• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

I've gotten Kusanagi, my HA Samurott, up into the 80's over the past couple of days, and I'm still plugging and chugging away at the EXP grind. There was a bit of a mishap in my apartment this morning, which has my full attention until it's resolved, but once that's done, I'll likely get back to spamming secret base battles and Trainer's Eyes rematches until Kusanagi is Lv.100.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I've gotten my two newest team members, Solaris the Ninetales and Lilac the Roserade, up to around Lv. 75 recently. (Solaris managed to OHKO Steven's Metagross despite a six-level disadvantage – that's my girl! I never cease to be surprised at how big a difference EV training can make.) I've been putting off getting them the rest of the way to 100, thanks to my Y Badge Quest, but I'm going to try and level them some more today.

Kalosian

So long
Continued with the EV-training today. On Omega Ruby, I EV-trained Ralts and Cottonee. On Alpha Sapphire, I EV-trained Slurpuff and Mareep. With that, all members of both teams are fully EV-trained, so it is now done. Now I just have one more thing left to do before the real training can start, will begin with that tomorrow.

I have also played more attractions on the PGL. I played a total of 20 times on each game, bringing my total to 50. Now I'm halfway done and I still have 4 days left... I should be able to get it done in time. I'm not very happy about how the PGL site occasionally lags and has long loading times, it's making me stressed since I want this to be done quickly. But soon I won't have to deal with it anymore, looking forward to it.

Decided to play some other attractions than just the balloon game this time around, played the doll grabber and mine cart attractions a little but I'm waiting with writing down my thoughts on all of the minigames until I am done with it here or gets a chance to post in the X/Y thread. Will most likely continue with the balloon game as much as possible anyway since it takes the least time to complete.

Also had to do a Game Sync on both games since the list of items I had obtained had became full. Upon doing this, I unlocked two new medals on both games. Those were the
PokéMileage Club First Play and 10 PokéMileage Club Plays, since I have now played both one and 10 times in total. Still need to play 100 times in total in order to get the final medal, and I'm getting there.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I went to a few places around Hoenn to get some berries from NPCs. I considered planting some berries to grow more, but then decided not to as I don't think I'll have the time to water them regularly.

After that, I returned to the Battle Resort to continue my current streak at the Battle Maison. I only had time to do six battles, the first five of which weren't too bad. The last battle, though, was a tough one for me. I remember that it came down to just my Garchomp against the opponent's...Eelektross, I think it was. The battle ended with a double KO where Eelektross knocked Garchomp out with Crunch, only to faint from my Rough Skin. I'm really glad they give you the win in cases like that!
So, I got to 21 wins and stopped there for the moment.

I finally finished levelling my Samurott a little while ago; it feels good to have him at Lv.100!

I think that my next breeding project will be my pre-built teammates for Sun version. Most of them I got from trades, but I like to be able to nickname my teammates, so since they really don't need anything more than what they already have, it's a simple matter of reproducing the nature, HA, and whatever egg moves they have, all with my trainer ID data. It shouldn't take too overlong, but HAs can be a pain to breed for, sometimes. Anyway, I should be able to get it done by today, so here goes nothing! Wish me luck!

EDIT: Aaaaaand, done! That was fast! I even managed to hatch a Tyrunt with max IVs in HP, Atk, SAtk, and Spd!

As far as nicknames go, I named my Klink Overclock, my Inkay Tentacular, my Fletchling Phoenicia, my Squirtle Yoshio'ori, and my Tyrunt Indominous. I'll name my Rowlet Legolas if it's male or Levistra if it's female, and then that'll round out my Sun team!

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Today, I started playing with my teams in Pokemon-Amie in order to max their affection, which will be the last thing I do with them before the real training begins. The last time I played in Pokemon-Amie was when I had to evolve an Eevee into Sylveon on Alpha Sapphire for Pokedex purposes, and before that, I had played with my in-game team in the same game in order to max their affection. Which was back in February, so it was quite a few months ago. I think Pokemon-Amie is a great feature but I haven't used it much lately, sadly. I just haven't had the time or need for it.

Anyway, played a bit today. Before starting, I read a guide regarding how to do it more efficiently since I thought there might exist better ways than how I had previously done it. That turned out to be the case, and the new method goes a little faster than my previous one, though it doesn't make that much of a difference, maybe 5 minutes at most. Chances are I might try both methods alongside each other during the rest of this if I feel like it. Either way, I got started. I maxed the affection of Mudkip and Bagon in Omega Ruby, Torchic and Beldum in Alpha Sapphire. Mudkip and Torchic were both adorable to see and play with. Makes me wish I had played with more Pokemon in Amie, but I guess it isn't too late for that. I'm also curious as for how Beldum eats since it has no visible mouth. It's a mystery among many others in the Pokemon World. Will continue with other team members tomorrow.

I have also played a bit more in the PGL. Played 30 attractions on each game, bringing my total for each game to 80. Just 20 left, will get them done during the weekend. Today, I tried the graffiti minigame a little, so I have now tried all attractions, and on all levels too. I will only do the balloon one for the rest of the times I have left to play since it takes the least time to complete, but now I have at least tried the others as well. I also had to do one more Game Sync since my item list got full yet again. One of the last ones since this will all soon be over.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today at the Battle Maison, I fought 15 more trainers. This time, I found the battles quite easy. I didn't struggle too much in any of them and finished several battles with all four of my Pokemon still alive. I only had one battle where I got down to just one Pokemon, but even then I didn't think I was in much trouble.

After reaching 36 wins, I stopped and left the Maison to go soaring. I landed on a Mirage Island and found a hidden Pearl. Then, I updated my BuzzNav and got a few more Mirage Spots as a result. I then spent some time visiting all of them. One of the spots appeared to be one that I had never been to before as I found a Full Restore item ball on the ground. That was a little odd, since I was sure that I'd already gone to all of the Mirage Spots, but I guess not.

Paramedic

Caught Regice, Regirock and Registeel. I was surprised since I caught Regice after only 4 Quick Balls. Battling in the Battle Resort in Super Double Battles (reached 18 straight wins however I lost then :(), after I defeated yesterday the Double Battles with 20 straight wins. I also went hunting for the remaining Legendaries so after I caught the 3 Regi's I'm going to catch Regigigas tomorrow and Deoxys. I'm still looking for other Legends such as Arceus, Articuno, Celebi, Dialga, Jirachi, Kyurem, Kyogre, Lugia, Latias, Manaphy, Mew, Moltres; Shaymin, Thundurus, Xerneas, Zapdos and Zekrom to complete my Pokedex.

Kalosian

So long
Done quite a bit of things here. Will separate my post in two parts to make it more organized.

To start with, I continued playing with my teams in Pokemon-Amie to max their affection. I maxed the affection of all remaining members of each team. Electrike, Whismur, Ralts and Cottonee on Omega Ruby, Vullaby, Kangaskhan, Slurpuff and Mareep on Alpha Sapphire. Out of them, Mareep was a bit tricky as its electric wool made it hard to pet. Anyway, with that over, all members of both teams were fully EV-trained and had maxed affection, so I could get started on the real training. I have trained both teams a bit for the past two days, they are now all at level 20 or above. I have 22 days left before they need to be done, so I am going to be done with it in time, I just know it.

Going to include my teams in every post from now on until they are done, with nicknames as well because it is fun.

Omega Ruby Team:
259.png
Sky Ocean - level 22
371.png
Asarakam - level 20
309.png
Synthesia - level 20
294.png
Discordance - level 22
281.png
Serenity - level 20
546.png
Cloud Lining - level 20

Alpha Sapphire Team:
256.png
Firestorm - level 22
375.png
Mastery Core- level 20
629.png
Andrea - level 20
115.png
Canberra - level 20
685.png
Pixelcake - level 21
180.png
Draconance - level 22

Some thoughts and comments about them so far:

Sky Ocean is pretty good, STAB Waterfall helps a lot. He evolved into Marshtomp at level 16, I soared to the Battle Resort and taught him Ice Punch by Move Tutor afterwards.
Asarakam isn't quite the strongest yet, but still pretty good. He will be my flyer eventually, but needs to be fully evolved first.
Synthesia is the only on this team who has completed her moveset as all the moves she had to learn had to be taught by TM or Move Tutor. This has made her quite strong, and she is going to evolve soon as well.
Discordance is pretty good and has been easy to grind so far. He evolved into Loudred at level 20. He is going to be my surfer on this game, but sadly, he won't be able to learn Surf until he is fully evolved so I'm not sure how I'll do once I get to the water routes.
Serenity is a somewhat weird case as he won't get strong until he is fully evolved. Which is going to happen soon, fortunately. Switching to all-physical is going to help him a lot. So far, he evolved into Kirlia at level 20.
Cloud Lining is rather weak but easy-grinded. He hasn't learned a single one of his final moves yet, but I taught him Dazzling Gleam to have until he learns Moonblast at a later level.

Firestorm is pretty good, Speed Boost helps to make him faster than everything. He evolved into Combusken at level 16, and I went to the Battle Resort to teach him Thunder Punch afterwards. I temporarily taught him Flame Charge until he learns his desired final move, just so he could have a Physical Fire move.
Mastery Core was a pain to train before evolving into Metang at level 20. After that, I taught it Iron Head, Thunder Punch and Ice Punch by Move Tutor, and Earthquake by TM, completing its moveset. It should be easier to train now that it can battle more effectively.
Andrea is unfortunately not that strong, it will take a while before she evolves, and she won't be that much stronger afterwards either. But she is great defensively and can use Roost to recover HP if needed, which is never bad.
Canberra is already quite strong and will stay that way.
Pixelcake is quite good, he is also the only one that is fully evolved (technically together with Canberra, though she doesn't evolve at all). He has also completed his moveset as all his moves had to be learned through TM/HM.
Draconance has been easy-grinded so far, he only has Thunderbolt as a useable move so far which makes him dead weight against Ground-types, but will be able to take on everything later on. He also evolved into Flaaffy at level 15.

-----------------------

I have also continued in the PGL. Played attractions 21 more times, brining my total to 101. Like on X/Y, I played 1 extra time just to be sure. Then I did another game Sync and obtained all the items in my games. I also unlocked the Medal I was after: 100 PokéMileage Club Plays. I'm glad I got it. This was the final Medal I got on these games. I managed to get 133 Medals in total on both games, which I am happy about. Like on X/Y, I will do a list of all Medals I didn't get once the PGL has closed down next month.

Finally, I used up my remaining Poke Miles to buy items. Bought 3 Ability Capsules on Omega Ruby just for fun, then 18 PP Ups and some minor items. On Alpha Sapphire, I bought 20 PP Ups to start with, but realized my mistake immediately afterwards as I should have bought a Rare Candy first since I had an odd number of Poke Miles here. Now I had one extra left once I had bought everything I could. But it doesn't matter, I don't really mind it. Now I have zero or next to zero Poke Miles left on either account, and it will have to stay that way forever. And I will never use the 6th Gen PGL anymore either, though apart from the Medal System, I won't miss it much.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I used my Eon Flute to visit another Mirage Spot. I landed on the spot I had today, think it was a cave, and found a Deep Sea Tooth. Then, I went back into the sky and flew into some bird flocks to see what I could find. Just found a couple of Taillow, which I just ran from since they weren't too interesting.

After that, I flew back to the Battle Resort. I decided I should breed for another Pokemon, since I still have some empty slots in my current PC box of bred Pokemon, so I went to the Day Care and looked through my PC for Pokemon to breed. I eventually settled on breeding for a Poliwag that will become a Politoed. So, I stuck the Politoed I already had in the Day Care with a Ditto and hatched five Poliwag eggs. Didn't have time to do anything else after that, so I'll check their IVs and continue breeding next time.

Kalosian

So long
Continued with the training today. Forgot to mention one thing in my last post: before I started the training, I gave each member of both teams a Lucky Egg and made sure the Exp. Share was turned on in order to make the training as efficient as possible (the way I'm doing it, at least).

On Omega Ruby, lots of things happened. Sky Ocean learned Rock Slide at level 28, and I taught him Bulldoze as a secondary STAB move until he learns Earthquake at a later level. Asarakam learned Dragon Claw at level 29 and evolved into Shelgon at level 30. Synthesia evolved into Manectric at level 26. I used a Dawn Stone on Serenity to evolve him into Gallade once he had reached level 24, then I soared to the Battle Resort to teach him Drain Punch and Knock Off through Move Tutor. He also learned Swords Dance at level 26. Cloud Lining learned Giga Drain at level 26, I used a Sun Stone to evolve him into Whimsicott afterwards. Then I also taught him Shadow Ball through TM, and he learned Tailwind at level 28.

Considerably fewer things happened on Alpha Sapphire. The only thing of note that happened here was that Draconance evolved into Ampharos at level 30. I flew to Fallarbor and taught him Dragon Pulse through the Move Relearner afterwards.

Going to continue during the rest of the week, though I don't think I will have time to play tomorrow.

Omega Ruby Team:
259.png
Sky Ocean - level 31
372.png
Asarakam - level 30
310.png
Synthesia - level 30
294.png
Discordance - level 32
475.png
Serenity - level 30
547.png
Cloud Lining - level 30

Alpha Sapphire Team:
256.png
Firestorm - level 31
375.png
Mastery Core- level 30
629.png
Andrea - level 30
115.png
Canberra - level 30
685.png
Pixelcake - level 30
181.png
Draconance - level 31

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I Wonder Traded away some breedject Zorua yesterday. Before connecting to the internet to do that, though, I tapped the mailbox icon on my BuzzNav so I could get the new info from connecting to the internet. And as it turns out...*drumroll*...I got an Eon Ticket!

So now I'm sitting around on Southern Island SRing for a Shiny Latios. I've got a Timid Synchronize Umbreon heading up my team, an Absol with a catching moveset, and 200 Net Balls, so hopefully I'll be able to catch it when it eventually appears.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I checked the IVs of the Poliwag I hatched yesterday and found one that had four flawless IVs. I put that one in the Day Care and started collecting more eggs. The first two batches of eggs I hatched produced Poliwag with several 31s, but not in all five of the stats I wanted to be perfect. After that, I decided to hatch one more set of five eggs and ended up with three Poliwag with perfect IV spreads! Haven't decided which one of the three I will raise yet, though I'll do it first thing next time.

Paramedic

Caught Latias, Regigigas and Landorus today! Have a spare Latias now so if anyone is looking for a trade, let me know. I'm also going to evolve my Golbat to a Crobat soon I hope.

Kalosian

So long
Trained my teams even further today. I wanted to even out all of their levels, which I would have to do later on anyway, but decided to start on it today in order to hopefully make things a little more balanced from this point on. I got all members of both teams to exactly level 40. Some things happened along the way. On Omega Ruby, Sky Ocean evolved into Swampert at level 36. Discordance evolved into Exploud at level 40, I taught him Surf afterwards, so now I can Surf wherever I need here again. Serenity learned Psycho Cut at level 31, completing his moveset. On Alpha Sapphire, Firestorm evolved into Blaziken at level 36. I went to the move relearner and taught him Fire Punch afterwards, completing his moveset. Canberra learned Crunch at level 37, completing her moveset. And lastly, Draconance learned Power Gem at level 35. Going to continue tomorrow, I have done a lot of the training already but I still have a bit left until I am done.

Omega Ruby Team:
260.png
Sky Ocean - level 40
372.png
Asarakam - level 40
310.png
Synthesia - level 40
295.png
Discordance - level 40
475.png
Serenity - level 40
547.png
Cloud Lining - level 40

Alpha Sapphire Team:
Blazekicken%20fixed_zpsgrs16pqx.png
Firestorm - level 40
375.png
Mastery Core- level 40
629.png
Andrea - level 40
115.png
Canberra - level 40
685.png
Pixelcake - level 40
181.png
Draconance - level 40

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I picked the Poliwag I wanted to raise. I decided that I wanted to raise one with Swift Swim as I've never really used Drizzle Politoed and I'd like to get some use out of it. Two of my three perfect IV Poliwag had Swift Swim, but I just picked the first one I hatched just because.

Anyway, I started raising my chosen Poliwag today by getting its EV training done. After that, I played with it on Pokemon Amie for a little while, though I didn't have time to raise its Affection as much as I wanted to. Will have to finish that next time.

Kalosian

So long
I have continued with the training. Got all members of both teams to level 60. Starting from level 50, I have started battling against trainers instead of wild Pokemon. It is going pretty smooth so far, I hope it will stay that way. Several things have happened along the way.

On Omega Ruby, Sky Ocean learned Earthquake at level 51, which completed his moveset. Asarakam evolved into Salamence at level 50. Upon doing this, he learned Fly, which means I can finally fly here again! I don't have to soar anywhere anymore, unless I really want to. I also taught him Earthquake afterwards, completing his moveset.
Discordance learned Boomburst at level 58, which completed his movest. And Cloud Lining learned Moonblast at level 50, completing his moveset.

On Alpha Sapphire, Mastery Core evolved into Metagross at level 45. Andrea evolved into Mandibuzz at level 54. She isn't that much stronger offensively, but considerably more elegant and beautiful. After evolving, I taught her Brave Bird through the move relearner, which completed her moveset. This actually made her quite much stronger, more so than I had thought, the difference compared to her previous move (Pluck) was quite big. Finally, Draconance learned Signal Beam at level 51, completing his moveset.

With all this, all members of both teams are now fully evolved and have their final movesets. Now I just need to finish training them, then I'll be done with this.

Today, I also tried Mega Evolving all of the ones that can Mega Evolve and they are all awesome, just as I knew they would be. I will Mega Evolve them a few more times along the training but I will mostly use Lucky Eggs to get as much Exp. as possible.

Omega Ruby Team:
260.png
Sky Ocean - level 60
373.png
Asarakam - level 60
310.png
Synthesia - level 60
295.png
Discordance - level 60
475.png
Serenity - level 60
547.png
Cloud Lining - level 60

Alpha Sapphire Team:
Firestorm - level 60
376.png
Mastery Core- level 60
630.png
Andrea - level 60
115.png
Canberra - level 60
685.png
Pixelcake - level 60
181.png
Draconance - level 60

------------------------

And now that the 6th Gen PGL has closed down, I'm going to do a list of all the Medals I wasn't able to get here, just like I did for X/Y.

Indulgent Customer - spend $1,000,000 at Poké Marts.
Super Rich - Spend $10,000,000 at Poké Marts.

Too grindy. Obtaining money in these games isn't as easy as in X/Y or even B2/W2, there wasn't much to spend it on either and there was no way to see how much I had already spent. I guess I could have obtained the first one as I did that on X/Y, but didn't feel like trying and never got around to it.

Outgoing - encounter 10,000 fellow players.
Extrovert - encounter 1,000,000 fellow players.

Too grindy as well, I didn't use online features as much as in X/Y and I didn't have online battles here because I didn't feel like it and I didn't have time either. I guess I could have gotten the first regarding these as well as I did get it in X/Y, but once again, I didn't have the time and motivation for it.

Miraculous Meeting - Meet a random shiny? (Omega Ruby only)

I'm a bit unsure about what you had to do in order to get it, but I guess you had to meet a random shiny in the games in order to get it? I tried with hatched and traded shinies, but it didn't work. And I remember that I only got it in AS after I had met a random shiny in the wild. Simply put, I didn't get it in OR since I never met a wild random shiny while the PGL was still up. Instead, I met a random wild shiny the day after it had closed down...

10-Time Hall of Famer - Enter the Hall of Fame 10 times.
50-Time Hall of Famer - Enter the Hall of Fame 50 times.

Same as on X/Y, I don't like defeating the Elite Four over and over for no good reason, so I never bothered with beating them more than three times in each game (though I still have one time left to beat them before I am done with the games). Thus, I never got these Medals.

Extensive Friendship - Register 10 Friends and see them in the game on the PSS.
Broad Friendship - Register 30 Friends and see them in the game on the PSS.
Global Connection - Register 100 Friends and see them in the game on the PSS.

I never registered many new friends in OR/AS, and I never played online that much either, not to mention there wasn't any Friend Safari like in X/Y, so I just never got these Medals.

Happy Birthday - Get a birthday congratulation on the PSS. (Alpha Sapphire only)

I didn't get this because I started playing this game after my birthday this year, and the PGL closed down before my birthday next year. I guess I could have "cheated" and changed the date on my 3DS, but I didn't want to.

All the Medals related to Rating Battles. Like on X/Y, I never did any Rating Battles here. Didn't feel like it, didn't have time, and even if I had, I might not have been able to get all the Medals, let alone just one of them.

Finally, the Medal for participating in an online competition. I never completed in any online competitions here either, never signed up to one since I didn't have the time and dedication needed. Maybe I'll give it a try in Gen 7, we'll see.

And that's it regarding the Medals I never got on these games. Now I won't ever have to think about them anymore.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Continued playing with my Poliwag on Pokemon Amie today. I just had to play another minigame with it and feed it a few more Poke Puffs before its Affection reached the level I wanted it to.

Once that was done, I decided to have Poliwag win a Master Rank Contest in Lilycove. After looking at the moves it could learn, I decided on the Toughness category and gave it an appropriate moveset. Then, I stuffed it full of PokeBlocks and entered the Contest. During the first few turns of the talent round, I was scoring okay, but Poliwag was still lagging behind a couple of the other contestants. Fortunately, I was able to pull ahead during the final two turns after the Heracross that was in the lead lost a turn due to nervousness and Poliwag got the bonus for maxing out the crowd's excitement.

After winning the Contest, Poliwag got a ribbon and I obtained some gifts from fans. Then, I went to the move deleter to get rid of a few moves I didn't want Poliwag to know permanently. Finally, I stopped by the department store to do the lottery, where I matched four digits and won a Rare Candy.

Kalosian

So long
I have continued with the training here. Battled various trainers, got everything to level 72. At level 60, I battled the five strong trainers at the Battle Resort, using my Mega Evolutions against them. It went very well, going to do it at least once more, likely soon. I also did one more thing, got some ribbons for all of my team members. First, I spoke to a babe in Mauville Hills and got the Best Friends Ribbon from her. Then I talked with a nerd at the Battle Resort and got the Footprint Ribbon from him. Still have a bit left on the training, going to continue until it is done but I will take it slowly, no need to rush anything.

Omega Ruby Team:
260.png
Sky Ocean - level 72
373.png
Asarakam - level 72
310.png
Synthesia - level 72
295.png
Discordance - level 72
475.png
Serenity - level 72
547.png
Cloud Lining - level 72

Alpha Sapphire Team:
Firestorm - level 72
376.png
Mastery Core - level 72
630.png
Andrea - level 72
115.png
Canberra - level 72
685.png
Pixelcake - level 72
181.png
Draconance - level 72

Aquarelle

Staff member
I taught a few new TM moves to my Poliwag, so now it has what will (probably) be its final moveset. After that, I flew over to the Secret Shore in order to start levelling up Poliwag through Secret Base battles. I went into a couple of Secret Bases, where I fought the owners and their Blissey in addition to some of the regular trainers in the bases. That battling allowed Poliwag to evolve into Poliwhirl and reach level 45 in the end.

Next time, I'll continue levelling up Poliwhirl. I'll probably evolve it into Politoed, too, unless I'm too lazy to do the trading.