• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I downloaded the 20th anniversary Celebi in Omega Ruby this afternoon hee hee. I didn't need it cuz I have a dozen spare Celebis from Gen 4, but it never hurts to have extras I guess.
- I challenged a pokemon contest next and I was able to compete against Lisia, but sadly she defeated me for the second time. Instead I just did some shopping in the dept store. ^^
- I visited my berry garden next at Route 123 and after watering berries, I challenged the E4 for cash and did more breeding and evolved a Feebas into Milotic and a Zweilous into Hydreigon.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I got my Manaphy out of the PC and decided to do a few things with it. First, I gave it some Pokeblocks and taught it a few TMs before entering it into the Master Rank Cleverness Contest. My first two tries at the Contest didn't start off too well due to bad luck and I soft reset, but my third attempt went really well and Manaphy won by a landslide.

After winning that Contest, I made sure that Manaphy got fully EV trained and then finalized a moveset for it. Next, I rematched several trainers around the region in order to try out Manaphy in battle. Once that was done, I returned to Lilycove to try the lottery and saved after winning a MooMoo Milk.

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
I completed the National Pokedex! I am so very happy. This is the first Pokedex completion for me since Black Version. Now I have to work on completing X's Pokedex, but I'll need to pay for Pokemon Bank first.

Kalosian

So long
Continued even further on the Hoenn Dex today. I started by doing more regular evolutions, which added the following to the Dex: Slaking, Gardevoir, Exploud, Gyarados, Graveler, Probopass, Aggron, Machoke, Manectric, Magneton, Magnezone and Dodrio. And that was all regular evolutions left from the first half of the Hoenn Dex. Now I had to do some other things. I checked some things in my boxes and noticed that I had been an idiot and sent over the wrong fossil from Y earlier, I had sent over Anorith when I needed Lileep. So I had to fix that. Quickly bred a Lileep on Omega Ruby and traded over it, so that was it.

Then I got started on the second half of the Hoenn Dex. First out, was catching a few Pokemon I needed, which weren't many. Went to Fiery Path to look for Koffing, managed to find one very quickly which I'm happy about. Caught it. Continued to Ever Grande City where I caught a Luvdisc, then to Route 130 where I fished up and caught a Horsea. I had one more Pokemon to obtain but decided to not catch it since it has very low appearance rates. Instead, I decided to obtain it by alternative means. Went out to Route 121 where I caught 2 Gloom. Used stones to evolve them into Vileplume and Bellossom. Then I went to Pacifidlog and traded the Bellossom for a Corsola with a woman there. This both added Corsola to my Pokedex and completed the last in-game trade I had left in this game, I got two Talonflame with one Rock Slide.

Afterwards, I started very slightly on regular evolutions from the second half of the Hoenn Dex. But I didn't do much, the only thing I did was to evolve Gulpin into Swalot and start on a few others. Will do more tomorrow. I have continued on Mirage Spots today too, but didn't find any new ones. Did a bit more on Secret Bases too, obtained a couple more flags and scanned in a few Blissey Bases which will be useful for future training, going to start using them tomorrow. In addition to that, I also got started on Secret Super Training which I haven't done before on this game. Three members of my team had maxed EVs and I let each of them complete 2 regimens, so I have 6 left to do which I will get around to in the future.

Vroomer

Been running away from Latias for a week... Over 1400 run aways and no shiny. :(

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: I have continued in the Super Rotation line, managed to win 35 more battles, which puts me at 100 won in a row. I'm actually very surprised that the team managed to make it this far. Had honestly not expected it to do so since it has several threats which I have no good way of handling, but somehow I have faced these multiple times and still got out victorious. Not to mention my loss before Morgan earlier, though I guess that was partly because I wasn't very used to the team back then and still had a lot to learn. Still, the team has been doing well (most of the time at least) and I'm quite impressed by it. Going to continue battling with it for a while and see how it goes, though I'm not sure for how long I'll keep on using it seeing as the majority of the battles take forever to complete...

Alpha Sapphire: Continued on the Pokedex and got quite a lot done today. Using Blissey Bases, things went faster than they had done previously. I started with regular evolutions from the second half of the Hoenn Dex and added the following to the Pokedex: Wailord, Magcargo, Muk, Weezing, Grumpig, Sandslash, Vibrava, Flygon, Cacturne, Whiscash, Crawdaunt, Claydol, Cradily, Armaldo, Banette, Dusclops, Golduck, Rhydon, Walrein, Seadra, Shelgon, Salamence, Metang and Metagross. And those were all the regular evolutions left from the Hoenn Dex.

Next up, I did all the breeding I had to do for the Hoenn Dex. Tried out both Day-Cares (I definitely prefer the one at the Battle Resort for efficiency so that's the only one I'll ever use in the future) and added the following to the Dex: Azurill, Budew, Igglybuff, Chingling, Pichu, Natu and Phanpy. Then I did most stone evolutions which added these to the Dex: Ludicolo, Shiftry, Delcatty, Roserade, Starmie, Ninetales, Raichu and Froslass. I am missing Wigglytuff though, would have liked to get it too but I didn't have that many Moon Stones, my budget only allowed me to use one. So I couldn't get that fluffy Fairy-balloon quite yet. Will do so tomorrow though, I'll get the Moon Stone I need one way or another. Either way, I am almost done with the Hoenn Dex now. All I have left is Wigglytuff and the trade evolutions, all of which I will obtain tomorrow.

I also found a new Mirage Spot today, containing one Pokemon I didn't have before, which was Cofagrigus. So that's pretty cool. Then I have continued on Secret Bases a little, and I also noticed that my Altaria had maxed out its EVs today so I let it complete two regimens in Secret Super Training. Got 4 left there to do and I will do them once Milotic and Glalie have maxed their EVs, which should happen relatively soon.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
I wanted to play more ORAS since most of my play time is in X. So i started a breeding project for my Alpha sapphire cartridge. first was going for an adament perfect HA extreme speed dratini in a dream ball. I eventually got a perfect female version so I could easily hatch more with my ditto if i needed to. Decided I really like shiny dratini so went to hatch more for a purple one. Got it in under 100 hatches :D I was so excited my fiancee was right next to me when I hatched it. She knew I was a happy nerd when I got it. The final stats are 31/19-21/31/31/31/31 marvel scale with extreme speed.

147.png

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Took a short break from the Battle Maison and did some other small things instead. These were a few trades with Omega Ruby and collecting some more flags from Secret Bases. Then I went back to the Battle Maison and won 10 more battles at the Super Rotation line. I have decided to keep going either until I reach 200 or lose before that.

Alpha Sapphire: Have done a few things for the past days. First off, the final part of the Hoenn Pokedex. Did a bunch of trades with Omega Ruby which added the following Pokemon to the Pokedex: Alakazam, Golem, Machamp, Rhyperior, Dusknoir, Gorebyss, Huntail and Kingdra. Those were all the trade evolutions in the Hoenn Dex. I also traded over a Moon Stone. Used it to evolve my Jigglypuff into Wigglytuff. That was the last Pokemon I needed from the Hoenn Dex, so it was now complete. 211 Pokemon seen and caught.

For that, I got three rewards. First a Trainer Card upgrade, the second out of three that I am able to get, coloring it Silver. I went to Professor Birch and got an Oval Charm from him, which will be incredibly useful for all future breeding on this game. Finally, I went to the Game Freak director in Lilycove and obtained a Diploma from him. Went to my Secret Base and put it up on a wall there.

With the Hoenn Dex done, I can move on to something else. Next up, I am going to complete the National Dex as well, both here and in Omega Ruby. Currently, I have around 340 Pokemon caught and around 400 seen here, so I have more than half of all existing Pokemon left to get. But before I can get started on that, I am going to do a few other, smaller things.

I started with doing a thing I had planned for a while. Trained my in-game team until all members of it were at level 80. Then I went to the Pokemon League for another challenge against the Elite Four. I challenged them all and won without major problems, it was cool to see their updated teams and Megas. After beating Steven, he gave me a Metagrossite. This was one of the last three Mega Stones I was missing, so now I am only missing two.

Watched the credits and found myself back in Littleroot once more. Saved Professor Birch from his wife and got to keep a Piplup from him this time around. Now, for the National Dex. Before I get started on it here, I need to obtain all the Pokemon I can't catch on this game, except for the ones from Kalos which I will wait with. I am going to send over the missing ones from Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova from Black 2 and White 2, so I am going to be playing these games and prepare everything on them. In the meantime here, I am going to view and add all Mega Evolutions from the Hoenn Dex to my Pokedex. Already had the four from my in-game team. Continued slightly today and added Sceptile, Swampert and Alakazam as well. More will be done but going to take it easy.

I will also continue with Mirage Spots and Secret bases as usual. Have done so for the past few days as well, haven't found any new Mirage Spots but I have collected a few more flags. I also did another Game Sync and I had unlocked a few more medals. But there is more to get in the future.

Flamer

Congrats on the shiny Dratini Yknot :)

Yesterday I played AS for the first time in a few weeks, (been very busy, and playing Yellow in the small amounts of empty time I have had). Since I was at the Battle Resort, I decided to continue my doubles run at the Battle Mansion. Used some of my Kanto Classic Pokemon for it. Led with Gengar and Venomoth, who didn't actually work so well in doubles, but they were quite effective at sweeping up the earlier teams. Only when I got to the final few battles did I start getting into a spot of bother. Had Dragonite and Snorlax in the back field though, who at this level were both highly effective. Defeated the Battle leader or whatever their called with little trouble.

Now onto the Super Double battles. Going with a more serious team for this. Only Dragonite remains, with Kangaskan, Magneton and Raichu coming in from the team I often use in Battle Spot. Not sure about using Raichu and Magneton in the same team. Both want to lead really, but Raichu's Lightning Rod means Magneton can't Volt Switch out after setting up Light Screen or Gravity. Got a few options on the table, (can't be bothered to type it all out) but need to experiment a bit

Vroomer

OR:
Using Masuda method + Shiny Charm, I am breeding for a shiny Charmander. Currently at 298 eggs hatched with no shiny. :( No hidden ability :( but moves will be: Scratch, Growl, Dragon Pulse, and Flare Blitz.

WTW was decent. Only one Zigzagzoon received for my box of Audinos, Clefairies, and Clefas. My Clefas were sent holding Moon Stones. :) I released: all my English pokes received, bad names, nicknamed pokes, and just dumb stuff. Seriously, who would name their trainer "4ssbutt"? Pokemon released..

Working on ribbons for my current team: Shiny Latias, Shiny Ralts (leveled up to Kirlia), and Gallade. Shiny Charmander will join when he hatches. Will breed for a Shiny Tympole next.

AS, X/Y:
Next round of event pokes will go on all 4 Gen 6 games.

Going to move everything off Y, reset, and run through again.

Flamer

Started my run at the Super Doubles competition in the Battle Mansion.

Decided to stick with Raichu and Magneton as my leads, despite Magneton not being able to Volt Switch because of Raichu's Lightning Rod. They've actually been very effective. Magneton's Sturdy combined with Raichu's fast Fake Out means I've almost always been able to get my Light Screen up without issue, (apart from a couple of times when Magneton was put to sleep on the first turn). Raichu tends to get KOed fairly quickly, what with Volt Tackle and low defenses, (although it can really pack a punch with Volt Tackle. Almost single-handedly swept one team), allowing Magneton to Volt Switch out. With Light Screen up, Dragonite and Kangaskan then have the protection they need to set up. Both pack such a punch after their respected boosts that the game's pretty much over at that point. They compliment each other nicely too, with one able to come in and deal with a threat to the other. Magneton's bulk with the Eviolite helps with this too, allowing me to keep it in play with I clear the way.

Might come undone as I face more challenging teams, but at the moment going strong on a 14 streak with this strategy.

Kalosian

So long
On Alpha Sapphire, I have continued a bit on doing things, though I haven't had a lot of time and therefore not been able to do much. Anyway, I added seven more Mega Evolutions from the Hoenn Dex to my Pokedex. Still have several left though. Then I also continued on Mirage Spots and managed to find two new ones! This is great as it means I am just missing two in total now, hoping to find them rather soon. Also continued on Secret Bases, I have now collected more than 200 flags in total. Still got a long way to go, but I'll be sure to get to that final goal of 1000 one day.

Vroomer

OR:
330 eggs with no shiny Charmander. Redid my breeding. Pokes: momma Charmander and daddy Tyrunt. Masuda method (German + Korean on English cart) with Shiny Cham. Breeding for Shiny Charmander. Introduced the Solar Power hidden ability. Current starting moves: Scratch, Growl, Bite, & Ancient Power. Bred for AP. if I want Dragon Pulse, I'll tutor later. Can't decide on the flying move: Aerial Ace, Wing Attack, or Fly. Fire move will be Flamethrower... But what about Solar Beam. Decisions, decisions....

Got the event Jirachi on all carts: ORAS & XY.

Reset Y. Tramsferred some Pokes from bank. Started with Chespin. Current team: Chespin, Chameleon, Bulbasaur, & Charmander. 1 badge.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Did a few more minor things today. Added 4 new Megas from the Hoenn Dex to my Pokedex and got a few more Flags from Secret Bases. Generated more Mirage Spots through SpotPass but didn't find any new ones or old ones that I need to find again. Then I also transported all of the Kanto and Johto Pokemon I need for my Pokedex from Black 2 and White 2. This brought the number of entries in my Pokedex up from 342 to 388, so I sent over a total of 46 Pokemon. Now I am ready to start on the National Pokedex, I will do so tomorrow right after I have added the remaining Megas to the Hoenn Dex.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Congrats on the shiny Dratini Yknot :)

thank you :D

I'm currently working on breeding another shiny, honege. around 250 eggs so far but no shiny.

going for spread 31/31/31/31/31/x quiet

egg move is wideguard

Going to pick up the event Jirachi this month on all 4 of my cartridges. Considering resetting my Y cartridge for more but I'm in the middle of a playthrough and 4 should be enough right?

Vroomer

Going to pick up the event Jirachi this month on all 4 of my cartridges. Considering resetting my Y cartridge for more but I'm in the middle of a playthrough and 4 should be enough right?

I gave up on Honedge's shiny. Got a shiny Aegislash in Wonder Trade... Best of luck!

And I think 4 event pokes at level 100 is enough. I do not like them being level 100. I want to train, max them out, and get them ribbons. Oh well. Rant off.

I reset my Y before the event because I want a better Yveltal. My first one I didn't know what I was looking for or doing. Oblivion Wing is an awesome move. :D

OR:
With my new breeding team for Charmander, 45 eggs and no shiny, yet. I am going to stick this one out though. Then on to Tympole and Growlie.

Rotom1598

I have been constantly soft resetting for rayquaza at the Sky Pillar, and still have not gotten an Adamant Rayquaza with good IVs. It takes so long because it is in Zinnia's battle where i am able to see its stats and determine its nature and IVs I have recieved Jirachi from the event and will also have to reset it for a good nature and IVs which is more difficult as Synchronise ablilty doesnt work on it.

Kalosian

So long
Started today by doing one thing on all my 6th Gen games. Which was to download the event Jirachi. Like the Celebi from last month, I didn't exactly need them, but I'm not one to say no to a free event Pokemon, especially if it is an event legendary that's not distributed often. I find it a bit odd that it only knows three moves though. Not that it really matters, but still.

Omega Ruby: Took another very small break from the Battle Maison and collected some more flags from Secret Bases, now I have over 400 in total! Still got around 600 left to go though... Went back to the Battle Maison again for now, looks like I will be staying there for quite a bit longer still.

Alpha Sapphire: Started by adding all the remaining Megas in the Hoenn Dex to my Pokedex. I also added both Mega Mewtwo as I have Mewtwo on my game now and will have to Bank them back to Y later on. Then I added Primal Groudon and Kyogre as well, they are almost like Mega Evolutions and I added them now that I could do so just like with Mewtwo.

Continued with the final part of Secret Super Training. Both Milotic and Glalie had now maxed out their EVs (which was likely from when I rebattled the Elite Four earlier), so I let each of them complete two of the four remaining regimens. Now I have completed all there is to Super Training on this game and I can use it to get evolutionairy stones if I should need to.

With that over, I got started on the National Dex. Going to do the five remaining regional dexes in order just like I did on Omega Ruby, so Kanto is first out. Will do the regular evolutions first. Got started on it and added the following Pokemon to the Pokedex: Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmeleon, Charizard, Wartortle, Blastoise, Metapod, Butterfree, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Fearow, Arbok, Nidorina, Nidorino, Parasect, Dugtrio, Primeape, Poliwhirl, Weepinbell and Chansey. Out of these, Chansey is the odd one out but since I have eight Friendship-based evolutions left to do, I decided that I might as well get started on them since half of them are from Johto. So I simply evolved the Happiny I had caught earlier, hoping it will evolve even further into a Blissey soon. Really wish I had caught it in a Luxury Ball, but whatever.

Continued a little on Mirage Spots and Secret Bases today too. Nothing new on the former, got more flags on the latter. Will continue on the Pokedex tomorrow but going to take it slowly until I am done with the two remaining regions on B2W2.

Ultimategodzilla

Dragon Trainer
I was wondertrading earlier, and I some how got a lv 100 shiny luxray. Here's hoping it gets a mega someday!

Vroomer

OR:
0 for 60 for Charmander eggs. STS - traded a level 100 Shiny Accelgor I had received in wonder trade. It was from a gen 5 game and I want all my pokes to be "Kalos born" so.. Buh-bye. Kept trading away Charmanders. Got a Japanese Slowpoke that evolved into Slowking. Got a Korean Vileplume... 4 Ralts, lots of other non-Eng pokes. Auto released Zigzagzoons and Poochyenas regardless of what they were, level, name, nature, etc. got 2 Magikarp. Going to evolve them and wonder trade them away. To me, Magikarp is not a bad thing to get in Wonder trade because Gyarados ain't too shabby.

For the record, my OR has the national dex complete, minus event pokes. 712 out of 721 at the moment. All are Kalos born (blue pentagon) except for my two Articunos I traded for in the GTS. I'll rectify that with my Y replay.

AS has the first three regions complete. Using Bank to transfer pokes. Got burnt out a little on moving the Gen 4 pokes over. So, AS's dex is about 540 out of 721.