Wally and then I visited the Pokemon League building. I healed at the PC and then I sashayed back outside and used my Eon Flute. I caught a wild Murkrow as I Soared.

Chimecho3000

Got up to Groudon at Cave of Origin, but before entering, I went back to Granite Cave to hunt for an Adamant Synchronize Abra. I eventually got one, and went back to face Groudon. I ended up throwing my Master Ball at it as it destroyed my team and Rest was annoying as well. After checking it's IVs it had:

Groudon - #383 (Adamant)
HP: 31
Att: 29 - 31
Def: 29 - 31
SpA: 9 - 11
SpD: 29 - 31
Speed: 29 - 31

Very happy with that, especially for the first one caught. That's a keeper.

Lorde

I returned to Ever Grande City after training at Victory Road and I dashed to Sidney's chamber and fought him. I slayed Sidney's Mightyena and Sharpedo with Medicham's Focus Blast, then his Shiftry and Cacturne with Zoroark's Flamethrower attack. All that remained was Absol, which my Swampert defeated with Waterfall. I healed my Pokemon and entered Phoebe's chamber and fought her too. I beat Phoebe's first Banette with Zoroark's Night Daze, then I beat her Sableye with Aggron's Earthquake. I used Zoroark against Phoebe's next Banette and Dusclops and beat them with Night Daze, then I thrashed Phoebe's Dusknoir with Manectric's Thunder. I entered Glacia's chamber next and saved before we fought.

DarkerShining

Omega Ruby: Finally got around to exploring the rest of Route 110. Fought all the trainers there, including the rematch against my rival. I got the Dowsing Machine, and made my way to Mauville. Saw Wally talking to his uncle, heading to the gym. I've began exploring the city, and already got a Globe for my future Secret Base. Just talked to Giddy and got two O-Powers from him. I suppose I'll explore the rest of the city, pick up a bike from Rydel's, and then go find Wally.

Kalosian

So long
As I had completed preparing all the Pokemon I needed to transfer from Black 2 and White 2, I sent them over to this game. That alone was enough to bump up the number of entries in my Pokedex from 452 to 492. Which means I sent over exactly 40 Pokemon, that's cool. Afterwards, I continued on the Pokedex and added the following Pokemon to it: Ledian, Togetic, Flaaffy, Ampharos, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Quagsire, Granbull, Ursaring, Piloswine, Mamoswine, Houndoom, Hitmontop and Pupitar. Hitmontop was rather tricky to get (as usual), I should have known that by now but I still somehow didn't. At least I got it in the end. Mamoswine isn't a Johto Pokemon but I decided to get it now anyway since I was training Piloswine and decided I might as well train it until the very end.

I am now almost done with the Johto part of the Dex when it comes to Pokemon that evolve through regular level-up. This feels weird as I pretty much just got started on it. But since Johto doesn't have a lot of Pokemon and a large chunk of them are related to Pokemon from other regions, it isn't that strange. I also had quite many of them before I started. Going to continue tomorrow with what I have left from Johto and do some other things.