• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

ceze

Hi guys,

I live in Brazil so I rarely get the chance to obtain legendary Pokémon through special events other than mystery gift.

I'm working on my living dex and those kind of Pokémon are the only ones missing. I was wondering if any of you could help me with that. The ones I need are: Mew, Jirachi, Shaymin, Keldeo, Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion.

I have a Meloetta for trade and I could train any Pokémon you'd like to lv. 100, or whatever request you guys may have.

Please help this poor soul lol

EDIT: I got Mew and Jirachi but I still need the other ones.

Also, I have a number of 6IV mons for trade and am able to breed the ones you may want

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Today in Omega Ruby, I mostly went around Hoenn planting some Berries and fighting a few Trainers to top up my cash. I played with my Blaziken (Quebec) a little in Pokémon-Amie, feeding him some Poké-Puffs. I checked on my Secret Base flag collection with Aarune in Fortree City, and I've still got quite a lot more flags to collect before I reach the next rank.

Vroomer

Been away a while playing Gen1 on VC.

OR - chain fishing on route 119 today - Shiny Magikarp!! Yay! Wonder Traded my Feebas away. Got a Smeargle named Bob Ross - keeper! Hahaha! My second Shiny Magikarp. Most pleased - I've been in a looooooooooooong Shiny slump. Went to route 120 to spam Sweet Scent for hordes. Looking for Shiny Marrill. Got a PP Max from the daily lotto. Score!

Hating Gen7's lack of a national Dex. Loving me some Gen 1, 4, and 6 though!

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Today in Omega Ruby, I harvested the Berries I'd planted yesterday, and collected more from the Berry Master and florists on Route 104. I flew to the Battle Resort to fight the battleable Trainers, using my Swellow Strathroy and Absol Taber. I went to Dewford Town to change the 'hip' thing to Lemonade parties. (Now, I know what you're all thinking...) ;)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- With Lugia now caught, I flew to Slateport city and withdrew my Regirock, Regice and Registeel from my PC and went to give Regice a nickname. I also gave it the Never-Melt Ice.
- I went to Dewford town and surfed to the Island Cave place that was situated close to Route 105. I went inside and unlocked Regigigas, which I now battled and managed to get.
- I exchanged Pokemon once again and now I added Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit to my team and soared above Dewford. I saw a fissure in the sky and challenged Dialga inside the rift.

Crobat_Curse

I was never much of a fan of ORAS -- in all honesty, I thought they were actually a downgrade from the originals (particularly Emerald), and nowhere near the calibre of HGSS. However, I figured I'd give it another try a few months ago, and admittedly, I've had a lot of fun. I got to use a lot of Pokemon I've never considered before. Currently, I've been resetting my team's EVs after defeating the E4 for a second time. They've already got decent IVs thanks to breeding, so I'm hoping this will make them viable in the Battle Maison. I must say, power items and horde battles are an absolute Godsend (I'll never understand why S/M removed the latter).

Team

260MMS.png

Delta[70] @ Swampertite
Adamant; Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Rain Dance

477.png

Nebula[70] @ Damp Rock
Bold; Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Rain Dance

275.png

Fen[70] @ Focus Sash
Hasty; Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, Knock Off, Hurricane

368.png

Fjord[70] @ White Herb
Timid; Shell Smash, Surf, Ice Beam, Baton Pass

045.png

Marlow[70] @ Black Sludge
Bold; Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Sleep Powder, HP Water

521.png

Parker[70] @ Scope Lens
Naive; Work Up, Return, Night Slash, Heat Wave

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- After catching Dialga, I focused on shiny hunting in the form of fishing and I also finished transferring most of my legendaries and valuable Pokemon from my game to Moon version.
- I did some contests at Lilycove and I wanted to win against Lisia so badly, tho once again she and her Altaria robbed me of first place. I did some Secret Base stuff after that upset. :3
- I upgraded my Secret Base's flag after collecting some flags from other Secret Bases and I also collected evolutionary stones from people in my Base and battled other trainers ha ha.

Brendan of Hoenn

Experienced Trainer
I just need to catch Cresselia in ORAS and I am trying to get every legendary except for Mew, Celebi, Manaphy/Phione, Meloetta, Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion. I also want want to fill the NationalDex, get all contest ribbons, max my secret base, train all off my Pokémon to level one hundred and that's it for now. Should keep me busy for quite a while .

Vroomer

OR: Lucky luckiest of lucky days. Yesterday - Daily lotto contest - MASTER BALL! 2nd time getting one. Decided to swap out my team as my level 50 male Combee just wasn't lucky enough. Pulled out my Shiny Bellossom to spam Sweet Scent. Pulled out my Shiny Cresselia as my lead - I wanted to see the sparkle & pop even if the hordes weren't going to be lucky.

Then, I went back to Route 120 to spam Sweet Scent for Shiny Marril. Been on a dry spell since my Shiny Magikarp. Then, about 11pm - BAM! Shiny Kecleon hit. Ohh cool, a shiny I don't have. Cleared out the rest of them and it was an easy capture in a Premier Ball.

Swapped out my team to put my Shinys back in their PC box. Went back to Route 120. 30 minutes later - Shiny Marril hit. Funny thing, both of these new shiny pokes were the far right Pokemon in the hordes. I put this one in a Luxury ball.

Deposited my new treasures. It was after midnight so I went to the daily Lotto again. This time, scored a Rare Candy. Personally, if it's going to be anything less than a Master Ball, I want PP Up or PP Max. But that's me.

Went to the Battle Resort Day Care. Pulled out a Spanish Ponyta to breed with my Japanese Ditto. Breeding eggs for the Shiny Ponyta now. Then Litwick, then Tympole... :D

All in all, a great day in OR. Signature updated to reflect current shiny collection count. Despite or in spite of having the Shiny Charm in Gen 7, too... I have yet to encounter a shiny there, in the wild or in an egg. Gen 6 is the best for me.

Edit: Shiny Ponyta!!!! After about 95 eggs!! Have 110 encounters logged on my Dex. And didn't start a count until quite a few eggs in. Now to MM breed Litwick for a Shiny.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
- I did a few errands on Alpha Sapphire today including some shopping and fishing, then I competed at Mauville city's Food Court. I picked up the Genesect Drive items as well next.
- I visited the Battle Institute place at Mauville city as well and even tho I used some of my strongest Pokemon, I struggled after defeating the third trainer, which is sad hee hee.
- I did an Inverse Battle after that and I went looking for new Secret Bases so that I could collect extra flags. I purchased new furniture at Aarune's treehouse in Fortree city next too.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I did a couple of things on Omega Ruby for the first time in a while. I started by heading over to my Secret Base, where I talked to my pals and had them pick up more stones for me. Got some of the actual evolution stones, but as usual I received quite a few Everstones as well. My Everstone collection is at 820+. XD

Next, I looked through my PC and remembered that I still have room for 6-7 Pokemon in my current "level 100s" box. I do want to finish filling up that box eventually, so I decided to start breeding for another Pokemon. I picked Goodra since I haven't used it that much. So, I hatched a couple batches of Goomy eggs and got a few Goomy with multiple perfect IVs. I'll put one of those Goomy in the Day Care and continue hatching eggs next time I play, whenever that will be.

AmethystLeslie

I have a few boxes of pokemon in AS that I wanna transfer to Moon, but i feel that i'd be losing some good pokemon once they migrate, so I'm breeding a batch of 5 of every single one. Also, I kinda wanted to have as much pokemon remain in this game in case I want to trade.

These pokemon were used in X and AS when i was just trying out pokemon from Wonder Trade to see if i liked them. These were usually breedjects or pokemon I've either seen or maybe never seen (at the time), and raised them to a certain point before I'd try out a new batch of 6. I didn't realize at the time that some of these pokemon had perfect natures or cool egg moves. I didn't care about the IVs at the time, but the ones with egg moves were more interesting to me. Now most of those pokemon have been traded out cuz I had doubles, I just plain didn't like them, or maybe some other reason. The remaining ones were levels 60-100, spanning 2 and 1/2 boxes.

Then I had other boxes that had some other special pokemon, which were worth breeding for, like the HA Johto/Unova starters (how lucky was I to get most of these with perfect natures? Man... ) and E-Speed Dragonite. Some were pokemon I got in Platinum from the Great Marsh, and was gonna breed Safari Balls out of these. Not sure if I still wanna do that, I've bred so much. n3n;;;;

During this breeding project, I got some good stuff out of eggs in terms of IVs, including a couple 6IVs. Then I was like, "yeah, I kinda wanna take these to Moon, too," so I'm breeding THOSE to keep the best possible pokemon in AS as best as I possibly can.

Next up on the list, what to do with the pokemon from X Banklocke... maybe some breeding there, too? I never did much breeding in X, actually.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Continued hatching Goomy. I hatched 10 more eggs and checked their IVs, but still didn't have a Goomy with the IV spread I wanted. Then, I realized I never swapped the Goomy I had in the Day Care out with a better one. Whoops. So, I then returned to the Day Care and did just that. After hatching another batch of eggs, I had the perfect Goomy I was aiming for. It had the right Ability, too.

Next, I began breeding for a Cubone that I plan to transfer to Sun. I'm breeding it on OR because there are some move tutor-only attacks I want it to have. Anyway, I bred the Marowak I had to get a Cubone with the right Nature. Next time, I'll start breeding for the IVs.

Kalosian

So long
I played OR/AS a little during the weekend. Had to do some things in them in order to send some Pokemon to Sun. I looked around in various old games to see if I had any good Latios laying around, but the only one I had with the Nature I wanted was my Latios on Omega Ruby. Nicknamed it and traded it to Alpha Sapphire, then I continued on said game and did some breeding there. Hatched a Kangaskhan and Drilbur with the traits I wanted relatively quickly. Gave them nicknames, then I trained Latios and Drilbur a bit, Drilbur evolved into Excadrill. I had planned to train Latios to level 100 but I somehow managed to screw up regarding the Secret Bases so I couldn't rebattle the trainers on the next day. Guess it was because I took the game cartridge out of my 3DS, I have heard and read that it affects daily events. But I got Latios to level 89 through some battles as well as Rare Candies, found out that I had over 150 on Alpha Sapphire so I decided to use some of them. Then I taught the three Pokemon some TM and Move Tutor moves they needed to know. Afterwards, I put them in Bank together with the breeding leftovers. That's all I had to do here, don't think I will play OR/AS again anytime soon.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I continued breeding Cubone. After hatching nearly a whole box, I had two perfect Cubone to send to my Sun. I decided to get two since I'm going to use the second one as a False Swipe/EVing/utility Pokemon. Anyway, I then tutored some moves onto them (Fire Punch, Stealth Rock) and nicknamed them.

Next, I hatched a Clamperl, Larvitar, and Bulbasaur since I wanted to transfer them as well.
Then, I sent all five Pokemon to my Bank, then to Sun.

I haven't started training the Goomy I hatched last time. I guess I'll get around to that next time, if I remember.

Flamer

Spent some time on AS breeding and levelling a Chandelure for my Weakness Cup team. I don’t own X or Y, but had received a Litwick through a Wonder Trade a while back. Unfortunately it had a Timid nature, not great considering I’m running a Trick Room team. Needed a Modest one.

Luckily I had a Modest Koffing, albeit a female one. Bred for a male one, then bred that with Litwick. Their child came out with Flame Body instead of Flash Fire, so put it back in day care with a Ditto, and finally bred the Modest Flash Fire Litwick I was after. Taught it Incinerate with the TM, the whole point of this exercise.

Then soared to my secret base, how I’ve missed doing that, and levelled up Litwick against the Blissey trainer there. It evolved into Lampent, but realised I didn’t have a Dusk Stone to evolve it further. Got plenty on Sun, but wanted to record Chandelure in my National Dex on AS. Had a few goes at the secret Super Training level that gives you one, and got it second time of asking.

Finally evolved Lampent into Chandelure, then transferred it up to Bank

Aquarelle

Staff member
Played OR tonight, but only to get some Pokemon to send to Sun. I've been catching the Johto & Unova starters on Sun via the Island Scan, which made me remember that I have the HA Johto/Unova starters on OR. So, I just bred all six starters and hatched eggs until I had one of each with its Hidden Ability. For most of the starters, I only had to hatch 2-3 eggs max to get a HA. Tepig took longer, though, at 8 eggs. Also, I remembered that I'd raised a HA Feraligatr and Serperior a while ago, so the HA Snivy I hatched had a great IV spread and my Totodile inherited some very nice egg moves.

Once that was done, I sent the Pokemon to Sun.

Kall El

..Silence..
# Home is where the start is.

I'm back. I've returned to my empire of Hoenn! Finally after a break I'm back 2 Pokemon & I'm sure y'all remember me!

We're returning 2 Hoenn, best region hands down. This is MY region. I ruled here and will rule again!

We get things started in a quaint feeling town, Littleroot. Hoenn is beautiful as always, I'm feeling super excited to be back! This is gonna be an epic adventure!

After settling in at my new home I ran into May my favourite companion, Birch being chased around lol he is quite crazy. Helped him out after choosing Treecko!!

Got past Oldale and Petalburg and on the way got to grips with the amaaazingg Dexnav.
So far I have an Adamant TFang Poochyena, Bburst Tailow, another roosting Tailow and a Surskit with Fell Stinger.
Tbh I'd like a Hurricaning Tailow and Hydro Surskit but all that will be after game where I will catch all the strongest and unique Pokemon to build my empire!!!

So arrived in the magnificent Rustboro, such a huge and magnificent Metropolis. On the way I met an Aqua goon who was upto something I tell ya he sure was.
Past Rustboro there was an issue in a tunnel which I dealt with. Briney a famous sailer according to May said he is indebted to me he looks cool with his Wingull!! Peeko is it?
I met May in Rustboro who told me about Hoenns gyms which I went to in evening and Rustboro gym looks amazing. Love it. Was smooth as my Treecko was well prepared.
Also caught a special Whismur and later a powerful Cascoon!

Anyways met Mr Stone at the towering Devon corp, he has a mission for me to meet Steven in Dewford apparently.

I feel things are heating up, evil people are upto something, some dude like Wally seems to be racing me to glory and Dad is waiting at Petalburg for me and he seems strong much stronger than ever.
Well I'm waiting near Mr Briney's house and will head sail later. My team will be strengthened and new adventures surely await!
Stay tuned!

# Mystery, adventures and Hoenn

Ok so alotttt has happened since last update, basically in the last day alot has happened.
So we get to Dewford with the cool Mr Briney and his Peeks.
Brawly was straightforward, but here was the interesting part..
Granite Cave! Wow it looks amazing and meeting Steven stone was mythical mysterious with all the Primal talk.
Honestly feel the intensity of Hoenn now pacing up!

Arriving at Slateport I get straight to it, looks great as always!
The Museum, Shipyard and Harbour all give me that sense of adventure..!
..And of course Team Aqua are upto no good but gotta give it to them they seem serious and dangerous esp Archie..hmm.

Lisia was really cool, she motivates me and ill probably do the contests post game but i can't wait 2! Always loved Poke-contests!

Going north beat some trainers, berries and dex nav stuff.
Not caught anything yet...
But May beats me again! & I barely win in the rematch!ahhhhh

Now Mauville is amazing, mansion like rooftops inspire me!
Watsons gym easily my favourite till now, he was tough too.
I somehow scraped past him!
So Wally loses 2 me then at Vendaturf hes set off to become stronger.
Hmm I sense a challenge, rival?

Going up north I get an eruption Torkoal after a long search. Great.
Then go back 2 the Winstrates and Eruption them dry! Haha yh i know.

The more I go on the more beautiful is Hoenn, the adventure and of course Aquas evil plot..
The ashes on the way 2 Fallabor is beautiful & I get a BB Skarm, what do ya know?
And head 2 Meteor falls, woahh what a place! We run into who?
Yh. Aqua and Shelly. Me and May whos been hanging about alot with me lately, finish them and then...! Another team shows up, Magma.
This continues all the way upto the blazing magnificence of the Mt Chimney!
I beat Archie but just about. Things are looking intense..!

I'm now at Lavaridge City relaxing in the hot springs, prep'ing for Flannery who I think is gonna be way 2 strong.
Well Tailow has evolved, Surskit too.
And we started a search for the best secret base!

Maan Hoennis amazing but things have only just started 2 heat up.

Stay tuned!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I finally got started on training the Goomy I hatched a while ago. I just didn't have the motivation to start earlier...

Anyway, I quickly passed the Pokerus to Goomy and completed its EV training via Horde Battles. Once that was done, I went to Slateport to get an Effort Ribbon and also to visit the Name Rater.

Next, I raised Goomy's Affection on Pokemon Amie. I hadn't used Amie too much since Sun/Moon came out, so I wasn't as good at the minigames as I used to be. My score on the Head It game wasn't too bad, though.

After that, I began working on training Goomy to level 100. I visited my Blissey bases (really miss those on SM) and was able to get Goomy to level 50+ after fighting two trainers. That allowed Goomy to evolve into Sliggoo. I wanted to get it fully evolved ASAP, so I then flew to a rainy route and used a Rare Candy to get Goodra.

Finally, I trained until Goodra was level 81. I'll finish training it next time (if I remember).

Ninja Dog

Banned
I picked up Omega Ruby today, so now I have both Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby. I decided to try to get a Shiny Torchic on this game before I start it, so wish me luck on that, haha. Hopefully I can get it so I can finish both versions.
Good luck, I hope you can too. Let us know how it works out.