• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Flamer

Headed up to Lavaridge Town from Mauville, on to Meteor Falls then down to Rustboro City in my search for the next open ruins. Didn't find anything, so decided to surf south towards Dewford, exploring the ocean areas around there. Before I set off I downloaded Hoopa and recieved it from the woman at the Pokemon Centre. Went straight into the PC, but might use it after I've finished Regi-hunting. Magician seems like a very useful ability in game.

While surfing down to Dewford I came across a ruin maniac on a small islet who mentioned something about some ancient ruins around the area. Sure enough, after a bit of surfing around I found a opened ruin nearby. Heading in, I found a wall with the familiar braille text, confirming a Regi was locked behind it, (given the ice on the ground I guessed Regice). Set about translating the text, the first line of which said something along the lines of 'stop and wait'. While translating the rest, a doorway suddenly appeared. Guess stopping and waiting worked....

Within the hidden chamber I sure enough found Regice. Like with Regirock, I led with Metagross and used Hold Back a couple of times to get it to 1HP. Then switched in Latias and Thunder Waved it, before proceeding to chuck a bunch of Ultra Balls at it. After about 15 or so it went into the ball.

2 down, 1 to go

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Got the 7th Pokemon badge in my Omega Ruby copy, and about to face Groudon. Would you believe me if I said I've had this game from day one? :(

I remembered I could transfer Generation 4 Pokemon to Generation 5 and then to Generation 6. :) Whew!!! It took a few hours last night. I transferred Pokemon from Pokemon Pearl and Pokemon Black 2 to Pokemon Bank, where 3.04 boxes full of legendaries, shinies, and some other Pokemon are ready to be transferred to my Omega Ruby copy. 0_0

I totally remembered I had shinies in Pokemon Pearl I could transfer in and I found 2 shinies I had forgotten about: the Shiny Suicuine and shiny Pichu from Gamestop released about 7-9 years ago. 0_0 I need to check among all my games and look for any shinies or other Pokemon I might've missed.

Some Pokemon couldn't be transferred between Pearl and Black 2 because they contained hidden moves. What are those again?

One Shaymin from either Pearl or Black 2 couldn't be transferred because it was labelled as a "problematic Pokemon." What's that mean? Does it mean it's a hacked/cheated Pokemon? It was a Shaymin with the OT listed as TERRA. Of course, I had a legitimate Shaymin from Toyrs R US I was able to transfer. 0_0

Some Pokemon were so old, they were transferred from my Gen 3 Emerald to my Pokemon Pearl. They sit currently in my Pokemon Bank. I can't believe those Pokemon are from 3 generations ago (4 when Sun & Moon come out). They're so old!!!

Kalosian

So long
Did all remaining stone evolutions from Kanto and Johto today which added the following Pokemon to the Pokedex: Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Clefable, Arcanine, Poliwrath, Victreebel, Cloyster, Exeggutor, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon and Sunflora. Then my Swoobat had also reached a high enough level of Friendship so I evolved it into Swoobat. Next on the Friendship checklist is Lucario so I withdrew my Riolu and gave it the Soothe Bell. In addition to that, my collection of flags from Secret Bases is now over 400, I am getting close to being halfway done and I am getting close to having as many as I do on Omega Ruby once again. As for the Pokedex, I only have trade evolutions left from Kanto and Johto now, will do them next though it will have to wait for a few days.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I went onto Pokemon Bank today to renew my subscription and received the event Regis, which I'd completely forgotten about. I had the Regis sent to my Omega Ruby, where I found room for them in my PC box usually reserved for breeding rejects. The Regirock has a good Nature, so I might train it in the future just for fun.

After all that, I did a few more things with my Manaphy. First, I wanted it to get the ribbon for defeating the Pokemon League, so I returned to the league and battled the Elite Four again. I used Manaphy in every battle and had it take out at least three Pokemon per battle. Once the credits were done, I played with Manaphy on Pokemon Amie, which was super cute.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Took a small break from the Battle Maison and did a few trades with Alpha Sapphire. This added the following Pokemon to my Pokedex: Gengar, Steelix, Politoed, Slowking, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z. Those were all remaining trade evolutions from Kanto and Johto as well as Porygon-Z. I decided to add it now since it would feel weird too leave my Porygon2 unevolved and I would need it later on anyway. With that, the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn parts of my Dex are all completely complete. Which is technically the first half of the Pokedex. Only got a few from the second part left, which I will get to later on.

Now that I had Steelix and Gengar, I added their Mega Evolutions to my Pokedex. The only Megas left that I am missing now are Garchomp and Lucario, will get to them eventually but I need their Mega Stones first, which I am going to try and get at some point, hopefully rather soon. Went back to the Battle Maison for now and won a few more battles, but unfortunately, I ended up losing in Battle #256. The reason I lost was because I played very stupidly. It is as simple as that, nothing more needs to be said. Battle Video: 645G-WWWW-WW3U-3XGU. But even if I lost, I am very happy about the streak, and the fact that my team made it this far. It is the furthest I have ever gotten in any battle facility with a team I have made on my own. I am not going to try again though since I don't have time and motivation, and there is nothing more left to gain from it. Leaving the Maison for now, not going to come back until it is time for the Super Multi Trophy. Instead, I am going to move on to another project here.

Alpha Sapphire: Finally, I could do all the trade evolutions I had planned to do. Traded with Omega Ruby and added the following Pokemon to the Pokedex: Gengar, Steelix, Scizor, Politoed, Slowking, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z. This was all trade evolutions from Kanto and Johto as well as Porygon-Z which I added here now as well for the same reason as in Omega Ruby. So I am now done with the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn parts of the Pokedex here as well. Then I did one other small thing. Which was to add all of the remaining Kanto and Johto Mega Evolutions to the Pokedex. They were a few, but not as many as the Megas from the Hoenn Dex. Next up, I am going to continue with the second half of the Pokedex.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
I have been soft resetting for semi competitive IV's and nature on all the legends on my omega ruby first since I want to play that one over with a different trainer name, Flufftin (my fiance sometimes calls me that) I didn't realize crecellia was such a **** block or else I would have started checking on that island every day a long time ago. I may have to start over without her since I can get it on my alpha sapphire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultimategodzilla

Dragon Trainer
I finally managed to receive the shiny charm. Immediately attempted a shiny hunt for a zorua and magikarp, both times failed :/
However, I am excited to start shiny hunting for latias via my eon ticket. It's like my favorite out of the eon duo.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Since I am done with the Battle Maison for the time being, and any more progress on the Pokedex will have to wait until I have gotten further with it on Alpha Sapphire, I am going to move on to other things. Next up here is Contests and Secret Bases. I am going to work on them alongside each other to begin with. Started today by planting a ton of berries at some places, most notably the Berry Fields at Route 123 but also at a few other places. I will need the berries to make Pokeblocks later on so I might as well get started on obtaining more of them.

I also changed the location of my Secret Base to one on Route 121, it is optimal in terms of location but the sad thing is that I can only have two posters on the wall there. Still, I think I will be able to live with it in the end, chances are I won't have both of my Pokedex completion posters up at the same time. Decorated it a little bit for now but I am not done with that yet, going to decide on a final layout later on. Also started with some very small planning regarding which Pokemon I will use for contests but I have a long way left to go regarding that, though I will be taking it very slowly with it.

Alpha Sapphire: Started by relocating my Secret Base to Route 121, decorated it a little bit but I am definitely not done with it yet. Also switched some of my secret pals to a few others, something I had planned to do for a while now. Then I continued on the Pokedex. Got started on the Sinnoh part of the Dex and added the following Pokemon to it: Grotle, Torterra, Monferno, Infernape, Prinplup, Piplup, Bibarel, Staravia, Staraptor, Luxray, Wormadam, Mothim, Vespiquen, Floatzel, Gastrodon and Lucario. Which is a good start for the Sinnoh part of the dex. My Riolu evolved into Lucario, which means another Friendship-based evolution is done. Next up will be Lopunny, I went to the Safari Zone where I caught a Buneary in a Luxury Ball, will work on making it love me next alongside evolving other Pokemon.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I had several newly hatched Eevees in Omega Ruby and I worked on evolving them into each Eeveelution for dex purposes. I first had to get some evolutionary stones.
- Once I had Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon, I visited the icy rock and evolved an Eevee into Glaceon, then I visited the moss rock and evolved an Eevee into Leafeon.
- I did the Amie thing with another Eevee and it became Sylveon, then I worked on raising the happiness level of the other two Eevees which ended up taking a couple of hours.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Continued on what I started yesterday. Several of my berries had finished growing so I harvested them as well as planted a few new ones. I also collected more flags from Secret Bases and continued planning my first Contest team, though I didn't get very far. Not sure what Pokemon and moves to use since I'm not very much into contests yet but I'll keep on planning and do research regarding it.

Alpha Sapphire: Did quite a bit more on the Pokedex today, added the following Pokemon to it: Rampardos, Bastiodon, Ambipom, Drifblim, Lopunny, Skuntank, Bronzong, Gabite, Garchomp, Hippowdon, Drapion, Toxicroak, Lumineon, Abomasnow, Weavile, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, Yanmega, Leafeon, Glaceon, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Servine, Serperior, Pignite, Emboar, Dewott, Samurott, Herdier, Stoutland, Sewaddle and Leavanny. Those were all remaining regular evolutions from Sinnoh and a few from Unova too. With both Lopunny and Leavanny done, I have obtained all Friendship evolutions as well, so that is now done. Going to continue tomorrow with more evolutions from Unova.

Ultimategodzilla

Dragon Trainer
After about 600 something runaways, I managed to encounter a shiny latias via the eon ticket. I took no chances, so I almost immediately used a master ball on it. I named it Bianca, after the latias from the 5th(?) movie, and EV trained it in 252 HP, 252 defense, and 4 in Speed.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I decided to start training the Regirock I got from Pokemon Bank. So, I passed the Pokerus onto it and then fully EV trained it. After that was done, I went to Slateport City in order to get an Effort Ribbon and to give it a nickname. Then, I played with Regirock on Pokemon Amie for a little while, which was interesting, I guess. Anyway, when I was done with that, I taught Regirock some new moves and then began levelling it up. I defeated a couple of Secret Base trainers and got it up a few levels. Later this week, I'll work on training it some more...maybe.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Harvested all remaining berries but did not plant any new ones. Though I will do so sometime next week, probably on Tuesday. I also continued on planning my first Contest team and I have now decided on all of the team members as well as started on their movesets, but there is still a lot left to do. I have also collected more flags from Secret Bases.

Alpha Sapphire: Continued on the Pokedex and added the following to it: Watchog, Purrloin, Tranquill, Unfezant, Gurdurr, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Whirlipede, Scolipede, Krokorok, Krookodile, Scrafty, Archeops and Zoroark. I believe I have done around half of the Unova part of the dex in terms of regular evolutions which is great.

Some other good things also happened today. First of all, I finally found the last Mirage Spot I have been looking for. Went to it and picked up the item there. Now I am done with Mirage Spots for the time being but I will continue visiting them until I am done with the Pokedex just to pick up all of the daily hidden items from them. I have also collected a total of 500 flags from Secret Bases now. This moved me up to the next rank, which is Gold. And I am now halfway done with this, just 500 flags left to Platinum Rank. Going to start working on getting there. Will also continue on the Pokedex next week but I won't have much time to play so I'm not sure how much I will get done.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I finished evolving my last two Eevees onto Espeon and Umbreon via happiness and I then worked on evolving a Goomy into Sliggoo and then Goodra as well.
- I did some trades with Y version and began evolving some more Kalos pokemon including a Helioptile, tho I didn't have a Sun Stone, so I had to locate one first. ^^;
- I managed to get a Sun Stone from a trade and I evolved a Fennekin all the way to Delphox and then a Flabebe into Florges, which didn't take that long thankfully.

Vroomer

OR:
Have been taking a break here. However, I did transfer all pokes with dex numbers over 400 to Bank in an effort to clean up my storage on the game and get my "Living Dex" in order.

AS:
Picked up three basic pokes for my living Dex. Transferred to Y for leveling and ultimate transfer to Bank. One more needed from Gen 4 and then on to Gen 5's pokes.

With the "living Dex" in bank, I will get the shiny charm easier on all my games. Only my OR has a Shiny Charm now.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: I have done two things here. Planted more berries today, all of which will be done on Thursday or maybe earlier for some of them. Then I have also continued with collecting flags from Secret Bases and I have now reached a total of 600. Only 400 left to go, feels like it isn't that much left regarding the flags now.

Alpha Sapphire: Continued on the Pokedex and added the following to it: Carracosta, Gothorita, Gothitelle, Duosion, Reuniclus, Swanna, Vanilluxe, Sawsbuck and Amoonguss. Still got quite a bit left on the Unova part of the dex.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
well a few things happened to me in Omega Ruby all awesome.

number one, I found crescent island earlier than expected :D

number two, I was soft resetting for competitive stats on Cresselia and a shiny one appeared :D

number three, I was able to catch it in a dive ball without fainting it with struggle :DDD

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I finished evolving more pokemon and I visited Mirage Islands and caught a Larvesta on one of the islands and now I had to evolve it, which took me several hours sadly hee hee. ^^;
- So after training Larvesta against the E4 and a Secret Base person's Blissey team and evolving it to Volcarona, I spent some time hatching eggs and I mainly hatched baby pokemon.
- I did some treasure hunting next via Dive and I emerged with several of those type boosting plates, then I went to Mauville and took the Ramen Bowl challenge and won Big Nuggets. :D

Vroomer

Living Dex completed last night. My final one was Quilladin. Now to transfer them all to Bank... And then to AS.. Then back to the bank again. Will go back to hunting Shiny Creseilla after I get the shiny charm on AS.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: All of my berries had finished growing, so I harvested them. Haven't planted all I want yet though, will plant even more new ones next week. Also collected more flags from Secret Bases.

Alpha Sapphire: Continued a little more on the Pokedex and added the following to it: Jellicent, Galvantula, Ferrothorn, Klang, Klinklang, Eelektrik, Beheeyem, Lampent and Beartic. And that's it for now, I won't have much time to play for the rest of the week so I don't think I'll get much further for the time being.