• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

On The Pokemon Stereotypes

Mechana2412

Plasmoid Trainer
Hello,

First time I've made a thread on Serebiiforums.. I've posted alot but never got the right ideas to make a thread... But I finally have.

This thread (Sorry if theres one already I couldn't find one) is about Stereotypes. What do I mean? Lets look at some of the rants about D/P.

"Manaphy is a Legendary! It can't breed!"
"Why does Hiidoran get a gender?"

And some Non-D/P

"ZOMGBBQWDF Pokemon can't have 3 types!"
"Pokemon can only have 3 stages.."

I can be assured that most of you agree..

But

What if GF decided to remove these stereotypes? You would all most likely freak out and say "Gamefreak ruined Pokemon!!". That is untrue.

Think about it. All of those are just Stereotypes. Gamefreak never said "We won't let Legendaries have genders or breed" or "Pokemon can only have 2 types and 2 evos" did they? As long as I can recall they didn't. Now if you disagree with me, think about it. Its completely possible that these things WILL happen in the future. Its unpredictable, I know, but its something GF has most likely been thinking of.

Now that my thread is done I'll most likely be flooded with

"That'd break the Metagame"
"Noob shut up you don't know what you're saying"
or
"This isn't going to happen"

But even if this thread does get flamed, the idea won't end.. This is just a reminder that our hate of change is irrational and that new things are going to happen..

-Mechana
PS: If I did anything against the rules here please remind me before locking/deleting/closing this. Thanks.

Supreme Golden Ho-oH

Yeah, you're right, IF gamefreak removed then, and put, for exemple, a 3 type pokemon, it could be fun, complicated but fun. And a pokemon also could have many evolutions. Gamefreak may be thinking of all that...it would cool if some of your ideas were in the 5th generation...

Phatkav

Waiting for FFXIII
A Pokemon with more than 2 evolutions is good, but there should be a limit. It would be stupid if a Pokemon got 5 evolutions.

Mechana2412

Plasmoid Trainer
I know it would be stupid about 5 evos. But still.

I've seen people say that info about D/P is fake just because its something GF hasn't done before. Like how people thought Manaphy breeding was fake. Or Hiidoran having a random gender was fake.

TurtleLove

Slow and steady baby
3 typed Pokemon.

I remember back in the day...

No FARTHER!

Yes... right there.

Back in the day when everyone first began to contemplate 3 typed Pokemon.

One of the most popular of the 3 types was Charizard.

Dragon/Fire/Flying.

krymzen

<-- Geodude is ANGRY
I hoped for more evolutions too. The final ones wouldn't be much stronger, but it would be more of a reward seeing your pokemon in all the different stages, here's an example

(get at lvl 1)Babysaur-->-->lvl5bulbasaur-->Lvl10-->seedasur-->lvl16ivysaur-->ll25Plantisaur-->lvl32 Venasaur

That would allow evolutions to get stats more gradually.

shooting star

Leaving SPPF! G'bye!
I hoped for more evolutions too. The final ones wouldn't be much stronger, but it would be more of a reward seeing your pokemon in all the different stages, here's an example

(get at lvl 1)Babysaur-->-->lvl5bulbasaur-->Lvl10-->seedasur-->lvl16ivysaur-->ll25Plantisaur-->lvl32 Venasaur

That would allow evolutions to get stats more gradually.
I made a pre-evo of bulbasaur named babysaur when i was a newbie...

On-topic: Never thought of it.. interesting.

Hello,

First time I've made a thread on Serebiiforums.. I've posted alot but never got the right ideas to make a thread... But I finally have.

This thread (Sorry if theres one already I couldn't find one) is about Stereotypes. What do I mean? Lets look at some of the rants about D/P.

"Manaphy is a Legendary! It can't breed!"
"Why does Hiidoran get a gender?"

And some Non-D/P

"ZOMGBBQWDF Pokemon can't have 3 types!"
"Pokemon can only have 3 stages.."

I can be assured that most of you agree..

But

What if GF decided to remove these stereotypes? You would all most likely freak out and say "Gamefreak ruined Pokemon!!". That is untrue.

Think about it. All of those are just Stereotypes. Gamefreak never said "We won't let Legendaries have genders or breed" or "Pokemon can only have 2 types and 2 evos" did they? As long as I can recall they didn't. Now if you disagree with me, think about it. Its completely possible that these things WILL happen in the future. Its unpredictable, I know, but its something GF has most likely been thinking of.

Now that my thread is done I'll most likely be flooded with

"That'd break the Metagame"
"Noob shut up you don't know what you're saying"
or
"This isn't going to happen"

But even if this thread does get flamed, the idea won't end.. This is just a reminder that our hate of change is irrational and that new things are going to happen..

-Mechana
PS: If I did anything against the rules here please remind me before locking/deleting/closing this. Thanks.

Nice ideas,it would be too complicated,but t would be fun.

Polursine

Leave my posts alone
Azureus (sp?) is the UBER GOD! He can have any type he wants!

Eevee should evolve with the Leaf Stone!

PumpedAaron

Bodybuilder Trainer
I think Latias and Latios should definitly be able to breed,

Heck all legendaries should!

KyonKyon

Gust of Wind
no more than 2 evos and types, thats over the top dont ya think~?

Grasswhistler

stopthesealhunt.ca
Well, they've already done something of the sort, that is giving physical and special attacks new rules. Which I think is a lot of fun, something new to learn about Pokemon and a new way to battle is always welcome, and it gives a spin on some old Pokemon and makes some previously weaker Pokemon stronger.

PumpedAaron

Bodybuilder Trainer
They should make Shiny's easier to get...

Francesc

Natsu no Maboroshi
I still think legendaries should have gender, but unable to breed.