• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

On Cloud Arcanine (416)

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Flygon's voice sounded a bit off today Oo Ah well...but the episode was quite good. At least it had some funny moments here and there.
Team Rocket hiding the pie in Wobbuffet's mouth = great. Because you could clearly see where it was.
When I think about it, Wobbuffet was funny throughout the whole episode, with Jessie being angry at it when it found the berries and lifting it up into the air XD But it was kinda a rip-off of the scene in "Wynaut of the Mirage Island".

Surprisingly, Drew didn't amaze me at all this time. His actions looked almost clumsy at the beginning of the episode, and he flipped his hair too much today. Meh. But nice to see him anyway.

I liked the plan Brock had, cornering Arcanine and forcing it to a certain direction was pretty clever.

Squirtle was cute as always. And Munchlax was close to being useful. But only close XD Ah well, at least it used an attack..

Not supposed to be a summary x_X I just pointed out random things..

Oh, and that attack Arcanine used in the preview was actually Heat Wave, not Overheat. Dunno if it was already mentioned..

Team Rocket Admin

I thought someone said that Forretress was going to do something in this episode. Did he, or am I off base here? It was good to see Dustox again, and it's good to know she still has it (for now) ;269;

Last edited:

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
I thought someone said that Forretress was going to do something in this episode. Did he, or am I off base here? It was good to see Dustox again, and it's good to know she still has it (for now)
Argy said Dustox not Forretress. I had said it was Dustox. You can barely count Squirtle Vs. Flygon a battle. It launched a bubble attack at Flygon for Drew teasing May again and Drew ordered Flygon did something and it freaked out and ran to May.

Geodude

V Faction said:
Please, somebody who can understand what the characters say, tell me that Ash wasn't curious as to what Arcanine was... as he examined it with his PokeDex!
Absolutely not. He said its name before looking it up.

Tifa said:
Im my opinion, I Dont think any one of them Caught the Arcanine
Personally i thought what happned is both May and Drew realised that the Arcanine, needed to stay with its babies so neither of them caught it.
In your opinion? It either happened or it didn't, there's obviously no such thing as an opinion about something like that. And as was clearly stated just a few posts before you, nobody caught it, for the reasons you mentioned.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Well, although it was really fillerish this was still a pretty good episode. Predictable for the most part, but there were some surprising bits.

Thoughts:
-Heh, nobody caught Windie. So much for that. :p
-Certainly didn't expect to see Kojirou-tachi's 'boss' from the Houen League again. I guess he's become a recurring character. Meh, I'm kinda indifferent to the guy. Don't like him, don't dislike him.
-GC overheat makes Herakurosu cry.
-Seeing Gonbe using extremespeed made me chuckle, but besides that he was annoying as always.
-I see the writers missed their opportunity to have Kojirou remember Guard-chan. Not the least bit surprising, but disappointing none the less.
-Seeing Shuu again was cool.
-Unsurprisingly, Furaigon owned Zenigame. Pretty bad choice on Haruka's part to use the little guy. The double battle with the Rocket-dan was pretty neat though.
-Holy sh*t! Dokukeiru is actually out of its monster ball. :eek:
-There was some great music in this episode. The piece that begins when Takeshi is explaining his plan is always cool, and the one that played at the end, "Shouri no Badge, Getto da ze!", is one of my favorite instrumentals from show. I can't remember the last time we heard that one played in an episode. ;_;

Last edited:

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
It was Heat Wave, dammit :p CG Heat Wave certainly isn't as bad as CG Overheat.

And did anyone notice that the Kanto Contest Ribbon Drew has looks different? The two..er, dunno the English word for this..loops (?) on the side are gone. Or is that just a big animation error o_O? I hope it isn't.. It does look weird, but I'm all for creativity, so..yeah.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Sushi said:
It was Heat Wave, dammit :p CG Heat Wave certainly isn't as bad as CG Overheat.
Bleh. Then it also makes me cry for looking so damn much like overheat. >< The way they animated it in the Houen League made much more sense and didn't look like absolute crap.

Shin Ura Yuuki

Red's Follower
Munchlax used Extremespeed? Seriously? That's frightening. o_o

V Faction

www.faction.com
Okay, I'm getting blasted with all this info at once.

You mean to tell me what Arcanine used was Heat Wave and not Overheat? Even though it looked EXACTLY like Overheat (though slightly different) on the previews? They really switched the way Heat Wave was performed?

And Munchlax has Metronome? So it really did learn that in the Clefairy episode?

What's with you guys thinking it's Overheat?! It clearly looks like a Fire Spin(or have you forgotten about Combusken already?), which Growlithe can learn(through breeding anyways).-_-; And Heat Wave looked entirely different from this...this CG is really confusing.:(

Sorry for the outburst...it's just that it really does look like one of Combusken's Fire Spin attacks.:/

V Faction

www.faction.com
That's just lame. The only explanation for the different looks is that Char's Heat Wave at the League was during a 2on2 battle, and HW can hit both opponents. So it 'split up'. But that excuse it for looking so damn similar to Overheat in this episode.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Pika Hikari KT said:
What's with you guys thinking it's Overheat?! It clearly looks like a Fire Spin(or have you forgotten about Combusken already?), which Growlithe can learn(through breeding anyways).-_-; And Heat Wave looked entirely different from this...this CG is really confusing.:(

Sorry for the outburst...it's just that it really does look like one of Combusken's Fire Spin attacks.:/
It looks a lot more like overheat than fire spin. Wakashamo's fire spin doesn't have the flame part in the center, it's hollow.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
JazzJazz said:
Are all of your memories perfect? There's a Hell of a lot of pokemon in the world, I don't mind if Ash has to occasionally check his Pokedex for a little refresher course in pokemon he hasn't encountered for a while...
*Golden Retriever walks by*
Hey! That a......umm......uhhhh....well it could be a........errrmmm....it's....kinda....hmmm......let's see.......it's golden......and.....fufufufufufu.....it.....retrieves.....things.....oh dammit! I'm going to have to get my Dog Species Book for this one!

That couldn't be anymore over-exaggerated. But the point is, Ash should know Pokemon that he's encountered before. As he seems to have "interesting and memorable" fillers with them.
Mind you, it's not that Ash forgets what the Pokemon are, it's the writers refreshing our memories [though if you're watching Pokemon you *should* know what an Arcanine is]. In that case, that's why it's good to have May around so she can check the Kanto Pokemon she's never seen before. But she didn't in this episode.

Holy Shiznat! Hold the Phone! Pull Over!
Gonbe knows Metronome? So does he know Solarbeam, or did he just Metronome it? Or does he know Solarbeam AND Metronome? And if he does, is it the Clefairys who taught him? *explodes*

...it...was...Heat Wave? NUUUUUU!!!! ;o; Heat Wave looked awesome in the League, why did they have to change it to yet another generic firebeam?
I hope the animators will soon be over their "experiments" with CG, it's annoying, redundant, and out of place. Not to mention the consistency is horrible. Jigglypuff gets a 'super-duper' CG Flamethrower and the next episode Flygon's is back to normal? Doubleyou. Tee. Eff. To the MAX!

V Faction

www.faction.com
Kawaiiest.Combusken said:

*Golden Retriever walks by*
Hey! That a......umm......uhhhh....well it could be a........errrmmm....it's....kinda....hmmm......let's see.......it's golden......and.....fufufufufufu.....it.....retrieves.....things.....oh dammit! I'm going to have to get my Dog Species Book for this one!

That couldn't be anymore over-exaggerated. But the point is, Ash should know Pokemon that he's encountered before. As he seems to have "interesting and memorable" fillers with them.
Mind you, it's not that Ash forgets what the Pokemon are, it's the writers refreshing our memories [though if you're watching Pokemon you *should* know what an Arcanine is]. In that case, that's why it's good to have May around so she can check the Kanto Pokemon she's never seen before. But she didn't in this episode.

Holy Shiznat! Hold the Phone! Pull Over!
Gonbe knows Metronome? So does he know Solarbeam, or did he just Metronome it? Or does he know Solarbeam AND Metronome? And if he does, is it the Clefairys who taught him? *explodes*

...it...was...Heat Wave? NUUUUUU!!!! ;o; Heat Wave looked awesome in the League, why did they have to change it to yet another generic firebeam?
I hope the animators will soon be over their "experiments" with CG, it's annoying, redundant, and out of place. Not to mention the consistency is horrible. Jigglypuff gets a 'super-duper' CG Flamethrower and the next episode Flygon's is back to normal? Doubleyou. Tee. Eff. To the MAX!
Dang, K.C. I don't believe I've seen you act this crazy bef-WHOOOA IS THAT A SKWAILMITTY IN YOUR SIG?!

That's like... on Claypass level.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
V Faction said:
Dang, K.C. I don't believe I've seen you act this crazy bef-WHOOOA IS THAT A SKWAILMITTY IN YOUR SIG?!

That's like... on Claypass level.
Eeeeeee! Skwailmitty is being compared to the almighty Claypass?
Well...I'm flattered. Now all we need is Chibi Skwailmitty, Dancing Skwailmitty, and Skwailmitty BBQ Sauce and the franchise will be all set =D!

B

Blaziken master

I haven't seen this ep yet,but I have a question.Is flygon cool in this episode?

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Yay, seen the eppie! Thoughts:

- It was great to be able to see the intro at its proper size; I've been stuck watching a teeny low-quality one up 'til now.

- Cool effects with Arcanine's Extreme Speed. I kept having Matrix flashbacks.

- It is probably not normal to giggle fangirlishly over Drew saying "Shimatta!" quite as much as I did.

- WTF is up with Flygon's voice? I don't remember it being that bad in the Grand Festival. Speaking of which, Squirtle and Mudkip's voices are at least ten times better than Zenigame's and... Mizugi...thing... whatever it's called.[/dubbist pride]

- While I remember, did Drew give any information about the Kanto contests, apart from showing May his ribbon?

- Hmm, TR's boss from the Hoenn League is back. Strange how many of these people just happen to coincidentally turn up in whatever region the twerps have gone to. ;)

- Plenty of amusing scenes in this ep - I liked Ash's rumbling stomach, and Munchlax using Extreme Speed, although it's a bit convenient that it got it through using Metronome. Isn't that attack meant to be random?

- Where did Drew jump down from when May was trying to confront Arcanine? o_O The kid has superpowers, I'm sure of it.

- Wow, Squirtle vs. Flygon was over even sooner than Beautifly vs. Roselia. You know, if May wants to beat Drew, she might do better not to leave all of her strongest Pokemon save Combusken behind, because you can bet that he'll still have Roselia and Masquerain with him.

- AwwwwwwwwwGrowlithepuppies!!!!11 *kawaiiplode*

- Congrats, Drew, you've joined the ranks of the several billion trainers throughout the series to puncture TR's balloon.

- Yay for May/Drew teamwork! They really do work well together. It's interesting how often they're portrayed as equals, skill-wise, whenever they're not battling each other.

- Flygon protecting Squirtle + Squirtle riding on Flygon = CUTENESS.

- There were definite echoes of Now That's Flower Power in this ep. Introduction of Drew and establishment of the May/Drew friendly rivalry... May and Drew competing over a prize of some kind (Bluk berries/Arcanine)... joining forces for a final showdown against TR... Good thing Drew's not in the Saffron contest, or I might think that the writers are recycling their scripts from three years ago. :p

Last edited: