• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Kalosian

So long
Since my last post, I have gotten started on the Super Triple line in the Battle Maison. I entered with my team and won the first 49 battles without major problems. This got me up to a rematch with Dana. I battled her and won, it was not a perfect victory as usual, but the important thing is that I won. Battle Video: SVUG-WWWW-WW48-YYSZ. Continued a little after that and I am now at 70 battles won in a row. Going to continue until I either hit 200 or if I should lose before that.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Trained my Totodile yesterday. I started by EV training it, then did a few Secret Base battles to get it fully evolved into Feraligatr. Once it was fully evolved, I went around the region and visited some new Secret Bases I hadn't gone to yet and battled the owners. After that, I trained in my Blissey bases and against the Elite Four until Feraligatr was level 100.

Next, I went back to the Battle Maison because I wanted to get some quick BP. I decided to do the regular Multi Battles option and entered with Feraligatr and Alakazam. My partner was Wally and his Gallade & Magnezone. The two of us made a pretty good team and were able to get through all 20 battles easily.

Kalosian

So long
Continued in the Battle Maison today, but I didn't get much further. I won a few more battles, then I ended up losing in battle #75. The reason I lost was because of misplay from my side, good moves from my opponent and a little bit of hax. If I had just set up Tailwind at the start, I would probably have won with ease. Battle video: DJXG-WWWW-WW48-P99X. This is the first time I don't reach 200 on Triple as I managed to do that in both X, Y and Omega Ruby on my first try. But it doesn't matter as my goal this time was not to reach 200 but to rather beat Dana and get the monument. Which I did. And since I have won 200 battles in a row on both Super Single and Double, I don't need to try again. I don't really want to either. I have other things that I need to get done. Next up is Super Rotation, though I'm not quite ready to start on it yet. I have yet to plan the team I am going to use for that format, so I'm going to try and get that done quickly. I have at least started on the planning, so that's better than nothing. In the meantime, I have one small thing that I'm going to do, which will take two days to be done. Going to start on it tomorrow.

Vroomer

AS:
Got my monthly event poke.

OR:
Back to hatching Bagon eggs. Full Masuda with Shiny Charm. 120 eggs hatched - no shiny, yet. Taking breaks by flying to Route 119 to horde hunt Oddish's shiny. 0 shiny Oddish.

STS on the Wonder Trade today - received 4 Shiny. Traded one back because it was nicknamed. Released a non-Kalos, previous gen starter poke in a Master Ball.... Kept the Sneasel and Staraptor.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Still catching up on trade shop orders.

I traded 45/93 moonball females away the other day and will hopefully finish up the trading tomorrow. It is a lot to trade at once an I ran out of time.

Currently breeding a 5/6 modest HA skrelp in a dive ball. Hard to get that 5th IV to be perfect but will get it eventually. This is all on alpha sapphire.

DarkSerpent

Silent Observer
Scored the Eon ticket, finally, that took longer than I'd hoped, but I've been a breeding machine on my Y file due to the Shiny Charm and my foreign group of IV Ditto's :3

Kalosian

So long
Did three things today.

First of all, I planted several berries at the berry fields on Route 123 and at two other places. All of them will be done tomorrow evening.

Then I continued with my Super Triple team a little, but for a different purpose and in a different way. I went to a few Blissey Bases and battled the trainers there until all 6 members of the team were at above level 70. Flew to the Battle Resort and went back to the Battle Maison. This time, it was in order to challenge Wally. I beat him with ease, Mega Salamence Vs. Mega Gallade was cool to see even if I had seen it before. I felt a bit overleveled though as his Gallade only was at level 66. I had forgotten that, thought it would be at level 70 or something. Anyway, I'm going to train a bit more tomorrow and then challenge Wally again as he will be even stronger then.

Finally, I have continued planning my team for Super Rotation and I am now almost done with it. Just got a few small details left, most notably nicknames. But apart from them, I am done with the planning. This means I am ready to get started on obtaining the team members which I will get to very soon, though I need to trade and maybe also Bank over some Pokemon I need from other games before I can begin.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
alpha sapphire:

well I have officially completed trading all of the pokemon for my huuuuuuge order of 93 moonball females YAAAAAAY!!!

just waiting on my trade partner to confirm the huge trade is correct but I checked everything pretty thoroughly so all should be good i think.

I finished breeding the perfect HA dive ball skrelp last night and I just have 2 more breeding orders to finish before I can start focusing on my OU singles team. Not really sure what to use here for singles. I haven't done singles since gen 4 so this will be sort of new for me.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I went to the fields near the Berry Master's house as I planted some berries there a couple of days ago and then completely forgot about them. The plants were fully grown and fortunately had a decent number of berries on them. I planted some new berries afterwards and watered them. Hopefully I won't forget about those plants...

After that, I returned to the Battle Resort. I wanted to breed for a Sunkern, since Sunflora's design is awesome, so I put my Apricorn (Lure iirc) Ball Sunkern in the Day Care and started hatching eggs. Managed to hatch a perfect Sunkern quickly and tutored Earth Power onto it right away. Then, I EV trained it and used a Sun Stone to evolve it into Sunflora.

Next, I entered Sunflora in a Beauty Contest. I destroyed the competition in the first round as usual, but didn't score as well during the appeals as I'd hoped (may have even come last in that round). That was a little disappointing, but Sunflora still won overall.
With that done, I then trained Sunflora until it was level 45.

Kalosian

So long
Did a bunch of things today too. To start with, something unexpected happened. Unless I am battling in the Battle Maison, I always start the day in the game by going to my Secret Base and let all of five of my secret pals use the Pick Something Up skill twice. Today, one of them gave me a Master Ball through that. It was a very unexpected but positive surprise, hadn't expected it to happen even if I knew there was a small chance.

Continued with other things. I trained my Super Triple team a little more so that all of them were at a level above 80. Went to the Battle Resort and the Battle Maison to challenge Wally again and won once more. His Gallade was at level 81 this time, just the way I wanted. I will battle him again in the future but for now, I am going to focus on other things.

Did several more preparations for my Super Rotation team. I caught a bunch of trade fodder and did several trades with X, traded over several Pokemon I will need for the breeding. Then I flew to Sootopolis and caught a Magikarp which I will also need. Still got a few more preparations left to do though, will do them tomorrow.

All of the berries I had planted were done today too, so I harvested them. Will plant more tomorrow.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Harvested my berry plants today and got quite a lot of berries from them. I then planted some more berries and watered them.

After that, I continued training my Sunflora. I did some Secret Base training and got it up to the mid 80s or so before switching to rematches against the Elite Four and regular trainers. Had quite a bit of fun using Sunflora in battle, which I hadn't really done before. I finished levelling Sunflora to level 100 with a few more Secret Base battles.

Did a few small things after all that. I got another PP Up from the lottery and obtained some free berries from NPCs. Finally, I returned to my berry plots to water my plants again.

Zealot

Basically finished the game. Nothing much to do apart from Battle Spot, I guess. Took on 7 random players today and defeated 4 of them. Lol

Kalosian

So long
Today, I did a bit of breeding in preparation for my upcoming team. I had two targets to hatch. Started with the first of them, which was Spritzee. I quickly got what I wanted, a Specially Flawless Male Spritzee. Along the way, I had been keeping a Cleffa with a Soothe Bell in my party in order to raise its Friendship. Doing so turned out to be enough to get it to the Friendship level I wanted, so I let it gain a few levels and it evolved into Clefairy.

Continued with my second target, which was Phantump. I managed to hatch what I wanted with ease this time too, a Male Phantump with IVs of 31/31/31/x/31/0. Now that I had both the Pokemon I needed, I continued by training them a bit. I trained Spritzee until it reached level 25 and learned Aromatherapy, then I trained Phantump to level 23 so it learned Leech Seed. With that, all preparations were done and I can get started on my first real target tomorrow.

I also planted several new berries today, all which will be done tomorrow.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went back to my berry plots first thing today. Most of my plants were grown, so I harvested them and planted new berries in their place.

Next, I used Wonder Trade to get rid of some of the remaining Eevee, Totodile, and Sunkern that I'd hatched. The best thing I received was a shiny Gligar. Didn't notice it was shiny at first, so I was quite surprised when I noticed the red star on its summary page. I don't plan on using it for anything as I already have a Gliscor, but it'll be part of my shiny collection.

After that, I bred my Love Ball Oddish that came from my HeartGold. I was hoping to hatch a perfect Love Ball Oddish to raise into Bellossom, but I ended up with two perfect Oddish so I decided that I was going to train a Vileplume as well. I EV trained the two Oddish together and then worked on preparing the future Bellossom one for a Contest. I picked the Cleverness Contest and managed to secure a close win after kind of sucking in the appeals.

Once that was done, I levelled up my Oddish twins until they learned the level up moves I wanted them to know. Then, I fully evolved them into Bellossom and Vileplume. I played with both of them on Pokemon Amie afterwards to increase their Affection. I did the Head It minigame on unlimited several times and had an amazing run where I got a new high score with a 516 combo. Previously, my best combo was just over 250 balls of yarn in a row.

Finally, I did some more training and got both Pokemon to level 64. Next time, I'll finish training them and also enter Vileplume in a Contest.

Zealot

I did some box cleaning earlier today. I just had to get rid off my extra (and by extra I mean 2 boxes of) Chikorita, so I sent some of them over Wonder Trade. Got nothing exciting in return. No shiny, whatsoever. But then again, I am not much interested with shiny Pokemon. The rest, I released them. :(

I battled with a couple of trainers via Battle Spot, too. Throughout the series of battles, I used my Prankster Thundurus, Skill Link Cinccino, and Sap Sipper Goodra. I had little faith with my Goodra, but then it turned out to be my late-game sweeper after my opponents had taken down my other two Pokemon. <3

Kalosian

So long
Got started on the real breeding today. The first Pokemon to breed for the team was Cleffa, and I got my target on the 5th egg, which was faster than I had expected. It was a Specially Flawless Cleffa with its Hidden Ability Friend Guard as well as the egg move Aromatherapy. This is the first of four members for the team. Going to continue with the next one tomorrow.

All of the berries I had planted yesterday were done today, so I harvested them. With this, I have more than 20 of every kind of berry that I have on this game, so I will not plant any more berries for a while now since I believe this will be more than enough to make Pokeblocks for my future contest teams.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
I have caught up with all of my breeding orders on my trade shop. I have four pending trades from my shop and one from someone elses shop so I have quite a bit of trading left to do but the breeding part is over.

Now in my spare time I have like 7 or 8 boxes of leftover eggs to hatch to see if I got any shinies. Unfortunately I don't have a way to check TSV numbers otherwise that would be a great opportunity! So i will just be hatching them all to see if I got any MM shinies! It will take a while but I just started watching Star Trek Voyager so that will keep me entertained while hatching. This is all on Alpha Sapphire my new main breeding cartridge.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I made some more Pokeblocks and then gave them to Vileplume. Next, I taught a few TMs to Vileplume and entered it in the Master Rank Beauty Contest right after. I did well in both parts of the Contest and won by quite a lot.

After that, I continued training my Vileplume and Bellossom. I got them up into the 80s by defeating some more Blissey in Secret Bases. Then, I did my Elite Four run and used Vileplume & Bellossom in some of the battles - they did quite well. After the Hall of Fame, I finished training the two of them up to level 100.

Other than that, I used my pals' skills at my Secret Base and got another PP Up from the lottery. Then, I harvested some berry plants, planted new ones, and watered them all.

Kalosian

So long
Did more breeding today, my target for today was Charmander. Just like yesterday, I hatched the one I wanted surprisingly quickly. On the very first egg, I got my target, which was an Adamant Physically Flawless Charmander with the egg move Dragon Dance. It was surprising to get it so fast since I thought I would have to breed for a bit longer before getting it, but I'm very happy about getting it directly. Going to continue with the next one tomorrow. I have also finally decided the nicknames for all members of this team so all the details about them are now fully planned.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Picked a whole bunch of berries today, then planted more. I'll probably be growing berries for quite a while as the ones I've grown recently are fast(er) growing berries - haven't gotten around to the slow growing ones yet.

After that, I flew to Lilycove and checked my PC boxes to see which of my Pokemon hadn't won a Master Rank Contest yet. There were several that didn't have a Contest ribbon, but I decided to just get one for Scizor today. I made quite a few Pokeblocks using the berries I've been growing and gave some of them to Scizor before entering it in a Cleverness Contest. Scizor did well for the most part, only having a hard time during the last turn of the appeals when it got nervous. It won comfortably.

Once the Contest finished, I went over to the department store. I scored yet another PP Up from the lottery and then headed to the floor where vitamins were sold. I bought some of each type since I had a lot of money, then sold all the nuggets, pearls, etc. I had.