• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Flamer

Worked some more on my Hoenn dex. Traveled down from Laveridge Town to Mauville and picked some Pokemon to level up before heading to my Secret Base for some training. Managed to evolve:

Shelgon -> Salamence
Koffing -> Wheezing
Numel -> Camerupt
Slackoth -> Vigoroth

Also put my Sableye up on the GTS and traded it for a Mawile.

Next up is another round of leveling, then I need to start hunting for evolution stones and items

Kalosian

So long
Got busy and had less time to play again but got a little bit further on the breeding at least. I started on the next member of my team, which was Gible. In the Day-Care, I left two Gible I had sent over from Bank. Within the first ten eggs, I hatched my target, an Adamant Physically Flawless Gible with Rough Skin. It also had some bonus Egg Moves but it doesn't matter as I won't use them. With it complete, I only have one Pokemon left to breed for this team and it should be easy to get. Though I won't be able to start on it until Thursday at the earliest.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Today in Alpha Sapphire:

- Since I had finally defeated Wally, I was able to leave Victory road finally and I ran through the last path and entered Ever Grande's league headquarters and healed my pokemon.
- I purchased Full Restores and stuff that I'd need when facing the Hoenn E4 and I stepped into Sidney's room now and fought him. My Medicham and Breloom defeated his dark types. :D
- Once Sidney had lost, I walked into Phoebe's room next and faced her ghost type team, which was more difficult. I struggled for a while, but eventually I defeated her using Swampert.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In Omega Ruby, I finally received the Cranidos on the GTS. After that, I deposited one of my undesirable Synchronizer Ralts for a Burmy. After that, I worked on grinding Cranidos and it evolved into Rampardos in Victory Road. After that, I saved there.

Kalosian

So long
Continued on the breeding today and completed my final target, which was Beldum. I left a Metagross in the Day-Care with my Ditto and hatched a better parent quickly. Using it, I hatched my target Beldum on my overall 6th egg. I appreciate how fast this and Gible went, it feels nice to get the Pokemon I want really fast after the pain it was to get Eevee. My target was an Adamant Physically Flawless Beldum. It has its regular Ability which is Clear Body. It was very easy to get compared to the previous four as it didn't require any specific gender, a matching Poke Ball or a special (Hidden) Ability. With it done, I now have all the members of my future team.

I connected to Pokemon Bank and stored all of the breeding leftovers there. I have now filled over 50 boxes on Bank on this console, will I run out of space here in the future? I hope not. Haven't planned to do that much more breeding here in Omega Ruby at least, but as for future games... we'll see. I also got a bit more Poke Miles through thanks to that and I now have 10 000 in total on this game, which is really great. I should get a medal for that in the future. Went back to the game now and gave nicknames to the team members. Now that I have them, I need to get them fit for battle as well. First out is EV-training. And that will start tomorrow.

Blazing Charmander

So today I finally rematched the Elite 4 after Drake proved too much for my team last time. In contrast to then, I actually struggled more against Sidney and Phoebe in the earlier battles than I did against Drake and later Steven. Walrein proved the difference against Drake due to its increased bulk and the vicious dragon-slaying Hail+Blizzard combo. I could even afford to showboat a little by trying out a little gimmick in equipping Kirlia with Eviolite, which actually paid off as I crippled Salamence with a Traced Intimidate and even further with Will-O-Wisp before inundating it with Draining Kiss attacks. Kirlia did more damage against Kingdra before I switched him out due to a Yawn, and Sceptile ended things up with a Giga Drain followed by Dual Chop.

The battle against Steven was easier than I imagined, but my Eviolite equipped Magneton being able to tank hits was a huge factor in my victory. I felt the tide was changing at one point when Mega-Sceptile was downed by Mega Metagross's Zen Headbutt and Mightyena's Sucker Punch was pre-empted by a faster Bullet Punch. Walrein had to be a sacrificial lamb sadly in order for me to restore Magneton's HP, but that proved to be the crucial turn of the battle as M-Metagross had used a Giga Impact to defeat Walrein, therefore Magneton had a free turn to Paralyze Steven's star Pokemon before tanking another Giga Impact and using a succession of Discharge attacks.

After claiming my new title of Pokemon League Champion, May and I traveled home on our bikes, and after reliving past glories on my journey, we stopped by at Route 103 and held a battle under the moonlight for old times' sake. Once again my buffed up Magneton slayed a Mega, the victim this time being Mega Blaziken. Following the battle we finally headed home to Littleroot Town, and my journey's epilogue made way to a prologue for the Delta Episode as I was introduced to a new character - Zinnia.

Hall of Famers:
Sceptile
Mightyena
Kirlia
Crobat
Magneton
Walrein

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Collected items from wild pokemon that I haven't got such as Snowball. Did the lottery but got nothing from it. Dexnav chain Trapinch but no luck for shiny. Got berries and items from secret base trainers.

Kalosian

So long
Did the EV-training for my team today. Started by EV-training Fletchling and Litwick, Fletchling evolved into Fletchinder along the way. Before I continued with Eevee, I played a little with it in Pokemon-Amie until it gained two hearts of Affection. Then I continued by EV-training Eevee, Gible and Beldum. Eevee evolved into Sylveon during the EV-training, just as planned.

Once I was done with the EV-training, I realized that I needed a Dusk Stone for my Litwick to be able to evolve in the future. Went to my Secret Base but did not get one from any of my pals there. Instead, I did a bit of Secret Super Training and managed to get one rather quickly, which was great. Now that the team is EV-trained, I just need to get them all to level 50 or above and complete their movesets as well. Going to get started on that tomorrow.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Today in Alpha Sapphire:

- I left Phoebe's area and walked across a bridge to Glacia's domain and I battled her. Medicham's fighting moves and Ninetales' fire moves helped me melt her ice types quickly. ^^;
- Once I was inside of Drake's room, I fought him too. His dragon types minus Kingdra were simple to defeat using Walrein, but I had a much tougher time dealing with that leafy seadragon.
- I visited Steven's room when Drake had lost and I fought him. Steven's team was a piece of cake to defeat and then Birch came with my rival and the game's ending credits played.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In Omega Ruby, I received a Burmy on the GTS and deposited one of my undesirable Synchronizer Ralts for a female Burmy. Later, I received Hoopa from the delivery girl after a long time, in a Pokémon Center and thanks to it, I obtained the Prison Bottle and changed Hoopa to its Unbound form. I deposited it in the PC and it reverted to its Confined form and I grind Burmy in Victory Road. It eventually evolved into Mothim and I saved in Victory Road.

Kalosian

So long
Did a lot of things today. I started by training Beldum and Gible until they evolved into Metang and Gabite. Then I taught the five team members all the TM and Move Tutor Moves they had to learn which they could learn at this point. Like with my past teams, I didn't want to spend any lengthy amounts of time training them, so I did the rest of their training against Blissey Bases and strong trainers. This got all of them to level 50 or above very quickly. They were all now fully evolved and I taught them any remaining moves they had to learn. With all of them fully evolved and their movesets complete, I returned to the Battle Resort and entered the Battle Maison once more.

Added the Greninja I used on my Super Doubles Team to this team and gave all of the team members their held items. Then I entered the Super Triple line with the team. I won the first 49 battles which allowed me to have a rematch with Dana. I battled her and won, it was not a perfect battle (as usual) but it was a lot of fun. And she felt the same way! Battle Video: 6EHG-WWWW-WW3F-PMYC. For beating her, I obtained my third Monument here in the Maison. Only two left to go now.

Looking back at all I did today, I feel like I rushed things a bit. I got my team EV-trained yesterday, and now I have already beaten Dana. Going to take it easier from here on, I don't have any reason to continue rushing things either. I will continue on the Super Triples and see how far I can go, but I will take it slowly. Will also continue planning my team for the Super Rotation line. I have gotten started on it and will continue with planning it until it is done.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Returned to the Battle Resort yesterday in order to breed for my next Pokemon. I decided that I wanted to raise a Metagross, so I got the Metagross I already had out of the PC with my Ditto with the Nature I wanted and put them in the Day Care. I picked up an egg soon after and hatched it, getting a Beldum with the right Nature. Then, I put that Beldum in the Day Care with my flawless Ditto and started breeding for IVs. My first batch of eggs produced a Beldum with four of the five 31 IVs I wanted, so I then swapped out the Beldum I had in the Day Care with it. I hatched another batch of eggs after that and got a Beldum with flawless IVs across the board. Next time, I'll start training that Beldum.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Today:

- Once the game's ending credits ended, I fought against my rival and I won easily of course since I was now Hoenn's champion. We walked home and now Delta Episode began. :3
- I saw a cut scene showing Zinnia at the Sky pillar, then I woke up in my bedroom and saw my dad downstairs and got tickets to see the Litleonid meteor shower and headed outside.
- I bumped into Zinnia in my front yard and visited my rival's home and discovered that someone had stolen their key stone. I went to Oldale town next and exchanged pokemon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In Omega Ruby, I received the female Burmy off the GTS. She was originally a Plant Cloak but changed to all her forms. I mostly levelled her up in Victory Road, so she was mostly Sandy Cloak, but she evolved at Route 119, so she evolved as her original form Plant Cloak, so I got a Plant Cloak Wormadam. Before she evolved, I deposited my spare Minun onto the GTS for a Pachirisu. When I was done, I saved in the Ever Grande Pokémon Center.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Started training my Beldum yesterday. First, I spent some time giving it the Pokerus and then EV training it. After that was done, I flew to Slateport City, where I got Beldum an Effort Ribbon and then nicknamed it at the Name Rater's house. Next, I started working on levelling Beldum up by returning to my Secret Base. After getting some more stones from my pals, I battled them all and got Beldum to evolve into Metang.

A little while later, I flew to the Battle Resort for some more training. I battled Wally again at the Battle Maison and then went back outside to fight some of the other trainers scattered around the island. Then, I went to one of the other Secret Bases I had in my game and fought the owner, which allowed Metang to evolve into Metagross. I then made sure that Metagross knew all the moves I wanted it to have and then saved. Will continue training later.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Still on Alpha Sapphire:

- I left Oldale town and went to Petalburg city and paid a visit to Wally's home. When I got there however, I saw Matt from Team aqua trying to steal Wally's key stone and I beat him.
- When Wally was saved by me, I was asked by Steven to visit his dad's company which I did next. I spoke with Mr Stone in his office and he mention Hoenn's impending asteroid crisis.
- With instructions from Steven, I set off to Dewford town. I visited the wall painting part of Granite cave and I fought Zinnia's dragon types inside and received the Meteorite shard. ^^

Aquarelle

Staff member
Continued training my Metagross yesterday. I visited some Secret Bases and battles some trainers in them until Metagross was level 50-something. Then, I spent some time on Pokemon Amie to boost its Affection since I forgot to do that earlier. Once that was done, I did some more Secret Base training until Metagross was above level 70. At that point, I returned to the Pokemon League for a change in scenery and to get more experience. I took down the Elite Four once again and used Mega Metagross to sweep Glacia's entire team and to defeated a few of Steven's Pokemon. After that, I finished Metagross's training by battling in my Blissey bases until it was level 100.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Today, my Omega Ruby playthrough was all about National Pokédex completion. I went into the GTS and received a Pachirisu. Interestingly it was nicknamed 'Pacman'. After receiving such interesting Pachirisu, I caught a wild Luvdisc and deposited it into the GTS for Buizel. Unfortunately that Luvdisc wasn't holding a Heart Scale but nothing much else, so I saved.

Blazing Charmander

Over the weekend I picked up from my initial meeting with Zinnia in Littleroot Town on Alpha Sapphire, firstly assisting Professor Birch with the Shroomish that was comically chasing him. I chose Cyndaquil as my Johto starter from Birch and added him to my team as I traveled through Hoenn's early routes for the first part of the Delta Episode's narrative.

I wasted little time in going through the post-game story but along the way I exposed Kirlia to a Dawn Stone so he could finally evolve into Gallade. At the Move Relearner's house in Fallarbor Town I allowed Gallade to learn Psycho Cut and Close Combat. After the Delta Episode was over, I once again left my house in Littleroot Town and helped to settle another 'dispute' - this time between a Machoke Mover and, you guessed it, PROFESSOR BIRCH. He gifted me with the Unova starter that I chose: Tepig, and afterwards I sought to solve the mystery of the Legendary Golems.

I caught all three Regis with a fair level of ease after evolving my Wailmer and opening the entrances to the ruins. Sadly it was nighttime by the time I completed this sidequest, therefore I couldn't carry on to capture Regigigas straight away. In preparation I have nicknamed my Regice "Honnis" (Sinnoh spelled backwards... well at least it's better than "Gigas Sucks!", which is what I called my Regice on Omega Ruby).

SETH'123

Grandta
Softreseting for an impish Mew. Got everyother nature about a million times but impish, the struggle is real.