• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Nintendo543

I finally arrived in Mauville city today on my Omega Ruby cartridge. I saw Wally and his Uncle (I think it was his uncle), and they went towards the gym. I went to heal my Pokemon and started towards the Mauville Gym.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
Now I only need the Battle Resort trophies for Rotation and Single Battles! I don't even know why I haven't gotten the latter one yet. I just find Single Battles really boring for some reason. Rotation Battles is just another mode of Single Battles, so I guess I'm going to get it last.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: I have continued in the Battle Maison for a while now and have won a bit more battles after reaching 100 in Super Rotation. However, my streak ended today. I ended up losing in Battle #131. The reason I lost was because I was facing one grave weakness my team has (Leech Seed) combined with some other annoyances (status moves, Substitute and three rather bulky Pokemon). I also played very badly in the battle. This led to my loss. Battle Video 6SDW-WWWW-WW3S-5CHM if anyone wants to see it. No, you should not watch it. The battle is 75 turns long and I don't want anyone to waste their time on that.

Even if I lost, I'm still happy about my streak. The team made it quite a bit further than I had expected it to as I thought I would lose quickly after facing Morgan. I also beat my personal record at the Super Rotation line which I'm happy about. I have decided to take a small break from the Battle Maison now, so I went out to collect some flags from Secret Bases instead. Going to continue doing that and then do one other small thing before going back to the Maison.

Alpha Sapphire: Continued on the Pokedex. Added the following to it: Slowbro, Haunter, Kingler, Marowak, Electabuzz and Magmar. Not a whole lot but that was what I had time for. Got a few others in the works too. I have already done 2/3 of the Kanto dex if we count by number which is quite a lot considering the fact that I started on it yesterday. But seeing how fast it goes to complete the Pokedex this generation, I'm not surprised. Will continue on it tomorrow, also going to do a special thing related to the Pokedex then.

In addition to that, I caught 3 Tyrogue today, which I will evolve into the different Hitmons soon. Continued on Secret Bases and Mirage Spots as usual too. Got a bunch more flags and while I didn't find any new Mirage Spots, I found one containing something I needed. Which was a Mirage Island which had smashable rocks. I smashed rocks there until I met a wild Binacle, which I caught. It was the last Rock Smash-exclusive Pokemon I needed, so that is now done.

Vroomer

OR:
80 chain encounters with Growlithe - no Shiny.
180 chain encounters with Tympole - no Shiny. :(
100 eggs hatched for Charmander with Charmander mom, Tyrunt dad - no shiny. (441 Charmander eggs hatched in all - no shiny.)

Grew some berries. Harvested 10 Salac berries. :) time to plant and grow more while I hatch Charmander eggs. I like hatching eggs on Route 117 because the auto rotation of the Battle Resort, to me, is annoying. And I can grow berries while I hatch eggs. :)

Flamer

Ended up losing my Super Doubles streak at 18. Was a few days ago now, so can't remember all the details, but it did come down to the opponent's Gengar holding a Focus Sash, so literally lost by 1 HP.

With the run over I decided to leave the Battle Resort for a bit and return to finishing my Hoenn Dex. Only have the Regi's to go, so took the boat to Lilycove and then made my way to Pacifilog. I remembered from playing Emerald that you needed a Relincath and Wailord to catch them at some point, so added them to my team, before heading off into the currents. Took a few goes, (soared back to Pacifilog every-time it went wrong), but was able to get to an interesting looking dive spot soon enough. Dove down with Kyogre, and sure enough I soon came to the Sealed Chamber. Braille translation in hand, I set about solving the puzzles inside. Once completed I was informed that some doors far away had opened up, so left the Sealed Chamber and went looking for those.

I knew from earlier explorations of Hoenn that one was in the desert, so surfed the currents back to Slateport and then traveled up to the desert area via Mauville. Bought Metagross into my team for Hold Back and Breloom for its status effects, leaving Relincath and Wailord behind now they'd don their job. Once at the desert I headed south, and sure enough the door to the ruins had opened up. Took me a few goes to get into the right spot to solve the puzzle, but once I had a second chamber opened up. Within it Regirock was waiting.

Didn't want to take any chances, so led with Mega Metagross and used Hold Back until Regirock was down to 1 HP. Then switched in Latias and paralyzed it with Thunder Wave. From then on it was just a case of throwing Ultra Balls at it until it went inside. Went through about 20 in the end, but was able to catch it.

With Regirock in the bag I returned to Mauville and prepared to go looking for the next opened ruin. Hadn't been to Fortree in a long time, and needed to visit the Secret Base Guild to get a new rank, so decided to look up there first. Before heading off I switched my team around to make it more legendary-hunting worthy. In reality it would have been fine how it was, but added to the role playing element a bit. Bought in Flamer, (my Charizard from FR) and shiny Mewtwo, (also from FR) in place of Manetric and Breloom, (who wasn't really needed because Latias has Thunder Wave).

Headed up Route 119, battling in a few Secret Bases as I went, to Fortree. Didn't come across any ruins though. Once at Fortree I visited the Secret Base Guild and got the bronze and silver rank for my Secret Base. Then left and headed down Route 120. On the way I noticed a rock with a door in it in the middle of a lake, so surfed over and went through the door into the Scorched Slab. There I met Flannery, who had come looking for a legendary Pokemon but didn't feel able to progress any further. She left, and I progress further into the Scorched Slab. During my descent I found a Charizardite Y, which I gave to Flamer so he could mega evolve. Upon reaching the bottom I found a very hot chamber with a Hoopa portal at the end. Obviously this wasn't a Regi, but seeing as I had my legendary-hunting party with me, thought this was a good a time as any to catch whatever was behind the portal. Stuck my hand in, and predictably enough given the surroundings Heatran popped out. Led with Flamer, who I mega evolved into Charizard Y. Again, played it safe using a few not very effective Wing Attacks, before switching to Metagross for Hold Back and then Latias for Thunder Wave. Latias got burned by one of Heatran's Lava Plumes, so switched to Mewtwo, who has Recover, to stall out the turns while I chucked Ultra Balls at it. Went in much easier than Regirock, must have only been 5 or 6.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Caught a Throh and a Skrelp. Then I did a few trades with Alpha Sapphire, which added the following Pokemon to my Pokedex: Omanyte, Cranidos, Sawk, Tirtouga and Clauncher. Those were all the Alpha Sapphire exclusives I was missing. Adding them brought my Pokedex up to exactly 700 Pokemon caught. Next up, I am going to evolve the four of those that are able to evolve.

Alpha Sapphire: Here, I caught Sawk and Clauncher. Then I did some trades with Omega Ruby which added these Pokemon to my Pokedex: Kabuto, Shieldon, Throh, Archen and Skrelp. Those were all Omega Ruby exclusives outside of the Hoenn Dex, so now I have all of those. I continued a bit on Mirage Spots and Secret Bases too, positive things happened regarding both of them. First of all, I found one of the two Mirage Spots I was missing. Even better, it contained the very last Mirage Spot exclusive Pokemon I needed, which was Persian. So I now have all Pokemon there is to get from Mirage Spots, but I still have one spot left to find which I will continue looking for. I now also have collected more than 300 flags from Secret Bases, which feels good. Only 700 left... and I am catching up on Omega Ruby rather quickly. I didn't have time to work on evolving any more Pokemon for the Pokedex today though, hoping I will be able to do so tomorrow.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I played Alpha Sapphire again this afternoon and did some fishing and caught more pokemon needed for my Pokedex, then I went on a fossil hunt and revived some of those fossils.
- I picked tonnes of berries from the garden behind the Berry Master's cottage next and I also evolved a few more pokemon after withdrawing them from the day care. I then flew to Mossdeep.
- I visited Shoal Cave and grabbed Shoal Shells since it was high tide and I dove underwater and got items in the depths of Route 124 and 126. I then visited my Secret Base again. :3

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Caught Cresselia at Crescent Isle. Defeated Elite Four and Champion again to get mega stone from Steven. Got Piplup from Professor. Got Beldum from Steven's house.

Started playing AS for some 'side jobs' since I finished my LiveDex, sans the upcoming events. I'm planning on levelling up all my 'first' teams (only my First AS team is actually a first, the rest are the first since I got Bank) and beating all Master Rank contests three times with my Cherrim, Ruby.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Evolved four of the Pokemon I traded over yesterday, which added these to my Pokedex: Omastar, Rampardos, Carracosta and Clawitzer. Then I collected a few more flags from Secret Bases.

Alpha Sapphire: Transferred the second batch of Pokemon from Black 2 and White 2 through Poke Transporter. This brought the number of entries registered in my Pokedex up from 421 to 463. Then I continued on evolving a few more Pokemon but didn't get much done. I evolved one Tyrogue into Hitmonchan and my Chansey evolved into Blissey, which I am happy about. Next on the Friendship checklist is Togetic, so I withdrew my Togepi and gave it the Soothe Bell, will work on evolving it next along some others.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I did some trades in Alpha Sapphire and used bank to empty some of my boxes, which mainly included unwanted level 1 Riolus and Squirtles from a previous Masuda method shiny hunt.
- I did some fishing as well next and picked up some mega stones that I hadn't attained yet. I finished breeding some more pokemon and hatched Elekid, Magby and Happiny eggs next.
- I competed at the Maison once more and battled another Chatelaine and won BP, then I went soaring and encountered flocks of flying pokemon and caught a Braviary and Murkrow.

So I got all the Master Rank ribbons on my Cherrim, which was easier than expected, as was beating all Master Ranks a third time. Some weird stuff happened, for example against Lisia it's saying my Cherrim's gauge at the end was completely filled blue, meaning it got all those points in the first round. Isn't Lisia supposed to win that round by default?

Flamer

Continued down Route 120 looking for opened ruins that may contain a Regi. Battled in some secret bases as I went. One trainer had a team containing the three Regis, meaning I've now seen all the Pokemon in the Hoenn dex. Once I got to Lilycove I checked my dex progress with the professor via the PC, and it turns out that to complete the Hoenn dex you only need to see all the Pokemon, not catch them. Despite that, I still want to get the last two Regis before returning to Littleroot Town and showing the professor.

With that I left Lilycove and headed back to Mauville, continuing to explore on my way. Came across a fishing hut and small lake with some fishermen around it that I hadn't been to before, so battled them. Also gathered up and planted some berries along the way. Now I've explored most of the east of the main island in Hoenn I plan on going north from Mauville again and then heading down the west side through Meteor Falls

Vroomer

OR: harvested 44 Salac berries. Decided to take my team through the elite four and Steven. My 43rd time through on OR. Only used one poke: Kangaskhan. First time only using one poke. I have trained and leveled her up to level 100. Knows: Fake Out, Power Up Punch, Ice Punch, and Fire Punch. All moves have Max PP applied. Used the mega evolution at the end of the first elite on his Absol. Then very early in my match ups after that. Only Mega Sableye hitting my Mega Kangaskhan with Foul Play did any worrisome damage. Almost 1 shot my 404 hp Kang. Finally, my Kangaskhan has max affection. Avoided a few attacks and landed some crits with that.

Shiny Latias, Shiny Gardevoir, Shiny Charmander, and Seismitoad all got their Hoenn champion ribbons. :) Gallade already had one. Just leveling him up to 100.

Gave up on Shiny Tympole when I found an "Outstanding" one with 4 max IV's. That's he Seismitoad I'm leveling now. I'll go back to hatching Charmander eggs because I want an "outstanding" shiny!

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've done a few things on my OmegaRuby recently, though nothing too big as I didn't have a lot of time for video games over the weekend. I went soaring a few times and visited a few Mirage Spots to look for hidden items. Don't remember everything I found, but I do remember finding another Deep Sea Tooth at a Mirage Cave. Aside from that, I also stopped by my Secret Base briefly in order to use my Secret Pals for more free stones. Additionally, I returned to the Battle Resort, where I battled some of the trainers scattered around the island using my Manaphy.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Collected some more flags from Secret Bases, which brought my total up to 500. This took me to the next rank, which is the Gold Rank. This is pretty good. I can now use several more functions in the bases. And now I am halfway done with collecting, just 500 left to reach the Platinum Rank... I will get there one day. For now though, I am going to return to the Battle Maison. Entered the Super Triple line with my team and have started battling again.

Alpha Sapphire: Haven't had a lot of time to play, but I have continued a little on the Pokedex. Added the following Pokemon to it. Rapidash, Hitmonlee, Jynx, Dragonair, Dragonite and Togetic. The last one of these was great, my Togepi evolved much faster than I had expected. Now I only have two Friendship evolutions left from Johto, decided to get started on one of them. I went out to Route 116 where I caught 9 Eevee. Two of them in Luxury Balls. Withdrew one of them and started working on its Friendship level.

I am almost done with the Kanto part of the Dex regarding regular evolutions, so I am about to get started on Johto now. Which I'll hopefully do tomorrow. In addition to this, I also downloaded the rather unexpected Event Hoopa on this game. Since I have obtained Hoopa previously on my other three 6th Gen games, I don't think I can get it on them since it has the same OT/ID as the ones I already have. Decided to get it here since I didn't have it here before and I can't have too many of this little guy.

Ultimategodzilla

Dragon Trainer
Thanks to DrXOhio, I'm finally able to finish my pokedex, and all I need to do now is a lot of evolving

Kalosian

So long
I have continued on the Pokedex for the past few days. Added the following to it: Omastar, Kabutops, Bayleef, Meganium, Quilava, Typhlosion, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Furret, Noctowl, Ledian, Flaaffy, Ampharos, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Espeon, Quagsire, Granbull, Ursaring, Octillery, Houndoom, Hitmontop and Tyranitar.

With that, I was done with all regular evolutions from both Kanto and Johto, and almost all Friendship-evolutions too. My first Eevee evolved into Espeon as expected. I continued a bit afterwards with doing all the breeding I had to do from those two generations. Hatched and added the following Pokemon to the Pokedex: Weedle, Pidgey, Venonat, Meowth, Drowzee, Spinarak, Cleffa, Pineco, Swinub and Larvitar. I also hatched a Slowpoke and a Poliwag, which I will evolve through trade relatively soon. Trained the Poliwag until it evolved into Poliwhirl, and my second Eevee also evolved into Umbreon. I have also started raising the Friendship level of my Woobat. Now I only have stone and trade evolutions left from Kanto and Johto, will them next in that order.

Spock

Live Long & Prosper
After many months on hiatus, I finally started playing AS competitive again, and have won handily multiple times.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
I was breeding a sandshrew for a trade shop deal and it was really being a bugger not coming out perfect 5/6 but in the end it was worth it because in the same batch one came out perfect and the one after was shiny but not perfect. I usually don't touch my shiny mons incase people want them UT but I really like shiny sandslash better than sandshrew so i might evolve this one.

estimated number of eggs between shiny dratini and shiny sandshrew (masuda method plus shiny charm) 360 eggs.