• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OMG! Pokemon has brought out the crazys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterCharizard15

Manly Eybrows!
Heres the long version full of details:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon
Yeah... Her are some things that are crazy!
In 1999, two nine-year-old boys sued Nintendo because they claimed that the Pokémon Trading Card Game caused them problematic gambling.Okay I guess your gonna blame them for your violent nature to!
In March 2000, Morrison Entertainment Group, a small toy developer based at Manhattan Beach, California, sued Nintendo over claims that Pokémon infringed on its own "Monster in My Pocket" characters. A judge ruled that there was no infringement, so Morrison appealed the ruling in November 2001.Ok that just sounds to perverted to comment
on!
Pokémon has also been accused of promoting cockfighting[25][26] and materialism.[27] Wow I didn't know that! So getting medicine and furniture is materialism
Basicly the purpose of this thread is to talk about how insane the world is when it comes to pokemon.
Also if you have any links to other crazy articles,events ect. with pokemon please post it!

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
For one, never trust wikipedia. Besides, anything popular will attract people suing it for stupid reasons.

Elite Four Muadita

how about when pikachu simbolized the devil or something like that...

Sigh!

Bad Taste Everywhere
Once i heard that some people called pokemon evil because its a letter away from pokdemon. So lemons are evil too?

I once heard that Houndoom caused a controversy with people saying it was based on a hell hound.

I don't have a link to prove that though....

woot21

super noob
A certain copypasta from 4chan involving Mudkipz, liking them, and bad things to a stuffed Mudkip.

woot21 out dawgs

Token

Hooundoom is based on a hell hound though. Slick, your sig made me lulz. Also inbeforlockage and blockage.

iraqmaster

In before the lock!

Anyway, don't forget about that woman who sued claiming that Jynx was a racial stereotype.

mangaeyes

How about the really incredibly stupid thing of that wierdo with too much time on her hands saying Jynx is racist!! When obviously she is based on that popular fashion at the time of pokemon. Did she just wake up and think 'hhhmmm...I think I'll ruin and innocent childs cartoon today'.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Before it gets locked, I wanna post. =D

As a kid, I was told Pokemon was bad. There was a preacher who told the entire congregation at our church that Pokemon was bad. He said that Pickachu means 1,000 times stronger than God.

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
To The Post's About Jynx Look At Her Newer Sprites She Is Now Purple Look At The Old Sprites She Was Black On Those, They Changed This Because People Believed It To Be Racist

Woozl

Raisin' a stink
I once heard that Houndoom caused a controversy with people saying it was based on a hell hound.

I don't have a link to prove that though....

It IS based on a hellhound...it's kind of obvious. >.>

Katharina27

Eeveelution Breeder
How about the really incredibly stupid thing of that wierdo with too much time on her hands saying Jynx is racist!! When obviously she is based on that popular fashion at the time of pokemon. Did she just wake up and think 'hhhmmm...I think I'll ruin and innocent childs cartoon today'.

You know, Jynx has never been among my favorite pokemon but I feel sorry for her. They didn't have to ruin her face by turning it purple! Say hello to our controversial living Jynx!

yamambas.jpg

*Sigh* There are just some days where I am not proud to be an American. Yes, the Japanese are racist against African Americans everywhere! Give me a break!

And let's not forget the fact that Pokemon "Evolve" in five seconds flat, thereby teaching children all about evolution which is a fantasy renounced by the church as evil! ... There is so much actual data to support evolution and these guys are wasting their time picking on Pokemon? Wahahahaha! Harass the scientists, they're what your really fighting and they can actually fight back. Don't pick on your children who are only trying to enjoy themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.