• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Recent Happenings Thread

Vahnstad

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Have done a bit since my last post; just defeated Flannery whilst on my lunch break. Mostly used Steel Terror (Aron) throughout the whole gym, and against her Slugma. Switched to T-Tornadus since her Numel has Earth Power, bested it and Torkoal.

Gotta save and get back to “securing the bag” planning on furthering my way through Hoenn later tonight, though.

Team:
Steel Terror/Aron
Foongus
T-Tornadus
Slowpoke

Played a little more last night, as I said I would. Nothing major happened, got the Goggles and an egg from a lady in front of the springs. Decided to explore the previously inaccessible parts of Route 111. Not long after it occurred to me I’ve never used Cacnea/Cacturne; thinking of DexNav-ing for a Water Absorb Cacnea. Defensively it’ll be underwhelming compared to Foongus and its setup but, 115 isn’t bad for atk and sp., plus it should still fit in nice with the whole Trick Room gimmick I’ve got going on.

Last edited:

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
After about 3hrs searching the desert portion of Route 111, I finally came across a Water Absorb Cacnea. Had a Lax nature but since it was female I bolted over to the Daycare Center, dropped it and a male Bulbasaur off. After biking around and hatching some eggs, I came across a baby Cacnea I was happy with.

Couldn’t think of a name so, I went back to 111 and battled all the trainers I missed and acquired several items along the way. Managed to get Steel Terror up to Lv. 32 but because I was mashing ‘B’, I accidentally interrupted her evolution.

Team:
Steel Terror/Aron
T-Tornadus
Slowpoke
Cacnea

Drummerdude

I got the urge to play through OR/AS again and started over a new game on Omega Ruby. I decided to go with Treecko and quickly got through the beginning nonsense and caught the Thunder Fang Poochyena which is my second team member. I survived Route 103 and helped Wally catch a Ralts before hurrying through the Petalburg Woods and into Rustboro City. I didn't dawdle for long and made haste to the gym where Treecko Absorbed/Mega Drained all the rock types. Once I had my badge I hurried north to stop Team Magma again inside the Rusturf Tunnel where I met Peeko and Mr. Briney and after a few lengthy conversations I was off to Dewford Town.

I expected Brawley to be tough so I evovled Treeko and leveled it up to 19 but didn't realize his Makuhita was only level 16. Oops. I went to the Granite Cave and met Steven who gave me a useless TM for my team and then I sailed to Slateport City where Poochyena evolved into Mightyena. I saved the Museum from Magma Grunts and delivered some goods before taking a break.

253.png
Lv.20
262.png
Lv.19

Drummerdude

I did my best to skip most of the trainers on Route 110, apart from a surprisingly easy May, and arrived in Mauville City. I headed west onto Route 117 and captured my third team member, an Illumise! I headed back to Slateport to challenge the trainers I had skipped along the way before returning to Mauville City to take on the gym. I was concerned that my team would struggle in the gym but Mightyena's Rock Smash did enough damage against Wattson that I made out with the badge quickly. I headed north and quickly captured my fourth team member, a Numel! I returned to the Cycling Road and the routes east and west of Mauville to train both Numel and Illumise.

After venturing through the Fiery Path I arrived at a soot covered route and soon arrived in Fallarbor Town. Since I don't mess with Contests I blew straight through and headed towards Meteor Falls and captured my fifth team member, a Solrock! I saved my game and returned to Fallarbor Town to heal up before taking down the trainers I skipped with my new Solrock. I returned to Meteor Falls and helped May defeat Team Magma before being warped with May to Fallarbor Town. I rejected her offer to travel together to Mauville City and healed my Pokemon in the Pokemon Center before taking a break...

...except I realized when I turned off my 3DS that I may not have saved. I booted it back up while praying to Arceus that I wasn't that stupid. And there I was in Meteor Falls with a newly caught Solrock. I was that stupid. Ugh!

253.png
Lv.27
262.png
Lv.26
314.png
Lv.26
322.png
Lv.27
338.png
Lv.16

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I started on my not so played Omega Ruby file. My only member is a Mudkip named Axel. As I went to Route 103, May challenged me to a battle. I beat her easily.

Drummerdude

I started back up in Meteor Falls, trained up Solrock against the trainers I intentionally skipped and then defeated Team Magma in Meteor Falls. I returned with May to Mahogany Town and headed north towards Mt Chimney. The grunts weren't much challenge and neither was Maxie. Illumise defeated Mightyena, Solrock took down Golbat and my Mightyena knocked out Camerupt. After preventing that disaster I headed down the mountain into Lavaridge and immediately went to the gym. I fought all the trainers and then I eventually found my way to Flannery. Solrock defeated Slugma with Rock Slide, Grovyle beat Numel with Leaf Blade and my Numel won the battle against Torkoal with a few Earth Power's. I got my fourth badge the Go-Goggles and decided to explore the desert before returning to Petalburg City.

I slowly went through each room of my father's gym before finally reaching him at the end. His battle was also fairly easy. Solrock got a few lucky flinches against his first Slaking and Grovyle got a good crit Leaf Blade on his Vigoroth. His final Slaking was just a battle of slowly wearing it down with Mightyena's Rock Smash but I did prevail. With my fifth badge and the Surf HM I decided it was time to get my final team member.....but I didn't know what I wanted to use. After much deliberation I decided on Gyarados since it can Mega Evolve. But then I had second thoughts because I already have Mightyena who can Intimidate opponents and is a Dark type so I settled on Azumarill.

It took six Marill's before I finally got one with Huge Power (Adamant to boot) I headed to the Trick House to train and both Marill and Numel evolved during my training. I then headed to Slateport and started battling all the swimmers where Grovylve evolved into Sceptile! I made my way to Dewford Town and then back to Petalburg City before taking a break. I should probably turn off the Exp Share now.

254.png
Lv.38
262.png
Lv.36
314.png
Lv.36
323.png
Lv.37
338.png
Lv.37
184.png
Lv.32

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Did a lot since my last post. Defeated Norman, easily. All Pokémon in my party have evolved; a couple have made it their final stages in evolution.

After Defeating Norman, I Surfed all routes and areas that were previously inaccessible. Finally made it to the other side of Route 118. Befriended a Latias along way, also received my Mega Bracelet (can’t wait to M-evolve Steel Terror).

DexNav’d for Kecleon. Came across 2 that both had Protean but HORRIBLE natures. After some hatching I obtained an Adamant Kecleon with Protean. It has been dubbed Sleestak GoD. Currently on on Route 119, still on my way to Fortree City.

Team:
  • T-Tornadus
  • Sliggoo
  • Slowbro
  • Sleestak GoD/Kecleon
  • killa CaCtus/Cacturne
  • Steel Terror/Lairon

Drummerdude

I helped Steven take down Team Magma and saved Latios who decided it wanted to rot in the PC forever. I then headed north towards the Weather Institute and saved the workers from Team Magma's wrath where I was given a Castform that will rot in the PC forever. After defeating May once more I arrived in Fortree City and immediately headed East so I could retrieve the Devon Scope and take on the gym. Solrock and Mightyena did the majority of the heavy lifting against the gym trainers and overall Winona was a breeze. Solrock took down Swellow with Rock Slide, Mightyena's Thunder Fang shocked Pelipper, Camerupt's fire attacks defeated Skarmory and Mega Sceptile won the battle against Altaria with Dual Chop.

My next stop was Lilycove City. The trek south took a bit longer than expected but nothing necessarily notable happened along the way. Once I arrived in Lilycove I trounced May so bad she decided to head back home to Littleroot. I headed to Mt Pyre and climbed to the top and snagged a Blue Orb for my troubles before making my way back to Slateport City.

254.png
Lv.43
262.png
Lv.42
314.png
Lv.42
323.png
Lv.42
338.png
Lv.43
184.png
Lv.42

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I went back to Sootopolis City to battle Wallace. My team has leveled up a lot since I’ve beaten the 7 gyms. My Mudkip has evolved into Swampert, and I now have a full team.
I beat Wallace in the following way. I one shorted Luvdisc with Axel’s Take Down. I ended up having trouble with Milotic as it has strong moves. I’m finding it hard to beat it. I eventually took it out with Primal Groudon’s Precipice Blades. Whiscash was easy to beat with Leaf Storm. I took Sealeo out with Earthquake. Seaking was beaten with Precipice Blades as well. I beat Wallace, got Waterfall and went back to Birch’s.
My team.
Axel (Swampert) Lv. 53
Ariados Lv. 48
Zephyrniah (Swellow) Lv. 46
Bella (Mightyena) Lv. 44
Groudon Lv. 46
Oakwand (Shiftry) Lv. 46

Vahnstad

Playing again, currently i've just explored the sea routes and i'm now heading towards Fortree City
Gardevoir lvl 36 - Psychic / Confusion / Draining Kiss / Magical Leaf (might bring back Heal Pulse back though)
Sceptile lvl 38 - Leaf Blade / Grass Pledge / Mega Drain / Dual Shop
Lairon lvl 32 Iron Head / Rock Slide / Headbutt / Shadow Claw
Swablu lvl 31 - Safeguard / Steel Wing / Round / Refresh
A Mightyena i never use and will switch out for a different pokemon
HM slave Zigzagoon which i will switch out for a different pokemon

Gardevoir lvl 59 (absolute beast, and need to get the Gardevoirite)
Sceptile lvl 57 (not so useful against E4 i noticed, Gardevoir does all the work)
Altaria lvl 45
Aggron lvl 43
Two open spots currently training a Trapinch and I still need to catch a Snorunt.

Will train against E4 with exp share, and let Aggron and Altaria do the work against super effective opponents in the beginning. Almost finished the E4 once, with only a few full restores and one revive, so it's already doable, but my levels are way too low so going to train them yet.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’ve been playing through Alpha Sapphire as if it was the same character I had for several games (Black 2 & Heart Gold) and I’ve really been having fun with it. I just got Latias on the Mysterious Island (though I’ve been pretending that Latias was traveling with me disguised as a human traveling companion named Laila and I just found out). While Matt was able to beat my Grovyle, my Sylveon was able to beat it easily. Afterwards, Grovyle was able to take down Shelly at the Weather Institute and then I had a battle with May. My Gulpin and Arcanine were able to beat her Wailmer and Combusken, while Laila mega evolved for the first time to beat her Shroomish.

Team:
  • Grovyle- level 31
  • Sylveon- level 32
  • Arcanine- level 33
  • Gulpin- level 30
  • Latias (Laila)- level 31
  • Wynaut- level 8

Meanwhile, I used my Heart Gold team to battle in a few secret bases. I thought I was going to lose to someone who uses all legendary pokémon, but I was surprised to see my level 44 Smeargle was able to beat both a Darkrai AND an Arceus!!

Drummerdude

I watched Team Magma steal a submarine and then chased them to their hideout in Lilycove City. I was too late and Maxie had already set off in search of an underwater cavern. Oh well I guess I should just go to the next gym until they conveniently show up again. I surfed to Mossdeep City and explored the island before setting my sights on the gym. Illumise finally got a chance to really shine against the gym trainers though I did use Mightyena a bit as well. When I reached Tate and Liza I decided to use my own Solrock and Camerupt for the battle instead of all the Pokemon that are Super Effective. My team won in a single turn with both of my team members using Rock Slide. I wish they had their Emerald team...

Team Magma decided to show up again by releasing a giant green beam of light into the sky for some reason. Not really sure what that was honestly. I gained the ability to Dive and made my way south to their secret cavern. I never really figured out the layout for this place so I just struggle through it until I reach the end. After Maxie was swiftly defeated Groudon awoke and left only a blazing sunlight in its wake. Looks like I'm off to Sootopolis City now.

254.png
Lv.46
262.png
Lv.46
314.png
Lv.46
323.png
Lv.45
338.png
Lv.45
184.png
Lv.46

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Decided to resume AS. Battled several trainers I hadn’t come across in the Mossdeep Gym, previously. It was a easy run to Liza and Tate. Defeating them was easy, as well

Only used Kecleon and Froslass. Bullied Solrock with a Shadow Sneak/Shadow Ball combo. And on my next turn I did the same to Lunatone. Thought there’d be some resistance, as just about every member of my team is underleveled, but oh well.

That’s all I had time for on my break, hope to play more 2nite.

Team:
Sleestak GoD/Kecleon
Skarmory
SG Frosti/Froslass
Slowbro
Steel Terror/Aggron
killa CaCtus/Cacturne

Last edited:

Drummerdude

Good lord I hope I remember the important bits. I arrived in Sootopolis City and hurried to the Cave of Origin where I rode on Groudon's back for a minute. I then went into a very painful battle with it because I forgot to purchase more Ultra Balls and I ended up catching it in a Pokeball. With that crisis averted I took on the trainers in the Sootopolis Gym before challenging Wallace. I don't remember anything very memorable about this fight honestly. I got my 8th badge and flew on Latios back to Littleroot Town to get the National Dex before surfing/diving towards Pacifidlog Town. Once I made it their I headed back to Ever Grande City and made my way through Victory Road where I absolutely destroyed Wally. I arrived at the Pokemon League and took a break. Now I can finally challenge the Pokemon League!

254.png
Lv.50
262.png
Lv.49
314.png
Lv.50
323.png
Lv.50
338.png
Lv.49
184.png
Lv.50

DLeck6211

Furniture of law enforcement
I'm just going though bases, collecting flags and battling people to using the exp share to level up guys that were sitting in my pc.

My guys at the moment are level 91 Deoxys, Level 68 Infernape, Level 70 Ditto, Level 68 Luxray, Level 34 Vigoroth, and a Level 23 Swablu.

Drummerdude

I used up my Rare Candies fairly evenly and then stepped into the Pokemon League. I led with Illumise against Mightyena and knocked it out along with Cacturne and Shiftry by using Bug Buzz. Sceptile's Leaf Blade took care of Sharpedo and Azumarill used Play Rough to defeat Absol. Second was Phoebe and this was pretty much the Mightyena show. Crunch took care of Dusclops before I swapped to Azumarill to defeat Sableye. Mightyena returned to the fight against Dusknoir and used Howl before sweeping the rest of Phoebe's team with Crunch. So far so good.

I led with Camerupt against Glacia and beat her Glalie with Flamethrower. I Mega Evolved Sceptile and used Leaf Blade against Walrein. Mightyena and Camerupt then finished off her second Glalie and both Froslass with Crunch and Flamethrower respectively. Drake also ended up being a pushover. Azumarill swept the entire team with Play Rough though I did have Mightyena come in against Salamence for a second to both set up and take the opposing Intimidate.

This is it. Camerupt started the fight with Steven by repeatedly using Flamethrower until Steven stopped healing his Skarmory. Aggron came in and took down Camerupt with Earthquake before Azumarill finished it off with Surf. Then Cradily came in. I'm not going to go into too many details but let's just say it kept using Confuse Ray and my Pokemon hit themselves EVERY SINGLE TURN and I may or may not have reset the fight. Ahem. Camerupt started off by defeating Skarmory with Flamethrower and Azumarill took care of Aggron. Illumise managed to NOT ATTACK ITSELF IN CONFUSION and put in good damage against Cradily before Sceptile finished it off with X-Scissor. Azumarill returned to the fight and almost beat Armaldo before Solrock came in and finished it off with Rock Slide. Sceptile returned to the fight and Mega Evolved to defeat Claydol. I swapped to Mightyena to set up Intimidate against his Mega Metagross but didn't last long with a Giga Impact to the face. From this point on it became a game of sacrifice someone to heal up Mightyena to Intimidate/Crunch. Over and over again.
It did eventually pay off and I was shortly named Champion of the Hoenn region.

Even though it took a little too long to finish I liked this team. It's always fun to me to use some new Pokemon (Mightyena, Illumise, Solrock and Azumarill). Good lord Azumarill became a monster near the end.

254.png
Lv.52
262.png
Lv.53
314.png
Lv.52
323.png
Lv.53
338.png
Lv.51
184.png
Lv.54

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Ugh, I never want to fight ORAS' Elite 4 ever again.

Aerodactyl used Fire Fang!
Manectric flinched!
Manectric flinched!
Bolt used a Max Potion!
Aerodactyl used Rock Slide!
Critical hit!
Bolt used a Max Potion!
Manectric flinched!
Aerodactyl used Rock Slide!
Critical hit!

And so on. And I thought it was bad enough that in the rematches the last two members have Mega pseudo-legends. Never would I have imagined that the most irritating part of that challenge was something other than Mega Metagross. There's a challenge and then there's straight hax.

Redbird

I originally dropped this game after reaching Mauville City, as I was burned out on Pokémon games by that point, but I just got back to it. Planning to beat it this time.

Anyway, not that it's a huge deal, but I forgot how weird the overworld graphics were in this game. Why did they make the grass so dark? It looked so much more natural in the other 3DS Pokémon games. They also made the Poké Centers' doors the same color as their walls, making it look they're locked or something to me. And what's with the tacky textures on the mountains and hills? They remind me of early N64/PS1 games...

Ahem. Sorry for the nitpicks. Is it still possible to find a good number of players online?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dru

Dru

I originally dropped this game after reaching Mauville City, as I was burned out on Pokémon games by that point, but I just got back to it. Planning to beat it this time.

Anyway, not that it's a huge deal, but I forgot how weird the overworld graphics were in this game. Why did they make the grass so dark? It looked so much more natural in the other 3DS Pokémon games. They also made the Poké Centers' doors the same color as their walls, making it look they're locked or something to me. And what's with the tacky textures on the mountains and hills? They remind me of early N64/PS1 games...

Ahem. Sorry for the nitpicks. Is it still possible to find a good number of players online?

YO! I am on the same note and could use a mate to trade with and achieve some evolutions. If your up for it lmk and Ill message you, Ijust beat Norm and am matsuda method hunting a shiny feebas atm.