• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Cerex

One of the things I've always done in each generation since RSE is separate my favorite Pokemon of each generation into boxes, and used these favorites to challenge the battle frontier/tower of each generation. I've taken the personal challenge to have each of the Pokemon earn the Skillful Ribbon after the 20 battle streak, and so have been creating different teams and challenge the Chatelaines. I used to be doing in Singles only, but then I realized it is much more economical and easier to do it in Triples. So far I have a box full from Gen V that have all received the ribbons, I'm not working on the other Gens.

Vroomer

I ALWAYS wanted to build an all EEVEE team I think I may have to copy! Who are the EEVEE's that you are using?

Post #2780 lists my team. Know Slyveon will work over 3 of the elite four. Flareon will do in the ice lady and some of Stephen's team. Will brute force down the rest with Dark and Psychic moves. Don't feel like training up a Vaporeon or Leafeon. Hidden ability, outstanding, four or five 31 IVs on each for this team.

Wonder Traded some pokes away about 330pm EST. One full box of breeding rejects and English pokes got me: a lot of Itialian pokes, a Golem, a Heracross, some others ... 3 Zigzagzoons, 1 Wurmple, 2 Poocheyas, & 3 Magikarp. Seriously - I released all of these except the Magikarp. Only kept the non-English pokes for Masuda breeding and Lotto numbers. (Traded so many, over the last few months I at least get a PP up to very day on OR.) I just leveled the Magikarp to Gyarados. Put Surf and Waterfall on all 3. Will wonder trade them away later.

STOP sending me Zigzagzoons. Do some breeding or hunt better pokes. Same with Wurmple and Poochyenas. No one wants that trash. You're wasting your poke$ and time buying poke balls to catch garbage to trade.

Flamer

Been working on putting my team together for the Flash Clash tournament. Already have competitive Dragonite and Greninja, who I reckon should be pretty handy in 1v1, so decided to use them. Tweaked the movesets a little, giving Greninja Hydro Cannon instead of Hydro Pump and Dragonite Fire Punch instead of Dragon Dance.

Then started training an Aggron. Study seems like a very good ability 1v1, and he certainly packs a punch. Low speed could also come in handy dealing with Perish Song Azumarill.

Didn't have much time to train anyway else unfortunately. Already have a Whimiscott, although its set up for doubles and don't really feel like going to the effort of switching its moveset around just for this. Might take Azumarill too, just as a bluff. To be honest, I'm fairly happy with more core of Greninja, Dragonite and Aggron, so reckon a bit of pre-battle mind games might be a good way to go to fill up the extra slots. Just need to put some thought into who would be best...

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Haven't had any time to train, but I continued a little on some other things. Planted several new berries which should be done before the week is over. I have also collected more flags from Secret Bases, and my total collection is now sitting at 700 flags. Going to continue until I have reached my goal. Hoping to be able to actually get started on obtaining my Contest team relatively soon too.

Alpha Sapphire: Continued on the Pokedex. Started by doing all stone evolutions from Sinnoh and Unova which added the following to the Pokedex: Mismagius, Honchkrow, Togekiss, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Musharna, Lilligant, Whimsicott, Cinccino, Eelektross and Chandelure. Then I did a bunch of trades with X which added all Unova legends to my Pokedex, as well as Xerneas, which was the last Kalos legendary I needed. Now I only have trade evolutions left from the Sinnoh and Unova parts of the dex, will do them tomorrow as well as other things. I have also collected more flags from Secret Bases, and my total amount here is now 600 which is good.

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
Hey y'all as of right now if you check mystery gift you will get Zygarde in the U.S, this appears to be the same one as the Europe exclusive, so get it while you can!

Kalosian

So long
Started today by downloading the random Event Zygarde for all of my 6th gen games. Then I did some other things.

Omega Ruby: Some of my berries had finished growing so I harvested them. Then I did a bunch of trades with Alpha Sapphire which added the following Pokemon to my Pokedex: Electivire, Magmortar, Boldore, Conkeldurr, Accelgor and Escavalier. Those were all remaining trade evolutions from Sinnoh and Unova, the only ones I am missing for the Pokedex at all now are the trade evolutions from Kalos, which I will get eventually, and that will be relatively soon.

Then I caught a few things on X which I will need for my contest teams here on Omega Ruby. Transferred over them through Bank. Didn't have any time to train any Pokemon today either, will try to do that tomorrow instead.

Alpha Sapphire: Traded with Omega Ruby a bit which added the following to the Pokedex: Electivire, Magmortar, Boldore, Conkeldurr, Accelgor and Escavalier. With that, the Sinnoh and Unova parts of my Pokedex are completely complete here as well. Now I only have one region left. Kalos, the final frontier before we go on new adventures in the region Sun/Moon will bring us.

In order to get the Kalos Pokemon I needed, I had to send them over from another game. And that game was to be Y. On Y, I bred, caught and prepared all of the Pokemon I needed which was 26 in total. Then I put them in Bank and withdrew them here on Alpha Sapphire. So I am now ready to start on the very last part of the Pokedex, which I will get around to tomorrow.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I did some more battles at the Battle Maison for fun. I used my Medicham/Gengar/Scizor/Garchomp team again and went through the regular Double Battle challenge once again. After finishing all of those battles, I decided to go through the regular Rotation Battles as well to earn some more Battle Points. Both challenges were pretty easy overall, and none of the battles were particularly difficult.

When I was done with the Maison, I flew over to my Secret Base and got some more stones, then went to Lilycove to try the lottery. From there, I went to several other places around Hoenn in order to obtain some free berries from NPCs.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- So I downloaded the Zygarde event in my Alpha Sapphire this morning and then I did some trades and got the remaining Kalos legendaries: Yveltal, Xerneas and Diancie. ^^
- I finished getting all the Kalos pokemon after evolving a Froakie into Greninja next and now I focused on hunting down some non-Hoenn pokemon using the DexNav feature.
- I kept working on my Pokedex for an hour and then I did some shiny hunting via fishing, but didn't find anything. So now I simply battled some trainers in the Maison. :D

The Living Daylights

Ghost Collector
- Downloaded Event Zygarde and played with it for a while. Yay!
- Did a bit of training with Regirock.
- Ran through the Elite Four again, just because I hadn't played the game in a such a long time.
- Worked on my Pokedex for about 40 minutes and caught a Clefairy in the process.

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Harvested the rest of my berries and planted new ones which will be done tomorrow. Trained some of the Pokemon a little and got them a bit further so that's good even if they aren't completely done yet. Though they will be soon. Also caught a Shuppet at Mt. Pyre and a Clefairy at Meteor Falls which I will need to use as parents for my Contest team members, the latter took forever to find even if it was supposed to be rather simple. But sometimes things just don't go the way you want them to. Also collected more flags from Secret Bases.

Alpha Sapphire: Started on the Kalos part of the Pokedex and got quite far. Added these: Quilladin, Chesnaught, Braixen, Delphox, Frogadier, Greninja, Diggersby, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Spewpa, Vivillon, Pyroar, Floette, Pangoro, Meowstic, Doublade, Malamar and Barbaracle. Also started training a Skiddo. So that's a pretty good start, I don't have that much left even if I started today. Though it isn't that strange since there aren't that many Pokemon from Kalos. Going to continue tomorrow.

Vroomer

OR:
Hatched some hidden ability Eevee eggs. No Shiny - yet. Masuda parents for this one. Downloaded Zygarde and Darkrai for the events.

AS:
Downloaded Zygarde and Darkrai for the events. Soft reset my mirage spots until I got Cressent Island. Now to soft reset for a shiny Cresselia! 0 for ... A LOT! so far...

Aquarelle

Staff member
Got the Zygarde event on my Omega Ruby today. Also, I used my Pokemon Bank to send a few things over to my game, including some Battle Points. The main thing I sent to my OR, though, was a Mawile that I had leftover from when I was breeding for my Y team quite a long time ago. I wanted to breed for a Mawile on OR and decided to use the one from Bank since it already had the right Nature.

Anyway, I went back to the Battle Resort and put my Mawile and Ditto in the Day Care. I started hatching eggs and was pretty lucky when it came to getting good offspring. I hatched the perfect Mawile really quickly, much earlier than I expected. I'll start training it soon, probably tomorrow.

Ultimategodzilla

Dragon Trainer
After over 900 eggs, I finally hatched a shiny charmander, timid with 4 perfect IVs, and it's potential being outstanding. After evolving it into a charizard Y and EV training it in Sp.Atk and Speed, I decided to test it out for a bit on the battle spot. After that I decided to test my luck shiny hunting, first trying for a marill. Wasn't successful in that, so I went up to the grass in mt pyre and did a few sweet scents. After only about 3, I came across a shiny female meditite! I caught it, and found out that it only had one good IV, Sp.Atk, and a terrible HP IV. Go figure :/

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
I went to Gamestop and got my darkrai code. There are 3 other gamestops close to me and am considering going to those for more.

I forgot about the zygarde event so I have to soft reset for a good nature before I claim my Darkrai on my AS cartridge. Will probably settle for just a good nature since I can't synchronize it, whatever the IV's end up that's what it will be.

peterabing

I went to Gamestop and got my darkrai code. There are 3 other gamestops close to me and am considering going to those for more.

I forgot about the zygarde event so I have to soft reset for a good nature before I claim my Darkrai on my AS cartridge. Will probably settle for just a good nature since I can't synchronize it, whatever the IV's end up that's what it will be.

Would you mind getting some codes for me (NTSC) or my buddy (PAL), whichever is compatible? I would really love to get a Darkrai but we don't have access here in our place. :)

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Haven't really done anything of importance. Collected more flags from Secret Bases and harvested the rest of my berries. Haven't done any more training so I will try to get that done later this week.

Alpha Sapphire: Continued on the Pokedex and added the following to it: Gogoat, Dragalge, Clawitzer, Tyrantrum, Aurorus, Sylveon, Sliggoo, Goodra, Avalugg and Noivern. Those were all remaining regular evolutions from Kalos. I also did the stone evolutions from Kalos which wasn't many at all, just three, which added these to the Dex: Florges, Aegislash and Heliolisk. The only ones I have left from the Kalos dex now (and from the entire Pokedex as a whole) are the trade evolutions, which I will do next.

I spent the weekend at my mom's helping her recover from foot surgery, which pulled me away from the games I typically play, so I played some OR instead. I got my Eviolite Doublade up to Lv.100, and my M-Salamence up to Lv.96. I'll round him out to Lv.100 this weekend when I return to my mom's to continue to assist her around the house.

Also, I downloaded the event Zygarde just now, and ended up getting a Jolly one first try, but its Attack stat looks like its IV is probably trash. Am disappoint.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, the first thing I did was EV train my Mawile. After giving it an Effort Ribbon and nickname, I taught it a couple of TM moves and then decided to enter it into a Contest since its current moveset seemed perfect for the Cuteness Contest. I gave it a bunch of Pokeblocks and then entered the Cuteness Master Rank Contest in Lilycove. Mawile got nervous on one turn of the appeal round and couldn't do anything, but it did very well during the other turns and won the Contest easily.

When that was done, I spent some time with Mawile on Pokemon Amie. After that, I started focusing on levelling it up. I did some Secret Base training first, then went to the food court in Mauville City. Finally, I battled several trainers on the routes surrounding Mauville. Mawile learned all the level-up moves I wanted it to know, so now I just have to finish getting it to level 100.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I'm playing through my Alpha Sapphire again in a new file and I left the moving van and visited my room, then I left Littleroot town and saw Birch getting chased by Poochyena next.
- I saved the professor after battling Poochyena with Mudkip and I then set off to find Brendan north of Oldale town. I passed through Oldale and once at Route 103, I defeated Brendan.
- When that task was complete, I visited Birch's lab and he gave me the Pokedex and I got Poke balls as well and I went to Route 102 and caught a Ralts and Zigzagoon as I crossed the grass.