• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once 4th generation has come out, will you stop playing the 3rd?

Kaliber

Older Master
I find it hard to go back and play the second generation because of how grapically different the two look.

discuss.

Scepgatr

There was another thread like before. Third Gen will still be played, especially Emerald due to its cloning glitch.

Of course I'll still play. :p

Hao Kaiser

Aww... Crap.
I'll still go back and play every once and a while (probably like I do now... which is like, almost never...). But, you know, I'll have to start a new file, as all of my good pokemon will be transfered over to my copy of Pearl.

Sir Crocodile

Arcanite Reaper HO!
Nah... After playing 3rd gen, I can't play 2nd for a long time due to bad graphics. The same situation will apply to the 3rd and 4th.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
No I won't stop playing since you can trade pokemon from the third gen to the fourth gen and I may need certain items from time to time.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
No, in fact I'm going to keep trying to beat the BF, not as often, though.

E.J.S

Gurren Lagann.
Yeah Ill pretty much be done with the 3rd gen because D/P will be such a nice refresher from the same old storyline and pokemon.

PokemonFan2005

Master Breeder
I have no choice... I have no DS, so no D/P for me.

Abrabreeder

I'm 30 now, go figure...
First, I'll transfer the important and unobtainable pokemon from my lf to Diamond, then..... I'll erase my lf and choose the other character, a different starter and i will not waste tm's anymore, i'll use them wisely... so... yeah, sure

Raikou77

Not for a while, if I can I'll breed in Emerald rather than DP b/c of the IV guy in BF. I'll also play Emerald a lot b/c of cloning too.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I'll be playing my third gen games, ONLY for shiny hunting certain Pokemon and cloning purposes. If you could do both on D/P, then I seriously wouldn't play my third gen games anymore unless some new discovery was made.

Watermaniac

My 1st shiny ever
yeah, i'll play my LG to breed some pokemon since i don't have emeraldo and, obviously, can't clone them, so if i want to trade some cyndaquils i'll have to breed them

Tony~Jirachi

best pokemon ever
No. I still plan on playing both. Maybe Diamond more than 3rd generation, but i will still play 3rd generation to obtain pokemon,items, SR for legends with good natures,ivs,shiny, etc , and cloning.

Kenryoku_Maxis

I'll still go back and play Emerald and Leaf because I'll probably need to get Pokemon out of it and they'll probably be an advantage to breeding and leveling in Emerald for certain Pokemon.

I'll still use emerald for the cloning glitch.