• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
In Alpha Sapphire version I:

- Kept climbing the Sky pillar until I reached the top and saw Zinnia and Aster watching the sky, then Zinnia attempted to summon Rayquaza and she succeeded although it didn't listen.
- After Rayquaza had mega evolved, I battled against it and caught it using a Timer ball after a long battle and Zinnia taught it Dragon Ascent next and I had to battle her again next.
- I mostly using mega Rayquaza against Zinnia's dragon types and next I put on a suit and went to space with Rayquaza to destroy the incoming asteroid, which I successfully did.

Flamer

Moved on to my second round of training. This time I evolved:
Psyduck -> Golduck
Snorunt -> Glalie
Sealeo -> Walrien

Also picked up Golbat from the PC and started to work on her happiness. Took her to the massage therapist and feed her a load of EV reducing berries, which helped a lot.

Then headed over to the daycare center and started breeding for some first stage Pokemon I didn't yet have. From the following parents, all paired with a Ditto, I hatched
Wigglytuff -> Igglybuff
Pikachu -> Pichu
Xatu -> Natu
Donphan -> Phanphy

That completed all the easy breeding. Still need Budew and Chingling, but have to get hold of the relevant incenses first.

All that hatching helped Golbat reach full happiness, so promptly evolved her into Crobat

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Continued looking for the Slowpoke I am after, though I didn't have much time to play. Didn't find it, but raised the search level for Slowpoke on my DexNav so that's at least something.

Alpha Sapphire: Started by exploring the remaining places in Slateport. Went to the Contest Hall first, but found nothing of interest there. Continued to the Shipyard to look for Stern but he wasn't there. I was told that he might be at the Museum instead, so I went there to see. The Aqua Grunts blocking the way to the entrance were now gone, so I entered. Inside, I saw the Aqua Grunts, one of them gave me a TM. I looked around at the things for display in the Museum, then I found Stern at the top floor. As I was about to give him the Devon Parts, he was attacked by two Aqua Grunts and I had to battle them. During these battles, my Ralts evolved into Kirlia, which is great. One step closer to being the one it is meant to be. Archie then appeared and spoke about the visions of Team Aqua for a while. Then he left. I gave the parts to Stern and he left as well.

I left the Museum and was about to go out to Route 110 when something was happening outside of the Contest Hall. Lisia was there, and she chose me to be the next big contest superstar. I got a Contest Pass, a Pokeblock Case and a Contest outfit, then I gave some Pokeblocks to my Combusken and entered a Coolness Contest, which I won. I received the Cosplay Pikachu afterwards and left. Went out to Route 110 and into the grass. Here, I caught some Pokemon. Plusle, Electrike, Voltorb and most importantly, my next team member, an Oddish. Before I continue along Route 110, I am going to train Oddish and do some other small things.

Team:
256.png
- level 20
281.png
- level 20
043.png
- level 13

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Today on Alpha Sapphire:

- After Rayquaza and I had destroyed the asteroid, I had another task to finish: catching Deoxys which had appeared out of the asteroid's debris. I managed to do so with a Timer ball.
- When I had landed back at the top of the Sky pillar I got Zinnia's farewell message and thankfully peace was finally restored in Hoenn. Next I got the ticket for the SS Tidal. :3
- I went for a cruise on the SS Tidal and arrived on the Battle resort's island and saw Maxie's gang and got the Cameruptite from them and then I followed Wally to the Battle maison.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Harvested all my berry plants last night and this afternoon, then planted some more and watered them. This might be my last round of plants for now, though I haven't fully decided yet.

After that, I wanted to start breeding for my next Pokemon so I flew back to the Battle Resort. I decided that I wanted to try out Mega Abomasnow next, so I started breeding for a Snover. Fortunately, I had a very easy time hatching the perfect Snover - I got one with the right IV spread and everything on my seventh egg.

Once I had my Snover, I spent some time passing the Pokerus onto it. Then, I EV trained Snover, mostly via defeating Pokemon in Horde Battles. When that was done, I taught Snover a couple of the moves I want it to have on its final moveset and then saved. Next time, I'll work on training & evolving my Snover.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Continued looking for Slowpoke but I still haven't found the one I am looking for. I did raise the search level quite a bit though. I am seriously considering giving up on this now, the fun there never was in this disappeared very long ago, this is really testing my patience and I'm not liking having to spend an eternity on this when I could do something more productive instead. Might continue for a little longer but we'll have to see.

Alpha Sapphire: Started by trying out some Super Training, completed half of the level 1 Super Training Regimens with my team. Then I played with them until they all had three hearts of affection in Pokemon-Amie. After that, I trained Oddish a bit until it was at level 16. I'm glad that it is easy to grind. When that was done, I started exploring Route 110. Battled the first trainer, then I continued out to Route 103 and explored the second part of it, battled all trainers here, picked up all items and berries.

Continued to the Trick House. Decided to complete the first puzzle/level here for now. While doing so, Oddish evolved into Gloom! Making it one step closer to being the flower it is going to be one day. Going to wait with the rest of the Trick House for now, so I left. Continued along Route 110 instead, battled one more regular trainer. Then I ran into Brendan again. Time for a rematch with him. I beat him, Gloom's Mega Drain handled his Marshtomp with relative ease, and the rest of his team wasn't harder to beat. How does he have a Slugma and a Bike this early though? I need to step up my game.

For beating him, I got a Dowsing Machine. I will probably use this at times to find hidden items but it will be on the same level as in Omega Ruby, I assume. Brendan left and I continued along the Route, battled the remaining trainers, picked up more items and berries as well as caught a Gulpin. Entered Mauville where I saw Wally speaking to a man before hurrying off to the Gym. I entered the center of the city and visited the Mart and Poke Center for now, will continue with exploring the rest of this place next.

Team:
256.png
- level 22
281.png
- level 22
044.png
- level 22

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I worked on raising my Snover. I flew over to the Secret Shore and trained in the Secret Bases I had there until Snover evolved into Abomasnow. After that, I returned to Slateport City to nickname my Abomasnow before flying back to Lilycove right after. I decided to enter Abomasnow in a Contest, so I made some more Pokeblocks, gave them to Abomasnow, then entered the Master Rank Coolness Contest. The Contest wasn't too hard and I had some pretty good luck today, so Abomasnow was able to come in first place by a landslide.

After winning the Contest, I obtained some gifts from fans and then taught Abomasnow a couple more TMs to complete its moveset. Then, I raised Abomasnow's Affection on Pokemon Amie and then returned to my own Secret Base for some more training. I battled all of my Secret Pals and tried out Mega Abomasnow in battle for the first time. In the end, I got Abomasnow to level 50 and will continue training it soon.

Flamer

Went up to route 119 to catch another Gloom to evolve into Vileplume. After catching one I realised I don't have any Leaf Stones left, so that'll have to wait.

Then made my way down from Mauville to Dewford Town, battling a couple of trainers along route 107 that I hadn't faced first time round. Once there I decided to switch my team around a bit, bringing Metagross and Breloom back in for their catching abilities and Linoone for Rock Smash.

Headed up to Granite Cave and once inside went look for some rocks to smash in search of a Nosepass. So far I've only encountered Geodude, but will try again over the weekend.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Despite what I said yesterday, I decided to continue looking for the Slowpoke I was after for a little longer. Did so and eventually, I finally found the one I wanted, a Female Slowpoke with Regenerator. I caught it, then I was done here. This was the fourth Slowpoke with Regenerator I found. The reason I didn't catch the previous ones were that the first one was Male and regarding the two after it, I got so excited that I pushed the circle pad too much, making them both flee. I'm glad I didn't give up on this as I did get my target in the end. It just took a while. It did give me quite a bit of experience for potential future DexNav uses though, and I'm happy about that. Next time, I will surely be bringing a lot of Repels with me.

Left the Mirage Cave as I was done there, went back to the Battle Resort. Did a very small bit of breeding, not for something related my next Maison team but something I had to get for another reason. It was very easy to get, and I decided to quit for the day afterwards. Next up, I need to obtain the final parent for my future team, going to have to trade it over from Y since I did bit of breeding for the Pokemon in question on that game last year.

Alpha Sapphire: Started by exploring the rest of Mauville. Obtained a lot of items from various people, also tried some battles at the Mauville Food Court. Decided to not try the Inverse Battle Shop yet as I recall having a lot of trouble with it in Omega Ruby. When I was done with all I could and wanted to do, I went to the Gym. Met Wally outside and battled him, he then decided to become my Rival. Wally left for Verdanturf together with his uncle while I entered the Gym. Battled the regular trainers, then it was time for Wattson.

I started with Combusken against him and it could easily KO his Magnemite with Double Kick. Continued with Gloom against his Voltorb and could 3HKO it with Mega Drain and Acid. His Magneton then gave me more trouble than I had expected. I started with Combusken against it but did not KO with Double Kick. It then caused damage with Volt Switch while Combusken was hitting itself in confusion due to being hit with Supersonic. I sent out to Kirlia to make a sacrifice while healing Combusken with a Super Potion. After that, I got lucky as Combusken did not hit itself again after being confused by another Supersonic. Flame Charge + Ember was enough for a KO which gave me victory. This battle gave me more trouble than I had expected. For beating Wattson, I got the Dynamo Badge and a TM for Volt Switch. And with the Gym Beaten, I am done with all I had planned to do here in Mauville for now. Going to continue on my adventure tomorrow.

Team:
256.png
- level 23
281.png
- level 23
044.png
- level 23

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
On Alpha Sapphire this afternoon:

- I entered the Battle maison and saw Sidney inside and then I fought some trainers when I took the single battle challenge. After winning lots of BP, I simply went back outside.
- I visited the day care annex and left two pokemon there to breed, then I visited the beach and found Looker who had washed ashore. Some lady took him to her cottage next. ^^
- I battled several trainers as I continued to explore the Battle resort and then I flew to the Safari zone and went on a catching spree inside so that I could fill my dex a little more.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did some more training earlier this afternoon. I returned to the Secret Bases I had in the Secret Shore and defeated some Blissey until my Abomasnow was above level 70. Then, I flew over to the Pokemon League and gained some more experience by fighting the Elite Four again.

After entering the Hall of Fame again, I decided to do some Wonder Trading. I still had quite a few breeding rejects in my boxes that I hadn't released yet, so I figured it would be fun to trade some of them away. I traded a variety of Pokemon, including Bagon, Beldum, and Audino. The Pokemon I got in return weren't very interesting, though. Three of them were Zigzagoon. -_-

When I was done with that, I flew to Mauville City and entered the Pokemon Center. I cleaned out my PC boxes by releasing my remaining breeding rejects and the Pokemon I got through Wonder Trade since I didn't need them. Then, I headed over to the Food Court and battled some trainers to get my Abomasnow to level up some more. After that, I went back to the Secret Shore & Secret Meadow, where I defeated some more Secret Base trainers until Abomasnow reached level 100.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Did a trade with Y to obtain the Pokemon I needed, which was a Dratini. With that done, I had all the Pokemon I needed, so I got started on the breeding. Started slightly on my first target, which is Klefki. Hatched one which I will use as a new parent next up. Will continue with the breeding but going to take it rather slowly as I am mainly focusing on Alpha Sapphire right now.

Alpha Sapphire: Went out to Route 111 and started exploring it, battled the trainers on the first part of the Route. Could not enter the desert part of the route as the sandstorm was too strong for me to handle. At this point, I really wanted Kirlia to evolve as soon as possible. But the game itself didn't give me the opportunity to do that. So I had to take the matter in my own hands. Did a trade with Omega Ruby, traded over some Pokemon I would need soon for specific purposes, one of them holding a Dawn Stone. I used it on Kirlia and it evolved into Gallade! First fully evolved member of the team. I still need to get its moveset adapted to its new stats, but that should happen along the way as I continue training it.

Continued from Route 111 to Route 112, caught Machop and Numel in the grass. Battled the Hikers outside of the mountain but could not go up to Mt. Chimney yet as Team Aqua Grunts were blocking the way. Entered Fiery Path and caught Slugma, Grimer and Torkoal. Arrived at the other part of Route 112, battled the trainer and plucked the berries here. Then I got to the next part of Route 111. Battled the trainers here, picked the berries and met Aarune, who gave me a TM for Secret Power and a Secret Base. I will keep this as my Secret Base for the time being, but will create a new/real/own one later on.

Entered Route 113. Battled all trainers, picked up all items and caught Skarmory, Sandshrew and Spinda. Skarmory was without any doubt my hardest catch on this game so far. I got a Soot Sack at the Glass item shop near the end of the Route and collected enough ash to get a Blue Flute. I want the Red and Yellow Flutes as well, will come back here later and collect ash for them. Entered Fallarbor Town and explored it, also learned about the kidnapping of Professor Cozmo from Brendan and the BuzzNav.

Left Fallarbor and entered Route 114. Avoided battling the trainers here for now as I want to save them until later. Instead, I plucked the berries and went straight into the grass to catch some Pokemon. Caught Lombre, Seviper, and most importantly, the next member of my team, Swablu. Before going any further, I am going to train and prepare Swablu a bit. Started by playing with it in Pokemon-Amie until it reached 4 hearts of affection. Then I did the same for the other members of my team. I then did a small bit of Super Training, completed the three remaining level 1 regimens and did the first one for level 2. After that, I trained Swablu a little against wild Pokemon on Route 114. It wasn't the easiest to train since it is rather weak, but I know it will get stronger eventually. Decided to stop here for today, going to train Swablu a little further before going to Meteor Falls.

Team:
256.png
- level 27
475.png
- level 28
044.png
- level 28
333.png
- level 20

Leafy Sea Dragon

I completed the National Dex in Omega Ruby the other day with a mostly living dex. I obtained a foreign ditto and decided to hunt for specific shinies that I want/may use in the future. It took me 25 eggs to get a Shiny Chespin. Will most likely be my starter in the next game!

So, shortly after, I aimed to get a shiny Torchic based on this card that I had:
108.jpg

Update to now I FINALLLLLLLY GOT ITTTTTTT. It only took about 1269 eggs. ;;

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Continued on the breeding. I first hatched a better parent Klefki and continued the breeding using it. Then I quickly hatched my target, a Bold Klefki with IVs of 31/x/31/x/31/31. It has its regular Ability which is Prankster. As a bonus, I also got one with the same Ability and Nature but it was Specially Flawless. Going to keep it in case I might need it for the future. Overall, this breeding went very quick and I got lucky with my target and the bonus, so this feels great. Now I have the first out of four members of the team, going to continue breeding for the second one next.

Alpha Sapphire: Started by training Swablu a bit more at Route 114. Then I battled the trainers on the route and picked up all items there was to be found there. I entered Meteor Falls and teamed up with Brendan against Team Aqua. We beat them and saved the Professor, but they managed to steal the Meteorite from him. We went back with the Professor to Fallarbor and he thanked us, then I went to Mauville together with Brendan.

Decided to train Swablu a bit further by exploring one area I hadn't been to yet. Route 117. Went out there, battled all trainers, picked up all items, grabbed the berries and caught Volbeat, Roselia and Marill. Then I entered Verdanturf and explored this place. There wasn't a lot to see, but I met Wally's relatives and helped a little girl find her Shroomish, she gave me an Intriguing Stone as a thanks. Didn't have more time to play so I decided to stop here for today. Swablu is catching up very well compared to the rest of the team, it is almost on the same level as them now.

Team:
256.png
- level 29
475.png
- level 29
044.png
- level 29
333.png
- level 27

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I did a few small things on my OR. I started by heading over to Route 113. I want to get the Elegant Desk decoration from the glass workshop place eventually, since it's the only glass item I haven't obtained yet, so I spent some time collecting more volcanic ash. Although I managed to collect quite a lot of ash, I still need over 5000 grams to get the desk. I'll probably come back and collect some more when I have time.

After I was done with that, I used my Eon Flute and went soaring for a little while. I landed on a Mirage Forest, where I walked around for a bit and found a hidden Razor Claw.

Next, I returned to Mauville City and went to the food court again. I ordered from one of the restaurants and defeated some trainers using my Illumise and Mega Ampharos. When that was done, I walked over to the mart and sold some of the valuable items I had in my bag, like Big Nuggets and Pearls, and made a lot of money.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Today on Alpha Sapphire:

- I visited a few more Mirage islands and I accessed Crescent Isle and saw the hovering ring in the air which is where Cresselia was and I weakened her and caught her in a Dusk ball.
- I went to Slateport city again and I rode the SS Tidal ferry and this time I visited all the rooms and defeated every trainer and saw Drake at the ship's deck. I then arrived in Lilycove.
- I competed in a master rank contest in Lilycove city and surprisingly I managed to win and then I took a side trip and visited the Scorched slab in order to catch Heatran inside. :3

Flamer

After smashing many rocks in Granite Cave I finally found and caught a Nosepass.

Then headed up to New Mauville and caught a Magnemite. Took it, along with a Seedot I got from the GTS, to my secret base and evolved them into Magneton and Nuzleaf respectively by leveling up against a Blissey trainer. Already got Shiftry through a Wonder Trade so don't need to worry about evolving Nuzleaf any further.

After that I took both Magneton and Nosepass back to New Mauville and evolved them there.

Having made a good amount of progress with my dex I decided to start working on a team for the upcoming Kanto Classic competition. Found in my PC a Extremespeed Dratini that I got from a Wonder Trade, so decided to begin with that. Took it to back to my Secret Base and worked on its Atk and Spd EVs for a bit.

Kalosian

So long
On Alpha Sapphire, I continued exploring a little. Entered Rusturf Tunnel from this direction and explored it as well as the extra part of Route 116, but there wasn't much to see. Decided to not smash the rocks that were blocking the way... yet. Went back to Route 111 and caught an Illumise on Route 117 along the way. Could go up to Mt. Chimney now and did so. Smacked Team Aqua and Archie at the top, though he proved to be more of a challenge than I had expected. He haxed me in the battle and in the end, my Gallade had to defeat his entire team.

Team Aqua left after I had beaten them. I also left, went down through Jagged Pass. I tried to avoid battling most of the trainers there because my team was heavily worn down, but had to battle one of them due to the path I ended up taking. Also caught a Spoink in the grass. Arrived at Lavaridge. Explored it, received an egg from an old lady. Decided to hatch this egg since I wanted to get it done, so I got started on it. I expected it to take a while and that proved to be correct.

While hatching it, I decided to collect more ash on Route 113 to get the two other flutes I wanted. Did so and gathered enough ash to obtain the Red and Yellow Flutes. Then I had to walk around even more in order to finally hatch the egg. It hatched into a Wynaut. After it had hatched, I did some other things. Went to Mauville and challenged the Inverse trainer which I should have done earlier. But I did it now instead. I beat him with ease. Then I went down to Route 110 and challenged the trainers on the Cycling Road which I hadn't done before either. I also tried to get a good time there but had no motivation so I only tried once. Then I went back to Lavaridge. The Gym is next for me. Swablu has caught up to the team nicely and is at the same level as them now, but it still feels a bit weak, unfortunately. I guess it will stay that way until it evolves. My team is also a little overleveled but I can't do much about that since it will still be a while before I get my next team member.

Team:
256.png
- level 29
475.png
- level 30
044.png
- level 29
333.png
- level 29

Blazing Charmander

After receiving my 20th Anniversary Mew from the delivery woman in the Pokemon Center on Omega Ruby, it occurred to me that adding it to my party would allow me to finally encounter Reshiram due to being at Level 100. I did this and also transferred my recently caught Dialga and Thundurus from Alpha Sapphire to Omega Ruby via Pokemon Bank in order to catch Giratina and Landorus, respectively.

Returning to Alpha Sapphire, I visited New Mauville after Wattson had authorised me to enter, and after numerous wild battles there my Magneton leveled up and evolved into Magnezone through exposure to the magnetic waves pulsating in there. Further to this I realised that I had not yet been to the Scorched Slab, and upon doing so I encountered Flannery who was searching for a very rare Pokemon in there. To no avail, she returned to Lavaridge but fortunately for me I found said Pokemon straight away - the Legendary Heatran of Stark Mountain in the Sinnoh region. For the first ever time in a Legendary battle I was aided by a critical capture to land Heatran. I was delighted!

Flamer

Left my Secret Base after finishing EV training Dratini in Atk and Spd and headed over to Meteor Falls to catch a HA Clefairy.

On my way I stopped over in Rustboro City and revived my Claw Fossil. Switched my team around a little too, bringing in Rhydon for her utility moves and Mewtwo for a bit of power. Once inside Meteor Falls I tried chaining Clefairy using the DexNav, but didn't have much luck and ended up running out of repels. On my way out however I noticed on the DexNav that you can also find Clefairy in the outside area to, which'll be much easier to chain. Returned to Rustboro to buy some more repels, but plan on coming back tomorrow/later today to have another go