• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OMG! All English Names/Towns/City names REVEALED!!!

Umbreon Rider

Tolkien fan 4 eva
Running a search on Google, Gardenia seems to be a genus of plant species. Can't find anything about it being a name, however. Like I said, Florence or Daphne probably would have been better names.

a genus. Nintendo have sunk low. Or maybe serebii tried his hand...because of everyone saying the forum joke sucked, he wanted revenge and posted these!! Lol j/k

AgainstMe!

That Guy
Not as bad as Aqua Sphere being the new name for Pulse Bomb. Jeez, makes the Fighting type attack sound like a Water attack. WORST THING EVER.

Draco Meteor?! = Meteoric Swarm? LMAO!

its aura sphere not aqua sphere. Anyway, some of the bad ones are:

Somersault > U-Turn
Feather Rest > Roost
Meteoric Swarm > Draco Meteor
Shadow Drive > Shadow Force
Space Break >>> Spacial Rend (<-WTF??)
Double Headbutt >>> Rock Wrecker (Screw you guys, I'm going home)

I do like Lunar Dance and Lava Plume. Dragon Rush is from DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi.

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
Real or not, i don't think the names flow as good as previous games, these games are aimed at young kids so names like floaroma Canalave don't flow or sound very good. The only good names i see are Mt. Coronet and Veilstone City. Hearthome isn't very unique either. I thought the Cities are named after a certain specific thing or hint to something there or near it's location, Pastoria? what does that hint or mean? Full of marshes full of pasta?

You assume they're aimed at little kids. They're aimed at EVERYONE

FireMeowth

Enthusiast
Crasher Wake was best!

I made my little sister (12) believe that there was a TV show called "Crasher Wake", featuring a guy running around in a forest, getting lost, never wearing a shirt, always wearing a mask, and meeting hippies all the time. He also painted many ugly paintings.

water_warlord

The Warlord of Water
Oh well, I was hoping they were fake, just like the names, we'll get used to them.

PiatbrO

Uber Leader
I don't like the English names at all. The English names for the human characters sound just like the cast of Dawson's Creek o_O

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
Cynthia. How evil. Plus she has the all black going on so yeah.

Some names are good, some are bad, some are in between. That's my two cents.

Yuna

Sweet beauty
Gardenia? Hmm... I must live somehow with it :p
English names are ok. I don`t hate them.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Somersault > U-Turn
They mean about the same thing, what makes Somersault so much cooler?

Feather Rest > Roost
Again, what makes Feather Rest better? Roost is more general at least.

Meteoric Swarm > Draco Meteor
This one I really don't get as to why you would dislike it. They're the same thing, just the dub name lets you know these aren't ordinary meteors, no its a Dragon type attack. Draco means Dragon too in case you didn't know.

Shadow Drive > Shadow Force
Do you think Shadow Drive is just more descriptive? They sound equally cool to me.

Space Break >>> Spacial Rend (<-WTF??)
They mean the same thing, the dub name is just more technical, and really cooler sounding to me.

Spacial = Referring to aspects of space/reality itself.
Rend = To tear apart, cut through etc.

Double Headbutt >>> Rock Wrecker (Screw you guys, I'm going home)
This is apparently a misunderstanding. Rock Wrecker is Rhyperior's unique move. Head Smash is the new name for Double Headbutt.

Last edited:

~Cosmic~

The Plot Thickens
I don't like Cynthia...
The only moves I'm upset with are U-Turn (It doesn't sound like a move)
And Switcheroo (It sounds childish)
Spacial Rend, Judgement, Shadow Force and Dark Void are awesome :)