• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Flamer

After beating the Elite 4 in Ultra Sun, I've decided to come back to AS to work on my National Dex again. Completing its been a long held aim since I first started playing Pokemon. Got close in Silver, and made a good go of it in Pearl, but so far haven't been able to finish one off. I doubt I'll be able to in AS either in all honesty. However, I have been tentatively working towards a living dex in Bank. My problem has always been that I get close-ish in one game, then get bored and move onto another. Being able to collectively work on it across generation should make it much more achievable

Starting at the beginning of the dex, I traveled to the day care just outside Mauville and bred some Bulbasaur from one I got in a Wonder Trade a few years back. Bred another Charmander too, along with a Caterpie, couple of Weedle, a Rattata and a couple of Abra. Took them to my Secret Base, and evolved

Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur
Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur -> Venasuar
Caterpie -> Metapod
Weedle -> Kakuna -> Beedrill
Rattata -> Raticate
Abra -> Kadabara

Levelled up Rhydon, and Buzzer, my Electrivre from Pearl, to lv100 while training

Then decided that starting with the Kanto Pokemon was probably the wrong way to go. They're readily available in lots of games, not least Let's Go, where I'll probably be doing a fair bit of dex completion. Doesn't look like there's going to be much else to do post-game. So, switched to the other end of the dex and hopped on the GTS to get a few Gen 6 Pokemon. Made some decent trades, picking up a Chespin for Trekco, Bunnelby for Pichu, (had lots leftover from breeding a competitive Raichu) and Flabébé for Ralts

Bred a couple more Chespin and another Bunnelby, then took them back to my Secret Base and evolved

Chespin -> Quilladin
Chespin -> Quilladin -> Chesnaught
Bunnelby -> Diggersby (what a nightmare inducing Pokemon that is...)

Aquarelle

Staff member
Since my last post, I continued hatching Stunfisk eggs. I don't remember how long it took (this was back in...late May?), but I did eventually get a Stunfisk with the right IV spread.

I decided to have my Stunfisk win a Master Rank Contest right away (I chose the Cuteness category IIRC), so I then gave it a bunch of PokeBlocks and made some changes to its moveset. My first attempt at winning the Contest was a bust since I had some pretty bad luck during the first few rounds of the talent portion. After resetting, my second try went much better - Stunfisk won after maxing out the crowd's excitement twice.

Also, I planted a few more berries, and harvested them all quite a while ago.

I haven't really done anything else on OR since then. Whenever I get around to playing again, though, I'll start actually training my Stunfisk.

FlaFlo

Currently going through mainline Pokemon games I have not played before and it's AS turn. Hoenn looks amazing in 3D! I like the changes that have been made, especially in Mauville City. I just got done beating Flannery, so I'm more or less at the halfway point of the story. My current team:

Grovyle lvl 33
Masquerain lvl 33
Cosplay Pikachu lvl 32

Yeah, I'm a bit overleveled, seeing as Norman's Slaking is at lvl 30, maybe I should capture a 4th member for the team. Cosplay Pikachu is a lot of fun, though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I challenged Wally again and collected a Lum Berry as what I would usually do if I had more regularly played ORAS but again I haven't played Omega Ruby in a long time. I also tried to do horde encounters with Swablu at Route 114 but then I went over to Route 113 to collect soot. I just collected enough for a Blue Flute but I'll try to get both the Elegant Desk and the Elegant Chair.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Tried challenge Super Singles on Battle Maison. For two times, I lost on over 44 wins. How frustating!

I’ve been replaying Omega Ruby over the last few days, and it’s been really fun (I noticed stuff I never cared to look at on wikis, which means I’m STILL discovering new stuff after nearly three years), but the highlight of the whole playthrough came last night as I was just starting the Delta Episode. I walked into a Pokemon centre and asked to have my team healed, when the nurse said that MY WHOLE TEAM HAD POKERUS. I’ve only ever encountered a single shiny in my life and that’s nearly six times more common than Pokerus, but it still happened. I’m not using Groudon in my team so I put the Pokerus on him and stuck him in the PC to preserve it.

Oh yeah I guess I might as well mention my team:
-Bruh (Blaziken, named because I didn’t have any other ideas)
-Kotomi (Mightyena, names after Kotomi Sanada from Akiba’s Beat)
-Fritz (Gallade, named after Fritz Aiden Leverton from Cinderella Phenomenon)
-Delcatty (Millium, named after Millium Orion from Trails of Cold Steel)
-Minun (Aoyama, named after Yuga Aoyama from Boku no Hero Academia)
-Latios (Luke, named after Luke Triton from Professor Layton)

Used this team during the whole game except the short period of time when I needed Surf but didn’t have Latios (used a Zigzagoon HM slave then), and they even got me through the elite four and Steven (the latter of which I won yet again thanks to the Rocky Helmet, so it’s my new favourite item).

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Restarted Alpha Sapphire. Didn't get the Deoxys from the Delta Episode, but I already transferred my team. So I'm just gonna restart regardless.

Chose Mudkip and restarted for a good nature, then I caught a ralts that is modest, female, AND HAS TRACE. I have a feeling this will be a good run. Hopefully I can get a shiny too if I can, the last one I got was....wingull.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
After getting through VR on Black, I decided to restart AS. My last theme was using Pokémon that were Blue or categorized as such.

Haven’t decided if I’ll go with another theme, though, atm I’m resetting for a decent natured Treecko.

At one point I had a Rash Treecko, but I dropped my DS and lost 3hrs worth of unsaved data...

Just fired up my ORAS games and found a complete Hoenn Dex on AS and not a lot on OR. So, I’m going to wipe OR and try resetting for a shiny starter. Last time I did this, I got a shiny Mudkip and named him Mr. Kipling but this time I’ll go for Torchic.

I also ordered a new copy of AS because I don’t want to overwrite the complete file that I have but much prefer the encounters with Team Aqua than Team Magma. Thinking about what style playthrough to run and currently considering a Typelocke...

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started up a Playthrough of Omega Ruby and i had lots of Luck right from the start.

No shiny, but i did get 3 Female Torchic's in a row while reseting for nature's. Then it turned out the Elemental Fang Poochyena had Pokerus. Then the first Zigzagoon on Route 102 had Pick up. Found a Surskit with no trouble and the first Seedot i found had Beat up instead of Bide. After Helping Wally i found my own Ralts immediately. Also, while training Ginger the Ralts, i found a level 13 Seedot on my 2nd encounter. Got the Bronze Crown for Route 102 before moving on.

Surprisingly, found some people on Wondertrade. Got a Protean Froakie for the level 13 Seedot and a random lvl 30 Kecleon for an extra Ralts I named stlar ;).

Edit: Add a level 15 Tailow, with Roost, being caught at full Health to the Luck list.

Team
Kentucky - Torchic lvl 10
Ginger - Ralts lvl 8

Last edited:

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Since I can't decide which games I want to commit too I've decided to restart Alpha Sapphire. After playing the game for a couple of days I've gotten four badges and preparing to acquire the fifth one. So far my team consists of:
  • Grovyle (M)
  • Mightyena (F)
  • Swellow (F)
  • Skitty (F)
  • Aron (M)
  • Kirlia (M)
  • Kirlia (F)
  • Manectric (F)
  • Numel (F)
  • Seviper (F)
  • Trapinch (M)

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Continuing my playthrough of Alpha Sapphire I've acquired my fifth and sixth badges. Additionally I've climbed Mt. Pure and about to enter Team Aquas hideout in Lilycove City.
  • Sceptile (M)
  • Mightyena (F)
  • Swellow (F)
  • Skitty (F)
  • Lairon (M)
  • Kirlia (M)
  • Gardevoir (F)
  • Manectric (F)
  • Numel (F)
  • Seviper (F)
  • Vibrava (M)
So far the prominent members of my team are Sceptile, Manectric, and Gardevoir.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Continuing my playthrough of Alpha Sapphire I've acquired my fifth and sixth badges. Additionally I've climbed Mt. Pure and about to enter Team Aquas hideout in Lilycove City.
  • Sceptile (M)
  • Mightyena (F)
  • Swellow (F)
  • Skitty (F)
  • Lairon (M)
  • Kirlia (M)
  • Gardevoir (F)
  • Manectric (F)
  • Numel (F)
  • Seviper (F)
  • Vibrava (M)
So far the prominent members of my team are Sceptile, Manectric, and Gardevoir.
Are you waiting to evolve Skitty? In case you aren’t waiting/not evolving it, I think you can get a Moon Stone in Meteor Falls

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Continuing my playthrough of Alpha Sapphire I've acquired my all the badges in Hoenn, captured Kyogre, beat the Elite Four, and completed the Delta Episode.
  • Sceptile (M)
  • Mightyena (F)
  • Swellow (F)
  • Delcatty (F)
  • Aggron (M)
  • Sableye (M)
  • Gallade (M)
  • Gardevoir (F)
  • Manectric (F)
  • Numel (F)
  • Seviper (F)
  • Flygon (M)
  • Sharpedo (M)
The Pokemon that are underlined are the ones I used to beat the Elite Four.

Are you waiting to evolve Skitty? In case you aren’t waiting/not evolving it, I think you can get a Moon Stone in Meteor Falls
I did grab a Moon Stone after recovering the Meteorite. I just waited until Skitty learned Assist and then evolved her.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
So finally after getting bored with Gen V, I decided to continue my play on AS. I had previously defeated May, leaving the route I saved on I went back to Littleroot. There I received the Pokédex and some Balls. Before I continued, I saved and did a number of transfers from Gen V.

Battled some trainers, had a scene with May, and entered Petalburg. Received the PSS and proceeded onto the GTS and, made Wonder Trades. Notable mons I got: Oshawott, Bulbasaur, Cubchoo. I had put a HA DB Slowpoke up there, forgot what I asked for though.... fell asleep at some point after that.

I have no clue what I want as far as a team, debating on using Masquerain, T-Tornadus, and (Protean)Kecleon if I can acquire one. Though, for the moment my (Modest) Female Treecko is my only member.

Edit: Was asking for a Goomy, got one with Gooey; dropping Masquerain from consideration (as I’ve used one on AS before) but I’ll use the other two.

Last edited:

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Played some more in the wee hours. Caught a Taillow with the perfect nature and characteristic, reluctantly boxed it as I used one my last play through. Added Tornadus, and an Ambipom for its Pickup.

Defeated the trainers between Petalburg and Rustboro, stopping Team Aqua along the way.
Roxanne was light work; headed straight to her once I made it to Rustboro. Haven’t let Treecko evolve yet, at the least, I want it to learn Giga Drain before becoming a Grovyle. Saved Peeko and stopped Aqua once again. Saved after that.

The 3-D Sprites are so refreshing; it’s been a while since I’ve played anything above Gen V, purely because I was going through the generations in order.

Team:
Yerba/Treecko
T-Tornadus
Goomy(who’s boxed till I have enough badges)

Edit: Been making trades over the GTS, picked up a female Piplup which will be bred, eventually. Ironically after searching the web on where to find an Everstone, Ambipom picked up a Destiny Knot. Also got a Ditto some days ago, was thinking of breeding Goomy but it’s a male and its offspring won’t inherit its Pokéball...

Treecko evolved after taking down the Dewford Gym with slight help from Tornadus. Made it to Slateport where I took down trainers on the beach and foiled Team Aqua once more, meeting Archie in the process. Planning on getting the Mach Bike so I can head to Granite Cave and then breed some ‘mons.

A bit reluctant on wanting to battle Watson. I have nothing to best some of the Steel types seen in his gym. Should be interesting.

Last edited:

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Made changes to the team last night; beating Watson was fairly easy. After I got my third badge I decided to switch Prinplup for a DR Slowpoke, Grovyle for a Foongus I had obtained in a Grotto on W2, adding a Jolly Aron as my “signature” Mega; it’s one Mega I’ve never used competitively or in-game, though there’s been a want. Might continue searching for a better nature, though, my plan is to just slap Hone Claws on it and call it a day.

Debating if I want to put Trick Room on Slowbro if and when I acquire it; everyone is slow, even Tornadus thanks to its Quiet nature. And oh how I do prefer the Trick Room scene, even if it’s just against NPCs. What’s the fun in becoming the League’s best w/o your own theme or shtick :cool:.

Vahnstad

Playing again, currently i've just explored the sea routes and i'm now heading towards Fortree City
Gardevoir lvl 36 - Psychic / Confusion / Draining Kiss / Magical Leaf (might bring back Heal Pulse back though)
Sceptile lvl 38 - Leaf Blade / Grass Pledge / Mega Drain / Dual Shop
Lairon lvl 32 Iron Head / Rock Slide / Headbutt / Shadow Claw
Swablu lvl 31 - Safeguard / Steel Wing / Round / Refresh
A Mightyena i never use and will switch out for a different pokemon
HM slave Zigzagoon which i will switch out for a different pokemon

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Playing again, currently i've just explored the sea routes and i'm now heading towards Fortree City
Gardevoir lvl 36 - Psychic / Confusion / Draining Kiss / Magical Leaf (might bring back Heal Pulse back though)
Sceptile lvl 38 - Leaf Blade / Grass Pledge / Mega Drain / Dual Shop
Lairon lvl 32 Iron Head / Rock Slide / Leaf Blade / Shadow Claw
Swablu lvl 31 - Safeguard / Steel Wing / Round / Refresh
A Mightyena i never use and will switch out for a different pokemon
HM slave Zigzagoon which i will switch out for a different pokemon
How does your Lairon have Leaf Blade?