• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once In A Blue Moon! (129)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Once In A Blue Moon!

While polishing the GS Ball in Cherrygrove City, Ash soon finds that a Quagsire has stolen the GS Ball. Trying to get it back, he gets arrested for interfering in the Quagsire Festival where they get round things and send them upstream and the last back gives good luck. Will Ash get the GS Ball back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Shikamaru

Strawberry Milk
Now to me I loved this episode not because of the plot it's just because I love quagsire!I'm not saying that the plots bad I just find it to be another one of those episodes that the plot is preety stale. But all I have is but one question. At the beginning of the episode when officer jeny stops the battle agaisnt quagsire and ash she says that the place was a quagsire preserve. Why is the quagsire habitat around there so special. I have one guess is that they don't want Ash & Co. messing around with the tradition that the quagsire do.

M

meggirl63

The part with the Quagsire launching those round objects into the sky while trying to reach the moon had a magical effect, especially for Ash and co.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I don't like quagsire very much (unlike woopers, which I find adorable), but otherwise this episode is okay. I do like the part when the quagsire suddenly shows up nodding agreement with the twerps, and when the quagsires keep literally slipping out of Team Rocket's grasp, but otherwise I didn't like them. It was nice to finally hear the music from the evolution song on the 2BA Master CD, though.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
I thought this episode was very funny. I just watched it on my DVD, too funny. My favorite moment in the episode is when quagsire jumps on Ash's face and won't let go LOL. I also love Chicorita's jealousy over Ash and another Pokemon. One of my favorite Jhoto episodes.

Great episode, this one is, and very funny too, Quagsire usually seem to be like this all the time

Battra

A good episode, I got plenty of laughs out of Quagsire following Ash around trying to get the GS ball and of Team Rocket trying to capture tehm only to have them slip right out.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Man, watching the GS ball sparkle and get the closest to the moon in the Quagsire festival really makes you wonder. I also liked how they said the GS ball would be Ash's good luck charm.

Haha, yeah RIGHT. God, the GS ball is such a sad plothole. It actually showed promise back here.

katfairy

Great episode, but there was one thing about it that annoyed me, and I'm wondering if this was something changed in the dub.

When they're talking to Professor Oak after being arrested, he apologizes to Jenny for not having warned them about the preserve, then yells at the kids for causing trouble by breaking the rules he never told them about. To make matters worse, Brock then blames Ash for the whole thing when all Ash was doing was trying to get the GS ball back; it was Misty who was trying to catch the Quagsire.

I know Ash isn't the brightest bulb on the tree, but it always annoyed me when they just immediately blamed him for everything that went wrong.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
When they're talking to Professor Oak after being arrested, he apologizes to Jenny for not having warned them about the preserve, then yells at the kids for causing trouble by breaking the rules he never told them about. To make matters worse, Brock then blames Ash for the whole thing when all Ash was doing was trying to get the GS ball back; it was Misty who was trying to catch the Quagsire.

I wasn't particularly fond of that moment, either >_< I guess things got a bit mixed up in the heat of the moment? :( Either way, at least they got the GS Ball returned ^^

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I liked this episode. I personally find Quagsire to be a fairly interesting pokemon. I really enjoyed the part where Chikorita showed its affection towards Ash. :) I also enjoyed watching the Quagsire escape from Team Rocket, and shot rocks at them. I thought it was pretty clever. I am also glad that they managed to get the GS ball back. Hopefully Ash learns to be more carefull with it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
One of the best Johto Journeys episodes since the Pokemon that debuted has a fun attitude. Quagsire was really enjoyable, as it took the GS Ball like it was nothing special haha. I don't particularly like the rest of the story but the Quagsire's antics were funny and I started to enjoy Quagsire as a Pokemon because of this episode. A good Johto Filler, which is hard to come by. 7/10.

Last edited: