• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

On Cloud Arcanine (416)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
As I said in the speculation thread May didnt but i wasnt sure if Drew did or not

I am fed up with all this bickering over sites who only put up partial incomplete info weeks before it came out

SuperSonic

Well nobody caught Arcanine. This actually seemed like a pretty interesting episode, TR's boss from Hoenn made a reappearnace. Also, there seemed to be some development for Squirtle. I wonder if the fact that they were all so adamant with catching Arcanine could be foreshadowing something as we've seen in the anime before.

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
ChaosMage said:
Bulbasaur was always going to go, anyway. This would usually imply that Combusken is on the way out by the same logic.

No, it wouldn't because Combusken is May's starter. She wouldn't get rid of it. She may just keep Arcanine for a while, and do the opposite of what Ash did with his Pokemon in Johto.

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
Serebii said:
May DID NOT get Arcanine

I know. I've read it now. The forums messed up, taking me to the first page instead of the last post, so I didn't read it before I posted.

Anway, I'm glad she didn't catch Arcanine. May should get something more original. Like Oddish.

W

Waveblaster

Joe said:
Because the writers thought she did. If in fact she did catch it.

Going by what you just said, Ash didn't really need Chikorita.
I didn't think he needed one, you're right. He shouldn't have gotten all the starters that season. That was the worst of all the seasons...

Serebii said:
May DID NOT get Arcanine
I'm happy once more! This really makes my day, thanks Serebii!

W

Waveblaster

Serebii said:
I can confirm that nobody caught it.
That's even better! This episode keeps getting better and better! So it was basically a filler right?

V Faction

www.faction.com
What the hell... What the hell!

Please, somebody who can understand what the characters say, tell me that Ash wasn't curious as to what Arcanine was... as he examined it with his PokeDex!

New Dex or not, you'd think that he wouldn't have to poke his silly little gadget (sorry for the sexual undertones) at it!

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
It is annoying that a Pokemon that he has met several times and he doesn't know squat about. At least we didn't a get a Growlithe puppy added to the team. That would have stunk.

T

Tifa

Rene Bellosh said:
From what I hear over at BMG, it seems that PokeAni's guide for this episode says that Drew caught the Arcanine.

Im my opinion, I Dont think any one of them Caught the Arcanine
Personally i thought what happned is both May and Drew realised that the Arcanine, needed to stay with its babies so neither of them caught it.

Feity

Storm Trainer
The Big Al said:
It is annoying that a Pokemon that he has met several times and he doesn't know squat about.
any day now ash is gonna freaking look up Pikachu on his Pokedex

R

Rene Bellosh

Well now I've seen the episode myself. When it comes down to it, it's really just YET another filler where nothing of great importance happens. :p

Jash Thor

Bringer of Lombax
All I can say so far is that writers are wasting potentially great episodes. This episode looked like it would turn out good, with the return of Drew, but unfortunately it didn't quite carry through. It's really a shame that TR has to be in every episode, because about half of the episodes in the series entirety would be better off without them. But I was glad to see Dustox again, and Mudkip once again does something (even if barely anything)! But overall it looked nice but not great.

T

Tifa

Rene Bellosh said:
Well now I've seen the episode myself. When it comes down to it, it's really just YET another filler where nothing of great importance happens. :p

I have to agree, they need to put something new into the episodes, Get new baddies, I know we're all used to TR, but they just waste 5 - 10 mintues of an episode all the time. Im not surprised there making episodes like this, which are pretty similar to past episodes because theyve made over 400, they must be running out of ideas.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Like I've said, the main purpose of this episode was simply to show the viewers that Shuu would still be around for the Battle Fronteir arc. Although this still looks better than the previous two fillers (animation aside).

Squirtle riding Flygon is one of the cutest moments ever.

Magical Leaf

Kore wa nani mo imi shinai
Mudkip out of its ball again? Doing something? Things seem to be looking up for the little guy.

Going by the pictures, the episode doesn't seem that bad, Wobby seems to get a fair share of comical moments, and the look on Combusken's face when Arcanine runs away from it.....X3 I almost feel sorry for him.

I'm glad that in the end, nobody caught Arcanine. Giving it May would just seem....out of place, and giving it Drew would make him slowly turn into a Gary clone, in my opinion.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
For some reason I was really amazed by the animation and May. This was a nice episode indeed and what was Team Rockets boss from Hoenn doing here?

JazzJazz

Are all of your memories perfect? There's a Hell of a lot of pokemon in the world, I don't mind if Ash has to occasionally check his Pokedex for a little refresher course in pokemon he hasn't encountered for a while...