• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

- I continued leveling up my team for my gym battle against Norman.
- Then I evolved my Kirlia into Gallade, along with teaching it some better moves to compliment it's physical attacking stat (those moves being Drain Punch, Thunder Punch (Battle Resort move tutors (I had to trade Gallade to OR to do this)), Night Slash and Slash through the move re-learner. I'll be keeping Thunder Punch and Drain Punch, definitely

I was hoping to get more than this done, including actually battling Norman, and getting to the point where I get to utilize Mega Evolution.

- Croconaw (Lv.27)
- Gallade (Lv. 27)
- Manectric (Lv. 27)
- Skarmory (Lv. 27)
- Anorith (Lv. 27)
- Combusken (Lv. 27)

Note: I temporarily have Hariyama on my team though, just so I have an extra fighting type with a few decent moves on it (Vital Throw and Arm Thrust), because I don't think Combuskens Double Kick will be quite powerful enough here.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
A few months ago, I tried to catch Deoxys for a second time and went prepared, with nearly all types of strategies for its capture. So I was relying on timer balls, Capture O-power and usage of other balls and items for my pokemon just to fill the turns, and out of self deprication, shnits and giggles I went to use plain pokeballs and surprise, surprise I caught it. With a poke ball!

Kalosian

So long
Omega Ruby: Today, I went out on a mission to catch at least 50 different Pokemon. I went to various early routes in the game and caught everything I ran into, caught more than 50 Pokemon in total. It wasn't hard, but it took a bit of time. Did a Game Sync when I was done and I had obtained one new Medal, which was Mighty Fisher. Which means I don't need to do any more fishing here. Didn't get the one for catching 50 Pokemon in one day but that's okay since I didn't get it until the day after in AS, expecting the same thing to happen here so I'll do another Game Sync tomorrow.

Alpha Sapphire: Continued at the Battle Institute today, did the two final tests. The first one didn't go well as I lost one of the battles which gave me a quite low score. I still managed to get the Elite Rank though, which was a bit surprising. The second test went much better, I won all five battles without problems. I got the Master Rank and my best score yet, quite a bit above 6500. Did a Game Sync afterwards, and I had unlocked the following Medals: Battle Institute Challenger, Battle Test Beginner, Battle Test Normal, Battle Test Pro, Battle Test Master and Battle Institute Champion. Just the ones I wanted. With that, I am completely done with the Battle Institute. On this game, and on 6th Gen in general. I have nothing more to get from it so I see no reason to return to it on any of my games.

With all of this done, I have 124 Medals on both of my games. I have obtained most of the ones I was going to try and get but I still have a few more left to get before I consider myself done with them. Will start on getting more tomorrow.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I finished crossing Route 121 and passed by the Safari Zone, which I now visited cuz I had an interest in filling up my Dex hee hee. I caught some pokemon in the park, then I went out.
- I passed through the thick grass outside of Lilycove and when I was finally in the city, I exchanged pokemon in the pokemon center and explored the coastal areas and saw Brendan.
- I defeated Brendan and gained access into the department store. I shopped inside and then saw Team Aqua guys in the eastern side of town and I quickly set off to Mt Pyre now. ^^

- I started off by battling Norman, and won my fifth badge. He fainted my Gallade so my Hariyama won me the match in the end.
- Before exploring more of Route 118, even before meeting up with Steven on that route, I went and caught Wailmer to add to my team
- After that, I went and met up with Steven who took me to Southern Island to stop Team Aqua. I then added Latias to my team, but I put her in the PC because I had no plans of using her. I was planning on using Latios instead. At this point, I "had"* all the Pokemon I was looking for for my planned team.
- I then proceeded to explore what I had left of the wast coast of Route 118, even exploring that first little bit of route 123, where I came across the berry field. Now I'll no longer have to walk around most of the region checking my plants.
- After Route 118 I took a look around Route 119, where I eventually came to the Weather Institute that Team Aqua was causing some trouble.
- I battle Team Aqua Admin Shelly, and stopped Team Aqua from doing evil things at the Weather Institute. I then received a Castform.
- I then decided to level up my team a bit before battling May for the third time, where I won (obviously)

I still have a little bit more of route 119 to check out, but I'll do that tomorrow,

* - A few at this point weren't evolved all the way quite yet, though.

Team so far:

- Latios (Lv.30)**
- Gallade (Lv. 30)**
- Wailmer (Lv. 30)
- Skarmory (Lv. 30)
- Anorith (Lv. 30)
- Combusken (Lv. 30)

** - Holding their respective Mega Stones

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I didn't have time to do too much on my game, so the only thing I did was check on my remaining berry plants. They were all fully grown, so I harvested all the berries. Didn't plant any new ones as I'm done with berry growing for the moment.

Today, I used Wonder Trade to give away some Clauncher and Pichu. Got the usual stuff in return for the most part - starters, Route 101 encounters, etc. The most interesting thing I got was probably a Goldeen named Seaking lol. Oh, I also got a Turtwig with good IVs, so I might keep it and breed it eventually.

After that, I looked through my PC to find Pokemon that didn't have a Contest ribbon yet and found my Houndoom. I entered it in a Coolness Master Rank Contest after maxing out several of its Contest stats and going to the move re-learner to change its moveset around. The Contest wasn't that bad and I managed to get 4-5 hearts per turn in the talent round, though I just barely missed out on getting the bonus from the crowd twice, which sucked. But in the end, I still managed to barely eek out a win and get the ribbon for Houndoom.

Kalosian

So long
Started today by doing a Game Sync on Omega Ruby, and I had unlocked the Capturing Spree Medal now, just like I wanted and expected. Now I never have to catch 50 Pokemon in one day again... until S/M, since I guess it will be kept for those games. Continued with some other things. Next up on these games, I am going to do a lot of Link battles, I need to do 100 in total in order to get all the medals you can get for that. Unlike what I did on X/Y, I will simply do them between both of my games since I don't have the time (technically I might do, but whatever) or motivation to make actual serious online teams and do a lot of online battles this time around. I have done it once this generations, and that feels enough. There are other reasons as well, but I won't get into them now.

I started having Link battles between my games, doing them as quickly as possible since I don't want them to take more time than necessary. I did a total of 25 battles today. Afterwards, I also went to various Secret Bases and battled the owners in them. Many of them had legendaries on their teams, while others had really weak Pokemon. Some didn't have the Level release item so several battles became very unfair. I battled a total of 5 Secret Base owners on each game today. Going to do more things tomorrow.

Snivy18

Over the past couple of days, I've been dexnav hunting for Pokemon in routes 101-113 and Granite Cave and Jagged Pass to complete the Pokedex. Along with this, I've been constantly battling with trainers to level up the Pokemon that I need to evolve to fill in Pokedex data. And now, I'm currently trying to find a Shiny Latios from the Eon Ticket event, and as of this post, I'm at 685 Run Away's. Wish me luck! :D

- Checked out the remainder of Route 119 that I didn't get to check out the last time
- Poked around Fortree City, including the Secret Base Guild
- Went up to where Steven gives me the Devon Scope on Route 120, I then investigated the Scorched Slab for any items I could find.
- Battled the trainers in Fortree gym to level up my Pokemon for the gym battle

Team so far:

- Latios (Lv. 31)**
- Gallade (Lv. 31)**
- Wailmer (Lv. 30)
- Skarmory (Lv. 30)
- Anorith (Lv. 30)
- Combusken (Lv. 30)

Kalosian

So long
Started today by having more Link battles between my games. I had 25 today too, which puts me at a total of 50. After that, I went around Hoenn and battled trainers in various Secret Bases once again on both of my games. I saw mostly the same things as yesterday, some legendaries, some weak Pokemon and even some shinies. One of the teams I faced felt really dedicated and serious which was really cool.

Did a Game Sync on both games afterwards, I had unlocked the following Medals: Link Battle Amateur, Link Battle Pioneer and Link Battle Expert. Just the ones I wanted. Now I just need to do 50 more Link battles, then I'll be done. I will probably not have a lot of time to play tomorrow but I'm hoping to be done with the Link battles in 2-3 days. Will also continue battling trainers in Secret Bases.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I visited Mt Pyre when I had finished surfing and I went through the interior and caught a Duskull and defeated trainers. I focused on leveling up Duskull as I went to the summit.
- I crossed the thick fog and won against some Team Aqua guys as I climbed to the mountain graveyard's shrine and I saw Archie and Matt there. Archie escaped and I defeated Matt.
- I was too late to save an orb, but I was entrusted with the other one and I went to Slateport city and saw Team Aqua stealing Stern's submarine. I then did some shopping and flew off.

- Started by continuing leveling my team before taking on the gym
- Challenged the gym and won on the first try. I thought for sure I would have to restart at least once
- Investigated the remaining parts of Route 120 that I didn't investigate before
- From there I looked around route 121 up until the way to Mt. Pyre, where I deiced to go before going to Lilycove
- I made my way to the top of Mt. Pyre where I ran into Team Aqua, but I decided to level up my team a bit more, since Matt's Sharpedo was taking out my Gallade in two Slashs.

Team so far:

- Latios (Lv. 31)**
- Gallade (Lv. 32)**
- Wailmer (Lv. 31)
- Skarmory (Lv. 31)
- Anorith (Lv. 32)
- Combusken (Lv. 32)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Today, I downloaded the Wonder Card for the event Victini through Mystery Gift. I didn't do much other than having a battle on Battle Spot. At first, the game wouldn't let me pair up with a Trainer, which meant I had to try again. After one more try, I managed to pair up with someone who seemingly lacked much skill in battle and I chose Rotom Wash, Sylveon and Chansey for battle. My opponent led with Blaziken which used Protect so that it could gain Speed from Speed Boost. A bit later, I Volt Switched into Chansey in an effort to stall the opposing Lugia out after Blaziken Baton Passed its Speed increases to Lugia.

Sometime later, Blaziken was switched into battle by my opponent and I switched into its Protect with Sylveon using prediction. It used Blaze Kick and did 50% damage on Sylveon, who OHKOed Blaziken with Hyper Voice. After that, I took down Lugia with Chansey stall and Chansey also took out Thundurus-T, sealing me the win. After the battle, I saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Did a few quick things on my game tonight. First, I used Mystery Gift to download the new Victini event. After picking up the Victini at the nearest Pokemon Center, I used Pokemon Amie to feed and pet it for a while since it was a pretty cute Pokemon.

Next, I used my Eon Flute and went soaring. I quickly spotted and landed on a Mirage Island, where I found a hidden Pearl.

Finally, I returned to Lilycove. At the department store, I won another PP Up from the lottery.

Kalosian

So long
Today, I started by downloading the Event Victini and Darkrai to all four of my 6th gen games. I'm really liking all the Wi-Fi Events we get this year, looking forward to the rest of them as well. I also obtained Enigma Berries thanks to the Darkrai, will probably plant more of them here on OR/AS later on, but not on X/Y.

Then I have also continued doing other things on these games. I have had 40 more Link battles between my games during the past two days. Just 10 left now, will get them done tomorrow. I have also battled a few more trainers in Secret Bases, 5 on each game. Would have wanted to do more but haven't had the time for it. I have realized that I actually like it a lot since many people use Pokemon that are rarely seen in other areas of the games, most notably legendaries and Mega Evolutions. I met stuff like Meloetta, Kyurem-B, Mega Rayquaza and Ho-Oh today, it was really cool.

- Finished leveling up my party for my battle against Team Aqua Admin Matt, who I then proceeded to battle and won against.
- Then I made my way to Lilycove, where I battled May again for the final time until the end of the game

That's pretty much all I did that go around, I'll get more done tomorrow

Team so far:

- Latios (Lv. 35)**
- Gallade (Lv. 35)**
- Wailmer (Lv. 35)
- Skarmory (Lv. 35)
- Anorith (Lv. 35)
- Combusken (Lv. 35)

Kalosian

So long
Started by having 10 more Link battles between my games. This brought my total up to 100, so I am now done with this. I don't think I'll ever have any more Link battles on these games, and I won't try online battling here unlike what I did on X/Y since I don't feel like it and I don't think I will have time either. Continued by going around to various Secret Bases that I had obtained, battled 10 more Secret Base trainers. Then I did a Game Sync on both games. I had obtained the Born to Battle Medal on both of them for having had 100 Link battles. I still need to do more Secret Base battles though, so I'll continue with that next.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I finished stuff in Slateport and went to Lilycove again cuz Team Aqua was up to some shenanigans at their secret headquarters hee hee. I surfed inside and battled the Aqua grunts.
- I found Archie's chamber, grabbed a Master Ball and now I found five Aqua girls. I defeated them, fought Matt the admin, but Team Aqua's stolen submarine still managed to escape.
- I was now in hot pursuit of those guys as I crossed the sea between Lilycove and Mossdeep. I defeated trainers, visited Shoal Cave and then landed in Mossdeep and began healing.

- I took a look around Lilycove City, going in to buildings and collecting any items I could, hidden or otherwise
- I then went to the Safari Zone to see where I could get just using the Mach Bike. I still have to look around with just the Acro Bike, though
- Then I Checked out the rest of Route 123, where I battled an Ace Trainer that caused my Combusken to evolve
- I went to Slateport City to find that Team Aqua stole the submarine that Captain Stern needed to use
- I went back to Lilycove city to investigate Team Aquas hideout, where I learn what they plan to use the submarine for

Team so far:

- Latios (Lv. 36)**
- Gallade (Lv. 36)**
- Wailmer (Lv. 36)
- Skarmory (Lv. 36)
- Anorith (Lv. 35)
- Blaziken (Lv. 36)**

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I got around to breeding for my next Pokemon. I looked through my Pokedex to help me decide which Pokemon to raise and eventually picked Octillery. Before breeding for one, though, I wanted to catch one in an interesting Poke Ball to pass down (I've grown to really like breeding Pokemon in specific Poke Balls!). I did have a female Octillery in my PC in a Net Ball, but I already had lots of Water Pokemon in Net Balls, so that was too boring. Anyway, I flew to the Battle Resort and encountered a wild female Octillery using the Dex Nav. I ended up catching it in a Premier Ball as I didn't have too many Pokemon in that type of ball.

Once I had the Octillery, I dumped it in the Day Care with Ditto and started hatching eggs. I hatched a bunch of Premier Ball Remoraid and kept replacing my non-Ditto parent in the Day Care with Remoraid with better and better IVs. Soon, I hatched a perfect Remoraid with all the perfect IVs I wanted.

Didn't feel like training my Remoraid or anything today, so I just saved then and will train it next time.