1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

On Cloud Arcanine (416)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Thriller

Thriller Its almost time

Flipped through the pics. Heres my comments.

-Pecha Berries showcased again. Would it kill the writers to showcase something different like Chesto Berries?

-Arcanine as a pillow for the boss? *Throws Meowth in a Straight Jacket and sends him to the local Hospital*

-Why was Max looking at the Pokenav at the end? They aint near Saffron yet are they?

-No new Pokemon for Drew. Maybe next time.

2. Flamez

Flamez Elite 4 Champion

seen the episode, wasn't really all that impressed.
    Looks as if there will be 5 ribbons to get into the grand festival again. Since the case drew was holding had 5 spots for ribbons and he has got one already so he needs 4 more. I thnk that's how its going to be.

And im confused as hell too. munchlax knows metronome and solarbeam?
    In the grand festival skitty used assist and solarbeam popped out and ofcourse eveyone was looking at munchlax, but now that i've seen metronome it could've been that all along right????

3. I found this ep quite enjoyable{much better than the previous two}.
    I also noticed that flygon's voice was a bit off as well.I liked the music they played when May and Drew are facing off.

4. Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Haunter Hunter Sohrab Johto Champion

I just saw it and well it was a nice episode. The Team Rocket part was funny when they were eating the cake. Looks like Mudkip is getting more time to shine now. I also enjoyed the ending where the music started to play.

5. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

Uh, no. If Assist had come up with Metronome, Skitty would've actually used Metronome.

Munchlax knows Metronome and Solarbeam, I fail to see what people find so hard to understand about that.

But...anyone care to explain how Metronome just happened to come up with Extremespeed? Especially since it seems that's what May was planning on? So was that Metronome or was it actually Mimic? *looks at Murg*

6. TeddiUrsa

TeddiUrsa Well-Known Member

metronome works in the anime always as thr needed attacks I think. Togepi used metronome for teleport several times when the satoshi-tachi needed a teleport out of the danger or it came up with explosion I think in the orange island Butch/cassidy episode to destory the tower.
    I think the writers have found their new assist. But maybe it is Mimic,...?

7. JazzJazz

JazzJazz Well-Known Member

Just like the badges, consistent. Badges are eight per regions and I guess the ribbons will be five per region...

8. Geki

Geki Guest

I just saw the episode, it was pretty good. It was nice to see Drew again, I thought we would never see him again once the Grand Festival was done, when he left last time, it seemed so final. Flygon VS Squirtle was funny, Flygon used either Wing Attack or Steel Wing and Squirtle started crying to May. It's too bad Drew didn't get one of the Growlithe puppies or the Arcanine, it would be awesome with him. May already has Combusken, and Arcanine/Growlithe doesn't suit her in my opnion.

8/10

9. Drew should have had one of the growlithes he would of trained it good and used it in a contest and probably would have won.

10. Murgatroyd

Murgatroyd Dull Manga Avatar

It was ordered as Metronome, it looked like Metronome, and apparently by some amazing coincidence, it just happened to come out as Extremespeed. Rather implausible, but as far as I can tell, that's how it went.

11. Geodude

I was pretty sure that was what happened...thanks.

12. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

So I was right all along about the Metronome.

This episode bored me. I couldn't even be bothered to watch the last bit of it. Went back to watching Beat to Death Angel Dokuro-chan and the bit where Dokuro lifts up her nighty. ;/

13. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

That's a shame, because the last bit was the best bit. May/Drew tag battle with theme music, y0!

Just out of interest, has the intro music been used in an episode prior to this one this season?

14. Geodude

I don't think so.

15. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

W00t. I should probably annoy everyone and twist that into a Contestshipping hint somehow. ;)

16. XDLord

XDLord Guest

God, now I need to arm CC w/ a shotgun too.

*shoots Jo-Jo repeatedly*

17. Jo-Jo

Jo-Jo blows stuff uhup

Oh. Woe is me. I'm in so much pain. Or I would be, if this wasn't, y'know, the internet.

18. Shigeru-kun

Shigeru-kun Property of Jesus

Do you mean with lyrics or without? oO; Because the intro HAS been used without lyrics in the Purin episode.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  19. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

FYI, shortly before your post Geodude+ noted that Ash said Arcanine's name "before" looking it up in the dex, thus he basically it seems he was just checking for any new info on a Pokemon he already knew about. ^_^

20. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

Heh. That was funny. "Geodude+"

Ash Dexing old Pokemon should NOT occur in any way, shape, or form. May's the one that needs to experience all these 'never before seen' Pokemon.